[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

10/14/2017  12:22 PM
TPercy wrote:I'm not going to lie to you: I was caught dead in the middle between voting trump or going third party and when the recordings came out that definitely decided it for me. However, at the end of the day all characters have flaws, regardless of the degree of those flaws. Does putting that man in office mean that they were okay with it?

I think it does. If you vote for someone while being fully aware of their flaws then you have rationalized that person's faults away. And you have accepted that whatever s/he brings to the table makes up for the weaknesses. So yes essentially in the balance they are ok with it

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/14/2017  1:05 PM
TPercy wrote:I'm not going to lie to you: I was caught dead in the middle between voting trump or going third party and when the recordings came out that definitely decided it for me. However, at the end of the day all characters have flaws, regardless of the degree of those flaws. Does putting that man in office mean that they were okay with it?

Sexually assaulting women and thinking it's okay is beyond a character flaw for me. I work with kids (as well as women and men) who have been sexually assaulted or abused and having Trump made president even after he was exposed as sexually assaulting women sent out a horrific message.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/14/2017  1:36 PM
Seems Trump is not the President of the entire United States! He's totally ignoring parts of the country he feels aren't on his team! SMDH!

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/14/2017  4:31 PM
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
USA
10/14/2017  8:22 PM
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

10/14/2017  10:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2017  10:55 PM
smackeddog wrote:

Sexually assaulting women and thinking it's okay is beyond a character flaw for me. I work with kids (as well as women and men) who have been sexually assaulted or abused and having Trump made president even after he was exposed as sexually assaulting women sent out a horrific message.

@Knickoftime. It is a flaw on the candidate. It might be a far worse flaw than Obama inhaling substances but nevertheless it is a flaw.

Also, I've only been alive for a certain number of years, so I can't speak as to whether "Rationalizing" sexual assualt is now a new norm. Its irrelevant nevertheless and dosen't change my opinion whether or not its true.

The Future is Bright!
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
10/14/2017  11:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/14/2017  11:11 PM
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

@Knickoftime. It is a flaw on the candidate. It might be a far worse flaw than Obama inhaling substances but nevertheless it is a flaw.

Also, I've only been alive for a certain number of years, so I can't speak as to whether "Rationalizing" sexual assualt is now a new norm. Its irrelevant nevertheless and dosen't change my opinion whether or not its true.

Sexually assaulting women or man is bad. And juts assaulting anyone is equally bad.
The problem is that some primitive man think that sexually assaulting women is something women like and so it is normal.
Not so many people in the world move far enough from primitive tribal cultures even if they reside in civilized country.
But when you see the caveman, it is clear, its a caveman...

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
USA
10/14/2017  11:59 PM
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

10/15/2017  12:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/15/2017  1:08 AM
Also we throw around the term sexual assault way too losely. For sexual assault to be true there must be coercion and there is zero hard evidence of that. What he described on those tapes was sexual misconduct which is still morally awful but far from sexual assault. Truth matters and Trump isn't on the same wavelength as Harvey.( though I wouldn't be surprised if there is more evidence yet to surface of trump admitting to sexual assault)
The Future is Bright!
nixluva
USA
10/15/2017  2:08 AM
Trump never even mentions the Cali Fires!

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/15/2017  11:00 AM
nixluva wrote:Trump never even mentions the Cali Fires!

California did not vote for him, so as far as he is concerned that state does not matter.

Trust the Process
nixluva
USA
10/15/2017  12:42 PM
TheGame wrote:

California did not vote for him, so as far as he is concerned that state does not matter.

I just can't STAND Trump anymore! . This man is a disgrace to the Office and is literally eroding the unity of the country. Can't imagine a more PETTY and VINDICTIVE person to have as President. He's toying with people's LIVES!

nixluva
USA
10/15/2017  2:06 PM
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/15/2017  2:40 PM
arkrud
USA
10/15/2017  7:57 PM
djsunyc wrote:

Sport is good or you man.
Its logical. Black president - basketball, white president - golf, Jewish president - chess.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
arkrud
USA
10/15/2017  7:58 PM
nixluva wrote:
TheGame wrote:

I just can't STAND Trump anymore! . This man is a disgrace to the Office and is literally eroding the unity of the country. Can't imagine a more PETTY and VINDICTIVE person to have as President. He's toying with people's LIVES!

Man, he is getting to you.
How this man deserve that you losing you health and well being by hating him.
Stop wasting yourself for nothing.

nixluva
USA
10/15/2017  9:37 PM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TheGame wrote:

I've got a family that I'm the Patriarch of! He's a dangerous man in charge of things that effect all of our lives. Of course I care what he does. Are you a father or grandfather? If so I can't imagine you aren't concerned with the actions of Trump and how they can negatively impact your children.

arkrud
USA
10/15/2017  10:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/15/2017  10:07 PM
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TheGame wrote:

I've got a family that I'm the Patriarch of! He's a dangerous man in charge of things that effect all of our lives. Of course I care what he does. Are you a father or grandfather? If so I can't imagine you aren't concerned with the actions of Trump and how they can negatively impact your children.

Hate is not helping in combating wrong things. It increasing the problems rather that helping to resolve them.
I prefer to wonder about what is going on instead of becoming agitated, upset, and angry.
This helps to solve the problems and take the best possible path of actions.
Trump is an agitator. He wants you to react, to get hooked, he wants to take you out of balance.
Just let him clown as he wish. He is empty and his presidency will produce big fat nothing.
Unless people will overreact and let the situation slide into some bloody mess.
Relax and watch him destroy himself rather that helping him by unnecessary attention.
Everything that we resist persists. Just let it go and this hook he put into you mind will disappear.

nixluva
USA
10/15/2017  10:09 PM
Most Americans are totally unaware of the money and influence from Robert Mercer the money man behind Trump, Bretbart etc. People think it's a joke or paranoia when talking about powerful White men who are actively working against minorities but THE MAN exists. Mercer is one of them.

nixluva
USA
10/16/2017  3:28 PM
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
arkrud wrote:
nixluva wrote:
TheGame wrote:

Hate is not helping in combating wrong things. It increasing the problems rather that helping to resolve them.
I prefer to wonder about what is going on instead of becoming agitated, upset, and angry.
This helps to solve the problems and take the best possible path of actions.
Trump is an agitator. He wants you to react, to get hooked, he wants to take you out of balance.
Just let him clown as he wish. He is empty and his presidency will produce big fat nothing.
Unless people will overreact and let the situation slide into some bloody mess.
Relax and watch him destroy himself rather that helping him by unnecessary attention.
Everything that we resist persists. Just let it go and this hook he put into you mind will disappear.

I honestly don't think you understand how all this works. Ignoring Trump who is PRESIDENT of the United States is the Wrong approach IMO. How does that stop him from wrecking things or creating the pretense for War?

The problem isn't just that he agitates. Trump is doing things that actually impact people's lives negatively. Perhaps you aren't affected by what Trump is doing but MANY Americans are being impacted.

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy