[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
smackeddog
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #883
10/13/2017  3:25 AM
nixluva wrote:

I would genuinely liked to know from trump supporters why the fact he happily sexually assaulted women didn't matter to them or put them off voting for him.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/13/2017  9:48 AM
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:

I would genuinely liked to know from trump supporters why the fact he happily sexually assaulted women didn't matter to them or put them off voting for him.

fake news and locker room talk . Did you just here???

Or

Clinton's had people killed (earthman surfer)
Clinton's are most crooked polititians ever (gunsnewing)
Hey, we've all done it (briggs)

I stopped paying attention after awhile...

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/13/2017  10:32 AM
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/13/2017  10:46 AM
nixluva wrote:

That big water is proving to be insurmountable- even Trump with his giant IQ can't fathom out how to restore basic services.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/13/2017  2:09 PM
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Sexual assault is now a partisan issue. Conservatives have embraced it like tax cuts.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
10/13/2017  2:51 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Sexual assault is now a partisan issue. Conservatives have embraced it like tax cuts.

not really fair. Conservatives do not unilaterally support Trump. Nor is it fair to expect everyone to denounce him, although many have. However imagine you are a regular old conservative, want to serve, and loath Trump. How does trashing him help you to help the people you represent? How does it help you accomplish whatever agenda (non self-serving) you have? Its not as simple as good and bad and if you dont denounce it your ok with it.

Thats the real problem and toxic issue w/ this guy IMO. The trickle effect. It puts everyone in a position of weakness IMO.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
nixluva
USA
10/13/2017  3:20 PM
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/13/2017  3:37 PM
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:

That big water is proving to be insurmountable- even Trump with his giant IQ can't fathom out how to restore basic services.

Said this right after the hurricane left PR...Little general Trump should have used the Army and Navy to "invade" the island. Should have incorporated it into a military exercise where we are "rescuing" a population that had been besieged by Isis. Use copters to rescue inland folks who were trapped...bring in the Army Corps of Engineers to work on the logistics.

He had to be shamed by HRC before he sent that large hospital ship to PR, but now you are hearing that the lack of organization on the island has kept most people from using its facilities.

Pretty pathetic response at this point, culminating in the story about a number of the FEMA medical team taking a day off for discount pedicures from locals...can't wait for the migration to Florida and the revenge vote by the displaced.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Knickoftime

10/13/2017  4:07 PM
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:

not really fair. Conservatives do not unilaterally support Trump. Nor is it fair to expect everyone to denounce him, although many have. However imagine you are a regular old conservative, want to serve, and loath Trump. How does trashing him help you to help the people you represent? How does it help you accomplish whatever agenda (non self-serving) you have? Its not as simple as good and bad and if you dont denounce it your ok with it.

Thats the real problem and toxic issue w/ this guy IMO. The trickle effect. It puts everyone in a position of weakness IMO.

I was being sarcastic, but you're kind of making my point for me. Because this happened in a political sphere, we rationalize the irrational.

'Sure, he admitted to sexual assault, but what else are we going to do?'

You don't get to be morally outraged and pragmatically engaged at the same time. You have to choose one or the other. And the second one is being okay with it - in balance.

TPercy
Member: #5748

10/13/2017  7:08 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Dude. Not okay. Point me to an actual conservative that thinks sexual assault is okay.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

10/13/2017  7:09 PM
Nevermind, you are being sarcastic
The Future is Bright!
Knickoftime

10/13/2017  7:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/13/2017  7:13 PM
TPercy wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Dude. Not okay. Point me to an actual conservative that thinks sexual assault is okay.

Any one that choose Trump anyway for political reasons.

Any conversation that effectively goes, "I condemn it, but..." is what I'm referring to. A choice, a bargain is being made.

nixluva
USA
10/13/2017  7:17 PM
TPercy

10/13/2017  7:17 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Any conversation that effectively goes, "I condemn it, but..." is what I'm referring to. A choice is being made.

I see where you are coming from, but at the end of the day does voting for someone mean that you are okay with the actions of the candidate?

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

10/13/2017  7:21 PM
I'm not going to lie to you: I was caught dead in the middle between voting trump or going third party and when the recordings came out that definitely decided it for me. However, at the end of the day all characters have flaws, regardless of the degree of those flaws. Does putting that man in office mean that they were okay with it?
The Future is Bright!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/13/2017  7:27 PM
http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2017/10/13/donald-trump-pledges-to-hate-group-that-homophobes-will-no-longer-be-silenced/

anybody gay? you have a friend in trump :)

Knickoftime

10/13/2017  7:27 PM
TPercy wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Any conversation that effectively goes, "I condemn it, but..." is what I'm referring to. A choice is being made.

I see where you are coming from, but at the end of the day does voting for someone mean that you are okay with the actions of the candidate?

Is there any other way to look at it?

TPercy

10/13/2017  7:35 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Is there any other way to look at it?

Yes. At that point it becomes a utilitarian argument: The perceived good that a candidate will bring outweighs the bad the candidate will bring. Every candidate has flaws whether its the belief or the character of said candidate. I imagine whatever decision you made on election day had flaws/consequences...does that mean that you embrace it or that perceived good of the decision you made outweighed the bad?

The Future is Bright!
nixluva
USA
10/13/2017  9:34 PM
Knickoftime

10/14/2017  12:15 PM
TPercy wrote:Every candidate has flaws whether its the belief or the character of said candidate.

Sexual assault = a flaw.

Do I understand that correctly?

I imagine whatever decision you made on election day had flaws/consequences...does that mean that you embrace it or that perceived good of the decision you made outweighed the bad?

Either way. How one wants to rationalize something doesn't really matter all that much, does it?

Sexual assault is no longer at across-the-board, no second thoughts, immediate disqualification.

Is that an accurate statement, simple yes or no, no tacted on explanation?

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy