[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
10/7/2017  11:12 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2017  8:47 AM
TPercy - you are playing defense for a madman who threatens nuclear war.

Are you crazy?

once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
misterearl
USA
10/7/2017  11:13 PM
Donald Trump unambiguously believes tiki torch Nazi protests include "fine people" and that black athletes who kneel are "sons of bitches." - Joy M. Reid
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/8/2017  3:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2017  3:50 AM
TPercy wrote:
misterearl wrote:Thanks trump

GOP: We are not sexist, racist, homophobic, islamophobic or white supremacists.

Also GOP: Women no birth control, NFL players stop kneeling, LGBTQs buy your wedding cake elsewhere, Muslims stay out and KKK are fine.

This is not okay.

First off, the new mandate isn't sexist by any stretch. It enhances religious freedom by not forcing employers with religious objections to pay for birth control. As a Catholic, I would most definitely agree with this.

By 'enhancing religious freedom' you are directly enhancing the ability of those religious people to use it to discriminate against others. Opposing birth control is beyond moronic and costs many lives globally.

misterearl
USA
10/8/2017  7:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2017  8:18 AM
If Trump is serious about attacking North Korea, hundreds of thousands will die. If he’s bluffing, that could still happen from miscalculation.

Estimates of war casualties with North Korea could be 2.1 million dead and 7.7 million injured.
Let that marinate a moment.

If it takes a military coup to stop Trump, so be it. Kelly, Mattis, McMaster, do what you must. At least we’d stand a chance of surviving.

misterearl
USA
10/8/2017  8:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2017  8:12 AM
THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION SCOREBOARD

Scott Pruitt: F#ck the Planet
Jeff Sessions: F#ck Law & Order
Betsy Devos: F#ck Education
Sarah Huckabee Sanders: F#ck the Truth

General John Kelly: F#ck My Life
Rex Tillerson: "...he is a F#cking Moron"
Ryan Zinke: F#ck national parks and monuments, indigenous peoples

Steve Mnuchin: F#ck the budget I’m flying private
McMasters: F#ck his tweets he’s gonna get us killed
Donald Trump: F#ck America, I'm headed to the golf course (69 days so far)
GOP: CRICKETS..

Trump’s presence in our national life has been alternately infuriating, embarrassing, revolting, gross, bizarre and exhausting.

Vladimir Putin: F#cking Fantastic!

misterearl
USA
10/8/2017  8:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2017  11:24 AM
FUN FACT:

The Secret Service has spent $137,000 this year on GOLF CARTS to protect Trump at his private clubs in New Jersey and Florida.

Per pool, Trump has arrived at Trump Nat'l Golf Club in Virginia.
This is his 70th day at a golf course, 90th day at a Trump property as POTUS.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/8/2017  10:31 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:No one has normalized has normalized anything, what he is doing sucks - I expected it to suck. So it's in line with my expectations. And yes if the damage he does stays on the low end of my negative expectations of him, I can live with it.

So this is just the low end, is it?

If you had higher end expectations, it just makes the original calculation all the more hard to fathom.

Positioning that as me trying to normalize it is basically looking for a fight.

C'mon, when you rationalize ad hominem insults as your "style of posting" you don't get to accuse other people of looking for a fight. Have a little self-awareness and perspective.

I didn't rationalize as hominem anything stop putting your words in my mouth. What I said was I post with heavy sarcasm and I poke people. Most people here have the maturity to deal with it and take it for it is. You don't seem to be one of them, yet.

So I will ask you again - what have you contributed to the conversation? Is this how you converse?
Have you stated a single clear cut position of your own? Ok, I guess you said you think Trump is worse than every other candidate that ran for office. Go ahead and back it up.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/8/2017  10:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2017  10:55 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:No one has normalized has normalized anything, what he is doing sucks - I expected it to suck. So it's in line with my expectations. And yes if the damage he does stays on the low end of my negative expectations of him, I can live with it.

If you had higher end expectations, it just makes the original calculation all the more hard to fathom.

C'mon, when you rationalize ad hominem insults as your "style of posting" you don't get to accuse other people of looking for a fight. Have a little self-awareness and perspective.

Well then let me help you fathom it.
On the higher end of negative possibilities I think there is a real possibility that Trump will get us into was with N. Korea
On the higher end of negative possibilities I think there was a real possibility that Hillary would engage in proxy war with Russia over Syria.

And no I am not going to choose which war I like better. I guess you have made it clear you prefer millions of dead syrians over millions of dead Koreans, assuming you acknowledge both possibilities.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

10/8/2017  11:31 AM
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Also GOP: Women no birth control, NFL players stop kneeling, LGBTQs buy your wedding cake elsewhere, Muslims stay out and KKK are fine.

This is not okay.

First off, the new mandate isn't sexist by any stretch. It enhances religious freedom by not forcing employers with religious objections to pay for birth control. As a Catholic, I would most definitely agree with this.

By 'enhancing religious freedom' you are directly enhancing the ability of those religious people to use it to discriminate against others. Opposing birth control is beyond moronic and costs many lives globally.

No. No private business should be forced to provide a service to someone if it goes against their religious values. You wouldn't ask a jewish buisness to give out totem poles to nazi's and white supremacists.

This isn't an opposition to birth control. If you want to get birth control, just get it at your pharmacy.

How does birth control cost lives exactly? If anything it saves lives depending on what constitutes "life" to you.

The Future is Bright!
TPercy

10/8/2017  11:33 AM
misterearl wrote:TPercy - you are playing defense for a madman who threatens nuclear war.

Are you crazy?

Oh stop it. You attacked the republicans and labelled them as sexists, homophobes and basically any other bigot name possible. That has absolutely zero basis in reality and I frankly find it offensive. If you disagree with their policies thats one thing, but there is no need for that kind of labbelling.

The Future is Bright!
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/8/2017  11:46 AM
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:

This is not okay.

No. No private business should be forced to provide a service to someone if it goes against their religious values. You wouldn't ask a jewish buisness to give out totem poles to nazi's and white supremacists.

Does expression of religious freedom come with a blank check? Can you discriminate indiscriminately so long as you find some passage in a religious text that can be interpreted as justifying it?

misterearl
USA
10/8/2017  11:52 AM
They Said It

"It's a shame the White House has become an adult day care center. Someone obviously missed their shift this morning."
- Senator Bob Corker, Republican

misterearl
USA
10/8/2017  11:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2017  11:56 AM
TPercy wrote:
misterearl wrote:TPercy - you are playing defense for a madman who threatens nuclear war.

Are you crazy?

Oh stop it. You attacked the republicans and labelled them as sexists, homophobes and basically any other bigot name possible. That has absolutely zero basis in reality and I frankly find it offensive. If you disagree with their policies thats one thing, but there is no need for that kind of labbelling.

It wasn't an attack. They were factorial.

If you care to rebut ANY of the things listed, please, make my day.

Trump’s presence in our national life has been alternately infuriating, embarrassing, revolting, gross, bizarre and exhausting.
- barry Corindia

That is a FACT, Jack

Knickoftime

10/8/2017  12:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2017  12:34 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I didn't rationalize as hominem anything stop putting your words in my mouth. What I said was I post with heavy sarcasm and I poke people. Most people here have the maturity to deal with it and take it for it is. You don't seem to be one of them, yet.

Now you're trying too hard. Anything you justify as your "style of posting" I can too, and likewise accuse you of being too sensitive or immature to handle. I'm the one of us that seems aware of this, however.

Have you stated a single clear cut position of your own? Ok, I guess you said you think Trump is worse than every other candidate that ran for office. Go ahead and back it up.

January 20 through October 8, 2017. The body of work speaks for itself. If you somehow genuinely believe what were witnessing falls within the boundaries of even a basic level of competency, and don't understand what's occurring is something we've never experienced before, you are in fact normalizing his performance, and that's the damage. You're helping drag down expectations that will inform future performance expectations.

That's a position, whether you understand what the position is or not.

Knickoftime

10/8/2017  12:08 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Well then let me help you fathom it.
On the higher end of negative possibilities I think there is a real possibility that Trump will get us into was with N. Korea
On the higher end of negative possibilities I think there was a real possibility that Hillary would engage in proxy war with Russia over Syria.

And no I am not going to choose which war I like better. I guess you have made it clear you prefer millions of dead syrians over millions of dead Koreans, assuming you acknowledge both possibilities.

Is the last question a serious, "mature" one or is this poking sarcasm again?

misterearl
USA
10/8/2017  12:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/8/2017  12:18 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I didn't rationalize as hominem anything stop putting your words in my mouth. What I said was I post with heavy sarcasm and I poke people. Most people here have the maturity to deal with it and take it for it is. You don't seem to be one of them, yet.

Now you're trying too hard. Anything you justify as your "style of posting" I can too, and likewise accuse you of being too sensitive or immature to handle. I'm the one of us that seems aware of this, however.

January 20 through October 8, 2017. The body of work speaks for itself. If you somehow genuinely believe what were witnessing falls within the boundaries of even a basic level of competency, and what's occurring is something we've never experienced before, you are in fact normalizing his performance, and that's the damage. You're helping drag down expectations that will inform future performance expectations.

That's a position, whether you understand what the position is or not.

Don't listen to me. Listen to Bob Corker

Today: White House has become "adult day care"

Earlier this week: Tillerson/Mattis/Kelly "separate our country from chaos"

misterearl
USA
10/8/2017  12:19 PM
TPercy wrote:

Are you crazy?

Don't listen to me. Listen to Republican Bob Corker

TPercy

10/8/2017  12:27 PM
misterearl wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Are you crazy?

Enlighten me on what Bob Corker said.
The Future is Bright!
smackeddog
Member: #883
10/8/2017  12:28 PM
TPercy wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TPercy wrote:

This is not okay.

This isn't an opposition to birth control. If you want to get birth control, just get it at your pharmacy.

How does birth control cost lives exactly? If anything it saves lives depending on what constitutes "life" to you.

Look at the effect on the Pope's anti birth control agenda in africa, he hampered efforts to tackle the spread of HIV

Knickoftime

10/8/2017  12:31 PM
TPercy wrote:
misterearl wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Are you crazy?

Enlighten me on what Bob Corker said.

Just Google his name.

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy