[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/5/2017  10:59 AM
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
USA
10/5/2017  1:28 PM
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/5/2017  1:43 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
markvmc wrote:This whole bit about how voting for a third party candidate means you helped Trump win is utter nonsense. If we lived in a democracy it might be true. But we live in a federal republic, and there are some states like NY and Alabama, where the outcome is a foregone conclusion. I live in NY, I voted for the Greens in the safe and certain knowledge that Clinton was going to carry the state. My vote was completely irrelevant in the "who wins" stakes. It had no part in determining that Trump won. Literally no part.

Correct. It's pure sophistry.

Unfortunately, the Democrats that wanted Hillary to win, can't accept that she wasn't capable of winning. So they need to blame other people using this tortuous ass-backwards logic.

Utter unadulterated garbage.

Come on BRUH! Dude won Electoral College by less than 80,000 votes in 3 states. All the Russian BS and Comey! It's not that hard to imagine things being much different and I'll never forgive the voters who went for Trump or 3rd Party. In fact those people should hide in shame for that horrible decision. You can't try to obfuscate the truth of such a bad decision.

TRUMP was a HORRIBLE and UNFIT candidate and every observable fact made this clear!!! The man is a disgrace to the office and the country.

Nix - they are both HORRIBLE AND UNFIT, candidates. Our system doesn't require a minimum margin of victory and the electoral college is what chooses the President not a simple majority. You can take issue with that and you can blame people till the cows come home or you can look at what happened and try to learn from it.

It's up to you.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

10/5/2017  2:04 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
markvmc wrote:This whole bit about how voting for a third party candidate means you helped Trump win is utter nonsense. If we lived in a democracy it might be true. But we live in a federal republic, and there are some states like NY and Alabama, where the outcome is a foregone conclusion. I live in NY, I voted for the Greens in the safe and certain knowledge that Clinton was going to carry the state. My vote was completely irrelevant in the "who wins" stakes. It had no part in determining that Trump won. Literally no part.

Unfortunately, the Democrats that wanted Hillary to win, can't accept that she wasn't capable of winning. So they need to blame other people using this tortuous ass-backwards logic.

I wanted Hillary to win (and I suspect you did too) but completely recognize she was an incredibly flawed candidate and could only win against another incredibly flawed candidate, which happened to be the dynamics of the race. To suggest she wasn't capable of winning that race is exemplary of what you're accusing other people of.

But I will give you this, by focusing on the dynamics of the race, I think you successfully avoided what it is actually the more relevant issue.

Trump or Clinton was going to be our next president - on November 3 of last year, which of those two candidates did you prefer to be our next president? The answer to that question should be simple and straightforward.

I have answered that question multiple times, I don't think you are capable of listening.
Just because you think the outcome of a race is binary doesn't mean I have to have a preference. I didn't want either of them to win and didn't/don't care which one did. They are both bad for the country in different ways. We will not agree on the extent of potential long term damage Hillary would have caused, so let's just move on.

Sorry no. You don't strike me as someone that legitimately doesn't have an opinion on the matter. I think you're someone is choosing to politically withhold your opinion on the matter.

I'm not asking what you wanted or what you cared for, I'm asking what you thought. I'm very skeptical you were legitimately unopinionated about who you think we would better for the country, but I can't force you to drop that façade.

So I'll on and ask another straightforward question - knowing what you know now, have you formed an opinion about who would've been better for this country?

I said I didn't care which one wins the election, because in my very clearly stated opinion they BOTH SUCK.

There was no clear paradigm to establish which one would be better, because they would both do things that are irrepairably harmful to the country (very different things). I can't predict the long term impact of how those actions would play out and I don't project one randomly chosen set of outcomes that may or may not come to pass and make a decision based on that.

When you vote you have a clear opinion one is better, I didn't and I don't. I had a clear opinion I don't want either. Can't make it any plainer to you.

meloshouldgo

10/5/2017  2:10 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:You have three choices and two outcomes

Choices 1, 0 and -1
Outcomes 1 and -1

Apparently if you choose 0, and and regardless of what other people choose the math says, that for the population of people that choose zero

0+0+0+0+0... = 1 for very large values of zero

OR

0+0+0+0+0... = -1 for very small values of zero

And whichever outcome you get the math of adding up zeros to get to THAT outcomes is true and undeniable. Because it is just math. It may even be factorial!!!

I am definitely not an expert on math but for the sake of the betterment of the country I hope Knickoftime isn't teaching math somewhere, or logic for that matter, he seems capable of neither.

But what do I know.

I think what's clear is your absolute motivation to believe you had no role in events affecting you. The pride in the belief of your passivity is the odd part.

You didn't do anything good or noble, you believe (to a degree falsely) you let other people decide for you. Congratulations, you gave other people authority over you. Yay you!

Maybe you should to stick to the math, this drivel is even harder to read.

I don't need motivation or belief, I know I didn't help Trump win, unlike you I can actually do basic math.

On the other hand your clear and passionate need to hold me accountable for something I didn't do is actually funny.

nixluva
USA
10/5/2017  2:43 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Come on BRUH! Dude won Electoral College by less than 80,000 votes in 3 states. All the Russian BS and Comey! It's not that hard to imagine things being much different and I'll never forgive the voters who went for Trump or 3rd Party. In fact those people should hide in shame for that horrible decision. You can't try to obfuscate the truth of such a bad decision.

TRUMP was a HORRIBLE and UNFIT candidate and every observable fact made this clear!!! The man is a disgrace to the office and the country.

Nix - they are both HORRIBLE AND UNFIT, candidates. Our system doesn't require a minimum margin of victory and the electoral college is what chooses the President not a simple majority. You can take issue with that and you can blame people till the cows come home or you can look at what happened and try to learn from it.

It's up to you.

This idea that Trump and Hillary are equally UNFIT is the DUMBEST LOAD OF BS people can use to excuse their vote for Trump, 3rd Party or no Vote at all. PURE BS!!! You can sit and make a list of the strengths and weaknesses of both candidates and there's no way in HELL Hillary doesn't TROUNCE Trump in her level of Fitness!

I have to question your ability to judge and weigh things if you think you could credibly make a case that Hillary was as Unfit as Trump to be President. IMO you're embarrassing yourself with this take. How do you expect us to take you seriously if you can't admit this thinking was flawed?

meloshouldgo

10/5/2017  3:21 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

It's up to you.

This idea that Trump and Hillary are equally UNFIT is the DUMBEST LOAD OF BS people can use to excuse their vote for Trump, 3rd Party or no Vote at all. PURE BS!!! You can sit and make a list of the strengths and weaknesses of both candidates and there's no way in HELL Hillary doesn't TROUNCE Trump in her level of Fitness!

I have to question your ability to judge and weigh things if you think you could credibly make a case that Hillary was as Unfit as Trump to be President. IMO you're embarrassing yourself with this take. How do you expect us to take you seriously if you can't admit this thinking was flawed?

Never said anything about "equally" unfit. They are unfit for different reasons and I was unable determine which one would lead to worse long term outcomes. I think this horse has been beaten to death enough and I have nothing further to contribute to this. If blaming me and people like me makes you feel better, have at it.

nixluva
USA
10/5/2017  5:01 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

It's up to you.

Never said anything about "equally" unfit. They are unfit for different reasons and I was unable determine which one would lead to worse long term outcomes. I think this horse has been beaten to death enough and I have nothing further to contribute to this. If blaming me and people like me makes you feel better, have at it.

Um yeah I am laying some blame at those who made the same decision that you did. There's no SINGLE action or inaction that led to Trump but collectively many things contributed. The thing is you want to excuse those who had a part in making Trump President when it was CRYSTAL CLEAR that he was without a doubt the least qualified man to ever win the Presidency.

By just about any criteria you can list to judge worthiness for the highest office in the land Trump fails. Now we're all suffering from his embarrassing lack of leadership and impulsive lashing out. He is a clear and present danger to stability. I'm just SMDH at your logic and those who Voted for him or took chances voting 3rd party. Also the fact that voters gave the Republicans complete power given the PROOF that they aren't capable of Governing we learned during the Obama Presidency. How is that working out for us?

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
10/5/2017  5:23 PM
Nixluva, it is done. Your mad, I'm mad, and anyone who cared about the country and paid attention to the train wreck trump showed himself to be during the campaign is mad, but it is done. The main thing is not to place blame but to inspire people that it is important to do better in three years. We cannot have four more years of Trump. Right now Trump is riding the economy that Obama left him but once all his overspending and tax cuts create huge deficients and people start seeing their benefits diminish maybe they will wake up. There were literally thousands of people who did not realize that Obamacare and the affordable care act were the same thing. That level of ignorance is indicative of what we have to combat.
Trust the Process
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/5/2017  6:13 PM
everyone is entitled to do whatever they want.

unfortunately, the foregone conclusion was that one of two people were going to be president so voting for anybody else (or not voting at all) really served no purpose other than to make the person voting feel better about themselves.

imho, i feel folks that chose option C only did so purely for their own ego. i'm not saying that's good or bad...i'm just talking about the psychology behind it.

well i guess there's another reason and that's they didn't want hillary to win so voting choice C was as subconscious vote against her and for trump.

nixluva
USA
10/5/2017  6:45 PM
WOW 😳

nixluva
USA
10/5/2017  8:02 PM
djsunyc
10/5/2017  8:19 PM

lol

nixluva
USA
10/5/2017  8:54 PM
Your President actively working AGAINST you

nixluva
USA
10/5/2017  9:01 PM
nixluva
USA
10/5/2017  9:51 PM
djsunyc
10/5/2017  10:01 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/5/2017  10:02 PM

take this with a heavy grain of salt...

djsunyc
10/5/2017  10:10 PM
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/05/patrick-harmon-utah-police-shooting

welp...it happened again.

nixluva
USA
10/6/2017  12:37 AM
nixluva
USA
10/6/2017  2:28 AM
Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy