[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/3/2017  1:21 PM
How the good folks in our gov are helping us stay safe:
http://www.npr.org/2017/02/02/513126985/house-votes-to-overturn-obama-rule-restricting-gun-sales-to-mentally-ill
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
10/3/2017  1:27 PM
fishmike wrote:How the good folks in our gov are helping us stay safe:
http://www.npr.org/2017/02/02/513126985/house-votes-to-overturn-obama-rule-restricting-gun-sales-to-mentally-ill

I'd say unbelievable but that would be a lie!!! . This is completely in line with what these NRA owned politicians always do. How much BLOOD MONEY have these people accepted to do the bidding of the NRA? SMDH

fishmike
USA
10/3/2017  1:43 PM
nixluva wrote:

I'd say unbelievable but that would be a lie!!! . This is completely in line with what these NRA owned politicians always do. How much BLOOD MONEY have these people accepted to do the bidding of the NRA? SMDH

my honest response would be to accept this is an armed nation and gun violence is simply a part of living here. A big part? No, gun violence will not affect most, but more here than any other "modern" nation. If you dont like it what are your options? I mean that honestly... GOP is in deep with the NRA. Its one of their biggest donors.

Any gun laws that do get passed are pretty stupid, toothless or so narrow the impact is negligible. I dont want to sound like Debbie Downer. Im just not sure there is any solution to this.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/3/2017  1:44 PM
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

my honest response would be to accept this is an armed nation and gun violence is simply a part of living here. A big part? No, gun violence will not affect most, but more here than any other "modern" nation. If you dont like it what are your options? I mean that honestly... GOP is in deep with the NRA. Its one of their biggest donors.

Any gun laws that do get passed are pretty stupid, toothless or so narrow the impact is negligible. I dont want to sound like Debbie Downer. Im just not sure there is any solution to this.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/3/2017  1:48 PM
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

gop's are actively supporting society killing itself. but you're right - this is the country and there's nothing that's going to change it - not even a bunch of kids getting shot up.

thank goodness i live in nyc and am at least a little sheltered from confederate country on a daily basis. only time it really effects me is when i see you walking around in a tank top.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/3/2017  1:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  4:13 PM
Hard to keep the discourse simple civil when you have a guy saying something like this. He has NO TACT at all, and cannot see or understand the world outside of his own welfare and reputation.

A special should shout out to all those who voted for this guy, voted 3rd party, or abstained from voting.
You helped set the nation and the environment back years and have basically made us a laughing stock in the world while putting the welfare of MILLIONS at risk.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
10/3/2017  1:57 PM
nixluva
USA
10/3/2017  2:05 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Hard to keep the discourse simple when you have a guy saying something like this. He has NO TACT at all, and cannot see or understand the world outside of his own welfare and reputation.

A special should out to all those who voted for this guy, voted 3rd party, or abstained from voting.
You helped set the nation and the environment back years and have basically made us a laughing stock in the world while putting the welfare of MILLIONS at risk.

The depth of Trumps narcissism and lack of empathy is unparalleled. Many of us said he was unfit for the Office of President but Trump Voters totally ignored ALL the warning signs that he was unfit. Then you had those who voted 3rd party as if they didn't know protest votes are essentially TRUMP VOTES!!! They share blame for this as well. A Trump Presidency vs Hillary as flawed as she is, was still a no brainer given Trump's Complete unfitness for the Job. We knew he lacked the temperament for such a serious role.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
10/3/2017  2:14 PM
nixluva wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Hard to keep the discourse simple when you have a guy saying something like this. He has NO TACT at all, and cannot see or understand the world outside of his own welfare and reputation.

A special should out to all those who voted for this guy, voted 3rd party, or abstained from voting.

The depth of Trumps narcissism and lack of empathy is unparalleled. Many of us said he was unfit for the Office of President but Trump Voters totally ignored ALL the warning signs that he was unfit. Then you had those who voted 3rd party as if they didn't know protest votes are essentially TRUMP VOTES!!! They share blame for this as well. A Trump Presidency vs Hillary as flawed as she is, was still a no brainer given Trump's Complete unfitness for the Job. We knew he lacked the temperament for such a serious role.

sorry, don't have time to read your sh t. i still have 24,987 emails left to go through.

nixluva
USA
10/3/2017  2:31 PM
nixluva
USA
10/3/2017  2:33 PM
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
10/3/2017  2:39 PM
ugh

nixluva wrote:

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/3/2017  2:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  3:03 PM
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Your right, if people accept the status quo, then nothing can ever change. I disagree....some day people will get tired of the killing and stop believing all these idiots hiding behind the 2nd amendment. They will realize that the gun lobbyists are the ones really killing so many people. Amd get them amd the gun companies, they repreaent, the hell out of here. But not if everyone accepts "things will never change".

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/3/2017  3:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  3:14 PM
I'm actually always interested in hearing alternative views. So without any leading questions, without any Twitter videos, without any op/eds attached, would any Trump supporters like to critique - positively or negatively (or both) - his performance in Puerto Rico?

Reub, gunsewing?

And please, let's all give them an opportunity to express their thoughts.

fishmike
USA
10/3/2017  3:19 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Your right, if people accept the status quo, then nothing can ever change. I disagree....some day people will get tired of the killing and stop believing all these idiots hiding behind the 2nd amendment. They will realize that the gun lobbyists are the ones really killing so many people. Amd get them amd the gun companies, they repreaent, the hell out of here. But not if everyone accepts "things will never change".

spoken like someone who's never been off Long Island.

Your post suggests guns are protected by a few "hiding behind the 2nd amendment." This is pure ignorance. Fire arms, owning them and protecting the right to keep them and own them is as part of American culture as baseball, country music, rock and roll... you name it. I am sorry but this isnt an issue of accepting "things will never change."

Guns are protected because there are a massive number of people that want it that way.

But yea... I can see your attempt to label me as some kind of guy just accepts status quo. What steps would you take to change the gun culture?

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

10/3/2017  4:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  4:49 PM
martin wrote:ugh

nixluva wrote:

I'm not sure he actually thinks about things that he can't apply to his ego, his reputation, or his self-esteem.

VERY limited knowledge of history, geography, and the world in general... he does not seem to have much curiosity.

If he has no scripted speech written for him, he is in trouble, because he has no pool of information in his head to draw on. You get statements of no depth and an older man who repeats himself over and over again and tailors EVERYTHING he says to satisfy his narcissism.

I cringe when I have to listen to this guy speak off the cuff, knowing that I, and many others, could be a better President than this guy.

Sad times.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
USA
10/3/2017  4:44 PM
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

10/3/2017  5:27 PM
djsunyc wrote:
nixluva wrote:

sorry, don't have time to read your sh t. i still have 24,987 emails left to go through.

Really? People are still pushing this crappy generalization that we helped Trump by abstaining? And you wonder why there's zero accountability in politics. If you want to win put up a real candidate so you don't have to point fingers after you lose like you deserve to. Fukking Hillary Clinton couldn't beat the worst candidate, ever to win for POTUS and the smart ones have decided it's our fault. LOL

Stupid is as stupid does.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

10/3/2017  5:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  5:32 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:Really? People are still pushing this crappy generalization that we helped Trump by abstaining?

I have no interest in qualifying it, but everyone who voted in the election is partially responsible for the results of the election. There is no math in which people voted but weren't involved in the result. If you voted you're involved in who is President.

To argue otherwise is ludicrous.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

10/3/2017  6:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 10/3/2017  6:28 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
nixluva wrote:

spoken like someone who's never been off Long Island.

Your post suggests guns are protected by a few "hiding behind the 2nd amendment." This is pure ignorance. Fire arms, owning them and protecting the right to keep them and own them is as part of American culture as baseball, country music, rock and roll... you name it. I am sorry but this isnt an issue of accepting "things will never change."

Guns are protected because there are a massive number of people that want it that way.

But yea... I can see your attempt to label me as some kind of guy just accepts status quo. What steps would you take to change the gun culture?

Bro. Your reading comprehension (and defensiveness) needs improvement. My sentiment lies with what you are saying. I just added that we can't just "Accept" things that need to be changed or they will truly never change. I never said few (said ALL). And wrong again.....not from Long Island. I do have a concealed weapons permit. When I took the class the most popular question from my fellow class mates, most that just turned 21, was how much a riffle was.

My point, since you missed it, is that things will never change if we "Accept" things and give up trying to change them. And that something has to be done about these companies pushing their NOI, no matter what the consequences.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy