[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/14/2017  4:05 PM
smackeddog wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
nixluva wrote:It just keeps getting worse 😡

Trump's done a good job as President considering a lot of stuff. If you discount a few to many twitters and his words being taken ut of context--hes been very good for someone who had no political experience. All of this other stuff means nothing zero. He had his low point and now hes taking a very smart route to get things done--playing both sides. Either Congress works for the American people or they can face the American people at the polls. He was also excellent during these two catastrophes. Sorry nixluva--youre wrong again.

No, Trump has not done a good job. Mostly people are just ignoring what you offer up in these threads cause it's all bluster and fluff.

Lol! Bluster and Fluff. Ok Tell me what he's done poorly? Straight facts you know economy foreign relations whatever you want?

That's not the way it works. You want to state something, have at it. Back it up.

No I said he's done a very reasonable job-- you're the one who is saying no. If no what exactly has he done wrong? I've already outlined what he's done well earlier in this thread

this right here is fluff:

BRIGGS wrote:Is he a narcissist class 1 yes

Does he open his mouth too much yes

His grades as a President?

Economy---well Id have to think so far an A to A- at worst.

Foreign relations--B- other than a few barbs--he seems to have had good rapport with world leaders--wanted to make better relations with Russia and has been forced out of it.

Military---A he is focused on rebuilding US power on all fronts and increasing cyber security which was exposed over the last 8-12 years, Stood up to NK which past Presidents did not

Homeland-- A border crossings down 70% crime down no major terrorism US land

Jobs-- A

Has not been able to pass a repeal bill for health insurance YET--but I think this HAS to be done by all sides--needs more work here grade D

Worst flubs--I believe that the President was saying that there were some good supporters of those statues in Charlottsville--not that the KKK or Nazis were good people but thats his fault and caused way too many problems grade F

Immigration--2 way street here--the rule of law vs a moral reasoned approach. I think he has got criticism undeserved

Emergency issue--look at the response to Katrina under Bush and Hurricane under Trump--grade A

that's your feelings, not what Trump has done. Name policy, planning, actual **** that he has done.

Do you know what the difference between fluff and actual substance?

Martin, with all due respect, his views on Trump are the least of his offenses. His outright, unfiltered racism in other threads makes this seem reasonable.

Talking about the root causes of racism isnt racist.

No, all the other racist stuff you say is.

I could easily call you a racist and certainly a con artist--you have lied about a lot here. Im honest and tell the truth--you are full of sht. Big difference

Go ahead, please do. Martin knows who I am. Try your 'He's really Steve Mills' conspiracy theory out on him.

What other racist stuff? Posting an article of two young black men from Philadelphia who shot a white man in his face in front of his daughter because he didnt hand over his keys fast enough? Or showing pictures of well off AA looting during a hurricane--ok. If that racist--Im guilty.

I didnt hear you say this is unacceptable behavior which would be wildly more racist than me simply posting it.

It's horrific, criminal behavior and those guilty should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

That you think who you ridiculously, comically believe is the black executive president of the New York Knicks would believe otherwise is what makes you a racist.

No you called me a racist--what exactly did I say so racist? That I think D Trump is doing a very reasonable job? That we should be hardline with 3rd world countries with nuclear missiles that are threatening the existence of other countries?

No, those are other, separate kinds of stupid.

That you think black people are hateful, scary and violent (all your words) is what makes you a racist.

Im personally not scared of any one person in this world. My comment was I strongly believe that a majority of Caucasians Asians Europeans and the police are scared of AA from the inner city.

Making an observation, even a poor one, is one thing. Justifying this view and solely laying the blame on this perception you believe most white people have on black people is what's racist, by definition.

all you did was call me a racist while expressing my view point.

Because your viewpoints are racist.

Nothing i said was out of hatred--and to me racist and hatred go hand in hand TRUE racism. My viewpoint is only 1 angle of a viscous cycle--its a mutli pronged issue. Unfortunately the Internet and the media exacerbate everthing

Here's a truism - only racists need to qualify what "TRUE racism" is.

You're falsely equating being a racist with being a hate-spewing white supremist. Your brand of justified, un-self aware racism is in fact more insidious.

Nobody denies there is too much crime and violence in poor African American communities. That is a fact. But YOU deny our nation's history is a sociological factor. You think everyone should just be better people and that a black 15-year old in the worst Baltimore neighborhoods has equal opportunity as a white 15-year old in Chevy Chase, MD.

The only conclusion to be reached is you think people that live in these neighborhoods are more prone to criminal and violent behavior not because of their poverty and the historical culture influence, but solely BECAUSE of their race.

That is the literal definition of RACE-ism.

White people should have no fear but fear itself. Now imagine no police. Do you think a large pack of white people would attack a non white like this anywhere today??The female talking speaks like the "white person" is not a human but a thing. So no premise for fear here.

Do you know where the term "lynch mob" comes from? Are you aware of the KKK? My god man you really say some of the dumbest things ever. What is interesting is that you continually double down on a losing hand. Yea... blacks would never fear a white mob.

Whites are afraid of "inner city blacks." Please elaborate how to tell the difference. On second thought dont.

Jesus man... between grabbing a little ***** when its not offered (cause everyone has done it) or your denial of your own racism it hasnt been a good few weeks for your image.

You can see how Trump being elected has emboldened racists like BRIGGS - for years on these boards he kept relatively quiet on these issues, merely hinting here and there, while pretending to be a nice reasonable guy. Now he doesn't even try to hide it and seems to have no shame in spouting out dumb, racist crap. I used to value his scouting posts, but won't be anymore.

As ignorant as Briggs has come off. I would rather it be out in the open and openly discussed. Then it be hidden and have people acting like there are no issues. Briggs may not see it, but hopefully someone else who may have been reading the dialog has grown from the convos.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

9/14/2017  4:10 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I could go back ten years ago in these threads and show posts where I say the government NEEDS to spend money to help inner cities? How the F is that racist? Unfortunately thing have spiraled in those ten years with the Internet and lack of action in many areas. Why didnt Obama step up to help inner cities he had all the chance in the world.

He did? How long did he have? I think he used his time on the recession and healthcare and then the majority was lost.

Also, not for nothing, but isn't that a State level thing?

I understand it's not my business here Martin, but he's unreachable. Briggs isn't offering an unpopular alternative viewpoint that spices up the discourse, he only offers poisonous garbage & ignorance. This is the online version of the video we all saw of Charlottesville that Friday night and this forum is the worse for the presence of a torchholder.

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
9/14/2017  4:10 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Trump's done a good job as President considering a lot of stuff. If you discount a few to many twitters and his words being taken ut of context--hes been very good for someone who had no political experience. All of this other stuff means nothing zero. He had his low point and now hes taking a very smart route to get things done--playing both sides. Either Congress works for the American people or they can face the American people at the polls. He was also excellent during these two catastrophes. Sorry nixluva--youre wrong again.

No, Trump has not done a good job. Mostly people are just ignoring what you offer up in these threads cause it's all bluster and fluff.

Lol! Bluster and Fluff. Ok Tell me what he's done poorly? Straight facts you know economy foreign relations whatever you want?

That's not the way it works. You want to state something, have at it. Back it up.

No I said he's done a very reasonable job-- you're the one who is saying no. If no what exactly has he done wrong? I've already outlined what he's done well earlier in this thread

Foreign relations--B- other than a few barbs--he seems to have had good rapport with world leaders--wanted to make better relations with Russia and has been forced out of it.

Military---A he is focused on rebuilding US power on all fronts and increasing cyber security which was exposed over the last 8-12 years, Stood up to NK which past Presidents did not

Jobs-- A

Has not been able to pass a repeal bill for health insurance YET--but I think this HAS to be done by all sides--needs more work here grade D

Worst flubs--I believe that the President was saying that there were some good supporters of those statues in Charlottsville--not that the KKK or Nazis were good people but thats his fault and caused way too many problems grade F

Immigration--2 way street here--the rule of law vs a moral reasoned approach. I think he has got criticism undeserved

Emergency issue--look at the response to Katrina under Bush and Hurricane under Trump--grade A

that's your feelings, not what Trump has done. Name policy, planning, actual **** that he has done.

Martin, with all due respect, his views on Trump are the least of his offenses. His outright, unfiltered racism in other threads makes this seem reasonable.

I could easily call you a racist and certainly a con artist--you have lied about a lot here. Im honest and tell the truth--you are full of sht. Big difference

Go ahead, please do. Martin knows who I am. Try your 'He's really Steve Mills' conspiracy theory out on him.

What other racist stuff? Posting an article of two young black men from Philadelphia who shot a white man in his face in front of his daughter because he didnt hand over his keys fast enough? Or showing pictures of well off AA looting during a hurricane--ok. If that racist--Im guilty.

I didnt hear you say this is unacceptable behavior which would be wildly more racist than me simply posting it.

It's horrific, criminal behavior and those guilty should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

That you think who you ridiculously, comically believe is the black executive president of the New York Knicks would believe otherwise is what makes you a racist.

No you called me a racist--what exactly did I say so racist? That I think D Trump is doing a very reasonable job? That we should be hardline with 3rd world countries with nuclear missiles that are threatening the existence of other countries?

That you think black people are hateful, scary and violent (all your words) is what makes you a racist.

Im personally not scared of any one person in this world. My comment was I strongly believe that a majority of Caucasians Asians Europeans and the police are scared of AA from the inner city.

Making an observation, even a poor one, is one thing. Justifying this view and solely laying the blame on this perception you believe most white people have on black people is what's racist, by definition.

Nothing i said was out of hatred--and to me racist and hatred go hand in hand TRUE racism. My viewpoint is only 1 angle of a viscous cycle--its a mutli pronged issue. Unfortunately the Internet and the media exacerbate everthing

You're falsely equating being a racist with being a hate-spewing white supremist. Your brand of justified, un-self aware racism is in fact more insidious.

Nobody denies there is too much crime and violence in poor African American communities. That is a fact. But YOU deny our nation's history is a sociological factor. You think everyone should just be better people and that a black 15-year old in the worst Baltimore neighborhoods has equal opportunity as a white 15-year old in Chevy Chase, MD.

The only conclusion to be reached is you think people that live in these neighborhoods are more prone to criminal and violent behavior not because of their poverty and the historical culture influence, but solely BECAUSE of their race.

White people should have no fear but fear itself. Now imagine no police. Do you think a large pack of white people would attack a non white like this anywhere today??The female talking speaks like the "white person" is not a human but a thing. So no premise for fear here.

Do you know where the term "lynch mob" comes from? Are you aware of the KKK? My god man you really say some of the dumbest things ever. What is interesting is that you continually double down on a losing hand. Yea... blacks would never fear a white mob.

Whites are afraid of "inner city blacks." Please elaborate how to tell the difference. On second thought dont.

Jesus man... between grabbing a little ***** when its not offered (cause everyone has done it) or your denial of your own racism it hasnt been a good few weeks for your image.

You can see how Trump being elected has emboldened racists like BRIGGS - for years on these boards he kept relatively quiet on these issues, merely hinting here and there, while pretending to be a nice reasonable guy. Now he doesn't even try to hide it and seems to have no shame in spouting out dumb, racist crap. I used to value his scouting posts, but won't be anymore.

Why because I have the cahones to answer what I think the trouble between the police and AA emanates from? It's ok to blame everything but the root causes. There are deep root causes and until people like me who have the guts to bring it to the spotlight it can just fester and not even attempt to be addressed. I blame everyone and no one is free of blame here. Until BOTH sides takes responsibility for their actions--this will be.

Also Dr Genius---yesterday North Korea threatened to wipe Japan off the map with nuclear missiles--I dont see where Japan threatened them once? Same sht different part of the world in many respects.

You seem to confuse ignorance with bravery- posting racist crap online is not a brave act. You seem completely unable to critically reflect on your own thoughts or answer basic questions when people question your views.

North Korea will continue to do the posturing- if they actually intended to nuke Japan and America pre emptively (you still haven't given a reason why they would) why would they give them. So much advanced warning? Good manners? Basic courtesy?

I dont post any racist crp online--I speak the honest truth. The police have heightened fear from AA much in part to do with a % of AA actions. Certainly that does not represent the race as ahwole but it does represent a large % of inner city AA. Thats it in a nutshell --POLICE FEAR BLACK PEOPLE either you can deal with the truth and try to start addressing it or you can c-all it racist. The police have reasonable fear based on actions. Some of the interactions between police and AA go askew and create worse problems. Its a cycle and yo need to address it. It isnt the police that are the full problem nor is it AAs--its BOTH. Until BOTH sides confront honest issues--nothing will change. Im sorry nixluva or anyone else--there is NO zero NONE there are no packs of whites going after blacks in the US--are there racists yES but violence and AAs go hand in hand to a solid % and that has to STOP>

The SAME thing is happening with NK. The US Japan and SK are FEARFUL of NK. So what do they do it turn--they REACT--there is not much difference. Violence or threatened violence sparks fear.

When people have no other options or have no idea about what this options can be they use violence.
Violence is return to primitive state human being were before civilization.
Violence is the symptom of weakness.
White people are not getting into the packs to beat somebody because they feel strong.
They feel protected by the state and the law.
As you can see AA do not feel safe and protected.
And it is not about if they are really protected or not, it is about what they feel about it.

Same about NK... The dictator of this country and his gang scared to death and feel that world is closing up on them so they became more violent and primitive.
They not even like stray dogs any more, they are like rats on sinking ship.

Only love can stop violence. Violence can only make more violence.
But scared people cannot see love, thy see only hate...
We have to accept reality and people as they are, surrender our hate, and have compassion to those who suffering hate and fear.
Just let them be with what they are - this is already a punishment.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
9/14/2017  4:21 PM
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:I could go back ten years ago in these threads and show posts where I say the government NEEDS to spend money to help inner cities? How the F is that racist? Unfortunately thing have spiraled in those ten years with the Internet and lack of action in many areas. Why didnt Obama step up to help inner cities he had all the chance in the world.

He did? How long did he have? I think he used his time on the recession and healthcare and then the majority was lost.

BRIGGS you seem to have a severe case of amnesia when it comes to what Obama did and tried to do. You seem to have forgotten the unprecedented level of obstruction Obama faced from the Republicans. Mitch McConnell and the Republicans were craven and sadistic in doing everything they could to stop Obama even if it hurt the country!!!

At first, we thought organized Republican recalcitrance against the president started in October 2010 after Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) famously said, “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.” Then came Robert Draper’s book, “Do Not Ask What Good We Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives,” this spring. As the Huffington Post’s Sam Stein reported in April, the book reports on a dinner of leading Republicans held the night of Obama’s inauguration.

For several hours in the Caucus Room (a high-end D.C. establishment), the book says they plotted out ways to not just win back political power, but to also put the brakes on Obama’s legislative platform.

"If you act like you're the minority, you’re going to stay in the minority,” Draper quotes [Rep. Kevin] McCarthy [R-Calif.] as saying. “We’ve gotta challenge them on every single bill and challenge them on every single campaign.”

And Stein highlights this useful passage from Draper’s book:
The dinner lasted nearly four hours. They parted company almost giddily. The Republicans had agreed on a way forward:

Go after Geithner. (And indeed Kyl did, the next day: ‘Would you answer my question rather than dancing around it — please?’)

Show united and unyielding opposition to the president’s economic policies. (Eight days later, Minority Whip Cantor would hold the House Republicans to a unanimous No against Obama’s economic stimulus plan.)

Begin attacking vulnerable Democrats on the airwaves. (The first National Republican Congressional Committee attack ads would run in less than two months.)

Win the spear point of the House in 2010. Jab Obama relentlessly in 2011. Win the White House and the Senate in 2012.

Now Greg Sargent at The Plum Line is sounding the alarm over a revelation in “The New New Deal” by Grunwald. Vice President Joe Biden told the author that during the transition, “seven different Republican Senators” told him that “McConnell had demanded unified resistance.” This was after the 2008 election but before Obama and Biden took office.

“The way it was characterized to me was: `For the next two years, we can’t let you succeed in anything. That’s our ticket to coming back,’ ” Biden says.

Nevermind the nation was falling off the fiscal cliff. Nevermind the global economic system was hanging in the balance. Nevermind we were on the verge of another Great Depression. When the nation needed single-minded focus, the Republican political establishment put power over the national interest.

So, the next time you hear Republicans and conservatives bloviating about the “failures” of the Obama presidency, remember the role they played in them. And remember how their resistance hurt the country they are elected to help govern.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-partisan/post/republicans-had-it-in-for-obama-before-day-1/2012/08/10/0c96c7c8-e31f-11e1-ae7f-d2a13e249eb2_blog.html?utm_term=.0a552485c251

BRIGGS also forgot that Obama DID in fact push for infrastructure:

The American Jobs Act (S. 1549) (H. Doc. 112-53)[1] and (H.R. 12)[2] is the informal name for a pair of bills proposed by U.S. President Barack Obama in a nationally televised address[3] to a joint session of Congress on September 8, 2011.[4] He characterized the proposal as a collection of non-controversial measures designed to get Americans back to work, and he repeatedly urged Congress to pass it "right away"; he also said that the bills would not add to the national deficit and would be fully paid for.[5]

Elements of the proposed bill[edit]
The White House provided a fact sheet which summarizes the key provisions of the $447 billion bill.[15] Some of its elements include:

Cutting and suspending $245 billion worth of payroll taxes for qualifying employers and 160 million medium to low income employees.
Spending $62 billion for a Pathways Back to Work Program for expanding opportunities for low-income youth and adults.
$49 billion - Extending unemployment benefits for up to 6 million long-term beneficiaries.
$8 billion - Jobs tax credit for the long term unemployed.
$5 billion - Pathways back to work fund.[15]
Spending $50 billion on both new & pre-existing infrastructure projects.
Spending $35 billion in additional funding to protect the jobs of teachers, police officers, and firefighters
Spending $30 billion to modernize at least 35,000 public schools and community colleges.
Spending $15 billion on a program that would hire construction workers to help rehabilitate and refurbishing hundreds of thousands of foreclosed homes and businesses.
Creating the National Infrastructure Bank (capitalized with $10 billion), originally proposed in 2007, to help fund infrastructure via private and public capital.

Creating a nationwide, interoperable wireless network for public safety, while expanding accessibility to high-speed wireless services.

Prohibiting discrimination in hiring against persons who are unemployed because of their status as unemployed persons..
Loosening regulations on small businesses that wish to raise capital, including through crowdfunding, while retaining investor protections.

In total the legislation includes $253 billion in tax credits (56.6%) and $194 billion in spending and extension of unemployment benefits (43.4%).[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Jobs_Act
Knickoftime

9/14/2017  4:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/14/2017  4:30 PM
martin wrote:

Donald Trump tried to delegitimize the presidency of the first black president by stoking the fears of misinformed white tpeople that Obama wasn't "really" American. He was the billionaire crazy old lady at the McCain rally.

He lied, never producing any evidence despite claims of personally having hired people who were turning up evidence.

Whether he blew this dog whistle intentionally knowing the lie, or was simply listening to and ready to embrace the sound of the whistle himself doesn't matter. Either way, it was inherently racist.

If you don't understand birtherism was solely about race and racebaiting, that's just another reason you are too.

nixluva
USA
9/14/2017  5:05 PM
arkrud wrote:When people have no other options or have no idea about what this options can be they use violence.
Violence is return to primitive state human being were before civilization.
Violence is the symptom of weakness.

White people are not getting into the packs to beat somebody because they feel strong.
They feel protected by the state and the law.
As you can see AA do not feel safe and protected.
And it is not about if they are really protected or not, it is about what they feel about it.

Same about NK... The dictator of this country and his gang scared to death and feel that world is closing up on them so they became more violent and primitive.

They not even like stray dogs any more, they are like rats on sinking ship.

Only love can stop violence. Violence can only make more violence.
But scared people cannot see love, thy see only hate...

We have to accept reality and people as they are, surrender our hate, and have compassion to those who suffering hate and fear.
Just let them be with what they are - this is already a punishment.

arkrud I don't appreciate you're comparing AA's with Kim Jong Un's North Korean regime. Don't like your take at all. For one thing there's plenty of violence in American Society, but the Media tends to focus mostly on Minority Violence. It's a very real thing and always has been.

You also seem not to realize that AA's fought for their rights NON VIOLENTLY!!! Despite all the vicious violence inflicted on AA's for over 400 years AA's did not win their Civil Rights thru violence. I'm very proud of our history in this country. AA's have GIVEN more to this country than they have ever received. This country grew Rich and Powerful on the backs of my ancestors and that is irrefutable. So stop slandering AA's with your weak analogies.

With regard to the deplorable violence we see in the videos BRIGGS loves to post, I think it's fair to remind you and everyone that this is an extremely low percentage of people doing these things. There are over 40 MILLION African Americans in this country and the vast majority are living as best they can as law abiding citizens. No amount of violent videos can change this fact. BRIGGS is pushing some repugnant BS!!!

BRIGGS
Member: #303
9/14/2017  7:00 PM
smackeddog wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
martin wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

Jobs-- A

Why because I have the cahones to answer what I think the trouble between the police and AA emanates from? It's ok to blame everything but the root causes. There are deep root causes and until people like me who have the guts to bring it to the spotlight it can just fester and not even attempt to be addressed. I blame everyone and no one is free of blame here. Until BOTH sides takes responsibility for their actions--this will be.

Also Dr Genius---yesterday North Korea threatened to wipe Japan off the map with nuclear missiles--I dont see where Japan threatened them once? Same sht different part of the world in many respects.

You seem to confuse ignorance with bravery- posting racist crap online is not a brave act. You seem completely unable to critically reflect on your own thoughts or answer basic questions when people question your views.

North Korea will continue to do the posturing- if they actually intended to nuke Japan and America pre emptively (you still haven't given a reason why they would) why would they give them. So much advanced warning? Good manners? Basic courtesy?

NK shot another missile over Japan this am--an hour ago

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/north-korea-launches-missile-japanese-airspace-report/story?id=49858008

And what does Japan do when a missile fails and hits a densely populated region? Thats like someone shooting a gun at your home--so the retaliation is to sit on your arse? This guy wants to kill 50mm people and turn the globe into ruin.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
9/14/2017  8:54 PM
Just in case we forgot how bad it was when Obama was in the White House!

Trump voters think he gets treated unfairly?

reub
Member: #6227

9/14/2017  9:28 PM
Sorry but I agree with Briggs. Calling him a racist doesn't make him one.
Knickoftime

9/14/2017  9:34 PM
reub wrote:Sorry but I agree with Briggs. Calling him a racist doesn't make him one.

I agree with both of you, it doesn't.

His words here do.

reub

9/14/2017  9:37 PM
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:Obama was our biggest liar as President.

Is this a JOKE? I have to believe that's how you meant this. Don't be shy go ahead and explain what you meant by this.

No thanks. I don't come here to argue with people about politics and life. I just wanted you to know that there are MANY people who have opinions that differ from yours and they have as much right to their opinions as you do to yours. Calling anyone who disagrees with you a racist or a Nazi is not cool.

BRIGGS
Member: #303
9/14/2017  9:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/14/2017  9:57 PM
reub wrote:Sorry but I agree with Briggs. Calling him a racist doesn't make him one.

Talking and giving reasons and opinions doesn't make anyone a racist--in fact its quite the opposite--Im trying to discuss things that may be unpopular but have an honesty and reality.. The over protective response could be construed as racist in your own terms. . I "personally" believe a racist is someone who actually hates another race--someone who has vitriol in their heart towards smother race. The government in my 48 years on this earth shouldve helped "remove" inner cities and so should people of wealth and celebrity who bang the door upon injustice when they themselves could be a solution. Its a disgrace to God that the inner cities still exist. There is a certain responsibility that is not there culturally for many of these people and that must change WITH the economic health--there are two sides to the equation. If crime and violence move away so will problems with police. Get rid of inner cities promote good parenting get rid of access to guns and drugs. Paint a broader picture of life than sports music and drugs.

RIP Crushalot😞
nixluva
USA
9/14/2017  11:52 PM
reub wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Is this a JOKE? I have to believe that's how you meant this. Don't be shy go ahead and explain what you meant by this.

No thanks. I don't come here to argue with people about politics and life. I just wanted you to know that there are MANY people who have opinions that differ from yours and they have as much right to their opinions as you do to yours. Calling anyone who disagrees with you a racist or a Nazi is not cool.

You can't have actually read any of this and came to the conclusion that anyone is calling someone racist JUST for having a different opinion!

Sure opinions are one thing but I know RACISTS and I won't be silent when I see it's ugly head raising up. I'm in opposition to White Supremacists and Nazis. Don't know where you stand but if you're speaking up and calling Obama our biggest liar as president then I think I have a clue.

Yeah it's perhaps best you don't get involved in this conversation.

nixluva
USA
9/15/2017  12:11 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

Talking and giving reasons and opinions doesn't make anyone a racist--in fact its quite the opposite--Im trying to discuss things that may be unpopular but have an honesty and reality.. The over protective response could be construed as racist in your own terms. . I "personally" believe a racist is someone who actually hates another race--someone who has vitriol in their heart towards smother race. The government in my 48 years on this earth shouldve helped "remove" inner cities and so should people of wealth and celebrity who bang the door upon injustice when they themselves could be a solution. Its a disgrace to God that the inner cities still exist. There is a certain responsibility that is not there culturally for many of these people and that must change WITH the economic health--there are two sides to the equation. If crime and violence move away so will problems with police. Get rid of inner cities promote good parenting get rid of access to guns and drugs. Paint a broader picture of life than sports music and drugs.

The Inner cities as you call them didn't just happen on their own. It was RACISM and White Supremacy that created Ghettos on purpose. To this very day the Systems that were set up to disadvantage Minorities are still doing what they were designed to do. There is no simple solution because these systems have been built up over decades. Long before you or I were born!!!

Even now you represent the biggest part of the problem. Those who refuse to acknowledge the truth. There were never were any Good Ole Days. Only the sickening inequality only it was more out in the open back then. Now most of the systemic racism is hidden, ignored or denied altogether by a large amount of the majority population. This is why this country's Original Sin has never been overcome.

jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
9/15/2017  3:12 AM
IMO, there is responsibility needed to be taken on both sides, however, the majority being in power should assume more responsibility and action due to it's privileged position. Long-term change cannot occur with movement on only one side, as our societal system will work to maintain homeostasis and keep things as they are (eg whites in power). As a white person, my belief is that many whites know the race history and feel guilt, shame and fear about it. Some whites participated in overt racist acts, others didn't but still enjoyed the fruits of the white privilege... while that doesn't mean all whites are racist, it does suggest whites have benefited systematically for many generations. I hear many white people respond defensively and say things like, "well what can I do - I'm not keeping AA people down... they need to do it for themselves." I agree that it would be difficult for white people as individuals to enact significant change, but do believe having empathic views and increasing awareness is something we should all try to have. Last, I think part of the appearance of increase in racist actions/crimes is likely due to the reality that whites are approaching the time when they will no longer be the majority... that increases the fear level which results in a lot of rigid positions about the history. I hate that we have these problems but think it is good to dialogue about them... let's try to be productive - even if certain posters have very different viewpoints we can all be civil. Those upset I get it, but you'd have a better change to positively influence someone's else opinion if you don't blast them directly...
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
9/15/2017  11:15 AM
BRIGGS wrote:

I "personally" believe a racist is someone who actually hates another race--someone who has vitriol in their heart towards smother race.

again, this a first grade level understanding of racism.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

9/15/2017  11:22 AM
djsunyc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I "personally" believe a racist is someone who actually hates another race--someone who has vitriol in their heart towards smother race.

again, this a first grade level understanding of racism.

Yup...

rac·ism
noun
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
reub

9/15/2017  11:42 AM
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:
nixluva wrote:

You can't have actually read any of this and came to the conclusion that anyone is calling someone racist JUST for having a different opinion!

Sure opinions are one thing but I know RACISTS and I won't be silent when I see it's ugly head raising up. I'm in opposition to White Supremacists and Nazis. Don't know where you stand but if you're speaking up and calling Obama our biggest liar as president then I think I have a clue.

Do you also oppose violent Antifa and the left's attempt to silence free speech? Do you support when BLM defends guilty people and promotes death to cops? Be consistent in your outrage against evil or cease to be credible.

newyorknewyork
9/15/2017  12:01 PM
jskinny35 wrote:IMO, there is responsibility needed to be taken on both sides, however, the majority being in power should assume more responsibility and action due to it's privileged position. Long-term change cannot occur with movement on only one side, as our societal system will work to maintain homeostasis and keep things as they are (eg whites in power). As a white person, my belief is that many whites know the race history and feel guilt, shame and fear about it. Some whites participated in overt racist acts, others didn't but still enjoyed the fruits of the white privilege... while that doesn't mean all whites are racist, it does suggest whites have benefited systematically for many generations. I hear many white people respond defensively and say things like, "well what can I do - I'm not keeping AA people down... they need to do it for themselves." I agree that it would be difficult for white people as individuals to enact significant change, but do believe having empathic views and increasing awareness is something we should all try to have. Last, I think part of the appearance of increase in racist actions/crimes is likely due to the reality that whites are approaching the time when they will no longer be the majority... that increases the fear level which results in a lot of rigid positions about the history. I hate that we have these problems but think it is good to dialogue about them... let's try to be productive - even if certain posters have very different viewpoints we can all be civil. Those upset I get it, but you'd have a better change to positively influence someone's else opinion if you don't blast them directly...

And while Briggs and people of similar mind will point at blacks and claim that the negative actions of the few speak for the whole race. He will then turn a blind eye towards the mass amounts of corruption from Corporations, Banks, Wall Street, Silicon Valley, Judicial, Media, Politicians, Police etc etc all who are majority whites in power and with wealth. Has Briggs been calling for whites to change their culture of corruption in America?

If its acceptable for Briggs to speak his personal feelings/truth on inner city blacks. Then inner city blacks believing white people are unmoral, unethical, & corrupt and built a system of oppression based on the decisions of the small minority of elite wealthy whites. Would be fair game.

Except those people in positions of power affect way more lives then inner city blacks.

newyorknewyork
9/15/2017  12:09 PM
reub wrote:
nixluva wrote:
reub wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Do you also oppose violent Antifa and the left's attempt to silence free speech? Do you support when BLM defends guilty people and promotes death to cops? Be consistent in your outrage against evil or cease to be credible.

No I don't, Though you would have to give me an example of BLM defending guilty people. But its why I don't fully get behind everything BLM. But I do support the need to make attention reality that blacks don't receive equal justice. This has been proven with facts.

When a 12 yr old is able to get shot dead for playing with a toy gun. And the justification for it is black on black crime.....

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy