[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

8/14/2017  6:31 PM
I didn't realize that the man who carried out the attack had recently moved into a condo in Maumee OH. This is where I live, technically my address is a different township but Maumee is the next neighborhood over.

This is both scary and rude awakening. While everyone is trying to convince us there are only a handful bad apples living in the fringes of society that subscribe to white supremacy, the reality is that they are living with complete impunity in the middle of residential suburbia.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/14/2017  6:46 PM
BRIGGS wrote:And whether DT is or is not a good President--Im sure most people are happy to shove it up the arse of many of these arrogant bastards at the very least.

This is what's called a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If you voted for, and/or justify the performance of the President out of spite - because you resent the perception that Democrats don't respect your intelligence, well then that's exactly why they're right not to.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
8/14/2017  6:55 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:And whether DT is or is not a good President--Im sure most people are happy to shove it up the arse of many of these arrogant bastards at the very least.

If you voted for, and/or justify the performance of the President out of spite - because you resent the perception that Democrats don't respect your intelligence, well then that's exactly why they're right not to.

Too bad--cry about it.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

8/14/2017  7:01 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Too bad--cry about it.

I'd suggest "President Trump: He's Incompetent But Makes Me Feel Better About Me" for his reelection slogan.

BRIGGS
8/14/2017  7:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/14/2017  7:19 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Too bad--cry about it.

I'd suggest "President Trump: He's Incompetent But Makes Me Feel Better About Me" for his reelection slogan.

Its the crybaby mentality. I lost so now Im going to throw stones. Im sure Hillary wouldve been a fine President

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

8/14/2017  7:32 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Too bad--cry about it.

Its the crybaby mentality. I lost so now Im going to throw stones. Im sure Hillary wouldve been a fine President

Briggs, you wrote unsolicited, it doesn't matter if he's competent or not, most of his supporters are just motivated to win a battle over "arrogant bastards."

You threw the first stone here, and have gleefully reduced the office of President as merely a vehicle to exercise a personal vendetta.

I write this fully aware you don't understand the implications of this and clearly believe "Nananana" is a relevant, effective response.

In other words thank you, you're making my point for me.

BRIGGS
8/14/2017  7:47 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Too bad--cry about it.

Briggs, you wrote unsolicited, it doesn't matter if he's competent or not, most of his supporters are just motivated to win a battle over "arrogant bastards."

You threw the first stone here, and have gleefully reduced the office of President as merely a vehicle to exercise a personal vendetta.

I write this fully aware you don't understand the implications of this and clearly believe "Nananana" is a relevant, effective response.

"personal vendetta" Man you are lost.
RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

8/14/2017  7:48 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Too bad--cry about it.

"personal vendetta" Man you are lost.

That's often the result of incoherence.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/14/2017  8:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/14/2017  8:44 PM

the new america...

http://thehill.com/policy/cybersecurity/346544-dreamhost-claims-doj-requesting-info-on-visitors-to-anti-trump-website

Welpee
Member: #6239

8/14/2017  9:03 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Do I think DT is some kind of white supremacist? I dont see anything in his life that he had any attacks against Jews Chinese Black Hispanic etc..
Does housing discrimination to keep Blacks from living in his buildings count as an attack against Blacks?
Welpee
Member: #6239

8/14/2017  9:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/14/2017  9:06 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Welpee wrote:
nixluva wrote:
Welpee wrote:
smackeddog wrote:Good stuff:

I don't know. No matter how I feel about somebody's position I don't like seeing this.

I think perhaps you forget just what he stands for! I'm 52 my mother, father and both grandmothers are all alive. Guys like this dude used to TERRORIZE my parents and grandparents. I was chased as a boy by a group of guys like this when I was visiting my Grandparents in North Carolina. Thank God they didn't catch me!!! I don't believe in violence but I can FULLY understand how anger at White Supremacists can make people lose it. F those guys!

I totally know what he stands for and as a black man in my 50s I know I am the target of his rhetoric. I'm just not comfortable with some entity deciding who can be heard and who can't. As disgusting as the kkk and their kind are they have a right to demonstrate and protest. I don't have a problem with him being shouted down, but getting in his face and borderline getting physical is another story.

Understood, but a relevant question is, who is responsible for making sure he isn't approached? Should local police or the National Guard be required to incur the cost of protecting these people wherever, whenever and how ever often they choose to speak in public?

Honestly I don't have an answer to that question.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/14/2017  9:32 PM
http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/a56979/charlottesville-donald-trump-republican/

I can't remember a bleaker time in this country's history. The most perilous moments of the Cold War were frightening but, by and large, we were all in it together. The Vietnam period was angry and divisive but there was a central focus to all the rage, an ill-conceived and immoral foreign adventure that even its most wrathful opponents knew had to end sometime. But the centrifugal forces seem stronger and more mysterious this time. They seem to be coming from too many different directions and they seem to have a number of obscure and distant sources. Our sense of being a self-governing nation is being pulled apart. Our concept of a political commonwealth is unmoored and floating. Nothing is solid. Everything is fluid, and everything ought not to be. Not like this. Not in the 21st century. We settled some things in the last century that should have been settled for good.

Back in 1789, Thomas Jefferson, who founded a university in Charlottesville, engaged with James Madison on the subject of the popular basis of political authority. Famously, Jefferson wrote that:

"…As the earth belongs to the living, not to the dead, a living generation can bind itself only: In every society the will of the majority binds the whole: According to the laws of mortality, a majority of those ripe at any moment for the exercise of their will do not live beyond nineteen years: To that term then is limited the validity of every act of the Society: Nor within that limitation, can any declaration of the public will be valid which is not express."

Madison, in reply, tried in his usual way to talk Jefferson gently down from his high horse and back to the business of governing here on planet Earth.

However applicable in Theory the doctrine may be to a Constitution, in [sic] seems liable in practice to some very powerful objections. Would not a Government so often revised become too mutable to retain those prejudices in its favor which antiquity inspires, and which are perhaps a salutary aid to the most rational Government in the most enlightened age? Would not such a periodical revision engender pernicious factions that might not otherwise come into existence? Would not, in fine, a Government depending for its existence beyond a fixed date, on some positive and authentic intervention of the Society itself, be too subject to the casualty and consequences of an actual interregnum? If the earth be the gift of nature to the living their title can extend to the earth in its natural State only. The improvements made by the dead form a charge against the living who take the benefit of them. This charge can no otherwise be satisfyed than by executing the will of the dead accompanying the improvements.

Yeah, I know, just a couple of slaveowners talking there. But the point remains important. Like the law, democracy must be stable, but must not stand still. Some things must abide, beyond the power of equivocators, thugs, and misbegotten presidents, beyond the influence of inconstant political drama. Some changes must change and, once change occurs, it, too, must abide. It must become permanent, and not subject to periodic revisions engendered by pernicious factions. Like Nazis, I guess.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
8/14/2017  10:34 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Too bad--cry about it.

i think what's been lost on you (and others) is that voting for trump was THE BIGGEST CRY BABY MOVE EVER.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/14/2017  10:41 PM
djsunyc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Too bad--cry about it.

i think what's been lost on you (and others) is that voting for trump was THE BIGGEST CRY BABY MOVE EVER.

+1000

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/14/2017  11:02 PM
Welpee wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Do I think DT is some kind of white supremacist? I dont see anything in his life that he had any attacks against Jews Chinese Black Hispanic etc..
Does housing discrimination to keep Blacks from living in his buildings count as an attack against Blacks?

Also pushing for the Death Penalty for the Central Park Five and refusing to accept that they were not guilty.

Being the main proponent of Birtherism and trolling President Obama. Stating that Obama didn't earn his academic achievements.

Man let's just stop the games when it comes to Trump. Those who FOOLISHLY voted for Trump and still stubbornly support him after all the BS he's done deserve to be ridiculed and ostracized cuz they know how bad Trump is for this country and how dangerous he is for the world. He proved himself to be a horrible human being. He every bit the unfit buffoon we said he was.

BRIGGS
8/14/2017  11:28 PM
djsunyc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Too bad--cry about it.

Im sure there is a lot of people who would counter that having Hillary as President was not acceptable under almost any circumstance. From day 1 there was no building a government that could work together for common ground. Its like having two countries within one. Some of what trump says makes common sense. Ih he is leaning to far in a direction--then you find a common ground on negotiation. But from the Democratic side its been no before he took office. Thats unfortunate. I dont know one thing that he said was so far off base? Its mostly been about protectionism prosperity and safety.

RIP Crushalot😞
arkrud
Member: #995
USA
8/15/2017  12:17 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Too bad--cry about it.

Im sure there is a lot of people who would counter that having Hillary as President was not acceptable under almost any circumstance. From day 1 there was no building a government that could work together for common ground. Its like having two countries within one. Some of what trump says makes common sense. Ih he is leaning to far in a direction--then you find a common ground on negotiation. But from the Democratic side its been no before he took office. Thats unfortunate. I dont know one thing that he said was so far off base? Its mostly been about protectionism prosperity and safety.

Not like I agree with you on all counts but it is pointless to preach Judaism to Muslims... Wrong forum.
We should not remove the symbols of the past but erect the symbols of the past that were untold and forgotten because they were not feet with American exceptionalism and narratives that America never did anything wrong.
Time to make museums similar to Holocaust museums in Europe in former slave market buildings in the South, mark the places where black people were killed and erect the monuments for those who fight against slavery and segregation.
Just in front of General Lee statue.
Past cannot be removed by removing the monuments - it can only be brought back to the present.
Nation which forget its history has no future.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/15/2017  12:58 AM
arkrud wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Too bad--cry about it.

Not like I agree with you on all counts but it is pointless to preach Judaism to Muslims... Wrong forum.
We should not remove the symbols of the past but erect the symbols of the past that were untold and forgotten because they were not feet with American exceptionalism and narratives that America never did anything wrong.
Time to make museums similar to Holocaust museums in Europe in former slave market buildings in the South, mark the places where black people were killed and erect the monuments for those who fight against slavery and segregation.
Past cannot be removed by removing the monuments - it can only be brought back to the present.

F THAT!!! Do you know why and when they put up all these Confederate Statues and started flying Confederate Themed Flags? It started in the 1890's and picked up steam in 1950's and 60's as a visible statement of defiance to the Civil Rights Movement. This isn't about Heritage or History! This was and is about Racists wanting to shove it in the faces of those who wanted to give Minorities Equality!!!

See I can understand the ignorance of MOST of the people in this country because they haven't been taught the truth in school. The White power structure has ALWAYS created false narratives to suit their designs on White Supremacy. Like the lie that they were doing Africans a favor by enslaving them. They knew that these Africans came from fully formed societies, Kingdoms and that they had Language, Religion, Culture.

They knew these people had skills that they could exploit. The Europeans didn't have experience in growing the crops that they made so much money with in the Colonies. Rice, Indigo, Sorghum, Sweet Potatoes, Melons etc. They specifically enslaved people who had experience in farming and herding cattle, tanning, pottery, crafting metals etc.

BRIGGS
8/15/2017  1:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/15/2017  1:40 AM
arkrud wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
djsunyc wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Too bad--cry about it.

I don't feel threatened by Nazi/ skinhead. They are such a small part of society they don't matter. While this was unfortunate event-- more violence on a daily basis over drugs gangs et al that whole scene should've been a non event. First town should have done what it had to do to keep them out or to shut it down quickly. Secondly and I think where Trump Saturday comment come from-- those protestors came for violent scene(they came stocked with gear). There was culpability in their actions. If they don't protest-- no one gets hurt-- police get these arseholes out in 30 minutes. Why people giving kkk / nazi even one second of attention? Let cops do the job.

RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
8/15/2017  1:36 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Too bad--cry about it.

--->Briggs, you wrote unsolicited, it doesn't matter if he's competent or not, most of his supporters are just motivated to win a battle over "arrogant bastards."

Is this what they call fake news? Taking one line out of 20 and changing the words?

Can you tell me first line of what I wrote in that post? Thank you

RIP Crushalot😞
Off Topic: six months later, do people who voted for Trump still support this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy