[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Live press conference at 2pm today - Carmelo traded ?
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
7/18/2017  5:53 AM
Sure defense first I get it. But when Dennis Smith lights up the Knicks for 25 as a rookie in the Garden, I'll remember Phil saying he didn't want guys who could jump out the gym.
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/18/2017  6:59 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/18/2017  7:00 AM
Paris907 wrote:Sure defense first I get it. But when Dennis Smith lights up the Knicks for 25 as a rookie in the Garden, I'll remember Phil saying he didn't want guys who could jump out the gym.

"Defense first" is just something GMs say because fans like to hear it. Hopefully they consider offense just as important. I assume they do since they went after Hardaway. (His defense has improved but I'm sure the main thing they like is his scoring.)
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/18/2017  7:17 AM
Frank Ntilikina is not just a defense guy.
He has all the skills on offense as well.

He can push the ball.
He can pass it on drives.
He can spot up and shoot.
He can drive and finsh around the rim.

His problem on offense is that he has no real major strength at this point in time. He does many things well, just not anything in particularly great. Remember he is only 18. In a few years he could have and should polish those skills more, be able to get them at a level where some of them are strengths of his.

Give this kid a few years. He is not an instant pick. I appreciate Phil for willing to go with the long ball approach. It cost him his job and massive heat in the media, but he got the player he thought was the best guy longterm. If he wanted some instant succcess and positive spin in the media, he would have gotten Monk or DSJ.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/18/2017  8:20 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Frank Ntilikina is not just a defense guy.
He has all the skills on offense as well.

He can push the ball.
He can pass it on drives.
He can spot up and shoot.
He can drive and finsh around the rim.

His problem on offense is that he has no real major strength at this point in time. He does many things well, just not anything in particularly great. Remember he is only 18. In a few years he could have and should polish those skills more, be able to get them at a level where some of them are strengths of his.

Give this kid a few years. He is not an instant pick. I appreciate Phil for willing to go with the long ball approach. It cost him his job and massive heat in the media, but he got the player he thought was the best guy longterm. If he wanted some instant succcess and positive spin in the media, he would have gotten Monk or DSJ.

Exactly. Its amazing that just because Dennis Smith did well in "summer league" people think he is the next star and Frank is a bust and we screwed up. Believe me ive seen many young players tear it up in summer league and then do nothing or just decent in the NBA. I'm not saying Dennis Smith wont be good but Frank is much more than a "defensive" player. sure he might not be flashy like Smith but like his all around game
Live press conference at 2pm today - Carmelo traded ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy