[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Knicks are in the drivers seat
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/17/2017  1:41 PM
EnySpree wrote:You guys got things twisted....

Melo wants to go to Houston...

Knicks don't like any trades they can come up with....

The knicks don't have to trade Melo....

This is Melo's only options.... expand his list of teams he would go to or honor his contact. He has to show up and play. If he doesn't want to cooperate... he can sit on the bench or get ordered to stay away. Get fined from the team and all that. That's not a bad thing. It shows our young players nothing and no one is above the team. Its the team that matters. There are 14 other players careers to build, not just one.

The Knicks don't have to buy him out. What makes Melo different from any other player? Nobody can care less if Noah plays again. Why so much concern for Melo?

Having Melo's dead contract on the roster sucks... but are the Knicks championship contenders? No.... will a lottery pick be a disaster? No.... it would be a come up. Melo could sit and opt out next summer. Or he can play choir boy and see what the year brings before the trade deadline.

The knicks are in control here. This is business. Nothing personal

explain to me why you couldn't have posted this on the 9999 other melo thread.

ES
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/17/2017  1:46 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
franco12 wrote:

This is Melo's only options.... expand his list of teams he would go to or honor his contact. He has to show up and play. If he doesn't want to cooperate... he can sit on the bench or get ordered to stay away. Get fined from the team and all that. That's not a bad thing. It shows our young players nothing and no one is above the team. Its the team that matters. There are 14 other players careers to build, not just one.

The Knicks don't have to buy him out. What makes Melo different from any other player? Nobody can care less if Noah plays again. Why so much concern for Melo?

Having Melo's dead contract on the roster sucks... but are the Knicks championship contenders? No.... will a lottery pick be a disaster? No.... it would be a come up. Melo could sit and opt out next summer. Or he can play choir boy and see what the year brings before the trade deadline.

I agree, but I do see the downside to player development and chemistry if Melo is here. He's done well, but I think by his very stature, he has star treatment, and others don't and I think this, and his prior contracts have caused distractions.

I agree we're not winning any time soon, but I think there is value to ending the Melo experiment so the franchise and the players left can move on without distraction.

Yup...If he's on the team, whether he starts, comes off the bench, or sits on the bench, he will retard the development of some players and be a distraction in the locker room.

Truly a moment when a move will help both the player and the team.

Thing is, the Knicks can always release Melo on the eve of training camp, which is months away. There is little imperative to move him now if the return is undesirable.

Or during training camp, or during the start of the season.

At that point the GM comes in addresses the team and says we had hoped to make it worse but we had a player that was more focused on doing it his way and we didnt want it to becomes a distraction. Even though this player is a highly paid player with status in the league this team is about you guys, not about him.... end of speech.

Phil was at war with Melo and could not find away to correct the untradeable contract he gave him. The new management team s not at war with Melo. Working with Melo for a positive outcome is the best scenario. I don't see any situation where he is just released.
If you ask Melo to do something he's not enthusiastic about it often becomes that. What did Phil ask him to do that turned so toxic? Rather that worry about assigning blame this is the real question.

He's got an NTC. If you dont him trade when you are able to, the Knicks must consider that a buyout/waive may become a last resort should he decide that Jeff is telling him not to hold the ball so long or defend his guy and Melo decides "this sucks."

So I have no problem with the FO trying to make things right, or at least better but there is risk there also. Time will tell.

Other than forcing the triangle, Rambis, making bad management decisions, and a lot of losing Phil didn't do much. But instead of correcting or modifying his approach he intensified it, going full triangle, drafting a guy that fit the triangle, fighting and entertaining trade offers for KP, not retaining KP's coach, using Melo as a scapegoat etc. Phil was horrible as president and never held himself accountable. He blamed Melo. Not a good approach if your objective is to move the guy with the huge contract, NTC, and trade kicker. The front office reset hopefully allows for the Knicks and Melo to work together to resolve it. I don't think that ad any chance of happening with Phil as pres.

Melo Pass the ball! Melo give Max Effort on both ends. Melo run the floor to get Early buckets and get back on D! F Melo!!! Nobody did anything to him. He just refused to take responsibility for his position as the team's highest paid player!

Now he can sit and stew in his stubbornness until the Knicks get what's best for the team.

Phil let your coach coach. Phil sign guys that have upside not older injury prone guys. Phil don't just be done with players and get nothing back in trades. Phil give out team friendly contracts. Phil you didn't win the negotiation by giving Melo the NTC and trade kicker to get a little back. Phil your stubborn, rigid approach might cost the team it's first franchise player since Ewing. Hopefully 24 mil washes down that tarnished legacy and humble pie. Yeah it's all Melo's fault.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/17/2017  1:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2017  1:56 PM
I think Melo enjoys being liked by his teammates.
I was with Phil on his weaknesses as a player and that he needs to move on now.
But I also think it's not like Melo to come to the Knicks (if he has to) and ruin their season.
He'd be supportive of KP, Willy, Frank. He fits in well with them actually on offense.
The only guy I think he hurts development wise is THj, They play very similar roles on offense based on last year's version of THj.

This lineup will work for the young guys IMO

Hernangomez 12points/8boards
Porzingis 21points/7boards
Melo 22points/3assists
Ntilikina 8points/3assists
Baker 10 points/4 assists

THj 10-12 points off the bench.
Lee 8-10 points off the bench.

Team would flat out score. Defense? lol not good enough.
See us remaining where we were last year in the standings. Players like Willy, KP, Frank would develop around Melo.

There's actually an outside shot that the team makes a run for the last playoff spot because of much more improved chemistry and younger players and no more rebelling against the Triangle. But the team even in that scenario, the team's longterm potential window with Melo is very mediocre. Best case is to trade him during the season in this scenario, even.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/17/2017  2:44 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
franco12 wrote:

I agree, but I do see the downside to player development and chemistry if Melo is here. He's done well, but I think by his very stature, he has star treatment, and others don't and I think this, and his prior contracts have caused distractions.

I agree we're not winning any time soon, but I think there is value to ending the Melo experiment so the franchise and the players left can move on without distraction.

Yup...If he's on the team, whether he starts, comes off the bench, or sits on the bench, he will retard the development of some players and be a distraction in the locker room.

But he doesn't have to be I the locker room.... he can be on his phone shooting around with Chris Brickley at his gym and post videos to instagram.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/17/2017  2:47 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

You are tired man.... really tired

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/17/2017  2:49 PM
I think Phil took the blame on everything.
He also complimented Melo. Said a lot of positive things.
Triangle/culture was why he came and he was very intent on seeing it thru. We/media demonized the triangle.
He became toxic to KP and not sure he was fully bought into the fact he'd succeed.
Buying out Melo was stupid and PHil was quick to make that happen? I don't know, if so, bad bad impatient!!!!
Did Phil really get to build a culture? Did Mills push back? Did the whole universe really repel from the Triangle?
Is Melo really that Toxic to the Yoot? I don't know.
Phil is gone. Lets move on.
knicks1248
Member: #582
7/17/2017  3:00 PM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

You are tired man.... really tired

serious dude, we can start a thread about god and religion and by the 3rd post, it turns into a melo thread

ES
fwk00
Member: #6048

7/17/2017  3:03 PM
Nalod wrote:I think Phil took the blame on everything.
He also complimented Melo. Said a lot of positive things.
Triangle/culture was why he came and he was very intent on seeing it thru. We/media demonized the triangle.
He became toxic to KP and not sure he was fully bought into the fact he'd succeed.
Buying out Melo was stupid and PHil was quick to make that happen? I don't know, if so, bad bad impatient!!!!
Did Phil really get to build a culture? Did Mills push back? Did the whole universe really repel from the Triangle?
Is Melo really that Toxic to the Yoot? I don't know.
Phil is gone. Lets move on.

There is no place to move on to. Everything that Phil said and worked for are still as valid as the day he said them. He became a lightning rod for all the special interest groups who plague the Knicks daily.

The same stuff will start up in minutes for this group. And I mean no disrespect to Mills, Perry, Hornacek or the rest. Team culture has be subsumed to NBA culture which showers riches on athletes who are mental midgets and who are surrounded by thugs.

Everyone will do the best they can until the next set of administrators express how glad they are working for a "storied" franchise.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/17/2017  3:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2017  3:23 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Thing is, the Knicks can always release Melo on the eve of training camp, which is months away. There is little imperative to move him now if the return is undesirable.

At that point the GM comes in addresses the team and says we had hoped to make it worse but we had a player that was more focused on doing it his way and we didnt want it to becomes a distraction. Even though this player is a highly paid player with status in the league this team is about you guys, not about him.... end of speech.

Phil was at war with Melo and could not find away to correct the untradeable contract he gave him. The new management team s not at war with Melo. Working with Melo for a positive outcome is the best scenario. I don't see any situation where he is just released.
If you ask Melo to do something he's not enthusiastic about it often becomes that. What did Phil ask him to do that turned so toxic? Rather that worry about assigning blame this is the real question.

He's got an NTC. If you dont him trade when you are able to, the Knicks must consider that a buyout/waive may become a last resort should he decide that Jeff is telling him not to hold the ball so long or defend his guy and Melo decides "this sucks."

So I have no problem with the FO trying to make things right, or at least better but there is risk there also. Time will tell.

Other than forcing the triangle, Rambis, making bad management decisions, and a lot of losing Phil didn't do much. But instead of correcting or modifying his approach he intensified it, going full triangle, drafting a guy that fit the triangle, fighting and entertaining trade offers for KP, not retaining KP's coach, using Melo as a scapegoat etc. Phil was horrible as president and never held himself accountable. He blamed Melo. Not a good approach if your objective is to move the guy with the huge contract, NTC, and trade kicker. The front office reset hopefully allows for the Knicks and Melo to work together to resolve it. I don't think that ad any chance of happening with Phil as pres.

Melo Pass the ball! Melo give Max Effort on both ends. Melo run the floor to get Early buckets and get back on D! F Melo!!! Nobody did anything to him. He just refused to take responsibility for his position as the team's highest paid player!

Now he can sit and stew in his stubbornness until the Knicks get what's best for the team.

Phil let your coach coach. Phil sign guys that have upside not older injury prone guys. Phil don't just be done with players and get nothing back in trades. Phil give out team friendly contracts. Phil you didn't win the negotiation by giving Melo the NTC and trade kicker to get a little back. Phil your stubborn, rigid approach might cost the team it's first franchise player since Ewing. Hopefully 24 mil washes down that tarnished legacy and humble pie. Yeah it's all Melo's fault.

Nix has a point. We all know that ONE players faults (Our best player) is more important than a inconsistent coaching staff, different annual roster, antiquated system that NO BODY wanted to play for, D league caliber second unit, a Prez who trashes his players and undermined his coaches and broken down team mates.

But Anderson will change that.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fwk00
Member: #6048

7/17/2017  3:30 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Nix has a point. We all know that ONE players faults (Our best player) is more important than a inconsistent coaching staff, different annual roster, antiquated system that NO BODY wanted to play for, D league caliber second unit, a Prez who trashes his players and undermined his coaches and broken down team mates.

Just for grins, what teams don't change out their rosters? Golden State and...

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/17/2017  4:44 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Melo... Or BUST!!!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
USA
7/17/2017  4:46 PM
fwk00 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Just for grins, what teams don't change out their rosters? Golden State and...

Tons of data on it if you are interested.
https://www.basketball-reference.com/friv/continuity.html
http://fansided.com/2016/09/30/keeping-band-together-nba-continuity-rates/
HofstraBBall

7/17/2017  4:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2017  4:54 PM
arkrud wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Melo... Or BUST!!!

??. He is not coming back to this crap heap. How the new front office proceeds will determine the return.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/17/2017  4:55 PM
F Melo! Dude didn't care to bust it for us why should we be supporting him!!! Melo RESISTED doing TEAM BUILDING things his coaches and GM's asked of him. Only when he got his way did he seriously step up his effort. You guys that continue to support him over guys like MDA or Phil just don't get it. Melo was at the core of the BS!!!

Let Melo go be the 3rd wheel somewhere else. I'm tired of him poisoning this franchise. I hope and pray they find a good deal and get Melo the FOH!!!

arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/17/2017  5:38 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
arkrud wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Melo... Or BUST!!!

??. He is not coming back to this crap heap. How the new front office proceeds will determine the return.

Nobody wants him for the return Knicks want so Melo will be back to this heap heap and will have another enjoyable season in NY.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
USA
7/17/2017  6:04 PM
arkrud wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
arkrud wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
franco12 wrote:

Melo... Or BUST!!!

Nobody wants him for the return Knicks want so Melo will be back to this heap heap and will have another enjoyable season in NY.

The fact that the Rockets are being sold may ave more to do with Melo not being moved if it doesn't happen.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/17/2017  6:07 PM
The Knicks are in the driver seat -sorry couldn't resist

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
HofstraBBall

7/17/2017  7:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/17/2017  8:06 PM
nixluva wrote:F Melo! Dude didn't care to bust it for us why should we be supporting him!!! Melo RESISTED doing TEAM BUILDING things his coaches and GM's asked of him. Only when he got his way did he seriously step up his effort. You guys that continue to support him over guys like MDA or Phil just don't get it. Melo was at the core of the BS!!!

Let Melo go be the 3rd wheel somewhere else. I'm tired of him poisoning this franchise. I hope and pray they find a good deal and get Melo the FOH!!!

Team BUILDING? You mean the one the Owner, previous coach, most of the NBA, new Prez (Former GM) and future of the franchise thought was going in the wrong direction? The same one that got Phil fired? How is anyone still saying this team was not a bad show? Why would any smart, talented vet want to be a part of it? And let's also ignore that everyone in the NBA complimented Melo for how he handled things.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/17/2017  8:35 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nixluva wrote:F Melo! Dude didn't care to bust it for us why should we be supporting him!!! Melo RESISTED doing TEAM BUILDING things his coaches and GM's asked of him. Only when he got his way did he seriously step up his effort. You guys that continue to support him over guys like MDA or Phil just don't get it. Melo was at the core of the BS!!!

Team BUILDING? You mean the one the Owner, previous coach, most of the NBA, new Prez (Former GM) and future of the franchise thought was going in the wrong direction? The same one that got Phil fired? How is anyone still saying this team was not a bad show? Why would any smart, talented vet want to be a part of it? And let's also ignore that everyone in the NBA complimented Melo for how he handled things.

Melo is a slick guy that does his dirt away from the cameras and he plays the "who me?" Innocence game but he's the F'n Angel of Death for Coaches and GM's. We've wasted enough time and money on this guy!

This is the BEST start to building a Winning team for the long term that we've had the last 17 years.
No more selling out our youth for guys like Melo. Melo is all about Melo and some fans still support this fraud!!! I want players that lay it on the line for this team and play with PRIDE and PASSION for the Knicks.

PhilinLA
Member: #696
7/17/2017  9:37 PM
I think Melo and Lee AT LEAST will be gone before training camp.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
The Knicks are in the drivers seat

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy