[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Mills/Perry Presser...
Author Thread
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

7/16/2017  8:02 AM
Have poked around. This guy never had a successful rebuild and his drafting is mediocre at best. His best pick is oladipo at 2?!

I hope he brings something to the table and that he's at least smart enough to surround himself w real good eyes for talent

(5)(5)
AUTOADVERT
reub
Member: #6227

7/16/2017  8:54 AM
Chandler wrote:Have poked around. This guy never had a successful rebuild and his drafting is mediocre at best. His best pick is oladipo at 2?!

I hope he brings something to the table and that he's at least smart enough to surround himself w real good eyes for talent

I have my suspicions about Perry but I hope that we're wrong. At least he seems to have a good relationship with the press and the players around the league. That's a start.
Chandler
Member: #6197

7/16/2017  9:59 AM
reub wrote:
Chandler wrote:Have poked around. This guy never had a successful rebuild and his drafting is mediocre at best. His best pick is oladipo at 2?!

I have my suspicions about Perry but I hope that we're wrong. At least he seems to have a good relationship with the press and the players around the league. That's a start.

Agreed. Perhaps I should have been clearer. I am hoping that he contributes. But if he was the guy pushing bad trades and picks I hope he at least has the good judgment to surround himself with better talent evaluators.

(5)(5)
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/16/2017  10:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2017  11:34 AM
As general manager, I will work tirelessly to develop a culture that demands results, commitment and pride from everyone fortunate enough to be associated with our team - from our staff to our players."

Perry has a track record of doing just that at different stops, with mixed results. This is his chance to finally show what he can do as a GM.

The quote above reminds me of when I watched Joe Maddon's press conference when he was named the manager of the TB Rays, when I lived in the area. Maddon changed the culture, in part by being a positive influence on the franchise, gave the team a feeling of hope, that things were going to get better. And Maddon delivered.

I get that feeling with Perry, even though he wont be coaching. As long as Mills isn't another cook, spoiling the broth.

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/16/2017  11:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/16/2017  11:25 AM

Considering that was a very mediocre draft not coming away with a total bust was an accomplishment. Heck, the #1 pick was a bust.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/16/2017  11:37 AM
Welpee wrote:

Considering that was a very mediocre draft not coming away with a total bust was an accomplishment. Heck, the #1 pick was a bust.

Good point. Oladipo was my number one pick that draft. He may have finally found a home in Indy, where Oladipo played college ball. Good place to be the man.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

7/17/2017  10:56 AM
I'm not sure what Orlando parts Perry was fully responsible for drafting/signing/trading for but if I look at that roster I have to admit the following.

- at the time they were drafted I thought highly of Dipo, Payton, Hezonja and to a lesser degree Gordon
- I also liked Fournier and thought Byombo would be an impactful signing.

Hard for me to knock the guy when I pretty much liked most of the players he may have had a hand in adding in Orlando.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/17/2017  11:07 AM
LivingLegend wrote:I'm not sure what Orlando parts Perry was fully responsible for drafting/signing/trading for but if I look at that roster I have to admit the following.

- at the time they were drafted I thought highly of Dipo, Payton, Hezonja and to a lesser degree Gordon

Hard for me to knock the guy when I pretty much liked most of the players he may have had a hand in adding in Orlando.

The main thing for me is it's known how crazy Orlando was for Porzingis, trying to get him to stay in the draft in 2014 and of course they tried desperately to move up for him in 2015. If they landed him in place of Hezonja for example, we would view their drafting track record completely different. Hezonja was the only true bust in a strong draft. The rest were solid picks in unspectacular drafts. But other than that, my main focus is, will Perry rebuild the culture here by building strong relationships with players, agents, and media, so this franchise is not constantly viewed as a toxic environment. Dolan is a bad owner, we know that. But Mills, Perry, and Hornacek have a real chance to build a culture that emphasizes internal youth development, accountability, and is free of agendas.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/17/2017  11:13 AM
Knixkik wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:I'm not sure what Orlando parts Perry was fully responsible for drafting/signing/trading for but if I look at that roster I have to admit the following.

The main thing for me is it's known how crazy Orlando was for Porzingis, trying to get him to stay in the draft in 2014 and of course they tried desperately to move up for him in 2015. If they landed him in place of Hezonja for example, we would view their drafting track record completely different. Hezonja was the only true bust in a strong draft. The rest were solid picks in unspectacular drafts. But other than that, my main focus is, will Perry rebuild the culture here by building strong relationships with players, agents, and media, so this franchise is not constantly viewed as a toxic environment. Dolan is a bad owner, we know that. But Mills, Perry, and Hornacek have a real chance to build a culture that emphasizes internal youth development, accountability, and is free of agendas.

I think Perry will rebuild the relationships with players and agents. One of the things that changed in Sac when he got there was players began working out for the Kings again. I think he was a great hire. Great points about the Magis wanting KP.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Kemet
Member: #6148

7/17/2017  12:34 PM
The 2017 offseason was the best decision-making moves the Kings made in decades, and that includes getting rid of Perry!!!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
7/17/2017  12:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I think Perry will rebuild the relationships with players and agents. One of the things that changed in Sac when he got there was players began working out for the Kings again. I think he was a great hire. Great points about the Magis wanting KP.

That's a great point. Beforehand, no one wanted to workout there at all. Something changed, and it wasn't anything Divac or the owner did. There was a complete change of course on how players and agents viewed that situation, and no doubt it had to do with someone in the front office rebuilding those relationships, likely Perry.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/17/2017  12:58 PM
New arena, cash flow, No boogie and cap space......
Swishfm3
Member: #392
7/17/2017  1:04 PM
So nothing about the triangle?
Kemet
Member: #6148

7/17/2017  1:52 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:So nothing about the triangle?

Does that mean Perry should get rid of the ridiculous coaching-staff before training-camp?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/17/2017  4:18 PM
Kemet wrote:
Swishfm3 wrote:So nothing about the triangle?

Does that mean Perry should get rid of the ridiculous coaching-staff before training-camp?

What is so ridiculous about it? These are all Jeff's guy except for Rambis who if you take away his "Triangleness" he has some cred as an assistant and executive.
If Jeff has no problem with him, and he might not, then there is no problem.

I can't recall a single bonafide source that points to him as a problem other than his interm gig shoving the triangle in a bit of a screaming manner.
Is that reason to fire a man? Not sure. Under Jeff, has there been any issue?

For all we know he might be on his way out and honestly, I expect him to be. Im sure Dolan would rather he quit but he has a contract.
I know Mills is good friends with David Blatt and given the amount of Euro's we have one could assume this would be natural fit for two friends to work together but Jeff should be given a chance and KP needs Stability!
Knicks Need Stability. Jeff is a good coach and I see no reason at this time to make a move. 11 coach's in 17 years??

Current front office and coach line up:
http://www.nba.com/knicks/front-office/

Mills/Perry Presser...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy