[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Houston/Morey screwed this Melo trade up
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/14/2017  4:36 PM
The Clippers signed and traded Chris Paul to Houston. Why the f*** did they do that? They could have just signed him. They have non-guaranteed contracts on the roster they could have got rid of all those guys open up cap space and just simply signed Chris Paul. No they decide to sign and trade for him... Why? Because they thought the Knicks were stupid and were going to buy Carmelo Anthony out. The Knicks did not buy him out. So therefore now they have a trade for him. Houston thought it would be okay to offer anybody to the Knicks and it'll be all good. But it's not all good because the Knicks do not want Ryan Anderson! So here we are Houston now needs a third and fourth team to get involved just aquire Melo. And guess what they still can't get the trade done because the Knicks don't want none of that b******* that they're trying to give them! So now here we are the Knicks paused negotiations and now Houston and Melo now have to wait until the Knicks feel like renegotiating everything we have on the table. We hired a new general manager during negotiations. Good luck with that Houston....
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/14/2017  4:38 PM
this made me chuckle

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

7/14/2017  4:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/14/2017  5:00 PM
EnySpree wrote:The Clippers signed and traded Chris Paul to Houston. Why the f*** did they do that? They could have just signed him. They have non-guaranteed contracts on the roster they could have got rid of all those guys open up cap space and just simply signed Chris Paul. No they decide to sign and trade for him... Why? Because they thought the Knicks were stupid and were going to buy Carmelo Anthony out. The Knicks did not buy him out. So therefore now they have a trade for him. Houston thought it would be okay to offer anybody to the Knicks and it'll be all good. But it's not all good because the Knicks do not want Ryan Anderson! So here we are Houston now needs a third and fourth team to get involved just aquire Melo. And guess what they still can't get the trade done because the Knicks don't want none of that b******* that they're trying to give them! So now here we are the Knicks paused negotiations and now Houston and Melo now have to wait until the Knicks feel like renegotiating everything we have on the table. We hired a new general manager during negotiations. Good luck with that Houston....

They didn't have $24m in cap space to sign him.

They didn't have any cap space to sign him.

They were $11m over the cap.

Even if they renounced all free agent cap holds (like Nene's) and all partial guaranteed deals, the most cap space they could create was $8m.

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/246423/The-Maximum-Available-2017-Cap-Space-For-All-30-NBA-Teams-Version-60

EnySpree

7/14/2017  5:42 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:The Clippers signed and traded Chris Paul to Houston. Why the f*** did they do that? They could have just signed him. They have non-guaranteed contracts on the roster they could have got rid of all those guys open up cap space and just simply signed Chris Paul. No they decide to sign and trade for him... Why? Because they thought the Knicks were stupid and were going to buy Carmelo Anthony out. The Knicks did not buy him out. So therefore now they have a trade for him. Houston thought it would be okay to offer anybody to the Knicks and it'll be all good. But it's not all good because the Knicks do not want Ryan Anderson! So here we are Houston now needs a third and fourth team to get involved just aquire Melo. And guess what they still can't get the trade done because the Knicks don't want none of that b******* that they're trying to give them! So now here we are the Knicks paused negotiations and now Houston and Melo now have to wait until the Knicks feel like renegotiating everything we have on the table. We hired a new general manager during negotiations. Good luck with that Houston....

Even if they renounced all free agent cap holds (like Nene's) and all partial guaranteed deals, the most cap space they could create was $8m.

http://basketball.realgm.com/analysis/246423/The-Maximum-Available-2017-Cap-Space-For-All-30-NBA-Teams-Version-60

They still did not have to give all their assets to the clipps... they thought the Knicks were sleeping. Nah

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Knickoftime

7/14/2017  5:54 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

They still did not have to give all their assets to the clipps... they thought the Knicks were sleeping. Nah

Yes they did.

THAT's why they bought Hilliard from Detroit and Liggins from Dallas for cash just to make the deal. LA didn't want them. They had to get non-guaranteed salaries to match.

It was a 7 for 1 trade out of cap necessity.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/15/2017  3:32 AM
martin wrote:this made me chuckle

Melo is one of the softest Knicks we've ever had. One day people will look back at what Phil actually said about Melo (praised him but added he holds the ball), then look at the reaction and laugh.

EnySpree

7/15/2017  7:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2017  7:52 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yes they did.

THAT's why they bought Hilliard from Detroit and Liggins from Dallas for cash just to make the deal. LA didn't want them. They had to get non-guaranteed salaries to match.

So explain to me why they expect the Knicks to take Ryan Anderson and the rest of their non guarantees... was Ryan Anderson not on the table for the Clippers? If Houston gave the Knicks either Lou Williams or Beverley (Beverley especially) this deal would be done already. They weren't thinking about the Knicks at all when they made that CP3 trade. They thought the Knicks were going to buy out Melo. Then they thought the Knicks were stupid, "no leverage and desperate", yeah ight

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/15/2017  7:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2017  7:57 AM
Way I see it, it just shows Melo true value around the league.
He is not seen as a top 2 investment. He the guy you go after, once you've already gotten your top 2 guys and you feel you can win a ring.
Same thing in Cleveland. They already have Lebron, Kyrie, Love. They want to add Melo to that.

No one wants to trade much or make any significant plan for Melo. He is the type of guy a team wants if they can get him on a bargain or an upgrade.

If Cleveland was willing to do Love for Melo, we'd have a deal by now. Love easily gets sent a 3rd team that will give us young player and a draft pick.

If Houston was willing to deal Eric Gordon and Capela for Melo, again a deal gets done easily. One's a 6th man of the tear, the oter is a starting 5 with good 2-way ability. The trade gets done easily with a 3rd team.

So to me it comes down to the fact that teams only want Melo in a situation where he can be an additional weapon on an already loaded team. No one wants to invest highly in a Melo move.

Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/15/2017  8:00 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Way I see it, it just shows Melo true value around the league.
He is not seen as a top 2 investment. He the guy you go after, once you've already gotten your top 2 guys and you feel you can win a ring.
Same thing in Cleveland. They already have Lebron, Kyrie, Love. They want to add Melo to that.

No one wants to trade much or make any significant plan for Melo. He is the type of guy a team wants if they can get him on a bargain or an upgrade.

If Cleveland was willing to do Love for Melo, we'd have a deal by now. Love easily gets sent a 3rd team that will give us young player and a draft pick.

If Houston was willing to deal Eric Gordon and Capela for Melo, again a deal gets done easily. One's a 6th man of the tear, the oter is a starting 5 with good 2-way ability. The trade gets done easily with a 3rd team.

So to me it comes down to the fact that teams only want Melo in a situation where he can be an additional weapon on an already loaded team. No one wants to invest highly in a Melo move.

Even Melo realizes that he isn't a top player. If he were there would be at least 4-5 destinations that would work for him to try and win a chip. He is limited to two because it's his only hope to win something. Also he isn't as wanted as some think he is.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/15/2017  9:16 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Way I see it, it just shows Melo true value around the league.

i agre with some of this At Melo's age he is a part of something on most teams not the focal point. But I disagree about the market for Melo. He has a ntc so it isn't an open marketplace. Three weeks ago it was thought he would be bought out. The Knicks were operating from a position where they were desperate to move him. Moving his contract would be difficult in an open market. Moving his contract when there is only two teams is extremely difficult.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/15/2017  9:22 AM

This is what I have been saying all along. The clippers wouldn't even deal Austin fukking Rivers for him, and they already knew CP3 would likely leave if they didn't make an upgrade.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/15/2017  9:44 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:

This is what I have been saying all along. The clippers wouldn't even deal Austin fukking Rivers for him, and they already knew CP3 would likely leave if they didn't make an upgrade.

Rumors are that Paul left because Doc wouldn't trade his son.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/15/2017  10:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2017  10:10 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Doc chose nepotism over Melo and CP3 didn't like it. I don't blame CP3 because Doc's son is basically a product of nepotism from the beginning. Doc knows if his son leaves the clippers he will be out of the league in no time.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

7/15/2017  10:31 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yes they did.

So explain to me why they expect the Knicks to take Ryan Anderson and the rest of their non guarantees... was Ryan Anderson not on the table for the Clippers? If Houston gave the Knicks either Lou Williams or Beverley (Beverley especially) this deal would be done already. They weren't thinking about the Knicks at all when they made that CP3 trade. They thought the Knicks were going to buy out Melo. Then they thought the Knicks were stupid, "no leverage and desperate", yeah ight

They weren't even talking about trading for Melo when they made the CP3 deal.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/15/2017  11:09 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

The clippers definitely made a play for Melo awhile they were still chasing the playoffs last season. All the fallout from CP3 leaving happened later. Doc himself said Austin wasnt untouchable, doesn't need a rumor to see that Melo wasn't enough value to pull the trigger.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knickoftime

7/15/2017  11:13 AM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yes they did.

Nobody is suggesting Houston didn't prioritize Paul over Melo. That isn't what this is about.

You initially argued Houston had the cap room just to sign Paul outright, which isn't even close to accurate. When that proved wrong you moved onto Houston should have made a smarter Paul trade so they'd still have an asset or two left over for Melo, as if the Clippers, who just signed Griffen to a massive deal, had some motivation to take Ryan Anderson back. They didn't. At all. Even less than the Knicks, who apparently are drawing the line at him too.

Paul was Houston's #1 priority. They HAD to give up what they did to get him. And again, they had to buy two players to satisfy CBA requirements just to do it.

They prioritized Melo less, no argument, maybe even thinking they could sign him after a buyout. But to suggest they could have gotten Paul if they were stingier or pushed Anderson on them just doesn't match up with the facts.

EnySpree

7/15/2017  1:05 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2017  1:07 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yes they did.

Nobody is suggesting Houston didn't prioritize Paul over Melo. That isn't what this is about.

You initially argued Houston had the cap room just to sign Paul outright, which isn't even close to accurate. When that proved wrong you moved onto Houston should have made a smarter Paul trade so they'd still have an asset or two left over for Melo, as if the Clippers, who just signed Griffen to a massive deal, had some motivation to take Ryan Anderson back. They didn't. At all. Even less than the Knicks, who apparently are drawing the line at him too.

Paul was Houston's #1 priority. They HAD to give up what they did to get him. And again, they had to buy two players to satisfy CBA requirements just to do it.

They prioritized Melo less, no argument, maybe even thinking they could sign him after a buyout. But to suggest they could have gotten Paul if they were stingier or pushed Anderson on them just doesn't match up with the facts.

Ok I was wrong about the full 20 plus mil...

But the rest I'm certain I am not. Morey is thought of as a guru... but he didn't do this right. He could have gotten Melo and CP3 by now. The Knicks don't want Ryan Anderson for the same reason the clips don't want him. They might habe prioritized cp3.... but the fact is they assumed the Knicks would bend over for them. So far that was a bad gamble.

Btw... are you the same dude from instagram?

Knickoftime

7/15/2017  1:12 PM
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Yes they did.

Ok I was wrong about the full 20 plus mil...

But the rest I'm certain I am not. Morey is thought of as a guru... but he didn't do this right. He could have gotten Melo and CP3 by now. The Knicks don't want Ryan Anderson for the same reason the clips don't want him. They might habe prioritized cp3.... but the fact is they assumed the Knicks would bend over for them. So far that was a bad gamble.

Sorry, that's all baseless assumption. You can't make 2+2=5. All your saying it Houston could have done it if they wanted do, ignoring the facts and the figures.

Thing is, if they want to include Gordon and/or Capella, they probably could today.

They just don't want to... that much.

Btw... are you the same dude from instagram?

I don't have an Instagram account, so I assume no.

Sinix
Member: #7495

7/15/2017  1:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/15/2017  1:16 PM
Melo only wants to go to a team where he knows he can have some sort of authority over management.

That's Houston where him and his buddy Chris Paul can get together and be unified on issues.

That's also Cleveland where him and his buddy Lebron can do the same thing. Dan Gilbert is realizing this and has been cutting the breaks on Lebron's authority.

Also the Knicks where he's been pulling this crap for years.

Notice how he doesn't want to go to a winner like San Antonio where Pop will demand ball movement and defense. And Melo won't have a Chris Paul or Lebron James to be a unified front against a front office there.

Melo's one of these toxic guys that likes to band up with players and tell the front office how to do their jobs. Just think of the story of him screaming at Porzingis for praising the triangle. Melo will only go to a team where he knows he can do this again.

Knickoftime

7/15/2017  1:25 PM
Sinix wrote:Melo only wants to go to a team where he knows he can have some sort of authority over management.

That's Houston where him and his buddy Chris Paul can get together and be unified on issues.

That's also Cleveland where him and his buddy Lebron can do the same thing. Dan Gilbert is realizing this and has been cutting the breaks on Lebron's authority.

Also the Knicks where he's been pulling this crap for years.

Notice how he doesn't want to go to a winner like San Antonio where Pop will demand ball movement and defense. And Melo won't have a Chris Paul or Lebron James to be a unified front against a front office there.

Melo's one of these toxic guys that likes to band up with players and tell the front office how to do their jobs. Just think of the story of him screaming at Porzingis for praising the triangle. Melo will only go to a team where he knows he can do this again.

Okay.

So?

Houston/Morey screwed this Melo trade up

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy