[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Woj: Knicks have paused Melo trade talks.
Author Thread
knickinthehead
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7517

7/14/2017  7:14 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickinthehead wrote:I don't like all this back and forth one minute he's being traded then were not then were trading him but want Melo to be more open to trade options. either trade him or don't but don't toy with the fans.

When exactly have the Knicks cared about fans?

Fans are at the bottom of the totem pole. I'm having my doubts about this being a reset. They are doing the Phil plan do enough to think they want to win now and couple it with a youth movement. This will guarantee just enough wins to miss out on the top picks again. Youth movement gets stunted.

They are halfassing the plan of full on rebuilding.

I rely on Uconn to be my buffer team(although they have been bad for the last 3 years) Jets fan=rough Mets fan--for the most part--rough(every ten years there is some hope) Rangers fan--have been a very decent run franchise for many years sans a 7-8 yr period in early 2000. The Knicks were a great team in the 90'sbut the last twenty have been brutal and have been defined by constant roster flip over and BS which makes it worse. We have an absolute annoying owner who doesnt even try to relate to fans. You wouldve thought he would change even a little but its the same guy--impossible to root for or get behind even though most fans would if he acted even reasonably decent. No fans really care about Carmelo--look at how they turned on him--fans a little more viscous these days but its just an extension of what is. Even KP with that BS end of year --everyone behind him and he flips the bird at the fans. Really at that point I would've taken pick 3 and got an athletic player who wanted to be here without that type of sht. Fans backed up KP there--I hope he realizes that.
But overall the Knicks are good at getting people to buy tickets(or actually their demographics make them lucky) and watch their cable--and thats all they really care about

I like basketball.

I'm not in it for a relationship with the owner, team and players.

I don't relate to them because I have no need to.

Good teams have good owners Yankees fans complained about Steinbrenner when he was alive and kicking but he was an owner that cared a great owner I loved him as the Yankees owner as my teams owner and 6 Championships 7 If you count 2009 when George had Alzheimer.

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/14/2017  7:25 PM
knickinthehead wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
knickinthehead wrote:I don't like all this back and forth one minute he's being traded then were not then were trading him but want Melo to be more open to trade options. either trade him or don't but don't toy with the fans.

Fans are at the bottom of the totem pole. I'm having my doubts about this being a reset. They are doing the Phil plan do enough to think they want to win now and couple it with a youth movement. This will guarantee just enough wins to miss out on the top picks again. Youth movement gets stunted.

I rely on Uconn to be my buffer team(although they have been bad for the last 3 years) Jets fan=rough Mets fan--for the most part--rough(every ten years there is some hope) Rangers fan--have been a very decent run franchise for many years sans a 7-8 yr period in early 2000. The Knicks were a great team in the 90'sbut the last twenty have been brutal and have been defined by constant roster flip over and BS which makes it worse. We have an absolute annoying owner who doesnt even try to relate to fans. You wouldve thought he would change even a little but its the same guy--impossible to root for or get behind even though most fans would if he acted even reasonably decent. No fans really care about Carmelo--look at how they turned on him--fans a little more viscous these days but its just an extension of what is. Even KP with that BS end of year --everyone behind him and he flips the bird at the fans. Really at that point I would've taken pick 3 and got an athletic player who wanted to be here without that type of sht. Fans backed up KP there--I hope he realizes that.
But overall the Knicks are good at getting people to buy tickets(or actually their demographics make them lucky) and watch their cable--and thats all they really care about

I like basketball.

Good teams have good owners Yankees fans complained about Steinbrenner when he was alive and kicking but he was an owner that cared a great owner I loved him as the Yankees owner as my teams owner and 6 Championships 7 If you count 2009 when George had Alzheimer.

Championships 3, 4, 5 and 6 weren't built on a foundation that he could't screw up when he was suspended in the 90s. He also came back and let those teams play without interference. It is known fact he at times considered trading every one of the core 4.

He was much more responsible for the 80s-early 90s and then acquisitions like Giambi, Johnson, Brown and Sheffield.

That's just facts.

As is the fact he was a petty thug.

knickinthehead
Member: #7517

7/14/2017  8:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/14/2017  8:15 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
knickinthehead wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I like basketball.

Championships 3, 4, 5 and 6 weren't built on a foundation that he could't screw up when he was suspended in the 90s. He also came back and let those teams play without interference. It is known fact he at times considered trading every one of the core 4.

He was much more responsible for the 80s-early 90s and then acquisitions like Giambi, Johnson, Brown and Sheffield.

That's just facts.

I don't know if I buy that he may have been suspended but he was pulling the strings from behind the scenes mesa thinks...

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

7/14/2017  8:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/14/2017  8:54 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
TheGame wrote:If there was a good trade to be had with clev or Houston the Knicks would have already done it. Hold on the Anthony, develop the young guys and trade him at the deadline if a decent deal comes up. I honestly think Melo will opt out next summer. It is better to try Nd get a long term deal when you are 34 as opposed to being 35.

You honestly think Melo will walk away from money? ROTFLMAO

Push/Pull here.

Melo was born on May 29, 1984

He's 33 right now. IF he opts out next year, he'll be 34 hitting FA

The new "Over 38" rule prevents players from signing 4 to 5 year deals if they turn "38" BEFORE October 1st of any year within the range of time the contract covers.

Melo has a better chance to get a maximum length year deal at 34, than he will trying to get a 3 year deal at 35. Also not seeking the longer term deal earlier means a potential injury risk ( his poor conditioning and age are going to be factors here) could tank his chance at one last big payday.

Depends on the marketplace conditions next season. If Melo gets hurt this year, on ANY TEAM and hurt badly enough to miss portions of early next season, he opts in. If the landscape looks like the cap is going to start choking out the next 2-3 years, good chance he opts out if he can find a handshake 4 year deal and take a lower AAV for longer term security of a 4 year deal versus a 2 year deal.

His opting out isn't totally an outrageous possibility. But it would have to be for a four year deal.

The trick to this is he's probably going to burn out his "ring chasing" years in any four year deal, if it's not a true contender.

Money or winning, he's always picked money. One benefit he does have is since he's offensively complete, he can shoot the three ball and even on the edge of nothing at the very very end of his career, he can MAYBE ring chase as a bench gunner. The problem is going to be what Ray Allen faced, his defense eroded to the point where he was going to give up more points than the three ball prowess would give a team. Melo is already a lazy/deficient defender. Given more age and likely more injuries, his bench gun value will also decline.

In any union/labor fight, you have to give to get. So that Chris Paul and Melo and LBJ could benefit from this Over 38 Rule ( there is no reason why it needed to shift from the Over 36 Rule) odds are, as power players in the NBAPA, they had to sacrifice something in trade for the good of all other players, esp fringe players and younger players, who get hit the hardest in these labor wars. Melo isn't just a selfish player on the court, he likely burned out a majority of the NBAPA so he could try to get one last big deal.

Leopard doesn't change his spots. Wait, a leopard will actually exert max effort to chase down his food. Why would Melo do that. He'd just blame the gazelle for not limping enough for him to leisure over and eat him.

If Melo should get credit for one thing, it's being consistent.

He won't exert any effort to be a team basketball player. Ever.

He won't sacrifice any portion of his game for the greater good of winning. Ever.

He won't treat the name on the front of the jersey as more important as the one on the back. Ever.

He's consistently a toxic element, a coach killer and represents the worst aspects of professional athletes who seem to care more about their celebrity than being a true professional.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/14/2017  9:04 PM
knickinthehead wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
knickinthehead wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Vmart wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

I like basketball.

That's just facts.

I don't know if I buy that he may have been suspended but he was pulling the strings from behind the scenes mesa thinks...

Nope, if you actually lived through it and also read what books exist on it, the team changed the way it operated on a dime. There was a distinctly different way the team was run.

Woj: Knicks have paused Melo trade talks.

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy