[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
Paris907
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6099
USA
9/22/2017  6:29 PM
I am confused. So many of us have openly stated that we would give up Melo for little and ivensaidnd teade him for a tuna sandwich just to get him off the team. I think if we move Melo it’s Portland agreed. So, trade Melo for Swanigan yes!!! I love an enforcer and he can bound and score. But who else. Probably not Collins as they want to build with him and I do like Harkless. And a second? Sure. But do the numbers work? I wanna throw Lee in but he too makes money so tell me how the numbers work cuz we don’t have enough spots for Portland to just backup the truck for Brand Melo (or is it Hoodie Melo?)
AUTOADVERT
reub
Member: #6227

9/22/2017  6:37 PM
I hope you're right. I'd be happy just with Harkless. I'd be happy just with Swanigan and a pick. If we get all of the above it would be a great deal.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/22/2017  7:41 PM
reub wrote:I hope you're right. I'd be happy just with Harkless. I'd be happy just with Swanigan and a pick. If we get all of the above it would be a great deal.

I know you know Swanigan is a great passer. Last year during the CBB year I said he reminded me of Willis Reed. I have to think Phil was high on him--almost a perfect guy for the team as a third big for the long term. Add in the burgeoning Harkless--you wont get a better deal than that.

RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/22/2017  7:59 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:I hope you're right. I'd be happy just with Harkless. I'd be happy just with Swanigan and a pick. If we get all of the above it would be a great deal.

I know you know Swanigan is a great passer. Last year during the CBB year I said he reminded me of Willis Reed. I have to think Phil was high on him--almost a perfect guy for the team as a third big for the long term. Add in the burgeoning Harkless--you wont get a better deal than that.

You guys got me curious about Swanigan, found this...

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2017/09/countdown_to_trail_blazers_training_camp_caleb_swa.html

Outlook: It's hard for late first round picks to garner much buzz prior to their NBA debuts, but Caleb Swanigan has the hype train running full steam after an impressive showing at NBA summer league in July. Swanigan was one of the top performers in Las Vegas, averaging 16.1 points and 10.6 rebounds while recording six double-doubles in eight games with the Summer Blazers. He has the high-energy, complementary game that will help him get onto an NBA floor early in his career and his play during summer league showed that he has the skills to potentially be an impact player right away. Swanigan passed the first test, but the next step is significantly more challenging as he'll go from playing against NBA hopefuls to actual NBA players on a nightly basis. The No. 26 overall pick will have a chance to fight for minutes as a backup power forward and could potentially see time at center thanks to his strength and massive wingspan. Swanigan enters a crowded front court where he will battle Al-Farouq Aminu, Noah Vonleh, Ed Davis, Meyers Leonard and fellow rookie Zach Collins for playing time. The Rip City fan base is more than ready for "Biggie" to be part of the regular rotation. He'll get a month of training camp to convince Portland's coaching staff that he deserves that shot.

If he keeps playing like that in camp, I would be surprised if the Blazers would give up that kind of production on a rookie deal. Id be impressed if Perry could manage that. Harkless has to become a more consistent defender, can Swanigan defend?

GustavBahler

9/22/2017  8:48 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/22/2017  8:48 PM
Vonleh is going to miss the first two weeks of the season with a bad shoulder. His rookie contract is almost up. I could see the Blazers maybe giving up Vonleh, if it looks like he's expendable, so they don't have to pay him big bucks.

Its why I doubt that anything would happen with the Blazers until the first trade deadline. So they can have a look at their younger players. They're going to be in cap hell for the next few years, if they dont start paring down their payroll.

TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

9/22/2017  11:35 PM
Moonangie wrote:Harkless, Crabbe and picks for Melo?

Could happen today if we're lucky!

Melo is not going to waive his NTC to go to a gutted team.

Any trade where Leonard STAYS on the Blazers means DEPTH has to go out to make a salary match work.

The point of getting Melo is to make a hard push. You can't make a hard push if you gut your depth. It's one step forward and two steps back.

Turner and Leonard have to come to the Knicks in any Melo deal. I'm not saying this is a deal I'd want, I'm saying it's all the Blazers would likely offer plus something else ( likely a pick or two, but not Swanigan nor Collins) Melo has to be seen as a RENTAL for the Blazers, so they will only pay a rental price.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/22/2017  11:46 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Moonangie wrote:Harkless, Crabbe and picks for Melo?

Could happen today if we're lucky!

Melo is not going to waive his NTC to go to a gutted team.

Any trade where Leonard STAYS on the Blazers means DEPTH has to go out to make a salary match work.

The point of getting Melo is to make a hard push. You can't make a hard push if you gut your depth. It's one step forward and two steps back.

Turner and Leonard have to come to the Knicks in any Melo deal. I'm not saying this is a deal I'd want, I'm saying it's all the Blazers would likely offer plus something else ( likely a pick or two, but not Swanigan nor Collins) Melo has to be seen as a RENTAL for the Blazers, so they will only pay a rental price.

Portland isn't on his list at this point ad he controls that. There is speculation that he increased the number of teams on his list to get the Rockets to up their offer. More teas trying to get Melo s a good thing. The teams n his list don't have first rounders to trade but at least there is some competition for the rockets.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

9/23/2017  2:47 AM
CrushAlot wrote:There is speculation that he increased the number of teams on his list to get the Rockets to up their offer. More teas trying to get Melo s a good thing. The teams n his list don't have first rounders to trade but at least there is some competition for the rockets.

More teams only mean more situations for a complicated "fit"

Melo is an expensive "luxury" player for teams making a push. They'll do it if they can shed bad contracts or essentially non assets for a rental. But these teams will not gut their depth to do it. There's no point in pushing when you rob yourself of the actual push (i.e. people here saying for the Rockets to trade Trevor Ariza in a Melo deal. How does that make sense? You need DEFENSE to beat the Warriors, you don't start robbing more defense, to take in a net negative defender to make the team better...)

He doesn't play defense.
He doesn't play team basketball
He's aging and a potential injury risk
He's a coach killer
He makes so much that a salary match is difficult
He won't go to a gutted team, and no team will gut itself for him

Knick HAVE to take in at least one bad long term contract to make a Melo deal work. There is no way around it. There's no way to make the salaries match and have him waive his NTC to do it. Even if he waives his trade kicker, the Knicks will need to absorb a bad contract to make the deal work.

Knicks can take a bad contract and an asset
Or get nothing and let him poison Zinger for a year or two

Media day is coming up and hopefully he'll be traded by then. Good riddance honestly. F**k this guy. And this GOES FOR ANY KNICK PLAYER WHO DOESN'T PLAY WITH MAX EFFORT TO TRY TO WIN. Any player like that, f**k them and the horse they rode in on, they don't deserve to wear that beloved jersey.

Paris907
USA
9/23/2017  5:52 AM
Hi perhaps this works. :

Melo and Lee to Cavs for Shump/Love and Cavs first
Then flip Love and OQuinn for Caleb Swanigan/Harkless and their 1st
$42mm Off our payroll and 2 First picks plus youth - having 3 First picks going into next lottery could yield a top 5 pick.

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/23/2017  9:09 AM
Paris907 wrote:Hi perhaps this works. :

Melo and Lee to Cavs for Shump/Love and Cavs first
Then flip Love and OQuinn for Caleb Swanigan/Harkless and their 1st
$42mm Off our payroll and 2 First picks plus youth - having 3 First picks going into next lottery could yield a top 5 pick.

I think everyone wants this to happen.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/23/2017  9:21 AM
Remember the Cavs rejected the Melo for Love swap not long ago? Maybe they've slightly changed their minds and would do a straight swap. It's not impossible. The idea that they changed their minds so much that they'd now include a pick just to make it happen seems crazy though.
Paris907
USA
9/23/2017  9:43 AM
Given that Irving isn’t there, they may prefer keeping Love and make Crowder expendable.
Sure it may be all fluff as Melo gave Perry the list of expansion over a week ago.
If OKC, Ferguson and Abrines need to be part of the youth equation. Abrines, a 6’6” sharpshooter from spain, was 2017 ranked # 74. Kanter, whose contract expires in a year, comes in to make #s work.
GustavBahler

9/23/2017  9:56 AM
Paris907 wrote:Given that Irving isn’t there, they may prefer keeping Love and make Crowder expendable.
Sure it may be all fluff as Melo gave Perry the list of expansion over a week ago.
If OKC, Ferguson and Abrines need to be part of the youth equation. Abrines, a 6’6” sharpshooter from spain, was 2017 ranked # 74. Kanter, whose contract expires in a year, comes in to make #s work.

If thats true that Melo expanded his list a week ago, then the Cavs making a point of saying in public last week that they have no plans to trade Love might hold water.

Sometimes teams say one thing and do another, but to say that at the same time they are talking to the Knicks, seems to lean in favor of Love staying in Cleveland.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

9/23/2017  10:50 AM
TripleThreat wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:There is speculation that he increased the number of teams on his list to get the Rockets to up their offer. More teas trying to get Melo s a good thing. The teams n his list don't have first rounders to trade but at least there is some competition for the rockets.

More teams only mean more situations for a complicated "fit"

Melo is an expensive "luxury" player for teams making a push. They'll do it if they can shed bad contracts or essentially non assets for a rental. But these teams will not gut their depth to do it. There's no point in pushing when you rob yourself of the actual push (i.e. people here saying for the Rockets to trade Trevor Ariza in a Melo deal. How does that make sense? You need DEFENSE to beat the Warriors, you don't start robbing more defense, to take in a net negative defender to make the team better...)

He doesn't play defense.
He doesn't play team basketball
He's aging and a potential injury risk
He's a coach killer
He makes so much that a salary match is difficult
He won't go to a gutted team, and no team will gut itself for him

Knick HAVE to take in at least one bad long term contract to make a Melo deal work. There is no way around it. There's no way to make the salaries match and have him waive his NTC to do it. Even if he waives his trade kicker, the Knicks will need to absorb a bad contract to make the deal work.

Knicks can take a bad contract and an asset
Or get nothing and let him poison Zinger for a year or two

Media day is coming up and hopefully he'll be traded by then. Good riddance honestly. F**k this guy. And this GOES FOR ANY KNICK PLAYER WHO DOESN'T PLAY WITH MAX EFFORT TO TRY TO WIN. Any player like that, f**k them and the horse they rode in on, they don't deserve to wear that beloved jersey.

You’ve been reading to much NYC media garbage. The knicks do not have to take a bad contract for melo heck they don’t even have to trade him. I can tell you two things one we are not taking on bad contracts otherwise Ryan Anderson would be a knick, two melo is still super valuable to a team making a playoff push like okc or the blazers who have to match up vs cupcakes and the golden boys .

Be prepared for youth movement or melo here for one more year. If all we could get for melo is bad contracts then melo is here to stay. But I have a feeling one of those teams is going to pony up!

TLover
Member: #381
USA
9/23/2017  11:24 AM
Agree Knicks will not take back a burdensome contract, which includes Kevin Love (unless they can move him to a 3rd team - maybe blazers- Love grew up in Oregon)

Best trade would be to get that Nets pick from Cavs. Which can tough bc after Lebron leaves they need that pick to rebuild.
But Cavs can use that pick without giving up Love to get Melo.

Ideal Knick trade for Melo that works $ wise:

Shumpert
Jefferson
Frye
Osman
Nets #1 pick

A lot to give up for a player that will probably stay for one year but could also be the last piece to challenge the warriors for a championship. The Cavs owner may want one more run then sell the team.

Pg: I.Thomas, D.Rose
Sg: JR
Sf: Lebron
Pf: Melo, Crowder
C: Love, Thompson

reub
Member: #6227

9/23/2017  12:46 PM
TLover wrote:Agree Knicks will not take back a burdensome contract, which includes Kevin Love (unless they can move him to a 3rd team - maybe blazers- Love grew up in Oregon)

Best trade would be to get that Nets pick from Cavs. Which can tough bc after Lebron leaves they need that pick to rebuild.

Shumpert
Jefferson
Frye
Osman
Nets #1 pick

A lot to give up for a player that will probably stay for one year but could also be the last piece to challenge the warriors for a championship. The Cavs owner may want one more run then sell the team.

Love is a burdensome contract? Smh.
His WS48 was .163 last season. That's better than two Melos.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
9/23/2017  1:01 PM
TLover wrote:Agree Knicks will not take back a burdensome contract, which includes Kevin Love (unless they can move him to a 3rd team - maybe blazers- Love grew up in Oregon)

Shumpert
Jefferson
Frye
Osman
Nets #1 pick

CAVS will never move that #1 pic because unless LeBron opts in, the team next year could lose the likes of LeBron, Melo, IT.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy