[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
WaltLongmire
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5843

9/20/2017  10:08 PM
Beasley not unlike Anthony in how he plays the game...both good and bad. Melo obviously has the gravitas as a "star," but I look at their old school ISO game similarities, and I wonder if Beasley was brought in as a replacement for someone who can do the kinds of things Anthony can do.

We will see.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
AUTOADVERT
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/21/2017  12:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/21/2017  12:39 PM

Reshaping The Knicks: Agility Plus Intuition Required
COMPANYSPORTS
Everything starts with a strong foundation, the Knicks’ new general manager writes, but flexibility is crucial, too.

BY SCOTT PERRY

(Photo: Rebecca Taylor/MSG Photos)

At first blush, the NBA is a league of stars, big and strong, flashy long-range shooters, high jumpers, everyone moving at breakneck speed. It may seem at times like a game celebrating the individual over team, a giant skills competition.

That, however, is an illusion.

Peel back the veneer, and you’ll find something else, a game where none of that razzle dazzle stuff happens without someone emerging from a crowd under the boards to pull down a hard-fought rebound, without players who can read the whole court and find the open man, without a group hungry to play stalwart defense.

Thirty years in basketball, along the coaching lines and in the front office, have taught me that these ideas are timeless. Now, having just become Knicks GM, I’m convinced they are the foundation for long-term success.

There are no shortcuts. Reshaping the Knicks as a championship contender will be a step-by-step process, and along the way, the plan will demand patience, as our young core of Kristaps Porzingis, Tim Hardaway Jr., Willy Hernangómez, Frank Ntilikina and Ron Baker mature.

But allow me to add a twist.

I don’t view my job as an either-or proposition. A general manager — especially in today’s world of free agency and player movement — must always have his antenna up for all possibilities. That requires a kind of agility mixed with intuition.

For instance, a free agent may come along who, you calculate, will give you a boost but doesn’t fit your long-term strategy. So you pass on him.

But let’s say there’s a player we’ve identified from the beginning, and he comes our way earlier than expected. And let’s say that his presence will help us develop our young players even more. That might be the moment to act.

Indeed, as time goes by, a solid foundation will actually help you be more flexible, readier to seize upon an unexpected opportunity.

Learning From Struggle

People have told me I’m a good listener, an instinct honed over three college coaching jobs and as an executive in the NBA with Detroit, Seattle, Orlando and Sacramento. My father, Lowell, deserves most of the credit. He was an All-American collegian who moved from professional football to the broadcast booth and into business, always blazing many trails for African-Americans.

I was impressed by the way my father gave of himself, managing to see each person he encountered as an individual. He was kind, but always direct. Perhaps people see a trace of that in me.

Knicks players and coaches will find that I am demanding and yet empathetic. Most people overcome adversity to achieve success, and I try to appreciate the player’s perspective. Playing quarterback in high school in Detroit, I was blindsided and suffered a compound fracture of my right arm. I can still recall the pain, and I have a screw in there as a souvenir.

If there was a watershed moment for me during that time, it was that injury. It made me more empathetic, and it actually made me a better and smarter basketball player.

For one thing, it made me better with my left hand, and overall it spurred me on to work on my body more rigorously, to understand the importance of strength.

More profoundly, years later as a college coach, when I was recruiting and developing young men from all different backgrounds, I could recognize the struggles and obstacles they were confronting. I suppose I became wise for my age.

A Contest of Wills

From the beginning, I’ve been around a lot of people with good basketball minds. Growing up, there were always coaches and people smart about sports coming in and out of the house, invited over by my father. And I’ve gleaned so much from the coaches, scouts and other general managers I’ve had the opportunity to work with in the NBA. Their wisdom on how to bring a group of young men together has stuck with me.

The Knicks team I envision is filled with players who lift one another’s game — a goal that animated the discussions I had with Knicks president Steve Mills both before and after I came aboard.

Talent is crucial, but talent without will won’t get you far. If my team’s makeup is to attack all loose balls and win that battle more than our opponent, only then will I be satisfied. That’s the kind of club I want to construct, the sort of team I’d pay to watch.

I want us to set a standard. I want us to put our stakes in the ground and say, “this is our culture.”

Latest blog from our frontman in this Journey

Looks like he is preparing us for an impending move. Si?

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

9/21/2017  12:38 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

COMPANYSPORTS
Everything starts with a strong foundation, the Knicks’ new general manager writes, but flexibility is crucial, too.

BY SCOTT PERRY

At first blush, the NBA is a league of stars, big and strong, flashy long-range shooters, high jumpers, everyone moving at breakneck speed. It may seem at times like a game celebrating the individual over team, a giant skills competition.

Peel back the veneer, and you’ll find something else, a game where none of that razzle dazzle stuff happens without someone emerging from a crowd under the boards to pull down a hard-fought rebound, without players who can read the whole court and find the open man, without a group hungry to play stalwart defense.

Thirty years in basketball, along the coaching lines and in the front office, have taught me that these ideas are timeless. Now, having just become Knicks GM, I’m convinced they are the foundation for long-term success.

There are no shortcuts. Reshaping the Knicks as a championship contender will be a step-by-step process, and along the way, the plan will demand patience, as our young core of Kristaps Porzingis, Tim Hardaway Jr., Willy Hernangómez, Frank Ntilikina and Ron Baker mature.

I don’t view my job as an either-or proposition. A general manager — especially in today’s world of free agency and player movement — must always have his antenna up for all possibilities. That requires a kind of agility mixed with intuition.

For instance, a free agent may come along who, you calculate, will give you a boost but doesn’t fit your long-term strategy. So you pass on him.

But let’s say there’s a player we’ve identified from the beginning, and he comes our way earlier than expected. And let’s say that his presence will help us develop our young players even more. That might be the moment to act.

Indeed, as time goes by, a solid foundation will actually help you be more flexible, readier to seize upon an unexpected opportunity.

Learning From Struggle

People have told me I’m a good listener, an instinct honed over three college coaching jobs and as an executive in the NBA with Detroit, Seattle, Orlando and Sacramento. My father, Lowell, deserves most of the credit. He was an All-American collegian who moved from professional football to the broadcast booth and into business, always blazing many trails for African-Americans.

I was impressed by the way my father gave of himself, managing to see each person he encountered as an individual. He was kind, but always direct. Perhaps people see a trace of that in me.

Knicks players and coaches will find that I am demanding and yet empathetic. Most people overcome adversity to achieve success, and I try to appreciate the player’s perspective. Playing quarterback in high school in Detroit, I was blindsided and suffered a compound fracture of my right arm. I can still recall the pain, and I have a screw in there as a souvenir.

If there was a watershed moment for me during that time, it was that injury. It made me more empathetic, and it actually made me a better and smarter basketball player.

For one thing, it made me better with my left hand, and overall it spurred me on to work on my body more rigorously, to understand the importance of strength.

More profoundly, years later as a college coach, when I was recruiting and developing young men from all different backgrounds, I could recognize the struggles and obstacles they were confronting. I suppose I became wise for my age.

A Contest of Wills

From the beginning, I’ve been around a lot of people with good basketball minds. Growing up, there were always coaches and people smart about sports coming in and out of the house, invited over by my father. And I’ve gleaned so much from the coaches, scouts and other general managers I’ve had the opportunity to work with in the NBA. Their wisdom on how to bring a group of young men together has stuck with me.

The Knicks team I envision is filled with players who lift one another’s game — a goal that animated the discussions I had with Knicks president Steve Mills both before and after I came aboard.

Talent is crucial, but talent without will won’t get you far. If my team’s makeup is to attack all loose balls and win that battle more than our opponent, only then will I be satisfied. That’s the kind of club I want to construct, the sort of team I’d pay to watch.

I want us to set a standard. I want us to put our stakes in the ground and say, “this is our culture.”

Latest blog from our frontman in this Journery

Can't get my hopes up, especially after this summer lol.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
9/21/2017  12:43 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

COMPANYSPORTS

BY SCOTT PERRY

Learning From Struggle

A Contest of Wills

Latest blog from our frontman in this Journey

Can't get my hopes up, especially after this summer lol.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
9/21/2017  12:51 PM
So if the SAC Kings improve big time and make playoffs, and the Knicks, Scott perry should be Exec of the year for effective work for two franchises!!!

Third team would be awesome!!! And the stealth mode would demonstrate a level of professionalism not seen here in a long time!!!
I suppose they are expecting big things from THjr!!

KP needs a girl friend. I think KP would see Abby Hornacek as a nice peace offering from Jeff to mend the fence.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/21/2017  5:44 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/21/2017  5:53 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Love the "before he accepts a deal to Portland" part, if its true. Means Perry held out for something better.

I dont blame Melo for trying to get the best deal he can, go to his favorite destination. But he could make a nice life for himself (and his family*) in Portland.

Yes, his wealth can afford him a nice life anywhere, but this area would be a nice change of pace for him, if he gave it a chance. Also has a team trying real hard to get him to go there. Best of both worlds.

*Yes I understsnd thats in flux.

GustavBahler

9/21/2017  5:56 PM
Nalod wrote:So if the SAC Kings improve big time and make playoffs, and the Knicks, Scott perry should be Exec of the year for effective work for two franchises!!!

Third team would be awesome!!! And the stealth mode would demonstrate a level of professionalism not seen here in a long time!!!

KP needs a girl friend. I think KP would see Abby Hornacek as a nice peace offering from Jeff to mend the fence.

Nalod of course never had any daydreams of Ms. Hornacek...

Nalod
USA
9/21/2017  6:33 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:So if the SAC Kings improve big time and make playoffs, and the Knicks, Scott perry should be Exec of the year for effective work for two franchises!!!

Cute kid, I have a daughter that age. She is the embodiment of the american blond from a privileged background.
That makes here a sort of caricature pf the american ideal. Tall, blond, small waist, big bust.......
KP from a small "humble" country and her, its a story guys!!!!
Thats my take. I suppose "gustvabahler" has his own. She is a pretty girl. I can admire, but daydreaming about "barbie" is not on my list.
Nalod
USA
9/21/2017  6:35 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Love the "before he accepts a deal to Portland" part, if its true. Means Perry held out for something better.

I dont blame Melo for trying to get the best deal he can, go to his favorite destination. But he could make a nice life for himself (and his family*) in Portland.

Yes, his wealth can afford him a nice life anywhere, but this area would be a nice change of pace for him, if he gave it a chance. Also has a team trying real hard to get him to go there. Best of both worlds.

*Yes I understsnd thats in flux.

His family not moving to portland. Melo gonna have to burn some NetJet miles. Two

GustavBahler

9/21/2017  6:40 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Cute kid, I have a daughter that age. She is the embodiment of the american blond from a privileged background.
That makes here a sort of caricature pf the american ideal. Tall, blond, small waist, big bust.......
Thats my take. I suppose "gustvabahler" has his own. She is a pretty girl. I can admire, but daydreaming about "barbie" is not on my list.

Yes of course. What father wouldn't want a middle aged man posting a suggestive picture of their daughter on the internet? No creepier than admitting that the young woman is attractive.

Gudris
Member: #6213

9/21/2017  6:51 PM
I think Melo is ready to go to Portland, but they are holding until last moment and hoping maybe Houston can find 3rd team to make a deal
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/21/2017  6:59 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
9/21/2017  7:04 PM
What does Portland have to offer for Melo?
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
USA
9/21/2017  7:09 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Yes of course. What father wouldn't want a middle aged man posting a suggestive picture of their daughter on the internet? No creepier than admitting that the young woman is attractive.

Those are your thoughts. DOn't know why you question my motive here. You look a the picture, not what I said?
Jeff and KP don't get a long, He has a celebrity pretty daughter. KP has been public about his affection for a certain Croation model, it was funny stuff. Harmless.
But what ever. Maybe my point was not communicated well, or perhaps your the ****ing church lady painting me as a perv and thats your joy.
GustavBahler

9/21/2017  7:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/21/2017  7:20 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Those are your thoughts. DOn't know why you question my motive here. You look a the picture, not what I said?
Jeff and KP don't get a long, He has a celebrity pretty daughter. KP has been public about his affection for a certain Croation model, it was funny stuff. Harmless.
But what ever. Maybe my point was not communicated well, or perhaps your the ****ing church lady painting me as a perv and thats your joy.

Not saying you are a perv Nalod. I am saying that bringing up family right after posting a pic like that seems rather hypocritical. You're the one who started fanning yourself upon the prospect of admitting that Ms. Hornacek was easy on the eyes.

Nalod
USA
9/21/2017  7:28 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Not saying you are a perv Nalod. I am saying that bringing up family right after posting a pic like that seems rather hypocritical. You're the one who started fanning yourself upon the prospect of admitting that Ms. Hornacek was easy on the eyes.

bought up family because you mentioned the "Daydreaming" crack and you apparently don't understand what a "Caricature" and where I was going.
If you have kids, and your not a perv yourself, then you understand.
If not, then your projecting what you know on others.
We can do this all night if you want, but yeah, when I say I have a daughter that age its insinuates that Im not "Lusting".
If your a last word kind of guy, well then we'll be at this a long time.
The mature thing in a friendly chat site is not make insinuations.
Im good, are you?

GustavBahler

9/21/2017  7:35 PM
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Nalod wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

bought up family because you mentioned the "Daydreaming" crack and you apparently don't understand what a "Caricature" and where I was going.
If you have kids, and your not a perv yourself, then you understand.
If not, then your projecting what you know on others.
We can do this all night if you want, but yeah, when I say I have a daughter that age its insinuates that Im not "Lusting".
If your a last word kind of guy, well then we'll be at this a long time.
The mature thing in a friendly chat site is not make insinuations.
Im good, are you?

Yes, either you have a family or you are a perv. You can post endless pictures of young women in various states of undress, but dare not suggest that these pictures affect you in any way. Because you have a family. Bitch please.

Gudris
Member: #6213

9/22/2017  7:57 AM
Jason McIntyre of Fox Sports 1 provided a similar report, adding that Anthony would accept a deal to the Portland Trail Blazers as a last resort.
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

9/22/2017  8:32 AM
Harkless, Crabbe and picks for Melo?

Could happen today if we're lucky!

Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy