[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
9/7/2017  8:50 AM
Detroit remains the most logical 3rd team.

To Houston: Melo, C Randle
To NY: T Harris, Leuer, 2020 Houston 1st
To Detroit: Anderson, Ariza

Detroit does this to add 2 starters who fit well in Ariza and Anderson. They need outside shooting and improved defense and Ariza provides both, while Anderson is a familiar face for Stan Van Gundy and is a true stretch 4. With Ariza and Bradley, their defensive identity is completely revamped. No doubt this makes them a better team. Anderson is a bad contract, but so is Leuer, who they get rid of.

For the Knicks, taking back Leuer hurts, but they do this deal for Harris and the pick. Harris is a NY product and essentially a 25 year old poor man's Melo. He is the type of young player we need in a Melo deal.

AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/7/2017  9:16 AM
Knixkik wrote:Detroit remains the most logical 3rd team.

To Houston: Melo, C Randle
To NY: T Harris, Leuer, 2020 Houston 1st
To Detroit: Anderson, Ariza

Detroit does this to add 2 starters who fit well in Ariza and Anderson. They need outside shooting and improved defense and Ariza provides both, while Anderson is a familiar face for Stan Van Gundy and is a true stretch 4. With Ariza and Bradley, their defensive identity is completely revamped. No doubt this makes them a better team. Anderson is a bad contract, but so is Leuer, who they get rid of.

For the Knicks, taking back Leuer hurts, but they do this deal for Harris and the pick. Harris is a NY product and essentially a 25 year old poor man's Melo. He is the type of young player we need in a Melo deal.

Leuer is actually a very good player. He'd make the team better for sure.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

9/7/2017  2:50 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
TLover wrote:Bucks need shooting and get rid of a contract like Henson hence the following trade proposal that works numbers wise:

Rockets get: Melo & John Henson

Bucks get: Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, & Kyle O'Quinn

Knicks get: Jabari Parker, Greg Monroe (expiring), 4 non-guarantee contracts from Rockets.

Problem is, Rockets have shown no indication they are willing to move Gordon.

We actually have no idea who the Rockets and Knicks have talked about player wise, all we know is what the media assume they're talking about and it's mostly assuming.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/7/2017  3:01 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
TLover wrote:Bucks need shooting and get rid of a contract like Henson hence the following trade proposal that works numbers wise:

Rockets get: Melo & John Henson

Bucks get: Ryan Anderson, Eric Gordon, & Kyle O'Quinn

Knicks get: Jabari Parker, Greg Monroe (expiring), 4 non-guarantee contracts from Rockets.

Problem is, Rockets have shown no indication they are willing to move Gordon.

We actually have no idea who the Rockets and Knicks have talked about player wise, all we know is what the media assume they're talking about and it's mostly assuming.

No.

The same sources that have told us they've talked have made it clear Anderson is at the center of it and on the Knicks side why they aren't interested. Nobody has mentioned Gordon.

If we're to assume none of that matters, then that the Knicks and Houston have been engaged at all is also not verified.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/8/2017  11:42 PM
Currently, the situation around Anthony in New York has come to a standstill. With the Portland deal off the table, some teams have expressed interest in helping to facilitate a deal that sends Anthony to Houston. The Detroit Pistons have been mentioned in a trade framework that would send Long Island native Tobias Harris to New York and reunite sharpshooting power forward Ryan Anderson with Pistons head coach Stan Van Gundy. Talks around this potential deal have yet to gain significant traction, though a source indicated that Knicks president Steve Mills recently had dinner in New York with Harris.
http://www.hoopsinquirer.com/2017/09/uncertainty-behind-carmelo-anthonys-future/
Also, I haven't listened to Woj's current pod but it sounds like he is asking about the blazers as a destination for Melo.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
9/9/2017  7:59 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Currently, the situation around Anthony in New York has come to a standstill. With the Portland deal off the table, some teams have expressed interest in helping to facilitate a deal that sends Anthony to Houston. The Detroit Pistons have been mentioned in a trade framework that would send Long Island native Tobias Harris to New York and reunite sharpshooting power forward Ryan Anderson with Pistons head coach Stan Van Gundy. Talks around this potential deal have yet to gain significant traction, though a source indicated that Knicks president Steve Mills recently had dinner in New York with Harris.
http://www.hoopsinquirer.com/2017/09/uncertainty-behind-carmelo-anthonys-future/
Also, I haven't listened to Woj's current pod but it sounds like he is asking about the blazers as a destination for Melo.

The Pistons giving up Harris to get Anderson?!
CrushAlot
USA
9/9/2017  8:54 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I would think Detroit would be getting the first round pick from Houston in that scenario.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/9/2017  11:22 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I would think Detroit would be getting the first round pick from Houston in that scenario.

Is that allowed? That Mills can have dinner with Harris? Harris will be a FA in 2 seasons and is from NY. He could be planning on a coming home arraignment. Possible he has or will let Detroit know he won't resign when he is a FA.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/9/2017  11:42 AM
Any team that takes Anderson is likely going to demand at least one first round draft pick. They know that Anderson is the lynchpin to this deal.
CrushAlot
USA
9/9/2017  12:49 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Is that allowed? That Mills can have dinner with Harris? Harris will be a FA in 2 seasons and is from NY. He could be planning on a coming home arraignment. Possible he has or will let Detroit know he won't resign when he is a FA.

I am not sure if it is allowed. I also don't know if hoopsinquirer is a reliable source. I added them to my twitter when the Melo thing seemed like it was going to happen.
CrushAlot
USA
9/9/2017  2:26 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
I had a chance to listen to the Woj/Lowe podcast. Both guys said Portland really wants Melo. They also said they don't think there is anyway Melo opts out of 27.3 mil next year. Woj said there is no path for Houston to acquire Melo.
GustavBahler

9/9/2017  2:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

https://www.blazersedge.com/2017/9/9/16279574/carmelo-anthony-trade-rumors

Woj: This is a great September conversation, because, right, free agency's done. Everyone's waiting for camp to start. Carmelo is unlikely to be moved.

Lowe: We should talk about Carmelo. We can talk about Carmelo.

Woj: Let's talk about Carmelo. Houston right now just does not have a pathway to do a direct deal with New York based on what New York wants. Melo has not really waived the no-trade, he's not really open... maybe that happens. I think New York is hoping he opens this up. Portland would love for Melo to open this up.

Lowe: I think Portland... I mean you, you've been on the nose about Portland ahead of everybody but I think Portland wants Melo like way... like even more than people... like Portland, really really wants to get Melo.

Woj: It fits, I mean it really fits for them. I mean it really fits, obviously McCollum and Lillard and Nurkic who... I saw a photo of him the other day and I was talking to some Portland folks like, "he looks great. like lost weight." That's what they wanted him... get in shape. He's playing for... it's a contract year for him. Perfect. And you saw how good he was. They were tremendous with him after that trade. And you plug Melo into that team. And again, a team... that's the blueprint, right? They go out and draft two all-star level guards at, let's see, 6 and 10, right? 6 and 10 from Weber State and Lehigh. Neil Olshey picks those guards. The Nurkic deal, which, last year, it was funny... How many actual... this is a separate thing but... think of how few actual basketball trades there are anymore. Where somebody is trading a comparable player at a comparable position because we think our guy fits better with us than... It's like how trades used to be. There are almost no trades anymore. Every trade is built off somebody's lost leverage. They have to either.. they are either getting money off or somebody's taking on an asset for you know like the Chicago - New Orelans deal the other day for Pondexter, right?. They got paid cash, a decent 2nd round pick... because New Oreleans is creating space. That Nurkic - Plumlee deal was like, it was like a basketball trade. Like Denver had reasons to make the move and they thought maybe Plumlee could fit better with Jokic. And Nurkic and Mike Malone weren't great. Anyway, that deal, like, there aren't many of them, that was one of them. But Portland, you slide Carmelo in there... and again, free agency, guys aren't dying to go to Portland, Oregon. They're just not. And like a lot of other markets, but.... Carmelo for them puts them (garbled) it depends who would they give up. Like, they have some picks they could give. They'd be a really good team with him.

Lowe: They could also be the 5th seed.

Woj: But that's a pretty big jump. I mean, that's a pretty good team.

Lowe: It's where there were two years ago.

Woj: Yeah.

Lowe: I just, I mean... like Jeff Van Gundy said this, I was hoping to save it for our annual pre-season podcast. But like none of this matters.

Woj: (laughter) I know none of this matters. I know.

Lowe: The Warriors are just going to destroy everybody and that's it. But Portland, uh... So here's an interesting... I've been dying to ask you about this. So Melo signed his contract in the Summer of 2014 I think the year that LeBron moved. And it has an early termination option for 2018-19. Is it an early termination?

Woj: Mm hmm.

Lowe: For $27.928 million dollars. Looking at it now. When he signed that deal, and then the following year after that, when everybody understood the cap spike that was going to happen and how high the cap would go. There was this sort of like all of these players are going to turn down their options, they're going to re-enter free agency you know as soon as possible. Cash in another big deal. The cap's going to keep going up. The teams are going to, like... If you trade for Carmelo Anthony you have to... I don't know where his head's at but like... Carmelo Anthony probably should not opt out of $27.9 million dollars. Right? I mean like unless he gets... a buyout is a totally different scenario. But if a team like Portland or the Lakers or whoever trades for Carmelo Anthony like you kind of have to assume he's on our books for $28 million dollars for another year, right? I mean I would think so.

Woj: And that's why there are so few teams really interested at the number. Now on a buyout everybody like...

Lowe: Sure.

Woj: Everybody's interested in a buyout. There's not many teams in the league who... But you're right, does he opt out of that contract? I, I don't know how he get's it back.

Lowe: That's a lot of money.

Woj: It's like Dwyane Wade, Dwyane was similar. If Dwyane was not opting out of that money and he may get the buyout eventually but for him to not opt out of that $23 million?

Lowe: Do you think there is any chance that Carmelo doesn't report for training camp if he is still with the Knicks?

Woj: A few people have brought that up.

Lowe: That's why I asked.

Woj: I, I guess there's always a chance. But I would say that the idea of Melo taking a fine every day. And it's going to cost you money if you do that. I would think he's less apt to do that than other guys would. But, if he were to open up his no-trade to more teams and they still couldn't find a deal, I think then you can say, "Ok, like you guys haven't done your part". But when your no-trade is really with one team, Houston for the most part. It's harder.

Kemet
Member: #6148

9/9/2017  3:23 PM
Why is it taking so long to trade this so-call super-star that i did not want on the Knicks in 2010 ???
Training camp will be starting soon ............
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

9/9/2017  3:43 PM
Kemet wrote:Why is it taking so long to trade this so-call super-star that i did not want on the Knicks in 2010 ???

Are you genuinely unaware of his no trade clause and trade kicker, or are you just pretending you are for effect?

Welpee
Member: #6239

9/9/2017  3:45 PM
Kemet wrote:Why is it taking so long to trade this so-call super-star that i did not want on the Knicks in 2010 ???
If you really don't know there's not much I can tell you.
GustavBahler

9/9/2017  5:02 PM
Looks like they're casting a very wide net, if this pans out. Sounds like they are worried about the lack of backcourt experience. If Frank isnt ready to start, Sessions has never been a full time starter, and you want him to hold up for the entire season. Baker would be a better choice IMO. He's already played with most of the starters. Did a good job moving the ball. Just has to hit his shots, and do a better job of taking advantage of opportunities to score.

Doubt Jack is the answer as a starter, or off the bench.

https://mobile.twitter.com/IanBegley/status/905887751077335042

The Knicks have the aging veteran Ramon Sessions, the rookie Frank Ntilikina, and the wildly overpaid Ron Baker to play the point this season, all on guaranteed deals. Not thrilling options, but that’s your point guard core (with maybe some Chasson Randle in the mix, too, although his salary is not guaranteed until the first day of training camp, Sept. 26).

But they could add another guard for training camp and Ian Begley of ESPN threw out some interesting names.

Some w/NYK, including members of coaching staff, liked Goodwin, per sources. Some w/NYK view Trey Burke, Jarrett Jack as potential FA adds https://t.co/u5wN6P4DD2
— Ian Begley (@IanBegley) September 7, 2017

Jack is a good veteran but is coming off multiple knee surgeries, the latest of which was last March after he had gotten a 10-day contract with the Pelicans. Burke washed out in Washington as a backup point guard after he had not panned out for Utah, either.

The Knicks are fairly set at both guard spots — Tim Hardaway Jr. and Courtney Lee will split the bulk of the time at the two — but they are looking for guys for camp. New York has 14 guaranteed roster spots, if Randle is there when camp opens it’s 15 and there are no more openings.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
9/9/2017  5:12 PM
Teams will already know the Knicks will be willing to simply waive Meli-- so why would anyone offer a deal that's reasonable
RIP Crushalot😞
GustavBahler

9/9/2017  5:21 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Teams will already know the Knicks will be willing to simply waive Meli-- so why would anyone offer a deal that's reasonable

Portland might believe that if Melo opts out after this season with the Knicks, he will probably go to a team that is closer to contending. Melo comes to Portland now, they have a decent chance to keep him with a generous offer. If the season goes well for the Blazers.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/9/2017  6:27 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yeah we are getting way overcompensated, but I like the fit of Anderson on that team. Again I just don't see any trade scenario with Houston and the Knicks. If Anderson had 2 years on his deal maybe but 3 makes him immovable without multiple unprotected picks
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
9/9/2017  7:12 PM
Last I checked you need to go to the Finals to win a championship. Portland with Melo is a 4,5 out West. Houston more competitive but no cigar. Wanna go to the Finals ? Sign with Cavs. Get a 1st round pick and flip Love out to PORTLAND FOR SOME youth a pick and talent. Plus with Crowder, and LBJ Melo's defensive liabilities will be absorbed.
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy