Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:I have a feeling that melo will be moved for Kevin love they are just waiting on wade to join the cavs and melo will say yes.
Thompson
Melo
Lbj
Wade
Thomas

If healthy that team wins the chip plus a top 4 pick to land a future star center next year... with lebron buddies around he retires a cav Dan Gilbert's wet dream

And for the knicks love inserts right next to kp. two outside threats one a rebounding machine the other a blocking machine.this also gives Willy the control of the second unit big off the bench that the offense can flow through next year .

KP,oquin
Love,Willy
Beasley,Thomas
Thjr,Lee
Frank,baker

I don't know why but I think the cavs are trying to squeeze baker in the deal as a back up pg they've been missing since dilly. Hence why we have been looking into signing jack .

With wade at shooting guard what does melo bring to the table
at PF superior to love?

Rebounding?

3pt shooting?

Defense?

Size?

Are the cavs better served with thomas, wade and James by a better isolation mid rage scorer?

Real question is who dose lebron prefer, he's running the show, love is good but his numbers are blown up from lebron. Melo is the superior talent on offense,regardless of what statistical bs there is. If you watched the chip this year the cavs were missing a melo one that could create his own shots plus lebron,melo,wade are banana boat brothers they've probably talked about playing together for quite some time.

Between Thompson,lebron,melo,wade I don't see rebounding being a issue

With Thomas and melo,Korver,jr I don't see three point shooting being a issue.

Melo is a bad defensive 3 but he actually is a pretty darn good defensive 4 and you better believe LBJ holds melo accountable on defense.

If you think lebron wants to play with love over melo your crazy. I just don't see any connection with love and LBJ as a matter of fact I believe they don't get along . Lebron knows he will make melo the best player melo can be.

THE REAL QUESTION IS WOULD WE WANNA TAKE ON LOVE who has a AWEFUL CONTRACT and is injury prone . what kinda player would we really be getting in return since his numbers are made easy by playing alongside lebron. I know he's a rebounding machine but he's not going to get half the open looks and easy shots he got playing alongside LBJ.

Also, Love has chronic back issues.

The hope would be we could then move Love to another team for something better than what we can get for Melo (because Love doesn't have a no trade clause).

Do people understand that Melo and LBJ are good friends? Why do you think Melo has ruled out the Cavs? Melo is not going to the Cavs to then have to worry about being on a ****ty team rebuilding, once again, in just one year. Hate to tell everyone but he is going to Houston. And we are taking on Anderson.

If that happens, then it was never about business, it was all personal. Mills would have officially sabotage the future.

1 extra season of Ryan Anderson sabotages our future? Seriously?

But why take it on at all when it isn't necessary?

You don't need Ryan Anderson for zero years of melo. He's completely superfluous at a cost of $22m in 2019-20.

Man, we've gone through this. Anderson is good. It depends on what else Houston throws in.
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
8/26/2017  5:21 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Nalod wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:I have a feeling that melo will be moved for Kevin love they are just waiting on wade to join the cavs and melo will say yes.
Thompson
Melo
Lbj
Wade
Thomas

If healthy that team wins the chip plus a top 4 pick to land a future star center next year... with lebron buddies around he retires a cav Dan Gilbert's wet dream

And for the knicks love inserts right next to kp. two outside threats one a rebounding machine the other a blocking machine.this also gives Willy the control of the second unit big off the bench that the offense can flow through next year .

KP,oquin
Love,Willy
Beasley,Thomas
Thjr,Lee
Frank,baker

I don't know why but I think the cavs are trying to squeeze baker in the deal as a back up pg they've been missing since dilly. Hence why we have been looking into signing jack .

at PF superior to love?

Rebounding?

3pt shooting?

Defense?

Size?

Are the cavs better served with thomas, wade and James by a better isolation mid rage scorer?

Real question is who dose lebron prefer, he's running the show, love is good but his numbers are blown up from lebron. Melo is the superior talent on offense,regardless of what statistical bs there is. If you watched the chip this year the cavs were missing a melo one that could create his own shots plus lebron,melo,wade are banana boat brothers they've probably talked about playing together for quite some time.

Melo is a bad defensive 3 but he actually is a pretty darn good defensive 4 and you better believe LBJ holds melo accountable on defense.

If you think lebron wants to play with love over melo your crazy. I just don't see any connection with love and LBJ as a matter of fact I believe they don't get along . Lebron knows he will make melo the best player melo can be.

THE REAL QUESTION IS WOULD WE WANNA TAKE ON LOVE who has a AWEFUL CONTRACT and is injury prone . what kinda player would we really be getting in return since his numbers are made easy by playing alongside lebron. I know he's a rebounding machine but he's not going to get half the open looks and easy shots he got playing alongside LBJ.

The hope would be we could then move Love to another team for something better than what we can get for Melo (because Love doesn't have a no trade clause).
Do people understand that Melo and LBJ are good friends? Why do you think Melo has ruled out the Cavs? Melo is not going to the Cavs to then have to worry about being on a ****ty team rebuilding, once again, in just one year. Hate to tell everyone but he is going to Houston. And we are taking on Anderson.
If that happens, then it was never about business, it was all personal. Mills would have officially sabotage the future.
Don't like Mills. Think he is an Ivy League ass kisser. Corporate spider. That said. He has a vision (Stolen from Phil) of the team being young and more team oriented. All wearing tight shorts, two hand chest passing team players running a system developed in the 30's. That said, he is in charge and has the right to build his vision the way he (Phil) sees fit. But seriously... donr have a problem with a guy in charge doing things his way. Dolan put him in charge. Got to give him a chance. Just don't think the NBA will ever have 5 guys with average talent playing good ole team ball that will win a chip.

"stole from Phil?"
What about "Continued a turn around"? Isn't that what we all want, Continued culture?

What was he like before Phil? Committed to a youth movement? And its not a put down to say someone has learned from.past experiences. Btw, It's only a turn around if it succeeds. Yes, the young movement is the only way to go when things have gone to ****. But we did that before when we had Gallo, Chandler and others. That did not make us a compettve playoff team. And yes, I don't like sleazy Ivy league ass kissers. (Which he is) His biggest asset with Dolan. While goinf young and resetting is only choice, I just don't have any faith in his ability to lead a "Turn Around" As he has too much of that Dolan slime still all over him. Guys like that never get any true respect.

There are some serious differences from the Gallo, Chandler days. For one thing there's much more of a commitment to developing the young talent we have. Also I think this crop of young talent fits better together and has more upside.

I think the overall vision is clearer now. Phil did serve a purpose in helping Mills to see how he wants the team to be built. He's taken some of what Phil showed him and added some tweaks to that vision. Mills is obviously not as rigid in his thinking and that flexibility is already showing in how he's handling things. I would expect less drama and a more smooth operating Front Office from here on.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/26/2017  6:20 PM
Nalod wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Thompson
Melo
Lbj
Wade
Thomas

KP,oquin
Love,Willy
Beasley,Thomas
Thjr,Lee
Frank,baker

at PF superior to love?

Rebounding?

3pt shooting?

Defense?

Size?

Don't like Mills. Think he is an Ivy League ass kisser. Corporate spider. That said. He has a vision (Stolen from Phil) of the team being young and more team oriented. All wearing tight shorts, two hand chest passing team players running a system developed in the 30's. That said, he is in charge and has the right to build his vision the way he (Phil) sees fit. But seriously... donr have a problem with a guy in charge doing things his way. Dolan put him in charge. Got to give him a chance. Just don't think the NBA will ever have 5 guys with average talent playing good ole team ball that will win a chip.

"stole from Phil?"
What about "Continued a turn around"? Isn't that what we all want, Continued culture?

I am not sure what you mean by continuing the culture. If you mean don't trade picks, I agree. If you mean collect fringe guys that will comply with anything to stay in the league then I disagree. The locker room 'culture' was not good last year. One guy asked to be released. The future star player skipped his exit meeting and wouldn't answer his coach's texts. I am hoping that some things change before opening night. If they dont I am really concerned that last years culture will continue.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/26/2017  6:32 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Thompson
Melo
Lbj
Wade
Thomas

KP,oquin
Love,Willy
Beasley,Thomas
Thjr,Lee
Frank,baker

at PF superior to love?

Rebounding?

3pt shooting?

Defense?

Size?

You don't need Ryan Anderson for zero years of melo. He's completely superfluous at a cost of $22m in 2019-20.

Man, we've gone through this. Anderson is good. It depends on what else Houston throws in.

Read mills blog post. Read everything he's said the last few months.

The Knicks are rebuilding. THEY know they aren't a playoff team, some fans just don't realize it.

Annnnd... they haven't made the trade.

The Knicks don't want Anderson, because the Knicks know they are rebuilding and can't use Anderson. That's why the Knicks don't have Anderson.

That's about as straight a line as you can draw.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/26/2017  7:15 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Thompson
Melo
Lbj
Wade
Thomas

KP,oquin
Love,Willy
Beasley,Thomas
Thjr,Lee
Frank,baker

at PF superior to love?

Rebounding?

3pt shooting?

Defense?

Size?

The Knicks are rebuilding. THEY know they aren't a playoff team, some fans just don't realize it.

The Knicks don't want Anderson, because the Knicks know they are rebuilding and can't use Anderson. That's why the Knicks don't have Anderson.

I didn't say they wanted Anderson. It's clear they don't. It does not appear that they want anything they can for Melo or want Melo back.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/26/2017  7:19 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Thompson
Melo
Lbj
Wade
Thomas

KP,oquin
Love,Willy
Beasley,Thomas
Thjr,Lee
Frank,baker

at PF superior to love?

Rebounding?

3pt shooting?

Defense?

Size?

I didn't say they wanted Anderson. It's clear they don't. It does not appear that they want anything they can for Melo or want Melo back.

You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes well you might find
You get what you need
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
9/1/2017  10:55 PM
Saw this on Clutchfans.

And this guy was active back when it appeared Melo was going to the Rockets. Not sure if there is anything to this. I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

9/2/2017  6:27 AM
Pistons because Anderson was once a Magic player once under Stan.
dacash
Member: #1179

9/2/2017  10:25 AM
when it happens I'll believe it. then I'll do a little dance
this has gone in too damn long.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

9/2/2017  10:42 AM
nyknickzingis wrote:Pistons because Anderson was once a Magic player once under Stan.

Forgot about that. That's right, they do have a history. Im good either way on Melo being traded in the offseason. Just no panic moves Perry.....please!

Makes me wonder what the Knicks would get, and how long their deals run?

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/2/2017  12:04 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Pistons because Anderson was once a Magic player once under Stan.

tobias harris would be nice

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
9/2/2017  1:02 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

Harris wont happen. But makes sense for Pistons. I got to check out how they can make salaires match.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
smackeddog
Member: #883
9/2/2017  3:20 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

Reggie Jackson would not be

reub
Member: #6227

9/2/2017  3:44 PM
We're stuck with Melo.
Go Melo!
KP4Life
Member: #6117
USA
9/2/2017  4:36 PM
Harris would be the perfect replacement for melo, and hes only 25, but I doubt they give him to us for melo, who would Pistons take? Anderson and Trevor Ariza? Kind of a crappy return.
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
9/2/2017  4:52 PM
Flaming hit Melo rumors every month!
GustavBahler

9/5/2017  6:35 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2017  6:39 PM
Still on his rookie deal. Parker would be a nice get, injuries and all.

From Yahoo...

Carmelo Anthony trade talks between the Rockets and Knicks are still going nowhere.

But with Anthony’s welcome worn out in New York, the teams keep searching for a third to facilitate a deal – like the Bucks, who have Jabari Parker.

Ian Begley of ESPN:

The Knicks have told people around the league recently that Houston simply doesn’t have anything that appeals to them.
The Milwaukee Bucks emerged as a potential third team at one point, per league sources, but there was no traction toward a deal.
One name that came up in those (very) preliminary talks? Bucks forward Jabari Parker, per league sources.
Maybe, after two ACL injuries, Parker’s value has fallen enough that he could be included in an Anthony trade. But Parker is just entering the fourth year of his rookie-scale contract, and he’s in line to become a restricted free agent next summer. Milwaukee can be patient with him.

Houston probably must trade Ryan Anderson to send out enough salary to get Anthony, and nobody wants Anderson. Some vague ideas of Parker might interest New York, but what gets the Bucks on board?

Anthony will likely begin the season with the Knicks, and it seems he’s preparing himself accordingly.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

9/5/2017  8:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 9/5/2017  8:03 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Still on his rookie deal. Parker would be a nice get, injuries and all.

From Yahoo...

Carmelo Anthony trade talks between the Rockets and Knicks are still going nowhere.

But with Anthony’s welcome worn out in New York, the teams keep searching for a third to facilitate a deal – like the Bucks, who have Jabari Parker.

Ian Begley of ESPN:

The Knicks have told people around the league recently that Houston simply doesn’t have anything that appeals to them.
The Milwaukee Bucks emerged as a potential third team at one point, per league sources, but there was no traction toward a deal.
One name that came up in those (very) preliminary talks? Bucks forward Jabari Parker, per league sources.
Maybe, after two ACL injuries, Parker’s value has fallen enough that he could be included in an Anthony trade. But Parker is just entering the fourth year of his rookie-scale contract, and he’s in line to become a restricted free agent next summer. Milwaukee can be patient with him.

Houston probably must trade Ryan Anderson to send out enough salary to get Anthony, and nobody wants Anderson. Some vague ideas of Parker might interest New York, but what gets the Bucks on board?

Anthony will likely begin the season with the Knicks, and it seems he’s preparing himself accordingly.

How many lottery picks do we have to give up, Parker averaged 20 a game last year. First off we would be forced to take Monroe thats a given but why would the Bucks want Anderson. They wouldnt so why bother
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
GustavBahler

9/5/2017  8:32 PM
Jmpasq wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Still on his rookie deal. Parker would be a nice get, injuries and all.

From Yahoo...

Ian Begley of ESPN:

How many lottery picks do we have to give up, Parker averaged 20 a game last year. First off we would be forced to take Monroe thats a given but why would the Bucks want Anderson. They wouldnt so why bother

Damn, IDK. I know Briggs would just hate it if a Monroe were a Knick. I know I say this about every team in this scenario, but I believe O'Quinn would be a great fit in Milwaukee. Kidd would appreciate his ability to move the ball, find teammates.

I wouldn't want to see the Knicks give up any first round picks on a one year rental, but for a second rounder, maybe. Maybe Kuz as well? Haven't hit the trade checker in a while. Dont know exactly whats needed to make it work. But those players might interest him. Kuz has looked good in Europe this summer.

You're right, it still comes down to Anderson's killer contract. These GMs cant figure it out, so there is no easy answer to make that deal happen. Still fun trying...

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

9/5/2017  9:05 PM
Parker and Henson plus all of Houston's non guaranteed contracts work for me.... I'd need a first round pick from The Bucks and Houston.

Bucks getting Anderson to replace a bad contract in Henson and the injury risk in Parker.

Houston gets Melo

The end

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy