[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/24/2017  11:27 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:we aren't getting the Nets pick. In the paper I saw the possibility of the Cavs pick, Shump, and Crowder when he is able to be traded... I would take that deal

No, its Melo, Noah and the rights to Milos Vujanic for:

Shump
Crowder
Net's pick

Melo is destined to play with JR smith not just the rest of his natural life, but for all eter"Nitty"!!!!!!

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

8/24/2017  11:40 AM
Nalod wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:we aren't getting the Nets pick. In the paper I saw the possibility of the Cavs pick, Shump, and Crowder when he is able to be traded... I would take that deal

Shump
Crowder
Net's pick

Melo is destined to play with JR smith not just the rest of his natural life, but for all eter"Nitty"!!!!!!

You have a significant math problem here.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/24/2017  1:41 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Shump
Crowder
Net's pick

You have a significant sarcasim detection problem......
or,
you have no idea the contract demands of Milos Vujanic!!!!

Knickoftime

8/24/2017  1:49 PM
Nalod wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Shump
Crowder
Net's pick

You have a significant sarcasim detection problem......
or,
you have no idea the contract demands of Milos Vujanic!!!!

The former, clearly.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

8/24/2017  10:43 PM
Melo left off season ticket program hahahahahahaha hoodie melo just isn't that good anymore
Zebo13
Member: #6434
USA
8/25/2017  12:03 AM
Nalod wrote:

Shump
Crowder
Net's pick

Hahahaha, best post I've seen to date on this site.

dwiley20
Member: #5755

8/25/2017  6:37 AM
Nalod wrote:
dwiley20 wrote:Love shumpert and the nets unprotected 1st round pick im doing that asap

That deal sounds crazy!!! Sees too one sided don't you think??? I mean c'mo, your not at all rooted in reality!
I don't sign off on that deal at all!
Not until they agree t take Noah's contract too!! THEN its a bit more even!!!

Well caveliers just raped the Celtics in their Tradw

Gudris
Member: #6213

8/25/2017  7:02 AM
fitzfarm wrote:Melo left off season ticket program hahahahahahaha hoodie melo just isn't that good anymore

i hope this means he is gone asap
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/25/2017  9:16 AM
Gudris wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:Melo left off season ticket program hahahahahahaha hoodie melo just isn't that good anymore

That such a retarded PR move....He's still on the team, he's your best player, and all though it's about the future, the casual fan doesn't know who the hell frank and willy are..lol

That's like having a concert and putting the least known artist on the front of the flyer.

cmon, when he's gone that's when you could eliminate him form everything..smh

ES
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/25/2017  9:50 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
Gudris wrote:

That such a retarded PR move....He's still on the team, he's your best player, and all though it's about the future, the casual fan doesn't know who the hell frank and willy are..lol

That's like having a concert and putting the least known artist on the front of the flyer.

it's Knicks season tickets not Melo season tickets.... we don't need to market Melo to sell fans on season tickets.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/25/2017  9:52 AM

Would have been smarter IMO to include him. Send Melo the message that the Knicks will take this as far as he does, even if it means bringing him back. Unless he expands his wish list.

jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
8/25/2017  10:24 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

Would have been smarter IMO to include him. Send Melo the message that the Knicks will take this as far as he does, even if it means bringing him back. Unless he expands his wish list.

He could throw out the NTC entirely and who's going to give us value back? We apparently have a FO which isn't going to just take back crap and shihitty draft picks to dump Melo. And I haven't heard anything sounding like a buyout is back in the works.

Hoodie melo isn't very photogenic.

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

8/25/2017  10:27 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

truthfully it doesnt seem like there is much interest from anybody except Houston even if he did expand the wishlist
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/25/2017  10:57 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

truthfully it doesnt seem like there is much interest from anybody except Houston even if he did expand the wishlist

Portland players have been trying to recruit Melo all summer. Dont believe thats the only other team. Its not so much the player, but the killer contract.

CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
8/25/2017  11:05 AM
Thinking about a Melo to Cleveland scenario - a deal could be structured that would allow Melo to collect his entire 8.1 million trade kicker. Perhaps, if he can be convinced that a deal with Houston is impossible, this would be a good alternative?

The deal could be structured as:

Melo
Lee

For

Love
Shump
Frye
Osman
Jefferson
Felder

This deal would allow Melo to collect the full kicker - For trade purposes, the incoming salary to Cleveland would be 46,091,650 and the outgoing salary would be 46,855,809 - So Cleveland would actually save a few $ (760K) against their cap - In real dollars, they'd save $8.8 million in actual salary payments, because the Knicks are the ones who have to pay the kicker - Cleveland has to carry Melo on their cap at the higher salary, but they're only responsible for paying his pre-kicker salary.

A Melo-Love straight up swap may not have been palatable to Cleveland in the past, but perhaps the monetary savings, plus the additional value gained by swapping Shumpert for C.Lee make up for any perceived loss of value from swapping Melo for Love.

From Melo's perspective, he gets an extra $8 million this year and a chance to play for a championship with his buddy. Then he can re-assess at year end. If Lebron indicates he's staying in Cleveland, Melo can either opt in for one more year, or opt out and sign a longer term extension. And if Lebron bolts, Melo can opt in and then try to negotiate a buyout (like Wade did this year), or try to get himself traded.

The Knicks come out of this okay as well - Love can start next to KP or more likely get moved in a separate trade for youth/picks/expirings, either now or at the deadlime. Ditto Shumpert. Frye is an expiring. Osman a decent young piece. Jefferson and Felder (non-guaranteed) probably waived.

Knickoftime

8/25/2017  11:12 AM
CTKnicksfan wrote:Thinking about a Melo to Cleveland scenario - a deal could be structured that would allow Melo to collect his entire 8.1 million trade kicker. Perhaps, if he can be convinced that a deal with Houston is impossible, this would be a good alternative?

The deal could be structured as:

Melo
Lee

For

Love
Shump
Frye
Osman
Jefferson
Felder

This deal would allow Melo to collect the full kicker - For trade purposes, the incoming salary to Cleveland would be 46,091,650 and the outgoing salary would be 46,855,809 - So Cleveland would actually save a few $ (760K) against their cap - In real dollars, they'd save $8.8 million in actual salary payments, because the Knicks are the ones who have to pay the kicker - Cleveland has to carry Melo on their cap at the higher salary, but they're only responsible for paying his pre-kicker salary.

A Melo-Love straight up swap may not have been palatable to Cleveland in the past, but perhaps the monetary savings, plus the additional value gained by swapping Shumpert for C.Lee make up for any perceived loss of value from swapping Melo for Love.

From Melo's perspective, he gets an extra $8 million this year and a chance to play for a championship with his buddy. Then he can re-assess at year end. If Lebron indicates he's staying in Cleveland, Melo can either opt in for one more year, or opt out and sign a longer term extension. And if Lebron bolts, Melo can opt in and then try to negotiate a buyout (like Wade did this year), or try to get himself traded.

The Knicks come out of this okay as well - Love can start next to KP or more likely get moved in a separate trade for youth/picks/expirings, either now or at the deadlime. Ditto Shumpert. Frye is an expiring. Osman a decent young piece. Jefferson and Felder (non-guaranteed) probably waived.

I think at this stage there's just no indication Cleveland is interested in a Melo for love swap.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/25/2017  11:35 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Portland players have been trying to recruit Melo all summer. Dont believe thats the only other team. Its not so much the player, but the killer contract.

Nola players have also been trying to recruit Melo. The guy has a NFC and says he will only go to one team. That probably has something to do with the amount of interest out there.

Rockets article today about how the Kyrie trade might drive up the price for Melo. I will try to post the link later.

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

8/25/2017  11:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/25/2017  11:41 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Nola players have also been trying to recruit Melo. The guy has a NFC and says he will only go to one team. That probably has something to do with the amount of interest out there.

Rockets article today about how the Kyrie trade might drive up the price for Melo. I will try to post the link later.

Possibly but even these teams are looking at melo as their second or third guy so they probably wouldnt give up a lot anyhow
knicks1248
8/25/2017  11:51 AM
EnySpree wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Gudris wrote:

it's Knicks season tickets not Melo season tickets.... we don't need to market Melo to sell fans on season tickets.

then why put any player up there, just put the logo?

ES
knicks1248
8/25/2017  11:55 AM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

are you kidding me, no one is even going to call if he already stated he only wants the rockets, Portland and the thunder showed interest, and who knows who else. If he waived that ntc the knicks would have atleast 20 offers

ES
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy