newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
7/10/2017  1:44 PM
jrodmc wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:MDA's worst nightmare scenario coming to fruition. Maybe CP3 can keep Melo in check.
From The Dream Shake blog article.
Last year for the Knicks, Melo scored 22.4 points per game with 36 percent shooting from deep. He grabbed fewer than 6 rebounds a game, the first time he averaged less than a half-dozen since he was 21. He was playing for a moribund organization and an executive who tried to make his life miserable, and he still put up 22-6-3. He’s better than he showed, still. The concerns over his ball-stopping are real, but for the Rockets, he’d have Harden and CP3 creating offense for him, and he just needs to shoot. He could be the power forward version of Klay Thompson, and he’d be great at it.
https://www.thedreamshake.com/2017/7/8/15942494/nba-trade-rumors-carmelo-anthony-rockets

It's the perfect fit for him. Now they have to make it work for our knicks

For Melo it would be a great fit. For the Rockets I don't see it. You are regulating him to be a 30 mil spot up shooter. To give Melo more responsibility would be to take the ball out of Paul and Hardens hands and into Melo's which isn't recommended since they are more efficient scorers and better playmakers. The ideal fit is Shawn Marion type. Who gets you rebounds, blks, stls, guards multiple positions. A player who does all those things but maybe can't create his own offense to well. Which is where Paul and Harden come in to get him open 3s which statistically would round out his game. Could backfire big time if Melo isn't happy with his role.

Though what I can see with the Rockets is that Melo has one year less then Anderson and a player option next offseason. That they try it out, if it doesn't work Melo probably opts out and the clear that cap space. Melo probably opts out regardless to capitalize on the new market salaries for his last big multi year contract.

As pro-Melo as a I am, I do not see, even in this deranged contract world and the cap basement levels, how he gets a big multiyear contract at this point in his career. Unless he just goes back to DadMelo this season and starts putting up much higher assist numbers with all these yoots... and that happens to mean something to some other franchise besides ours...

I think he could pull 2-3 yrs 15-20 mil per in this new market if he opts out after this season. If he waits until after the last year of this deal. He will be 35 and if he gets injured knock on wood in that final year. Then he would be done in terms of earnings.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/10/2017  1:50 PM
NYKBocker wrote:
Wow. Thanks. I wonder who else the Knicks are getting back. Harkless makes around 10 mil. There is about 16 mil left over.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/10/2017  1:59 PM
Where is that Tsakanikas dude getting his information from?
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/10/2017  2:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:
Wow. Thanks. I wonder who else the Knicks are getting back. Harkless makes around 10 mil. There is about 16 mil left over.

Dear God!!!! Please!

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/10/2017  2:12 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Exactly.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/10/2017  2:13 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

I would be happy with this type of return...a young player who has been improving and a #1.

Do we have to balance the worth in a 3 way trade? Not sure how this works.

Addition by subtraction, and we can get the rebuild going without Melo being a distraction, on and off the court.

Harkless just turned 24, had his best year last season, and to add some sweetener he's a local Queens boy who played college ball at St. Johns.

Given the competition in the West, and Portland #1 could be a late lottery pick, too.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

7/10/2017  2:17 PM
Hopefully that source is not just taking a guess like that other guy was a few days ago. I would be very happy with that return
WaltLongmire

7/10/2017  2:19 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
NYKBocker wrote:

Exactly.

Might still be other players...Is it possible that Harkless is the one we feel we have to have coming back, and the others will be decided later?

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
StarksEwing1

7/10/2017  2:22 PM
This is like the most drawn out trade ever lol. I wont believe it til its done. However getting Harkless, a 1st,and cap room would make me happy for the first time in a while
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/10/2017  2:23 PM
Harkless has an OK contract. If we're getting him and a #1 that's great but I hope we aren't getting a bad contract too.
StarksEwing1

7/10/2017  2:27 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Harkless has an OK contract. If we're getting him and a #1 that's great but I hope we aren't getting a bad contract too.
Supposedly Mills doesn't want any bad contracts coming back and he vetoed the ryan Anderson proposed trade which is probably why they needed to get a third team
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

7/10/2017  2:29 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:Harkless has an OK contract. If we're getting him and a #1 that's great but I hope we aren't getting a bad contract too.
Supposedly Mills doesn't want any bad contracts coming back and he vetoed the ryan Anderson proposed trade which is probably why they needed to get a third team

Smart!

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/10/2017  2:30 PM
Why would Portland trade a #1 and Harkless for Ryan Anderson?
There has to be lots more involved.
StarksEwing1

7/10/2017  2:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/10/2017  2:31 PM
ekstarks94 wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Smart!

Its common sense really. Mills is suppose to be a money guy but I'm still not sold on him being a basketball guy. I'm still not happy with the hardaway contract but if we save cap money on this trade it at least softens the blow
WaltLongmire

7/10/2017  2:36 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Why would Portland trade a #1 and Harkless for Ryan Anderson?

Stretch 4...have they had a good one? Might be fit, as much as anything else.

Just looked at their roster...they don't have a guy with the consistency Anderson has shown in the past.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/10/2017  2:44 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Why would Portland trade a #1 and Harkless for Ryan Anderson?

Stretch 4...have they had a good one? Might be fit, as much as anything else.

Just looked at their roster...they don't have a guy with the consistency Anderson has shown in the past.

That's still not the issue.

They are in cap hell. Even if they actually wanted Anderson for their rotation, they can't just take him and send Harkless out.

HAS to be more.

y2zipper
Member: #3287

7/10/2017  2:51 PM
I don't like the hardaway contract either but I understand the rationale.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with a 3rd team. I don't see how it gets done unless NY either takes a bad contract or gives up a minor asset so they don't have to. Houston has basically got 10 million or so in unguaranteed deals too, but maybe they move Ariza and Anderson to Portland, Portland moves a number one and stuff to the Knicks and the Knicks move Carmelo to Houston.

So Portland gets Anderson and Ariza for Harkless, a number one and filler.
Houston gets Melo for Ariza, getting rid of Anderson and non-guaranteed deals.
Knicks get Harkless, the non-guaranteed deals from Houston which they can then cut for space, the Portland 1, and other young players to fill in the money.

Portland does this because they immediately get 2 starting-quality forwards to go with their backcourt and improve their team even with the bad deals they gave to Crabbe and Turner.

New York moves melo for a young player and a number one without taking the bad deal.

Houston gets Melo, who takes the SF spot from a Ariza anyway.

I don't know how the rest works out money-wise but every team has a reason to take that.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
7/10/2017  3:08 PM
Rockets still need Reezy and others to maintain depth.
Harkless, 1st round pick and I hope contracts that are not more than one year is fine.
This is all better than a buyout. NTC and Melo's contract size are all hard to retrieve full value in return.
This team will be starphuch Free for the fist time in a long time. Young hungry players if bought into Hornacek and his brand of ball can be fine.
If we can get a deep roster we can play uptempo and go at teams hard.
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/10/2017  3:11 PM

We'll have to take back more salary- blazers payroll is already sky high, no way they take on andersons 20mil, without shedding at least 20 mil, likely more as they are over the luxury tax

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
7/10/2017  3:16 PM
if Mills pulls off a decent return for Melo, he should get Exec of the Year - even before the season starts!
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy