[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
meloshouldgo
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5801

8/11/2017  10:30 PM
TripleThreat wrote:
Nalod wrote:Not sure whats on the table besides Anderson.

Ryan Anderson, some non guaranteed contract players who will be immediately waived and a heavily protected 1st round pick.

For the sake of "perception", the Rockets might throw in a "phantom 1st Round pick", i.e. a pick with so many conditions that it will essentially convert into two 2nd round picks in three years time.

If the franchises were REVERSED, would you want GM Morey to give up anything but the BARE MINIMUM required by current market forces to get Melo? This is where the Mirror Test is handy, some of you, based on your trade scenarios, would be furious of the franchises were reversed and the Knicks got Melo at the cost of Ariza, Capela and a couple of unprotected 1sts.

The same reasons you wouldn't want the trade if the situation were reversed is the EXACT SAME REASON WHY THE NON KNICKS TEAM WILL NOT MAKE THAT DEAL.

Morey is NOT going to blink. He's just going to wait the Knicks out. If they wont relent, he will move on and try to make a different trade elsewhere. Any trade is only possible with the Rockets with the inclusion of the NGCs in play, those will created a "forced hand" situation as the season starts. At some point, Morey will have to allot guaranteed money of some kind or cut the players himself.

Ryan Anderson, some NGC's, and a heavily protected 1st. That's about all the Knicks will get. Or get nothing.

The longer the Knicks wait, the increased chance Melo gets injured at some point and then they are stuck with him for two more years.

What this is costing the Knicks is Ryan Anderson should be integrating into the offense, his new team mates and the system in place. Delaying the inevitable only makes this harder for the Knicks.

Yes, Anderson is overpaid, but this is the best the Knicks will get. They have no leverage.

WAIT... Knicks are talking about a trade involving Melo and they have no leverage? Why does that sound vaguely familiar?? I have a feeling something like this may have happened before

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
8/11/2017  11:16 PM
The Knicks aren't under any intense pressure to trade Melo. MELO is the one with precious few good years left. If the Knicks decide they can live with him rather than make a bad deal, what's he gonna do?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

8/11/2017  11:45 PM
nixluva wrote:The Knicks aren't under any intense pressure to trade Melo. MELO is the one with precious few good years left. If the Knicks decide they can live with him rather than make a bad deal, what's he gonna do?

He is going to do what he has always done. Create huge drama and play the victim, till enough media pressure builds up and Dolan has a knee jerk reaction. Exactly how many iterations of this do you need to see?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
8/11/2017  11:59 PM
nixluva wrote:The Knicks aren't under any intense pressure to trade Melo. MELO is the one with precious few good years left. If the Knicks decide they can live with him rather than make a bad deal, what's he gonna do?
According to Wojnarowski, the Knicks aren't rushing to deal Anthony. New general manager Scott Perry is open to beginning training camp with Anthony on the roster and will hold out for a package that fits his specific preferences before shipping out the 10-time All-Star. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2017/08/trail_blazers_sleeper_team_to_land_carmelo_anthony.html
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
TripleThreat
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #3997

8/12/2017  5:33 AM
nixluva wrote:The Knicks aren't under any intense pressure to trade Melo.

Are you kidding me?

The Knicks are under INTENSE PRESSURE to trade Melo.

Zinger is a wildcard at this point. People keep saying the Knicks will back up a truck of money and he'll resign no matter what. Yeah, I don't know. Players are figuring out you can still make a ton of money and go where you want to go. Having two more years of Melo freezing him out on the court is not going to help. Ntilikina is a Leon Rose client. Meaning if Melo is going to pass in some rare moment when he's not ball hogging, it's going to be to Frank N.

If he's healthy, he'll likely opt out at the end of the season to try to get the longest possible contract to squeeze under the Over 38 Rule. Chris Paul and Melo are both on the NBAPA executive committee. They worked out the new Over 38 Rule specifically to benefit themselves and LBJ in the near future.

Get something versus get nothing. Try to focus on Zinger as the primary offensive option or drive him insane with Melo's wannabe heroball BS. Have team unity or have a media distraction with Melo dogging it and gutting the Knicks in the press via CAA and his other cronies.

This is like being stuck on the freeway and you need to badly take a dump. You are trying to say, no no, you can wait, just keep waiting, all day, all night, just hold on. Take your time. No, Melo in this scenario is the turd and he needs to get pushed out. The Knicks are feeling their back teeth floating now and need to drop a deuce soon. You are looking at it like it's some kind of option. When it's time to go Code Brown, it's time to let it loose. Sometimes you just have to massacre the Porcelain Castle right now.

"Going to therapy like this, it's like taking a dump" - Tony Soprano

"Some people, they say, it's more like childbirth. The relief of childbirth and the pain involved..." - Dr Jennifer Melfi

"Trust me, it's like taking a dump" - Tony Soprano

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

8/12/2017  1:07 PM
TripleThreat wrote:

Are you kidding me?

Zinger is a wildcard at this point. People keep saying the Knicks will back up a truck of money and he'll resign no matter what. Yeah, I don't know. Players are figuring out you can still make a ton of money and go where you want to go. Having two more years of Melo freezing him out on the court is not going to help. Ntilikina is a Leon Rose client. Meaning if Melo is going to pass in some rare moment when he's not ball hogging, it's going to be to Frank N.

If he's healthy, he'll likely opt out at the end of the season to try to get the longest possible contract to squeeze under the Over 38 Rule. Chris Paul and Melo are both on the NBAPA executive committee. They worked out the new Over 38 Rule specifically to benefit themselves and LBJ in the near future.

Get something versus get nothing. Try to focus on Zinger as the primary offensive option or drive him insane with Melo's wannabe heroball BS. Have team unity or have a media distraction with Melo dogging it and gutting the Knicks in the press via CAA and his other cronies.

This is like being stuck on the freeway and you need to badly take a dump. You are trying to say, no no, you can wait, just keep waiting, all day, all night, just hold on. Take your time. No, Melo in this scenario is the turd and he needs to get pushed out. The Knicks are feeling their back teeth floating now and need to drop a deuce soon. You are looking at it like it's some kind of option. When it's time to go Code Brown, it's time to let it loose. Sometimes you just have to massacre the Porcelain Castle right now.

"Some people, they say, it's more like childbirth. The relief of childbirth and the pain involved..." - Dr Jennifer Melfi

Confirmed. What everyone here has known for quite some time....Your full of SHIT!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
8/12/2017  2:28 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
TripleThreat wrote:

Are you kidding me?

Confirmed. What everyone here has known for quite some time....Your full of SHIT!

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

8/12/2017  3:08 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
According to Wojnarowski, the Knicks aren't rushing to deal Anthony. New general manager Scott Perry is open to beginning training camp with Anthony on the roster and will hold out for a package that fits his specific preferences before shipping out the 10-time All-Star. 

http://www.oregonlive.com/blazers/index.ssf/2017/08/trail_blazers_sleeper_team_to_land_carmelo_anthony.html
thats the smart move. As much as i want melo gone i dont want to take back a ****ty return just to appease melo...those days are over
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

8/12/2017  5:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/12/2017  5:23 PM
http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9tnn533

This trade works seems like a way better deal for us

Gudris
Member: #6213

8/12/2017  6:14 PM
fitzfarm wrote:http://www.espn.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=y9tnn533

How it is possible add 3 extra players on knicks roster ?

CrushAlot
USA
8/12/2017  6:25 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

thats the smart move. As much as i want melo gone i dont want to take back a ****ty return just to appease melo...those days are over
sh*** returns or appeasing Melo?
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/12/2017  6:25 PM
Gudris wrote:

Just for an example, Knicks likely would waive Davis, waive randle for Collins and then kuz, Beasley and the Portland guy fight it out for the last spot.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

8/12/2017  6:26 PM
Gudris wrote:

Wouldn't it decline on the trade machine if it wouldn't work. Also we can release Randal if we have to

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

8/12/2017  6:37 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

sh*** returns or appeasing Melo?
neither. Look i understand that the return wont be great but im not taking ryan anderson back just to get the trade over with
reub
Member: #6227

8/12/2017  7:15 PM

You could never get Collins even up for Melo. Pass down whatever you've been smoking.

reub
Member: #6227

8/12/2017  7:18 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

He is going to do what he has always done. Create huge drama and play the victim, till enough media pressure builds up and Dolan has a knee jerk reaction. Exactly how many iterations of this do you need to see?

He's like the boy who cried wolf too many times. No one is going to feel sorry for him anymore. He knows he has to go because he burned all his bridges here. If he adds Portland to his list he'll get his wish.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

8/12/2017  7:23 PM
Only person desperate for the trade to go through is Melo.... the keeping Melo will only be for another year. Her cab stay and play or sit at home in exile. Either way it doesn't hurt the Knicks. He'll opt out and we save 24 million. The Knicks will every single time on this deal.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
USA
8/12/2017  7:29 PM
EnySpree wrote:Only person desperate for the trade to go through is Melo.... the keeping Melo will only be for another year. Her cab stay and play or sit at home in exile. Either way it doesn't hurt the Knicks. He'll opt out and we save 24 million. The Knicks will every single time on this deal.
I don't think he is desperate enough to go any place but Houston. He missed out on being a free agent with Wade and LBJ in 2010. I think he wants to make sure he doesn't miss out on playing with them again. I also think he would go to the Cavs if LBJ said he would stay. I think Houston or bust for Melo. I would love if he said he would go to Portland. A bidding war would be nice.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/12/2017  8:16 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/12/2017  8:16 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:Only person desperate for the trade to go through is Melo.... the keeping Melo will only be for another year. Her cab stay and play or sit at home in exile. Either way it doesn't hurt the Knicks. He'll opt out and we save 24 million. The Knicks will every single time on this deal.
I don't think he is desperate enough to go any place but Houston. He missed out on being a free agent with Wade and LBJ in 2010. I think he wants to make sure he doesn't miss out on playing with them again. I also think he would go to the Cavs if LBJ said he would stay. I think Houston or bust for Melo. I would love if he said he would go to Portland. A bidding war would be nice.

They also have exactly what we need a youngish true SF with solid advanced stats.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

8/12/2017  8:26 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Bidding war?

What does Portland or Houston have to bid over???

Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy