[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
8/10/2017  9:31 PM
knicks1248 wrote:For 2 months this has been going on, even before the draft and FA started. Is this a ploy to make melos camp feel like they haven't given up? What exactly has changed from 2 wks ago now that every team in the league is capped out.
No real info but I wonder if Perry wanted to put a stop to it when he first got hired because it was such a bad deal for the Knicks. Maybe after talking to Melo he knows that the rift that was created can't be mended and he is going to try to make the best of a bad situation that he inherited. Interesting that on the same day that Woj is reporting that talks have started again, Berman has an article talking about how the Knicks position is stronger than it appears with Melo.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/10/2017  9:41 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Maybe its what got him fired. Dolan knew he had to either give Phil full control, or fire him. It was the only way to stop the deal.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
8/10/2017  10:28 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/10/2017  10:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:For 2 months this has been going on, even before the draft and FA started. Is this a ploy to make melos camp feel like they haven't given up? What exactly has changed from 2 wks ago now that every team in the league is capped out.
No real info but I wonder if Perry wanted to put a stop to it when he first got hired because it was such a bad deal for the Knicks. Maybe after talking to Melo he knows that the rift that was created can't be mended and he is going to try to make the best of a bad situation that he inherited. Interesting that on the same day that Woj is reporting that talks have started again, Berman has an article talking about how the Knicks position is stronger than it appears with Melo.

It's hilarious because WOJ reported this earlier, and now several article are just stating "ESPN AS REPORTED KNICKS and HOUSTON to continue NEGOTIATING" but the hold is finding a 3rd team to TAKE RYAN..like why is that even news any more.... everyone on earth knows this already.

WHAT HAS CHANGED IN TWO WKS?

Most of this is transparent, so what kind of position are the knicks holding other than telling HOUSTON melo is ok with playing out the season in NY, or he is open to being traded somewhere else..

When melo says he's at peace, what the hell is that suppose to mean?

Does that mean im good if I go or stay?

ES
TLover
Member: #381
USA
8/10/2017  10:42 PM
Thinking the 3rd team could be the Pistons...

Melo to the Rockets

Ariza & Anderson to the Pistons

T.Harris, J.Leuer & Rockets 1st rounder to the Knicks

Chandler
Member: #6197

8/10/2017  10:45 PM
TLover wrote:Thinking the 3rd team could be the Pistons...

Melo to the Rockets

I'd be happy w that

(5)(5)
TLover
Member: #381
USA
8/10/2017  10:46 PM

Melo to the Rockets

Then flip the Houston 1st rounder & our 2020 first rounder, Courtney Lee, & Frank Ntlikina for Kyrie

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

8/10/2017  11:04 PM

Melo to the Rockets

That would be awesome!!

CrushAlot
USA
8/10/2017  11:45 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

It's hilarious because WOJ reported this earlier, and now several article are just stating "ESPN AS REPORTED KNICKS and HOUSTON to continue NEGOTIATING" but the hold is finding a 3rd team to TAKE RYAN..like why is that even news any more.... everyone on earth knows this already.

Most of this is transparent, so what kind of position are the knicks holding other than telling HOUSTON melo is ok with playing out the season in NY, or he is open to being traded somewhere else..

i think it means he is staying unless he gets traded to the Rockets.
dwiley20
Member: #5755

8/11/2017  1:18 AM
TLover wrote:

Melo to the Rockets

Then flip the Houston 1st rounder & our 2020 first rounder, Courtney Lee, & Frank Ntlikina for Kyrie

Hell nah

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

8/11/2017  7:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/11/2017  7:39 AM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Seriously its the exact situation we have been in since day 1. I still don't see how the Rockets are going to flip Anderson for a young SF and draft picks. I will say this, Detroit is the one team where Anderson would fit in very well. However, I just don't get why they are giving up Harris to get Anderson. Honestly I think that pick may have to go to Detroit.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
8/11/2017  8:04 AM
I was reading 'New York Knicks: Five reasons Carmelo Anthony trade talks should be paused' on NY Basketball for iOS and I thought you might be interested in reading it too.
https://dailyknicks.com/2017/08/11/new-york-knicks-carmelo-anthony-blessing-disguise/

Talk about a Crock of S__t:
5 reasons to purge him:

1/ pits younger players against management
2/ plays no
3/ can't hit a jump shot in the 4th quarter
4/ take valuable minutes from a younger player
5/ prefer to purge his contract for expiring contracts or picks

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/11/2017  9:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 8/11/2017  9:09 AM
fitzfarm wrote:

Melo to the Rockets

That would be awesome!!

Yeah that would make a lot of sense. Another team i was thinking (but not as good a trade for the knicks) is okc.

Melo and Kyle Singler to Houston
Kanter, Ariza, and Houston 1st to Knicks
Anderson to Okc

Reason for Knicks: Ariza fits as temporary SF, brings vet leadership and defense, Kanter isn't ideal, but his contract runs 1 less year than Anderson and he is only 25 years old, making him a less-bad options. We get a 1st rounder.
Houston: Get Melo and Singler, who gives a little depth replacing Ariza.
Okc: Anderson's floor spacing is needed, plus although they take the extra year of contract, they save money over the short-term, which is helpful for a small market team over the tax line.

Welpee
Member: #6239

8/11/2017  9:14 AM
I just have a lot of confidence whatever we get for Melo it will be more than Phil would've received in return.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

8/11/2017  10:42 AM
I don't know what deal Phil would have said yes to, but it seems all Perry has done is the exact same.
He paused.
Evaluated.
Just like with Phil, asking Houston for third team.

The difference may be the patience and communication. With Phil there was just bad blood between Melo and he.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
8/11/2017  10:48 AM

only thing thats changed is you lose your shyt and demonstrate impatience. Also, you suck in the Media.
Your right, there is a story about nothing. So you need not flip out on it.

What is the real story? Only that the knicks backed off and reorganized its front office and then will readdress the situation. I only imagine that Melo and the knicks had a recent discussion about what is available and both set their parameters.

1. Knicks won't make a bad deal. (recently mentioned.
2. Melo has not expanded his list.

Also working the back channel would be Melo's agent perhaps helping construct a deal. Why? Thats what agents do.

Knicks have balanced their roster within reason which makes them not desporate. Tim can play the 3. Clee the 2 and either Sessions or frank starts. Baker off the bench. Beas as well. Maybe Beas starts, Tim at the 2. 60 days to go.

Knicks been busy bee's with new front office and new avenues to pursue.

CrushAlot
USA
8/11/2017  11:57 AM
Nalod wrote:

only thing thats changed is you lose your shyt and demonstrate impatience. Also, you suck in the Media.
Your right, there is a story about nothing. So you need not flip out on it.

What is the real story? Only that the knicks backed off and reorganized its front office and then will readdress the situation. I only imagine that Melo and the knicks had a recent discussion about what is available and both set their parameters.

1. Knicks won't make a bad deal. (recently mentioned.
2. Melo has not expanded his list.

Also working the back channel would be Melo's agent perhaps helping construct a deal. Why? Thats what agents do.

Knicks have balanced their roster within reason which makes them not desporate. Tim can play the 3. Clee the 2 and either Sessions or frank starts. Baker off the bench. Beas as well. Maybe Beas starts, Tim at the 2. 60 days to go.

Knicks been busy bee's with new front office and new avenues to pursue.

I don't know if there is a good deal to be made with the rockets. I think it just has to be less 'bad' then a buyout. My guess is that Perry wanted to talk to Melo to see if he could salvage a relationship damaged by the previous administration. Too much damage was done so now this needs to be figured out. The Knicks need to avoid another Ewing type trade.
Nalod
USA
8/11/2017  12:33 PM
Problem is any third team knows they can rape Morey to make a deal for Melo.
One season at at time.
If we can't do a deal that makes sense, then bring him back. If he is a problem. We sit him.
If he is a lockerroom problem, send him home.
But, I don't think melo is that kind of problem. Everyone has been upfront and its just business.
Nalod
USA
8/11/2017  12:35 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Knicks1248 on Melo Trade:

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

8/11/2017  12:48 PM
I wouldn't be opposed to taking Anderson's contract if we got capela and the rights to lluli,and zhou qi

Anderson is not a bad back up 4 and I'm willing to role with Beasley,lance,kuz at the three

Capela can start with kp or be a great back up 5 I personally feel kp is ready to start at the 5 .

Getting a nice prospect in qi who will contribute in a few years.

But the prize is lulli the guy is the best pg playing outside the NBA right now. I'm sure going to a international city like NYC would make the NBA more appealing.

Nalod
USA
8/11/2017  12:55 PM
fitzfarm wrote:I wouldn't be opposed to taking Anderson's contract if we got capela and the rights to lluli,and zhou qi

Anderson is not a bad back up 4 and I'm willing to role with Beasley,lance,kuz at the three

Capela can start with kp or be a great back up 5 I personally feel kp is ready to start at the 5 .

Getting a nice prospect in qi who will contribute in a few years.

But the prize is lulli the guy is the best pg playing outside the NBA right now. I'm sure going to a international city like NYC would make the NBA more appealing.

Lulli just blew his ACL and has a three year contract where he is.
Capella is great, but Rockets know this and need him.
ANderson is at 20mil a year is a lot to back up KP. Its not the player, its his age and money.

Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy