[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo rumors heating up?
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/8/2017  5:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2017  5:52 PM
Vmart wrote:MDA's worst nightmare scenario coming to fruition. Maybe CP3 can keep Melo in check.

NO...His worst nightmare is a team asking him about his defensive schemes.

Winning cures all!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/8/2017  6:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2017  6:34 PM
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Really? I wasn't aware of his defensive ability.
If so, that would change my opinion on him and KP as a combination.

Yup. While he shoots 45.9% FG he holds his man to 44.2 not a big difference but not bad at all for a 19 year old in his first season in the NBA. Him, KP, Warren, THJR, and Frank would strap teams for days when on their best.

Where did you get that? The #s I saw had him holding opponents way lower than 44.2%

NBA.com, I first tried 82games but had no luck. Where you get yours?

I believe you looked in the wrong column. 44.2% is the average of what the man guarding him shoots. He held the man while he was guarding him to 40.7%.
TPercy
Member: #5748

7/8/2017  7:45 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Yup. While he shoots 45.9% FG he holds his man to 44.2 not a big difference but not bad at all for a 19 year old in his first season in the NBA. Him, KP, Warren, THJR, and Frank would strap teams for days when on their best.

Where did you get that? The #s I saw had him holding opponents way lower than 44.2%

I believe you looked in the wrong column. 44.2% is the average of what the man guarding him shoots. He held the man while he was guarding him to 40.7%.

Ah I'm not seeing it, any chance you could shoot me a link please?

The Future is Bright!
Bonn1997
USA
7/8/2017  7:52 PM
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Ah I'm not seeing it, any chance you could shoot me a link please?

http://stats.nba.com/players/defense-dash-overall/#!?sort=PLAYER_NAME&dir=1

TPercy

7/8/2017  8:10 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:

Yeah still getting the same thing. The DFG% shows benders man was 44.2%

The Future is Bright!
Bonn1997
USA
7/8/2017  8:13 PM
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:

I'm an idiot. I thought this had morphed into a discussion of TH JR. We're talking about Bender? Sorry.
TPercy

7/8/2017  8:15 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
TPercy wrote:

I'm an idiot. I thought this had morphed into a discussion of TH JR. We're talking about Bender? Sorry.

No worries !

The Future is Bright!
dacash
Member: #1179

7/8/2017  8:19 PM
who is cedi osman? and why are the cavs trying to pawn him off on us?
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

7/8/2017  8:41 PM
dacash wrote:who is cedi osman? and why are the cavs trying to pawn him off on us?

Because that's all they have to give us. That's why.

dacash
Member: #1179

7/8/2017  8:59 PM
reub wrote:
dacash wrote:who is cedi osman? and why are the cavs trying to pawn him off on us?

Because that's all they have to give us. That's why.

never heard of him............... next pls

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/8/2017  11:55 PM
Vmart wrote:MDA's worst nightmare scenario coming to fruition. Maybe CP3 can keep Melo in check.
From The Dream Shake blog article.
Last year for the Knicks, Melo scored 22.4 points per game with 36 percent shooting from deep. He grabbed fewer than 6 rebounds a game, the first time he averaged less than a half-dozen since he was 21. He was playing for a moribund organization and an executive who tried to make his life miserable, and he still put up 22-6-3. He’s better than he showed, still. The concerns over his ball-stopping are real, but for the Rockets, he’d have Harden and CP3 creating offense for him, and he just needs to shoot. He could be the power forward version of Klay Thompson, and he’d be great at it.
https://www.thedreamshake.com/2017/7/8/15942494/nba-trade-rumors-carmelo-anthony-rockets
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/9/2017  12:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/9/2017  12:20 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
Last year for the Knicks, Melo scored 22.4 points per game with 36 percent shooting from deep. He grabbed fewer than 6 rebounds a game, the first time he averaged less than a half-dozen since he was 21. He was playing for a moribund organization and an executive who tried to make his life miserable, and he still put up 22-6-3. He’s better than he showed, still. The concerns over his ball-stopping are real, but for the Rockets, he’d have Harden and CP3 creating offense for him, and he just needs to shoot. He could be the power forward version of Klay Thompson, and he’d be great at it.
https://www.thedreamshake.com/2017/7/8/15942494/nba-trade-rumors-carmelo-anthony-rockets

It's the perfect fit for him. Now they have to make it work for our knicks

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/9/2017  12:25 AM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I know. I liked the rumor with the Cavs and Suns because of the Suns roster. I think Morey finds away to get a deal done. I just don't know what the Knicks get back.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/9/2017  7:57 AM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I don't know about Melo/Harden/Paul on the same team.
There's not the same athletic prime years there for Melo/Paul as the talent you saw in Miami 2010-13 or the talent you have in Golden State now.

Harden has never been a good defender.

If I were a Houston fan, two things I would be concerned with

On offense - whether they could share the ball together. All 3 like to keep the ball in their hands and monoplize. If Melo ever were a 4 man version of Klay, he and Phil or George Karl or MDA would never have an issue. He likes to isolate and he likes to hold the ball. Then you have CP3 and Harden who both like to hold the ball.

On defense - depends who goes out in the deal and who they put around them, I don't think this group is defensively as skilled or talented as Golden State, Spurs or Cleveland.

I think this is a Conference Finals team at best, and one with a huge potential to be the let down team of the year.

mlby1215
Member: #6486

7/9/2017  9:01 AM
If I were Mills, I wouldn't trade away Melo. He is still very good, and can help win some games.
There is not possible he can trade him for something equal.

Of course, Melo would not want to be here. His goal has accomplished. (Got Phil fired) Probably he would want to have a chance to get a ring at the moment. (So Phil was actually right....he would be better elsewhere because Knicks no way could give him a ring. )

For Houston, why not? It is not about they want Melo, it is about they don't want their guy. Just keep trying. Mills will break.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/9/2017  9:56 AM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Last I checked Klay Thompson plays defense, at a very high level and plays unselfish basketball. Melo will never be the "anything" version of Klay, EVER.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/9/2017  10:06 AM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

For Melo it would be a great fit. For the Rockets I don't see it. You are regulating him to be a 30 mil spot up shooter. To give Melo more responsibility would be to take the ball out of Paul and Hardens hands and into Melo's which isn't recommended since they are more efficient scorers and better playmakers. The ideal fit is Shawn Marion type. Who gets you rebounds, blks, stls, guards multiple positions. A player who does all those things but maybe can't create his own offense to well. Which is where Paul and Harden come in to get him open 3s which statistically would round out his game. Could backfire big time if Melo isn't happy with his role.

Though what I can see with the Rockets is that Melo has one year less then Anderson and a player option next offseason. That they try it out, if it doesn't work Melo probably opts out and the clear that cap space. Melo probably opts out regardless to capitalize on the new market salaries for his last big multi year contract.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
7/10/2017  10:49 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

For Melo it would be a great fit. For the Rockets I don't see it. You are regulating him to be a 30 mil spot up shooter. To give Melo more responsibility would be to take the ball out of Paul and Hardens hands and into Melo's which isn't recommended since they are more efficient scorers and better playmakers. The ideal fit is Shawn Marion type. Who gets you rebounds, blks, stls, guards multiple positions. A player who does all those things but maybe can't create his own offense to well. Which is where Paul and Harden come in to get him open 3s which statistically would round out his game. Could backfire big time if Melo isn't happy with his role.

Though what I can see with the Rockets is that Melo has one year less then Anderson and a player option next offseason. That they try it out, if it doesn't work Melo probably opts out and the clear that cap space. Melo probably opts out regardless to capitalize on the new market salaries for his last big multi year contract.

As pro-Melo as a I am, I do not see, even in this deranged contract world and the cap basement levels, how he gets a big multiyear contract at this point in his career. Unless he just goes back to DadMelo this season and starts putting up much higher assist numbers with all these yoots... and that happens to mean something to some other franchise besides ours...
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/10/2017  1:09 PM
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/10/2017  1:37 PM
NYKBocker wrote:

Harkless is 24 so that fits the age of the core group. Aminu is a guy I really want as well but doubt he is included. He is perfect next to KP & Willy as a rebounding, 3pt shooting forward with length who can cover the stretch 4s.

I don't want to eat Leonard's contract but we will see.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy