arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
7/13/2017  4:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:
Peter Vecsey:

“Don’t pretend 2B wired anymore. Still, I am told Melo-Rockets trade holdup is D’Antoni. Does not want him. Melo knows! It’ll happen anyway!”

Awesome. I think Paul will be the strongest voice in the Rockets locker room.

I am not sure Melo wants the reality check of who he is...
Being around scrabs and old duded made him look great no doubt, but how about being around great players?
Can be quite painful picture... May be better to retire ego-happy?

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/13/2017  4:33 PM
arkrud wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
reub wrote:
Peter Vecsey:

“Don’t pretend 2B wired anymore. Still, I am told Melo-Rockets trade holdup is D’Antoni. Does not want him. Melo knows! It’ll happen anyway!”

Awesome. I think Paul will be the strongest voice in the Rockets locker room.

I am not sure Melo wants the reality check of who he is...
Being around scrabs and old duded made him look great no doubt, but how about being around great players?
Can be quite painful picture... May be better to retire ego-happy?

I think he is going to do fantastic there. I think his minutes will drop and he will bevplaying with two of the best facilitators in the league. It will be interesting to see if Paul has a Kidd like effect on Melo.
I hope the Knicks get a good return for him.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
7/13/2017  4:36 PM
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/13/2017  4:37 PM
reub wrote:
Peter Vecsey:

Yo!!!

Fuck Peter Vecsey!!!!!

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/13/2017  4:39 PM
reub wrote:
Peter Vecsey:

This may shed some light on the issue.

https://www.google.com/amp/newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/07/13/trading-carmelo-anthony-difficult/amp/

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/13/2017  4:59 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Sounds about right. Portland would take Anerson and dump Harkless and Leonard. Need a team to take Leonard but the question is who gives up the pick to take Leonard on. He is only 25 and can shoot 3s and rebound decently.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/13/2017  5:04 PM
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:
Peter Vecsey:

Yo!!!

Fuck Peter Vecsey!!!!!

Would be funny as hell though. Right after winning coach of the year D'Antoni dissed Melo in an interview, unsolicited I believe.

Now here come Melo with "Hey buddy!!" Too funny, ain't Kharma a beyotch.

CrushAlot
USA
7/13/2017  5:07 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:
Peter Vecsey:

Yo!!!

Fuck Peter Vecsey!!!!!

Would be funny as hell though. Right after winning coach of the year D'Antoni dissed Melo in an interview, unsolicited I believe.

That was a bad look for Dantoni.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/13/2017  5:20 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sounds about right. Portland would take Anerson and dump Harkless and Leonard. Need a team to take Leonard but the question is who gives up the pick to take Leonard on. He is only 25 and can shoot 3s and rebound decently.

I doubt the issue is giving up a pick to take Leonard. It's probably more like expecting to receive a pick to take Leonard.

newyorknewyork
7/13/2017  5:24 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I doubt the issue is giving up a pick to take Leonard. It's probably more like expecting to receive a pick to take Leonard.

I'm saying what team is going give up the pick to the team that takes on Leonard. Portland will say they are taking on Anderson so they shouldn't have to give up a pick as well. Houston probably giving Knick a draft pick already and are giving one away in the Paul trade so I doubt they want to trade away another one. And the Knicks aren't going to trade their draft pick.

newyorknewyork
7/13/2017  5:30 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:
Peter Vecsey:

Yo!!!

Fuck Peter Vecsey!!!!!

It was classless.

I wonder though who will have more pressure? Is MDA Morey's guy who he will stick with after getting them back to relevance? Melo will have to play more PF under MDA this go around. Will Paul and Melo team up and get MDA out if things don't go smoothly? Don't know if Harden loves MDA either after quitting on him the final game.

Knickoftime

7/13/2017  5:33 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

I'm saying what team is going give up the pick to the team that takes on Leonard. Portland will say they are taking on Anderson so they shouldn't have to give up a pick as well. Houston probably giving Knick a draft pick already and are giving one away in the Paul trade so I doubt they want to trade away another one. And the Knicks aren't going to trade their draft pick.

Yes, correct.

It may boil down to how motivated the Knicks are to just move on from Melo and create the cap space just taking back Harkless would create. They may have give up the pick coming to them to go to that team.

newyorknewyork
7/13/2017  5:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/13/2017  5:39 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yes, correct.

It may boil down to how motivated the Knicks are to just move on from Melo and create the cap space just taking back Harkless would create. They may have give up the pick coming to them to go to that team.

Mills probably doesn't feel he can sell that to the fans. That he just came away with Harkless and cap space. They are probably doing a lot of work seeing what FA they can nab with that space to cover that.

We would free up 17mil?

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/13/2017  5:42 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yes, correct.

Mills probably doesn't feel he can sell that to the fans. That he just came away with Harkless and cap space. They are probably doing a lot of work seeing what FA they can nab with that space to cover that.

We would free up 17mil?

Are you guys sure we could do that? We don't have to take back more?
Knickoftime

7/13/2017  5:43 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yes, correct.

We would free up 17mil?

More like 15 since Baker took them about $2m over, if I'm up to date. Minus x more if they sign Dotson beforehand.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

7/13/2017  5:44 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I think he is going to do fantastic there.

Going to Houston will gut them from a cap perspective. They have the non guaranteed contracts and Anderson to make the offset, but it kills their flexibility moving forward. It would negate the option that Melo could possibly ( but not likely) be a buyout candidate and just sign him for the veterans minimum.

He would be playing for a coach he got fired in NY. The reigning Coach of The Year, where the franchise player, Harden, is locked in and had his best career year under said stabbed in the back coach.

He best operates as a 6th man, and Eric Gordon is already on the roster, the reigning 6th man of the year.

He doesn't move well off the ball. Negating Paul's passing chops

He's a ball stopper and shot jacker with lousy shot selection. "MoreyBall" is about efficiency.

Since he's a power forward, he creates a massive burden on Ariza and young Clint Capela to compensate for him defensively.

Bizarrely, the place where he'd make a somewhat passable fit was New Jersey. Except he also waged war on Jeremy Lin.

I think he'd do fantastic if he wasn't creating so many enemies and ill will around the league by his selfish shotjacking behavior.

Not quite sure a trade gets done. Could be possible. But the idea that he will eventually be disruptive enough to try to force a buyout has to be on the back burner and in the minds of these non Knicks GMs.

Acquiring Melo is basically like marrying a fat single mom, who is 15 years older than you, who won't work, won't cook, won't clean and won't blow you. It's the part where you try to convince yourself you aren't going to die alone. Trust me, being around someone as toxic as Melo, you'll know for sure that you'll have to die alone.

Knickoftime

7/13/2017  5:46 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yes, correct.

We would free up 17mil?

Are you guys sure we could do that? We don't have to take back more?

Yes, there is no limit on how much less you can take.

If someone can absorb leonard, the math works, assuming Houston sends two of the four NGC's they have.

newyorknewyork
7/13/2017  5:49 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/13/2017  5:51 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yes, correct.

We would free up 17mil?

More like 15 since Baker took them about $2m over, if I'm up to date. Minus x more if they sign Dotson beforehand.

There isn't many 24 yr old Hardaway jr like options left. Rondo could get the nod on a 2 yr deal. They could (but they won't) use that space to eat a contract of a vet pg for a pick or 2. If Brandon Knight wasn't sooooo horrible I would take him with a pick.

newyorknewyork
7/13/2017  6:00 PM
Next year FA is pretty weak in terms of young FA to grow the core. Only Aaron Gordon fits. Wiggins & Parker will be matched or extended. Same for Harris, Lavine, Hood. And even with Gordon if he breaks out they will match. If he doesn't then would he be worth it.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/13/2017  6:05 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Yes, correct.

We would free up 17mil?

There isn't many 24 yr old Hardaway jr like options left. Rondo could get the nod on a 2 yr deal. They could (but they won't) use that space to eat a contract of a vet pg for a pick or 2. If Brandon Knight wasn't sooooo horrible I would take him with a pick.

You sure about that? I think they said they wanted to rebuild with youth except that they wanted a veteran PG.
Regardless I'm wondering if the deal is not nearly as close to being done as is being implied.
Melo rumors heating up?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy