[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What unbiased Scouts are saying about Hardaway Jr's Improved Game...
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
7/8/2017  7:55 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:
It seems like an awful lot of money, but that’s not a discredit to him. It’s just the way the league is going right now. For most players it’s, ‘Wow, he got what?’ ” another scout said. “Yes, it’s a lot of money. But you’re getting a young shooting wing who put up almost 15 points on a playoff team. Look at it like that. Take out who it is and the money doesn’t sound so bad.”

LOL these quotes are such bullsh-t.

way the league is going right now. For most players it’s, ‘Wow, he got what?’ ” another scout said. “Yes, it’s a lot of money. But you’re getting a young shooting wing who put up almost 15 points on a playoff team.

Another way to say this-

You're getting a scorer who couldn't even score 15ppg on a team with a negative +/- overall.

More stupidity.... but lets roll with it.

In 2154 minutes of the play with Hardaway on the floor the Hawks were +158
In 1821 minutes of the play with Hardaway off the floor the Hawks were -228

Sorry.. you were saying? Maybe your point was the Hawks are in no way a playoff team without THjr? Was that your point? Or that they were only a negative team when he didnt play? Was that it?

So your "another way to say this" is about as empty and foolish as your other attempts to throw shade where none should exist. There are plenty of legit reasons to not like this move from the Knicks. What is funny is NONE of your points are.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/25/2015 9:49 PM
fishmike wrote: home run. See ya Timmy. Hello Grant. I was thinking how much I loved watching him and thought what a great fit. Seeing him drop like this and seeing a guy like Cameron Payne go ahead of him... then bang. LOVE THIS

fishmike
USA
6/25/2015 9:56 PM
blkexec wrote:
I think grant and mudiay are equal value....so its a great trade for an inconsistent 2 guard.
fishmike wrote: if your not head over heals for this you haven't watched Grant play very much. We got a simply outstanding player.

There is absolutely not one reason this makes any sense. Specially from someone that thought Grant was such a good pick up and thought Timmy was worth so little. I hated the trade, as Timmy was a good three point shooter and knew he had the tools to improve his weaknesses. Hated Grant as he had and still has NO court vision. But there is no way in hell this is an intelligent signing.

Dion Waiters for $12M...smart
PJ Tucker $7M...smart
Collison $10M...smart
Maclemore $5M...smart
Holiday $5M...smart.

Knicks....Fuckin idiots.

No one thinks Timmy is the same player as 3 years ago. Fish wrote an opinion 25 months ago and he was supposed to stick to it no matter what happened in the next 25 months?

PJ Tucker $7M...smart
Collison $10M...smart
Maclemore $5M...smart
Holiday $5M...smart.

Knicks....Fuckin idiots.

I'm sorry, which of these guys-other than Waiters and Collison- is comparable to the skill set+production+age THJ displayed last season?

Tucker-over 30 defensive role player

Collison-4 years older?

McLemore-He is Hardaway of 3 years ago.

Holiday-Totally different player, that still has something to prove, although I liked him.

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/9/2017  1:14 PM
Wade adding his 2 cents worth

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
8/9/2017  1:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 8/9/2017  1:43 PM
joec32033 wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:
It seems like an awful lot of money, but that’s not a discredit to him. It’s just the way the league is going right now. For most players it’s, ‘Wow, he got what?’ ” another scout said. “Yes, it’s a lot of money. But you’re getting a young shooting wing who put up almost 15 points on a playoff team. Look at it like that. Take out who it is and the money doesn’t sound so bad.”

way the league is going right now. For most players it’s, ‘Wow, he got what?’ ” another scout said. “Yes, it’s a lot of money. But you’re getting a young shooting wing who put up almost 15 points on a playoff team.

Another way to say this-

You're getting a scorer who couldn't even score 15ppg on a team with a negative +/- overall.

Sorry.. you were saying? Maybe your point was the Hawks are in no way a playoff team without THjr? Was that your point? Or that they were only a negative team when he didnt play? Was that it?

So your "another way to say this" is about as empty and foolish as your other attempts to throw shade where none should exist. There are plenty of legit reasons to not like this move from the Knicks. What is funny is NONE of your points are.

fishmike
USA
fishmike wrote: home run. See ya Timmy. Hello Grant. I was thinking how much I loved watching him and thought what a great fit. Seeing him drop like this and seeing a guy like Cameron Payne go ahead of him... then bang. LOVE THIS

fishmike
USA
blkexec wrote:
I think grant and mudiay are equal value....so its a great trade for an inconsistent 2 guard.
fishmike wrote: if your not head over heals for this you haven't watched Grant play very much. We got a simply outstanding player.

There is absolutely not one reason this makes any sense. Specially from someone that thought Grant was such a good pick up and thought Timmy was worth so little. I hated the trade, as Timmy was a good three point shooter and knew he had the tools to improve his weaknesses. Hated Grant as he had and still has NO court vision. But there is no way in hell this is an intelligent signing.

PJ Tucker $7M...smart
Collison $10M...smart
Maclemore $5M...smart
Holiday $5M...smart.

Knicks....Fuckin idiots.

No one thinks Timmy is the same player as 3 years ago. Fish wrote an opinion 25 months ago and he was supposed to stick to it no matter what happened in the next 25 months?

PJ Tucker $7M...smart
Collison $10M...smart
Maclemore $5M...smart
Holiday $5M...smart.

Knicks....Fuckin idiots.

I'm sorry, which of these guys-other than Waiters and Collison- is comparable to the skill set+production+age THJ displayed last season?

Tucker-over 30 defensive role player

Collison-4 years older?

McLemore-He is Hardaway of 3 years ago.

Holiday-Totally different player, that still has something to prove, although I liked him.

The quote boxes are confusing. I believe you're replying to a message Fish wrote over 2 years ago. It's a message Sinx brought back into this thread.
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
8/9/2017  1:47 PM
martin wrote:Wade adding his 2 cents worth

For me THJ was a gamble but a good gamble. He's got a confidence level and aggressiveness that we need. CLee is less aggressive even tho we needed him to be more assertive. THJ has the mentality of a scorer and will attack the basket as well. He's likely ready for a primary role and there are very few of those guys available at 25.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
USA
8/9/2017  2:46 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:

Another way to say this-

fishmike
USA

fishmike
USA
blkexec wrote:

PJ Tucker $7M...smart
Collison $10M...smart
Maclemore $5M...smart
Holiday $5M...smart.

Knicks....Fuckin idiots.

Hi... am I am allowed to change my opinion after two years? That being said I stand by what I wrote. The only thing I was wrong on was how good Grant would be. He may yet be a good NBA player but he has not shown what I thought he could.

I was not wrong on THjr who was not very good at the time for whatever reason. He has matured, his game has involved and he is a better player. This can be seen in the stats as well. The only real argument here is if the Knicks made a bad bet and THjr isnt the player he showed last year after Korver was traded and he really blossomed.

"the trade" that moved Timmy for Grant has no relevance, zilch in whether or not Timmy was a good signing. NOW.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/9/2017  5:43 PM
fishmike wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:

Another way to say this-

fishmike
USA

fishmike
USA
blkexec wrote:

PJ Tucker $7M...smart
Collison $10M...smart
Maclemore $5M...smart
Holiday $5M...smart.

Knicks....Fuckin idiots.

Hi... am I am allowed to change my opinion after two years? That being said I stand by what I wrote. The only thing I was wrong on was how good Grant would be. He may yet be a good NBA player but he has not shown what I thought he could.

I was not wrong on THjr who was not very good at the time for whatever reason. He has matured, his game has involved and he is a better player. This can be seen in the stats as well. The only real argument here is if the Knicks made a bad bet and THjr isnt the player he showed last year after Korver was traded and he really blossomed.

"the trade" that moved Timmy for Grant has no relevance, zilch in whether or not Timmy was a good signing. NOW.

No fish you cant, Im sorry. Wish there could be another way. THJ hater for life.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

8/9/2017  6:19 PM
I was all for Hardaway being traded. Don't care if he turns into an all star, still wouldn't change my mind. After he got traded to the Hawks, a new start, Hardaway still had to be sent down to the D-league, because he still didn't get it.

It sure wasn't going to happen with the Knicks. This franchise was too much of a mess. In addition to Hardaway, credit goes to coach Budenholzer and the Hawks organization for helping Timmy turn his game around. Ideally we want to be able to do things like that in NY.

technomaster
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #426
USA
8/9/2017  8:11 PM
I'm legitimately excited about Hardaway returning. He's better than any SG on the team we've had since... JR Smith's good year?

He's expanded his game, he's developed the way we thought he would a few years into his career - though we thought this progress would have been as a member of the Knicks organization. In any case, as a player with his level of experience, he's poised to peak as a borderline all-star. Basically where we'd hope he'd turn out.

If he were a Knick the whole time, he'd have commanded this salary when his rookie deal ended.

He may not be the raw athlete JR Smith has always been, but he seems like more of a heady player and a guy who has really put in some work. Him taking the starting role down the road is really what was envisioned when we drafted him years ago.

Destiny.

Objectively, is his deal any more shocking than these:
Evan Turner 4/70
Kent Bazemore 4/70
Solomon Hill 4/50
Tyler Johnson 4/50
Eric Gordon 4/53
Wesley Matthews 4/70
Mo Harkless 4/40
Chandler Parsons 4/94
Austin Rivers 3/35
DeMarre Carroll 4/58

I mean some of these guys are pure 3 and D guys, no playmaking skills to speak of... others are veritable NBA no-names. Anyone care to guess what stats Kent Bazemore produced last year? Or Evan Turner? Or Wesley Matthews?

Yeah.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
What unbiased Scouts are saying about Hardaway Jr's Improved Game...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy