[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What unbiased Scouts are saying about Hardaway Jr's Improved Game...
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/8/2017  9:12 AM
smackeddog wrote:
TheGame wrote:This is a bad deal primarily because hardaway sucks on defense. If he was a better defensive player, then I would be okay with it. Way too much for hardaway and then they gave him four years.

Someone posted some stats on a another thread showing he's actually become a much better defender. I don't like the signing at all, but there are grounds to say he's improved

I just listened to the Locked On Hawks podcast. The host thought the contract was too big for Tim and didn't see the Hawks matching. In regards to defense, he said Tim worked very hard on that part of the game and has gotten a lot better. He said Tim has gone from a dreadful defender to an adequate defender. He also pointed out that Tim is a guy that really can only defend shooting guards.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/8/2017  9:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2017  9:55 AM
Sinix wrote:
It seems like an awful lot of money, but that’s not a discredit to him. It’s just the way the league is going right now. For most players it’s, ‘Wow, he got what?’ ” another scout said. “Yes, it’s a lot of money. But you’re getting a young shooting wing who put up almost 15 points on a playoff team. Look at it like that. Take out who it is and the money doesn’t sound so bad.”

LOL these quotes are such bullsh-t.

way the league is going right now. For most players it’s, ‘Wow, he got what?’ ” another scout said. “Yes, it’s a lot of money. But you’re getting a young shooting wing who put up almost 15 points on a playoff team.

Another way to say this-

You're getting a scorer who couldn't even score 15ppg on a team with a negative +/- overall.

Negative plus minus overall? Just like he's inefficient and plays bad defense? His +/- numbers were the best on his team among guys with significant playing time and among the best in the league! Literally every "fact" you post is the polar opposite of the truth. I've never seen someone post so much wrong info. that was easily verifiable. I don't get what you're up to.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/8/2017  9:46 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:
TheGame wrote:This is a bad deal primarily because hardaway sucks on defense. If he was a better defensive player, then I would be okay with it. Way too much for hardaway and then they gave him four years.

Someone posted some stats on a another thread showing he's actually become a much better defender. I don't like the signing at all, but there are grounds to say he's improved

I just listened to the Locked On Hawks podcast. The host thought the contract was too big for Tim and didn't see the Hawks matching. In regards to defense, he said Tim worked very hard on that part of the game and has gotten a lot better. He said Tim has gone from a dreadful defender to an adequate defender. He also pointed out that Tim is a guy that really can only defend shooting guards.

I thought he said Tim went from being dreadful on D to just bad. We have Frank N and Baker so we should be decent using cross matchups. I hope so anyway. I still don't see the need to make a signing like this now. But we're stuck with him, so no use complaining now.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Bonn1997
USA
7/8/2017  9:50 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

I thought he said Tim went from being dreadful on D to just bad. We have Frank N and Baker so we should be decent using cross matchups. I hope so anyway. I still don't see the need to make a signing like this now. But we're stuck with him, so no use complaining now.

He's held his man to about 38% shooting the past 2 seasons. It really doesn't matter what some guy on a podcast says. That said, Timmy does need to improve his box score defensive stats (rbs, blks, stls).

Sinix
Member: #7495

7/8/2017  11:21 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Sinix wrote:
It seems like an awful lot of money, but that’s not a discredit to him. It’s just the way the league is going right now. For most players it’s, ‘Wow, he got what?’ ” another scout said. “Yes, it’s a lot of money. But you’re getting a young shooting wing who put up almost 15 points on a playoff team. Look at it like that. Take out who it is and the money doesn’t sound so bad.”

way the league is going right now. For most players it’s, ‘Wow, he got what?’ ” another scout said. “Yes, it’s a lot of money. But you’re getting a young shooting wing who put up almost 15 points on a playoff team.

Another way to say this-

You're getting a scorer who couldn't even score 15ppg on a team with a negative +/- overall.

Negative plus minus overall? Just like he's inefficient and plays bad defense? His +/- numbers were the best on his team among guys with significant playing time and among the best in the league! Literally every "fact" you post is the polar opposite of the truth. I've never seen someone post so much wrong info. that was easily verifiable. I don't get what you're up to.

Maybe you should read better before attacking me personally. I was referring to the hawks plus and minus.

Bonn1997
USA
7/8/2017  11:27 AM
Sinix wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Sinix wrote:

Another way to say this-

Maybe you should read better before attacking me personally. I was referring to the hawks plus and minus.

What does the team's +/- have to do with this?! Did we just acquire the entire Hawk's team? If you're on a team with a negative +/- and you can bring that deficient team to +3.5 per 48 while you're on the court, that's great. They're only a negative team when he's off the court, which clearly isn't his fault.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/8/2017  11:38 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
smackeddog wrote:

He's held his man to about 38% shooting the past 2 seasons. It really doesn't matter what some guy on a podcast says. That said, Timmy does need to improve his box score defensive stats (rbs, blks, stls).

That maybe more of a function of the team's defensive scheme. People who follow the team say he's improved, but still below average. It's not just the Locked On guy. Plus, do we even have a defensive scheme or coach at this point?

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Sinix

7/8/2017  11:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2017  11:40 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Bonn1997 wrote:
Sinix wrote:

Another way to say this-

What does the team's +/- have to do with this?! Did we just acquire the entire Hawk's team? If you're on a team with a negative +/- and you can bring that deficient team to +3.5 per 48 while you're on the court, that's great. They're only a negative team when he's off the court, which clearly isn't his fault.

The biased writer was trying to build up THjr by writing how he's a contributor to a playoff team without context. Playoffs implies the hawks were one of the better teams last season. The reality is that the hawks were a below average team last season and their opponent scored more than them on an average. The writing in the op looks like propaganda.

Sinix

7/8/2017  11:43 AM
Anyone put two and two together and point out THjr had Dwight Howard clogging up the paint last season? Most likely that's the source of his defensive numbers going up.
Bonn1997
USA
7/8/2017  11:55 AM
Sinix wrote:Anyone put two and two together and point out THjr had Dwight Howard clogging up the paint last season? Most likely that's the source of his defensive numbers going up.

Nope. His #s were excellent the prior season. Try again.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
7/8/2017  12:15 PM
Sinix wrote:

Another way to say this-

More stupidity.... but lets roll with it.

In 2154 minutes of the play with Hardaway on the floor the Hawks were +158
In 1821 minutes of the play with Hardaway off the floor the Hawks were -228

Sorry.. you were saying? Maybe your point was the Hawks are in no way a playoff team without THjr? Was that your point? Or that they were only a negative team when he didnt play? Was that it?

So your "another way to say this" is about as empty and foolish as your other attempts to throw shade where none should exist. There are plenty of legit reasons to not like this move from the Knicks. What is funny is NONE of your points are.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Bonn1997
USA
7/8/2017  12:37 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2017  12:41 PM
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:

Another way to say this-

Sorry.. you were saying? Maybe your point was the Hawks are in no way a playoff team without THjr? Was that your point? Or that they were only a negative team when he didnt play? Was that it?

So your "another way to say this" is about as empty and foolish as your other attempts to throw shade where none should exist. There are plenty of legit reasons to not like this move from the Knicks. What is funny is NONE of your points are.

Yeah, definitely. It's not a slam dunk deal. I'd give it like a C+. But Sinix's complaints are either factually incorrect (inefficient shooter, bad defender) or don't make sense (team was bad with him off the floor).
That said, if the Hawks really are that bad without him, they have to match. Think of all the lost revenue if they don't make the playoffs.
Sinix

7/8/2017  12:42 PM
You two clowns are going off on tangents I don't even understand. Stop getting personal and get some control.
Sinix

7/8/2017  12:45 PM
Also it's reported the Hawks aren't matching. Surprise surprise. They don't want an inefficient iso player that doesn't emphasize defense, passing or rebounding. Doesn't matter if he's young, he's not going to grow with a team unless he has team player qualities. Dude is melo but worse at the sg position. Loser play style.
Bonn1997
USA
7/8/2017  1:30 PM
Sinix wrote:You two clowns are going off on tangents I don't even understand. Stop getting personal and get some control.

Personal? For the record, you're the only one name calling. Not sure what you don't understand.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

7/8/2017  6:12 PM
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:

Another way to say this-

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
USA
6/25/2015 9:49 PM
fishmike wrote: home run. See ya Timmy. Hello Grant. I was thinking how much I loved watching him and thought what a great fit. Seeing him drop like this and seeing a guy like Cameron Payne go ahead of him... then bang. LOVE THIS

fishmike
USA
6/25/2015 9:56 PM
blkexec wrote:
I think grant and mudiay are equal value....so its a great trade for an inconsistent 2 guard.
fishmike wrote: if your not head over heals for this you haven't watched Grant play very much. We got a simply outstanding player.

There is absolutely not one reason this makes any sense. Specially from someone that thought Grant was such a good pick up and thought Timmy was worth so little. I hated the trade, as Timmy was a good three point shooter and knew he had the tools to improve his weaknesses. Hated Grant as he had and still has NO court vision. But there is no way in hell this is an intelligent signing.

Dion Waiters for $12M...smart
PJ Tucker $7M...smart
Collison $10M...smart
Maclemore $5M...smart
Holiday $5M...smart.

Knicks....Fuckin idiots.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

7/8/2017  6:19 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Caseloads wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:How do you know theses are unbiased observations?

This is a biased bull$#!t piece put out by his agent. We regret this dumb contract already. Imagine how we will feel two years from now.

Knicks getting offer sheet ready for this guy: As he made 8 in a row

At least i can still laugh. But really...are we signing anyone else? LIke a Vet PG? Oh thats right, we have no more money.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Bonn1997
USA
7/8/2017  6:27 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:

Another way to say this-

fishmike
USA
fishmike wrote: home run. See ya Timmy. Hello Grant. I was thinking how much I loved watching him and thought what a great fit. Seeing him drop like this and seeing a guy like Cameron Payne go ahead of him... then bang. LOVE THIS

fishmike
USA
blkexec wrote:
I think grant and mudiay are equal value....so its a great trade for an inconsistent 2 guard.
fishmike wrote: if your not head over heals for this you haven't watched Grant play very much. We got a simply outstanding player.

There is absolutely not one reason this makes any sense. Specially from someone that thought Grant was such a good pick up and thought Timmy was worth so little. I hated the trade, as Timmy was a good three point shooter and knew he had the tools to improve his weaknesses. Hated Grant as he had and still has NO court vision. But there is no way in hell this is an intelligent signing.

PJ Tucker $7M...smart
Collison $10M...smart
Maclemore $5M...smart
Holiday $5M...smart.

Knicks....Fuckin idiots.

No one thinks Timmy is the same player as 3 years ago. Fish wrote an opinion 25 months ago and he was supposed to stick to it no matter what happened in the next 25 months?
HofstraBBall

7/8/2017  6:34 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:

Another way to say this-

fishmike
USA

fishmike
USA
blkexec wrote:

PJ Tucker $7M...smart
Collison $10M...smart
Maclemore $5M...smart
Holiday $5M...smart.

Knicks....Fuckin idiots.

No one thinks Timmy is the same player as 3 years ago. Fish wrote an opinion 25 months ago and he was supposed to stick to it no matter what happened in the next 25 months?

Check again...The Hawks think so. And why not just draft MONK????

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

7/8/2017  6:36 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Caseloads wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:How do you know theses are unbiased observations?

This is a biased bull$#!t piece put out by his agent. We regret this dumb contract already. Imagine how we will feel two years from now.

Knicks getting offer sheet ready for this guy: As he made 8 in a row

At least i can still laugh. But really...are we signing anyone else? LIke a Vet PG? Oh thats right, we have no more money.

Hahahahhahahahahhahaha touche bro! You're a lil salty but you make me laugh lol

What unbiased Scouts are saying about Hardaway Jr's Improved Game...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy