[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What unbiased Scouts are saying about Hardaway Jr's Improved Game...
Author Thread
SocraticBallin22
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6096

7/7/2017  8:22 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2017  8:36 PM
Before you let the NY biased media taint you on the Hardaway Offer Sheet, take a look at what some independent, unbiased scouts are saying about his improved game last year and judge for yourself:

He was a much, much improved player, one of the most improved players in the league last year,” said one veteran scout who admitted he “hated” Hardaway’s game as a Knick. “He wasn’t saddled in the triangle offense. He got to use his athletic ability for Atlanta, a team that shoots a pretty good number of threes. The kid had a terrific year.

It seems like an awful lot of money, but that’s not a discredit to him. It’s just the way the league is going right now. For most players it’s, ‘Wow, he got what?’ ” another scout said. “Yes, it’s a lot of money. But you’re getting a young shooting wing who put up almost 15 points on a playoff team. Look at it like that. Take out who it is and the money doesn’t sound so bad.”

"He’s made tremendous strides. When he first came in, he felt the pressure to be a 3-point shooter,” said his agent, Mark Bartelstein, who negotiated a fourth year at player option in the deal. “But he worked to expand his game.”

“I hated him when he was with the Knicks. I didn’t think he was any good,” the scout said. “This year he really got better. He shot better, was more aggressive. He’s still not a good defender, but he’s a much better player than you last saw in New York.”

He’s got the physical tools to be a better defender,” another scout said. “I haven’t really seen him put it together as much as you’d like. But he’s not absent of the tools to get there. He’s got some size from a two-guard standpoint. A little bit small for the [three]. He’s got physical skill sets, he’s a good athlete.

“I’d still want improvements there if I’m the Knicks. That was a knock on him in New York the first time around. It’s interesting they’re going back to him.”

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/7/2017  8:30 PM
Thanks for posting this. Kevin Pelton always talks about Hawks University when he talked about Tim. His game definitely improved
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/7/2017  8:43 PM
His overall game has improved...As one scout mentioned, he came into the league looking to be a 3 point sniper/chucker which is what we saw in NY. His game has evolved in ATL...He's way more aggressive going to the basket, as his handle has improved as has his confidence. He's also more athletic than he looks; he explodes to the basket and will throw it on you!!!
mlby1215
Member: #6486

7/7/2017  8:44 PM
Yeah, let hope Atl don't read this and its scout department is rubbish and can't see his potential. Then he will not be matched and he will be ours.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/7/2017  8:49 PM
mlby1215 wrote:Yeah, let hope Atl don't read this and its scout department is rubbish and can't see his potential. Then he will not be matched and he will be ours.

One of these unbiased quotes is his agent lol Joking aside, it sounds like his defense might be oversold, but he's working on it. Hope our staff steps it up a notch and holds our players accountable on that end.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/7/2017  9:26 PM
The writer consulted witha couple of Awks bloggers for part of this article.
https://theknickswall.com/in-favor-of-the-tim-hardaway-jr-offer-sheet-dc65ebe1113c?source=rss----25ff953d7047---4
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/7/2017  10:05 PM
How do you know theses are unbiased observations?
Caseloads
Member: #41
7/7/2017  10:26 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:How do you know theses are unbiased observations?

This is a biased bull$#!t piece put out by his agent. We regret this dumb contract already. Imagine how we will feel two years from now.

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

7/7/2017  10:40 PM
Caseloads wrote:

This is a biased bull$#!t piece put out by his agent. We regret this dumb contract already. Imagine how we will feel two years from now.

Caseloads
Member: #41
7/7/2017  10:50 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Caseloads wrote:

Unguarded
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/7/2017  10:57 PM
Caseloads wrote:

I doubt it but I know fans like to throw out the un/biased card for local writers but how do you know which scout is biased or not?

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/7/2017  11:13 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2017  11:48 PM
This is a bad deal primarily because hardaway sucks on defense. If he was a better defensive player, then I would be okay with it. Way too much for hardaway and then they gave him four years.
Trust the Process
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/7/2017  11:27 PM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:Before you let the NY biased media taint you on the Hardaway Offer Sheet, take a look at what some independent, unbiased scouts are saying about his improved game last year and judge for yourself:

He was a much, much improved player, one of the most improved players in the league last year,” said one veteran scout who admitted he “hated” Hardaway’s game as a Knick. “He wasn’t saddled in the triangle offense. He got to use his athletic ability for Atlanta, a team that shoots a pretty good number of threes. The kid had a terrific year.

It seems like an awful lot of money, but that’s not a discredit to him. It’s just the way the league is going right now. For most players it’s, ‘Wow, he got what?’ ” another scout said. “Yes, it’s a lot of money. But you’re getting a young shooting wing who put up almost 15 points on a playoff team. Look at it like that. Take out who it is and the money doesn’t sound so bad.”

"He’s made tremendous strides. When he first came in, he felt the pressure to be a 3-point shooter,” said his agent, Mark Bartelstein, who negotiated a fourth year at player option in the deal. “But he worked to expand his game.”

“I hated him when he was with the Knicks. I didn’t think he was any good,” the scout said. “This year he really got better. He shot better, was more aggressive. He’s still not a good defender, but he’s a much better player than you last saw in New York.”

He’s got the physical tools to be a better defender,” another scout said. “I haven’t really seen him put it together as much as you’d like. But he’s not absent of the tools to get there. He’s got some size from a two-guard standpoint. A little bit small for the [three]. He’s got physical skill sets, he’s a good athlete.

“I’d still want improvements there if I’m the Knicks. That was a knock on him in New York the first time around. It’s interesting they’re going back to him.”

I will only believe it if the Hawks match
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

7/8/2017  2:26 AM
Caseloads wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Caseloads wrote:

Unguarded

Ha ha ha ha ha Welcome to NY Timmy
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
mlby1215
Member: #6486

7/8/2017  3:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2017  3:11 AM
I think it is pretty objective to ask a Hawk fan if he wants to match. They watched THj every game. They should know him well.

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1520389&start=140#start_here

It is almost hilarious that a Knick fan posted in their forum and said something like "It is okay guys, THjr has a lot of potential, and he should be kept" then Hawk Fans were like "NOO! We can tank! Thank you!"

The answer is that THjr can be next Kobe but at least Hawk fans do not think so.

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/8/2017  3:56 AM
TheGame wrote:This is a bad deal primarily because hardaway sucks on defense. If he was a better defensive player, then I would be okay with it. Way too much for hardaway and then they gave him four years.

Someone posted some stats on a another thread showing he's actually become a much better defender. I don't like the signing at all, but there are grounds to say he's improved

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/8/2017  8:53 AM
Caseloads wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Caseloads wrote:

Unguarded

But the Frenchy clip made everyone cream their pants

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/8/2017  8:56 AM
TheGame wrote:This is a bad deal primarily because hardaway sucks on defense. If he was a better defensive player, then I would be okay with it. Way too much for hardaway and then they gave him four years.

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=56956
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
7/8/2017  8:59 AM
Caseloads wrote:
SocraticBallin22 wrote:
Caseloads wrote:

Unguarded

At least he's motivated and working on his shooting. Hopefully this is a sign that he wasn't just playing for a big contract.
Sinix
Member: #7495

7/8/2017  9:06 AM

LOL these quotes are such bullsh-t.

way the league is going right now. For most players it’s, ‘Wow, he got what?’ ” another scout said. “Yes, it’s a lot of money. But you’re getting a young shooting wing who put up almost 15 points on a playoff team.

Another way to say this-

You're getting a scorer who couldn't even score 15ppg on a team with a negative +/- overall.

What unbiased Scouts are saying about Hardaway Jr's Improved Game...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy