[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Knicks' offer sheet to Tim Hardaway Jr. is the first truly bad contract of the 2017 offseason
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
10/25/2017  9:24 AM
Timmy is in a shooting slump. Its 3 bad games. No excuses, he's got to play better and will. Are we really saying see I told you after 3 games?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
10/25/2017  10:11 AM
Moonangie wrote:
Nalod wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:This is Hardaway though.
He struggles then he has really hot stretches.
He's a starting level SG, but not more.
I expect him to have a stretch where he'll look great.
Overall he is who he is.
The Knicks were expecting a guy that maybe could take another step. Clearly that is not the case.

He took the step last season.

3 games in he is:

1. Sucks balls man!
2 trying to do too much?
3. Putting too much pressure on himself/
4 Letting the pressure get to him.
5 Awful and Mills should be fired which will nullify his contract and we can use the time machine to fix it.

NYC just ain't the right fit for some peeps. I like THjr, but mainly because of his pedigree. Wish he were more thick-skinned than his pops. We could really use a THsr right about now.

He was Good in preseason and I expect him to be decent. No reason he can't do well.

Now, that doesn't make his deal a good value, and as a rebuilding team, I would have taken a pass on giving him the deal he got.

Welpee
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6239

10/25/2017  10:14 AM
I think he's putting a ton of pressure on himself. My guess is that he'll snap out of it. But a decent point guard would help everyone on this team.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
10/25/2017  10:17 AM
I'm disappointed too, but it is crazy to make any sort of assumptions after 3 games, especially on a player who is a volume scorer.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

10/25/2017  10:27 AM
Knixkik wrote:I'm disappointed too, but it is crazy to make any sort of assumptions after 3 games, especially on a player who is a volume scorer.

you can read my comment from before the season started... and others' too... Softaway is performing as expected to the people who didn't believe he was magically going to become a go-to player

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
10/25/2017  10:44 AM    LAST EDITED: 10/25/2017  10:47 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Knixkik wrote:I'm disappointed too, but it is crazy to make any sort of assumptions after 3 games, especially on a player who is a volume scorer.

you can read my comment from before the season started... and others' too... Softaway is performing as expected to the people who didn't believe he was magically going to become a go-to player

Even if you were a critic. There is no way anyone expected him to be THIS bad. He isn't this bad.

The thing that pisses me off the most from him is the 1.3rebs and 1.3ast in 30mins. Rozier shot 2-7 last night but added 6rebs, 6ast, 2stls

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
10/25/2017  10:50 AM
He is putting pressure on himself. Just needs to relax and play basketball.

He gets to the rim very well, even last night. Needs to do it more.

He is a SG not a SF. Same with CLee.

The lineup needs to be changed. I would like to see Willy and McDermott inserted.

Willy / Kanter /KOQ
KP / Bealey / KOQ
McDermott / Kuz / LT
Thjr / Lee
Sessions/ Ntilikina / Jack

Size is an issue esp on defense. McDermott has show himself to be a good fundamentals player. His shot needs to get beter but his movement and overall play is good.

Kanter can be instant offense off the bench. NY should always have 2 scorers on the court out of KP, THjr, Beasley and Kanter.

SupremeCommander

10/25/2017  10:58 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

Even if you were a critic. There is no way anyone expected him to be THIS bad. He isn't this bad.

The thing that pisses me off the most from him is the 1.3rebs and 1.3ast in 30mins. Rozier shot 2-7 last night but added 6rebs, 6ast, 2stls

uh:

SupremeCommander wrote:This has the potential of being a worse deal than Noah's. If he gets a good start to the year it's because he's"healthy". And maybe we can move him to a contender at the deadline. Unless THJ blows up, we're stuck with him for the duration of his deal. We can't even trade him as an expiring contact. He's Melo Jr, without the HOF credentials

how else should I have said 'this is ****ing stupid?'

SupremeCommander

10/25/2017  11:00 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

but then again, how the hell does one get a NEGATIVE PER? He's at -1.19 per ESPN http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/2528210/tim-hardaway-jr

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

10/25/2017  11:08 AM
3 games into the season, c mon man ! Timmy is super talented he’s just on a cold streak. Issue I have is the coaching staff in more ways then one. With Timmy’s shot off the coaching staff shouldn’t hesitate to put in Dotson what do they have to loose other then lighting a fire under Timmy’s butt.
SupremeCommander

10/25/2017  11:10 AM
fitzfarm wrote:3 games into the season, c mon man ! Timmy is super talented he’s just on a cold streak. Issue I have is the coaching staff in more ways then one. With Timmy’s shot off the coaching staff shouldn’t hesitate to put in Dotson what do they have to loose other then lighting a fire under Timmy’s butt.

there is no way he will ever live up to that contract - he is soft as hell

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
10/25/2017  11:25 AM
There’s a lot going into the poor start. The Knicks have a PUTRID Offensive Flow and this leads to rushed, off balance and contested shots!

Neither Kanter nor KP effectively pass out of Doubles which is a HUGE problem.

Of course the poor PG play is a primary issue as well. All of these things come together and you have a mess! THJ is letting all of this get into his head and he’s forcing things!

fishmike
USA
10/25/2017  11:36 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:3 games into the season, c mon man ! Timmy is super talented he’s just on a cold streak. Issue I have is the coaching staff in more ways then one. With Timmy’s shot off the coaching staff shouldn’t hesitate to put in Dotson what do they have to loose other then lighting a fire under Timmy’s butt.

tough crowd!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/25/2017  1:35 PM
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

tough crowd!

Hes got a 4 year body of work. He had 1 year(mostly off the bench) where he played to an 8-10mm contract level. Hes undisciplined and has had a career that has shown him to be an underwhelming 3 point shooter in a league where 3 point shooting is important. His rebounding passing and defense are either avg at best or even below that. I dont see him as a player who makes others better--hes a decent bench player on a team that has goods. We cant find a player like this in the D league while we are rebuilding? other teams seem to--but the Knicks--we pay top dollar for a kid who is as I described. Hes going to have his 30 point games--he'll have a string of good games wrapped around plenty of 3-12s. There is no denying this--the guy who is in charge of player acquisition just helped spend HALF of our cap on Noah Lee and THJ LONG term. This guy with 70mm in his pocket and 5 years in the league now--he needs to play under control make his shots and move the ball more while expanding his D efficiency. And while Knick fans will have bumps and bruises this year--isnt reasonable as a fan to hope that when a GM spends 70mm were getting more?

RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
10/25/2017  1:45 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

tough crowd!

Hes got a 4 year body of work. He had 1 year(mostly off the bench) where he played to an 8-10mm contract level. Hes undisciplined and has had a career that has shown him to be an underwhelming 3 point shooter in a league where 3 point shooting is important. His rebounding passing and defense are either avg at best or even below that. I dont see him as a player who makes others better--hes a decent bench player on a team that has goods. We cant find a player like this in the D league while we are rebuilding? other teams seem to--but the Knicks--we pay top dollar for a kid who is as I described. Hes going to have his 30 point games--he'll have a string of good games wrapped around plenty of 3-12s. There is no denying this--the guy who is in charge of player acquisition just helped spend HALF of our cap on Noah Lee and THJ LONG term. This guy with 70mm in his pocket and 5 years in the league now--he needs to play under control make his shots and move the ball more while expanding his D efficiency. And while Knick fans will have bumps and bruises this year--isnt reasonable as a fan to hope that when a GM spends 70mm were getting more?

more than what? Its 3 games into the season. Thats a massive sample size for you, but most others understand with 82 game seasons much can change. Golden State is on pace to win 27 games. THJ doesnt have to be Klay Thompson to justify his deal. Can we call your boy Allan Crabbe total trash? Its been 4 games after all...
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/25/2017  2:13 PM
fishmike wrote:Timmy is in a shooting slump. Its 3 bad games. No excuses, he's got to play better and will. Are we really saying see I told you after 3 games?

For me, its more of a general disdain for the decision-making. I've been vindictive the entire time. It just happens that the season started 3 games ago. It is possible that this continues for 325 more games.

This is the Randle.
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
10/25/2017  2:28 PM
fishmike wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
fishmike wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:

tough crowd!

more than what? Its 3 games into the season. Thats a massive sample size for you, but most others understand with 82 game seasons much can change. Golden State is on pace to win 27 games. THJ doesnt have to be Klay Thompson to justify his deal. Can we call your boy Allan Crabbe total trash? Its been 4 games after all...

What do u mean 3 games? His body of work is 4 years? We could've saved that money

RIP Crushalot😞
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

10/25/2017  3:22 PM
fishmike wrote:Timmy is in a shooting slump. Its 3 bad games. No excuses, he's got to play better and will. Are we really saying see I told you after 3 games?

Timmy just might be slower to learn a new offense. He’s thinking instead of just playing. One thing for sure, he didn’t just wake up and lose his talent. Maybe it takes him three months to get comfortable and develop chemistry with his teamate, maybe a season. He’ll come around because he doesn’t suck.

The thing that is troubling is he gets all these brain freezes. Stepping out of bounds, bad passes and turnover. Can he be dependable on a championship team or just a role player? Time will tell. Stability doesn’t happen overnight. Two years in I might start the freakout given coaching and roster stability is there, but three games in with a new team, coach and sytem? I think the most you can say here is Timmy isn’t the fastest learner

SupremeCommander

10/25/2017  3:23 PM
Rookie wrote:

Timmy just might be slower to learn a new offense. He’s thinking instead of just playing. One thing for sure, he didn’t just wake up and lose his talent. Maybe it takes him three months to get comfortable and develop chemistry with his teamate, maybe a season. He’ll come around because he doesn’t suck.

The thing that is troubling is he gets all these brain freezes. Stepping out of bounds, bad passes and turnover. Can he be dependable on a championship team or just a role player? Time will tell. Stability doesn’t happen overnight. Two years in I might start the freakout given coaching and roster stability is there, but three games in with a new team, coach and sytem? I think the most you can say here is Timmy isn’t the fastest learner

that is definitely troubling... what troubles me more is that he was addressing the fan backlash prior to the season starting, yet this is how he comes out of the gate? This is how he tries to prove people like me wrong? uggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
10/30/2017  9:27 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Rookie wrote:

that is definitely troubling... what troubles me more is that he was addressing the fan backlash prior to the season starting, yet this is how he comes out of the gate? This is how he tries to prove people like me wrong? uggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hope THJ can build on this 34 pt game. Get some confidence going. I'd love to be wrong about him. I'm not there yet though.

This is the Randle.
The Knicks' offer sheet to Tim Hardaway Jr. is the first truly bad contract of the 2017 offseason

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy