[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

lord have mercy... Knicks sign Hardaway Jr to an offer sheet worth almost $80mm
Author Thread
SugarRay
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5639

7/7/2017  3:02 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:BLOODY HAAIL???
The idiots that wanted to fire Phil should be jumping up and and down. We are back to "37 wins now with Melo". WHOOOOOO - talk about making a splash! HEE HAAW!!

Can we please get Marbury back from China?

This is awesome @#**(@$$

------IF STEVE MILLS GETS HIT BY A BUS, I WON'T CRY

CAN'T FIX STUPID.

This. It's the dreaded return to the treadmill of mediocrity, which is a f**king nightmare, because the treadmill can last forever. If you've been a Knick fan since the eighties, you know that the treadmill can last forever.
If we now keep Melo, and try to win next season, then all the Phil hating pitchfork carrying sheep are getting what they deserve: treadmill of mediocrity all over again: Enjoy.

Say what you want about Phil, but he would've had us back in the lottery a year from now which is exactly where we NEED to be.

Sure, he said things like "we're not trying to tank", but actions speak louder, and look at the fact that he's had us in the lottery twice with "stealth" tanking. Sure sounds like rebuilding to me. Too bad the rebuilding plan might be scrapped now.

We already know KP is on his way to greatness (when most were in favor of Mudiay/Johnson/Winslow/Hot Garbage).
Phil haters: God forbid Frank also ends up as a true cornerstone, because then Phil will be remembered favorably and deservedly so. If that happens better hide them pitchforks. Unless you're one of those geniuses who doesn't value building through the draft. If that's you, take a look back at all the picks we've squandered over the years.

I'm drinking for real right now, but I have to hold out hope that this is leading into Melo/Lee being moved. But with Mills/Dolan I have no faith in that. With Phil gone, Honestly wtf did you think was gonna happen when there's no one left to keep Dolan in check?
I will keep telling myself that it's too early to panic, let's see how this shakes out etc... But the only way Timmy is a passable move is if we move Melo/Lee. I need another drink.

AUTOADVERT
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/7/2017  3:23 AM
Why can't I wake up to see some good news once. Just ****ing once. Why are we so god damn stupid
The Future is Bright!
ramtour420
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
7/7/2017  3:47 AM
Like was mentioned before,This is reminiscent of the H2O signing. Young up and coming talent with his best years ahead of him. One thing to consider: THJ got paid less than H2O per year and this is what, almost 20 years later? With the cap having gone up the way that it has? Not too bad. The only thing that kinda sucks is that this concludes our "mini rebuild " Oh well it was fun while it lasted.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
7/7/2017  3:52 AM
You gotta be f---ing kidding me? Dear lord. This makes zero sense. I'm putting my pencil down.
This is the Randle.
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/7/2017  4:00 AM
Oh for f***s sake! just when you thought we were safe! I was going to start a thread a few days ago about whether we should offer a hefty contract to Tim Jr, though I was also going to say "hell no" as I've never liked him and never trust it when a streaky shooter has a good year in a contract year. He looked better with the Hawks because they had the environment to bring out the best in him. Put him here and he'll revert to no defense and chucking.

So it looks like Mills wasn't being a genius in refusing to make moves, he's just really bad at executing deals (which goes back to his first stint as our GM before we hired Phil (think he failed to trade Shumpert at the deadline or do any move that year) or had no one willing to sign with us.

This also puts a stop to us taking on salary for picks. I'd rather have taken on Crabbe or whomever from the Blazers as part of a Melo trade as at least he only has 3 years remaining.

I pray the hawks match.

Sinix
Member: #7495

7/7/2017  4:15 AM
Is it too late to nix this deal and ask Phil to come back?

These guys are going to try and out a team around melo. Smfh.

blkexec
Member: #748
7/7/2017  4:20 AM
Sinix wrote:Is it too late to nix this deal and ask Phil to come back?

THj and Melo were very tight. I remember Melo feeling some type of way about the trade. I'm wondering if this was a way to also keep melo after his contract expires on a cheap deal as a mentor for this youth movement. I'm not sure but based on rumors they are trying to pick the best offer for melo and all the other vets of value. build a solid core around KP. then give KP melo money when his contract is up. hope THj will be close to a franchise player. He has the potential and pedigree.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Sinix

7/7/2017  4:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2017  4:28 AM
blkexec wrote:
Sinix wrote:Is it too late to nix this deal and ask Phil to come back?

THj and Melo were very tight. I remember Melo feeling some type of way about the trade. I'm wondering if this was a way to also keep melo after his contract expires on a cheap deal as a mentor for this youth movement. I'm not sure but based on rumors they are trying to pick the best offer for melo and all the other vets of value. build a solid core around KP. then give KP melo money when his contract is up. hope THj will be close to a franchise player. He has the potential and pedigree.

I know my Knicks and melo and what is going to happen. They are playing a Pr game that's going to end up with melo staying. Melo too. They are going to say they tried to trade him but they couldn't get it done. They will try to get heat off themselves that way.

I wouldn't be surprised if Isiah is pulling the strings behind the scenes. Dolan always keeps his pets around way longer than they should be. He's kept Isiah around despite all the bull**** and he wants to do the same for melo.

shinmen
Member: #6029
France
7/7/2017  4:27 AM
Is it possible that Phil was in charge of deciding who we wanted and Mills in charge of negociating the salaries?
It feels exactly like the Noah deal except Phil is not here anymore. This is a horrible deal.
Who in the league was going to offer $71mm to Hardaway jr?
blkexec
Member: #748
7/7/2017  4:28 AM
From a basketball perspective...and looking at a basketballs player shelf life....hes at the perfect age. what if he becomes a go to guy? that 18 mil will look like a bargain. think about rose making 29 mil last year. and how you still have Dotson as a backup even more potential as a small ball SF type. frank.....THj.....Dotson.....all solid guards who can run and shoot the 3. THj is a horny type run and gun player.
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Sinix

7/7/2017  4:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2017  4:31 AM
blkexec wrote:From a basketball perspective...and looking at a basketballs player shelf life....hes at the perfect age. what if he becomes a go to guy? that 18 mil will look like a bargain. think about rose making 29 mil last year. and how you still have Dotson as a backup even more potential as a small ball SF type. frank.....THj.....Dotson.....all solid guards who can run and shoot the 3. THj is a horny type run and gun player.

He's an inefficient chucker that doesn't rebound or play defense. Good young players always get matched. There's a reason Atlanta doesn't want him. There's a reason most knick fans were happy
To lose him in the first place. His play style is the opposite from a winning play style.

Young melo as a shooting guard with even worse defense and rebounding. This is what the Knicks need to move away from.

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/7/2017  4:41 AM
Sinix wrote:
blkexec wrote:From a basketball perspective...and looking at a basketballs player shelf life....hes at the perfect age. what if he becomes a go to guy? that 18 mil will look like a bargain. think about rose making 29 mil last year. and how you still have Dotson as a backup even more potential as a small ball SF type. frank.....THj.....Dotson.....all solid guards who can run and shoot the 3. THj is a horny type run and gun player.

He's an inefficient chucker that doesn't rebound or play defense. Good young players always get matched. There's a reason Atlanta doesn't want him. There's a reason most knick fans were happy
To lose him in the first place. His play style is the opposite from a winning play style.

Young melo as a shooting guard with even worse defense and rebounding. This is what the Knicks need to move away from.

Well you are wrong about the efficiency and Melo comparison but other than that THjr isn't that good.. It's like having a worse version of Courtney Lee around.

Sinix

7/7/2017  4:50 AM
yellowboy90 wrote:
Sinix wrote:

Well you are wrong about the efficiency and Melo comparison but other than that THjr isn't that good.. It's like having a worse version of Courtney Lee around.

Chucker that doesn't play defense doesn't describe THjr and Melo?

smackeddog
Member: #883
7/7/2017  5:10 AM
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/7/2017  5:51 AM
Wwwwwwwwwwwwttttttttttttttttfffffffffff

Don't quit your day job Steve Mills... Oh wait... this is your day job. Then please, just quit.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
7/7/2017  5:53 AM
Oh my goodness, dear Lord have mercy and make Atlanta match.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
mlby1215
Member: #6486

7/7/2017  5:54 AM
I think he is a worse version of Derrick Rose. If Rose is only good at scoring then THjr is as well.

I am not sure how much his defense improved, but if he is signed with 71/4 I don't think he will look at himself as fourth option like Lee did.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

7/7/2017  6:18 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I remember in the playoffs--he was a gunner who couldnt hit a shot for Atlanta. This is a highly speculative call by the Knicks.

We dont seem to get it--we dont try to emulate other successful teams. This is just a profoundly odd move.

I dont think "Knicktime" will be available to answer questions on this thread!

Its Bizarre and for 4 years with a trade kicker, WTF are we doing, it makes him completely unmovable. This front office is clueless no deal should of outran Noah's. If anything 3 year deal with our 4th year option so we can waive him if a superstar wants to sign here in 3 years. Now projecting forward we are locked into this **** team
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/7/2017  6:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2017  7:03 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:BLOODY HAAIL???
The idiots that wanted to fire Phil should be jumping up and and down. We are back to "37 wins now with Melo". WHOOOOOO - talk about making a splash! HEE HAAW!!

Can we please get Marbury back from China?

This is awesome @#**(@$$

------IF STEVE MILLS GETS HIT BY A BUS, I WON'T CRY

CAN'T FIX STUPID.

Firing Phil doesn't mean you hire dumb @ss. Why couldn't the Knicks just go for the scraps after the Nets search and hire that guy from the Rockets?

Firing Phil means getting rid of the only person with the stones to actually attempt a rebuild while letting his stellar resume take the hit. People who couldn't wait to get rid of him deserve this outcome. The Knicks don't need to hire dumbass, beteween owner, "star player", front office yes men, beat writers and "fans" they've got all the bases covered. Continue to pretend that we will hire smart people who will magically put together a winning roster by signing FAs or rebuild the "right way" instead of actually investing in a process so it can succeed.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/7/2017  6:42 AM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:I--too--was shocked by the amount of the contract and still may think it's too much.

But allow me to play Devil's Advocate for a second.

After the Korver trade, THJ averaged 18.2 ppg on 48% shooting and 38% from the field. That's elite SG numbers across the board.

He also led the team in the playoffs and outplayed Bazemore, who has a similar contract.

He's only 25, so if he plays at the level he did following the Korver trade, the years won't matter and the contract will be reasonable.

Also, this is not the same THJ we remember. His defense has vastly improved, including his overall game.

Lastly, Lee's contract has to be moved after this which will absorb 12 of the 18 per of THJ.

If Melo is moved, we need another scorer. That's what he is: he has his father's killer instinct.

What do we need this other scorer for, what goal are we trying to accomplish? If he averages 20 pts per game and we let Rose walk we are still worse off than last year. Because he plays the same position as Lee and Lee's production will take a hit sand e still have gaping hole at PG.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
lord have mercy... Knicks sign Hardaway Jr to an offer sheet worth almost $80mm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy