[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

lord have mercy... Knicks sign Hardaway Jr to an offer sheet worth almost $80mm
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
7/7/2017  1:09 AM
SocraticBallin22 wrote:I--too--was shocked by the amount of the contract and still may think it's too much.

But allow me to play Devil's Advocate for a second.

After the Korver trade, THJ averaged 18.2 ppg on 48% shooting and 38% from the field. That's elite SG numbers across the board.

He also led the team in the playoffs and outplayed Bazemore, who has a similar contract.

He's only 25, so if he plays at the level he did following the Korver trade, the years won't matter and the contract will be reasonable.

Also, this is not the same THJ we remember. His defense has vastly improved, including his overall game.

Lastly, Lee's contract has to be moved after this which will absorb 12 of the 18 per of THJ.

If Melo is moved, we need another scorer. That's what he is: he has his father's killer instinct.

His 36 minutes per weren't to bad either 19 points per game. My only concern with THJ has always been defense.

AUTOADVERT
mlby1215
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6486

7/7/2017  1:15 AM
Because Phil was the only guy who tried to stop Knicks being Knicks. He had many flaws, but we really needed him.

The idea is that he was not here to bring us a champion, he was here to fix the problem. I mean, at the end, I'd rather be worried what he is going to tweet than trading away picks or giving THjr 71/4 or something. Again I know I have to mention Noah. Yeah, he is bad too but at least I understand why. Centers tend to be overpaid and he was DPOY and we were bidding against other teams. But THjr? The money are drying up now so we really don't have a reason to overpay him that much IF atl only was thinking about 45mil.

Anyway, we need a lot of luck. THjr is better because he has learned his lesson. He changed because Atl was not afraid of sending him to D-league to teach him something. There is no way to happen here. We would call the management arrogant or having ego, and media would again blow this up.

We now really need to hope THjr is a changed man. He may be different now.

At the end, we should have expected it must happen. It was bound to happen. Knicks was desperate to sign someone and every better FA rejected us. THjr or someone worse, it has to happen.

CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:BLOODY HAAIL???
The idiots that wanted to fire Phil should be jumping up and and down. We are back to "37 wins now with Melo". WHOOOOOO - talk about making a splash! HEE HAAW!!

Can we please get Marbury back from China?

This is awesome @#**(@$$

------IF STEVE MILLS GETS HIT BY A BUS, I WON'T CRY

CAN'T FIX STUPID.

Firing Phil doesn't mean you hire dumb @ss. Why couldn't the Knicks just go for the scraps after the Nets search and hire that guy from the Rockets?
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/7/2017  1:20 AM
EnySpree wrote:

black mirror or the movie? :)

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Cartman718

7/7/2017  1:22 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:I hope you guys are happy. Is Mills active enough for you!

LOLLLL eggg zact leee

Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

7/7/2017  1:23 AM
https://www.instagram.com/p/BV2LRP2gYgZ/

Fuck it.... welcome home Junior (almost)

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Cartman718

7/7/2017  1:30 AM
Dagger wrote:Please Atlanta you want to match this! THJ is a young stud you cant just let NYK steal him from you like this!!!

I live in Atlanta and am going to go down to the Hawks front office with a THJ jersey on and talk him up like he's Kobe.
So THJ became Jerian Grant who became Holiday who we didn't sign at 4.5 per and instead paid um...4.5 times 4.5 to sign someone we had drafted.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/7/2017  1:35 AM
I remember in the playoffs--he was a gunner who couldnt hit a shot for Atlanta. This is a highly speculative call by the Knicks.

We dont seem to get it--we dont try to emulate other successful teams. This is just a profoundly odd move.

I dont think "Knicktime" will be available to answer questions on this thread!

RIP Crushalot😞
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

7/7/2017  1:36 AM
This is quite remarkable. I thought the plan was to get a PG, not another SG. I was looking at Dotson as a strong addition and couldn't believe they let Justin Holiday get away from them. A player who showed his worth throughout the year. And now they bring back THJ. I hope he's grown in his time in the ATL, 'cause he showed nothing while he was here.
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
BRIGGS
7/7/2017  1:40 AM
Sangfroid wrote:This is quite remarkable. I thought the plan was to get a PG, not another SG. I was looking at Dotson as a strong addition and couldn't believe they let Justin Holiday get away from them. A player who showed his worth throughout the year. And now they bring back THJ. I hope he's grown in his time in the ATL, 'cause he showed nothing while he was here.

Sang--would the smart move sign Justin Holiday to the 9mm$ contract and look to the draft or trade markets as we move along? What was the necessity of signing Tim Hardaway to such a lucrative contract. When you spend 18mm per--youre locking into the player--why did we have to do that here?

RIP Crushalot😞
Cartman718

7/7/2017  1:44 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Sangfroid wrote:This is quite remarkable. I thought the plan was to get a PG, not another SG. I was looking at Dotson as a strong addition and couldn't believe they let Justin Holiday get away from them. A player who showed his worth throughout the year. And now they bring back THJ. I hope he's grown in his time in the ATL, 'cause he showed nothing while he was here.

Sang--would the smart move sign Justin Holiday to the 9mm$ contract and look to the draft or trade markets as we move along? What was the necessity of signing Tim Hardaway to such a lucrative contract. When you spend 18mm per--youre locking into the player--why did we have to do that here?

THJ is gonna be Dolan's new Allan Houston (facepalm)
BRIGGS
7/7/2017  1:44 AM
I havent seen 1 Atlanta fan who wants to match. We basically had to overpay to get him--why??? Did anyone see his playoff performance--certainly not Steve Mills.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
7/7/2017  1:49 AM
Cartman718 wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:

THJ is gonna be Dolan's new Allan Houston (facepalm)

The only improvement Hardaway had was he made 2's at a better rate for 2 months. Otherwise--hes been the same underwhelming inconsistent outside shot who doesnt pass it doesnt rebound and doesnt play good D.

RIP Crushalot😞
Cartman718

7/7/2017  1:57 AM
May 1, 2017 - Atlanta Journal Constitution
Hawks coach Mike Budenholzer was asked for a list of offseason priorities after the team was eliminated by the Wizards in a first-round playoff series. He cited re-signing Paul Millsap and Hardaway. The organization has long made it clear that retaining Millsap is of upmost importance. It was a new development to add Hardaway that high on the list.

“I want to be here, point blank,” Hardaway said. “They brought me here because they believed in me and believed in what I’m capable of doing. I’m thankful for it. … As of now, I’m still here. This is my team. I’m an Atlanta Hawk still. There is no other team right now. My mind and my focus is with the Atlanta Hawks.”

Hardaway is scheduled to make $3,335,707 next season. That figures to change dramatically after July 1. The Hawks sent Hardaway to restricted free agency after not extending him a qualifying offer in October.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/7/2017  2:05 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I remember in the playoffs--he was a gunner who couldnt hit a shot for Atlanta. This is a highly speculative call by the Knicks.

We dont seem to get it--we dont try to emulate other successful teams. This is just a profoundly odd move.

I dont think "Knicktime" will be available to answer questions on this thread!

I wish the Knicks would just take the scraps from the Nets president hunt and hire the guy from the rockets. This isn't that hard.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
blkexec
Member: #748
7/7/2017  2:15 AM
I did some research and didn't realize he averaged 14points last year.....only 12 in the playoffs, but sounds like he was balling. I'm also told ATL might match.

I will admit that I was a fan during college. Because a friend of mine was a michigan fan, so I started watching him. He reminded me of a young JR Smith.....High gunner, but inconsistent and lacks defense. But that was 3-4 years ago. He's now in his prime at 25 and fits the young movement.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
7/7/2017  2:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2017  2:18 AM
Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/7/2017  2:28 AM
blkexec wrote:I did some research and didn't realize he averaged 14points last year.....only 12 in the playoffs, but sounds like he was balling. I'm also told ATL might match.

I will admit that I was a fan during college. Because a friend of mine was a michigan fan, so I started watching him. He reminded me of a young JR Smith.....High gunner, but inconsistent and lacks defense. But that was 3-4 years ago. He's now in his prime at 25 and fits the young movement.

I have always liked timmys game ! Seems to have worked hard to become a ok defender . I don't think atl matches. They are in full tank mode,why pay the money when your going for number one pick.

I will say this is a win win deal for the knicks. 1 if atl dose not match Timmy gives is a up and coming sg to match up with our core. This also gives Dotson a chance to come off the bench and relax.

2. If atl matches, oh well that contract sucks for there rebuild . Esp with Kent on there roster.

Again with the last year player option and the 15% trade kicker I don't see a team more in the hole then we our biting on that contract.

KP,oquin
Willy,kuz
?, lance
Timmy, lee
Baker frank

blkexec
7/7/2017  2:32 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
blkexec wrote:I did some research and didn't realize he averaged 14points last year.....only 12 in the playoffs, but sounds like he was balling. I'm also told ATL might match.

I have always liked timmys game ! Seems to have worked hard to become a ok defender . I don't think atl matches. They are in full tank mode,why pay the money when your going for number one pick.

I will say this is a win win deal for the knicks. 1 if atl dose not match Timmy gives is a up and coming sg to match up with our core. This also gives Dotson a chance to come off the bench and relax.

2. If atl matches, oh well that contract sucks for there rebuild . Esp with Kent on there roster.

Again with the last year player option and the 15% trade kicker I don't see a team more in the hole then we our biting on that contract.

KP,oquin
Willy,kuz
?, lance
Timmy, lee
Baker frank

Marc Berman: His father Tim Hardaway Sr. told me at summer league his son harbored no “bad blood” with Knicks. The guy that traded him was gone. 3 hours ago – via Twitter NYPost_Berman

Looks like Steve Mills never wanted Hardaway traded in the first place. And looks like Hardaway went down south and discovered how to be a lead guard....On top of that, I'm hearing rumors of trading KOQ....as well as Melo.....Mills is really going full force with this youth movement. Reminds me of how GS kept their core tallent all around the same age. Helps them grow together as a team.

blkexec
7/7/2017  2:36 AM
Steve Mills to Phil.....

is similar to

Trump to Obama......

Mills is doing the oposite of phil jackson.....Trying to reclaim the talent we originally had in the first place. And I always new as a team in our situation, we had to over pay for talent. At least he still has room to grow and a father to help him grow into a star.....vs.....a young dude looking to just spend money and not last in the league. Hardaway will always chase his dads shadow, which will continue to push him. I'm warming up to this trade.....I just hope the large contract doesn't become a distraction with other players or himself.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/7/2017  2:46 AM
blkexec wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

KP,oquin
Willy,kuz
?, lance
Timmy, lee
Baker frank

Marc Berman: His father Tim Hardaway Sr. told me at summer league his son harbored no “bad blood” with Knicks. The guy that traded him was gone. 3 hours ago – via Twitter NYPost_Berman

Looks like Steve Mills never wanted Hardaway traded in the first place. And looks like Hardaway went down south and discovered how to be a lead guard....On top of that, I'm hearing rumors of trading KOQ....as well as Melo.....Mills is really going full force with this youth movement. Reminds me of how GS kept their core tallent all around the same age. Helps them grow together as a team.

Yes it dose look like mills never wanted him gone, neither did I I've always liked timmys athletic ability he was a poor defender but the ability was always there. He was just a kid when we had him. I felt it was a typical ny knick move of giving up on talent before it matured.

Exciting that Oquinn is being shopped, I like Oquinn but we might score something really good for him . Again I think the ball is in our court with KOQ, we can take the best offer or keep him if we feel it isn't bettering the club. He's a good bench guy! So I would hope a pick and a capable
Role player comes our way in any deal for KOQ.

Fingers crossed we get set up for the future with melo, picks and young guys to fill the bench with good talent! For some reason I trust mills will do what's best for the knicks ! He might be our very own Danny Angie!

lord have mercy... Knicks sign Hardaway Jr to an offer sheet worth almost $80mm

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy