[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How long before we see a huge asset trade?
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/28/2017  9:55 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Mills is the temporary (as far as we know) man in charge. Im hoping he works around the edges, no big deals with long term cap implications. Leave as much room to work with as possible for the incoming pres.

I think that is the plan. I heard that Sam Amick (USA Today) reported that the league office would like for the Knicks to get Ujiri. Not sure how that would happen without them giving up a pick to the Raptors.

Toronto is not going to stop Ujiri from taking on a large, more senior role paying more money.

Honestly, if I were Phil, I would offer RC Buford or Popovich a part ownership in the Knicks to help transform the organization.

AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/28/2017  9:56 PM
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Frank n willy G and two number 1s for denadre jordan. It's coming! This is just another knick rehash. Why couldn't we stay with Phil for the full 5 years?

Go back in time. Every few years we trade draft picks and young plYers for one player

Briggs, the slimy press, Melo and his sidekick KP, and ignorant fans threw Phil aside. And now instead of having a great eye for talent and a guy who keeps all his draft choices in charge we're destined to wander lost in the desert for another 40 years. It's our destiny.

Shouldve pulled the trigger for J Jackson and a little less--he would still be here. I think sports fans--there are many gullible one's. We had a **** team when Jackson came in--dont these people in anyway believe that Phil was told by Dolan to try and make it work with melo first? He did not come close to doing a great great job--BUT the process was changing to rebuilding. Now other teams see us as sckers--now they see. This is the same guy Steve Mills who saw us through how many 20 win seasons? We had one decent season in the last 17 years while spending more than any other team. They are going to say get a third star--bang goodbye draft picks and young players--and then the process--which we have done 4-5 times starts again. Phil couldve shouldve traded KP--I said it that day--just take J Jackson and some additives. Doesnt matter now

RIP Crushalot😞
Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

6/28/2017  10:07 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:Mills is the temporary (as far as we know) man in charge. Im hoping he works around the edges, no big deals with long term cap implications. Leave as much room to work with as possible for the incoming pres.

I think that is the plan. I heard that Sam Amick (USA Today) reported that the league office would like for the Knicks to get Ujiri. Not sure how that would happen without them giving up a pick to the Raptors.

I don't get the ujiri love.

(5)(5)
BRIGGS
6/28/2017  10:08 PM
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He fcked Dolan over a few times--thats it. Championship caliber? Never got out of rd 2.

RIP Crushalot😞
Chandler

6/28/2017  10:13 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Frank n willy G and two number 1s for denadre jordan. It's coming! This is just another knick rehash. Why couldn't we stay with Phil for the full 5 years?

Go back in time. Every few years we trade draft picks and young plYers for one player

Briggs, the slimy press, Melo and his sidekick KP, and ignorant fans threw Phil aside. And now instead of having a great eye for talent and a guy who keeps all his draft choices in charge we're destined to wander lost in the desert for another 40 years. It's our destiny.

Shouldve pulled the trigger for J Jackson and a little less--he would still be here. I think sports fans--there are many gullible one's. We had a **** team when Jackson came in--dont these people in anyway believe that Phil was told by Dolan to try and make it work with melo first? He did not come close to doing a great great job--BUT the process was changing to rebuilding. Now other teams see us as sckers--now they see. This is the same guy Steve Mills who saw us through how many 20 win seasons? We had one decent season in the last 17 years while spending more than any other team. They are going to say get a third star--bang goodbye draft picks and young players--and then the process--which we have done 4-5 times starts again. Phil couldve shouldve traded KP--I said it that day--just take J Jackson and some additives. Doesnt matter now

Briggs the non-trade will be debated for a long time. It had nothing to do w phils departure. Phils was like mdas firmly focused on melo.

We will now get a mediocre gm who will try and make a splash signing or trade assets.

To the Phil critics: ancient Chinese proverb -- be careful what you ask for...

(5)(5)
Chandler

6/28/2017  10:14 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Chandler wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He fcked Dolan over a few times--thats it. Championship caliber? Never got out of rd 2.

Other than fleecing Knicks his drafts are spotty. His FA signing is spotty. Trades meh

(5)(5)
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/28/2017  10:17 PM
franco12 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Toronto is not going to stop Ujiri from taking on a large, more senior role paying more money.

Honestly, if I were Phil, I would offer RC Buford or Popovich a part ownership in the Knicks to help transform the organization.

Ujiri already has the keys and is one of the highest paid execs. It seems like he will be the guy when its all said and done though.

I wonder if Presti can be had. Especially if Westbrook decides to bolt. Other then trading away Harden. His draft picks and trades are great.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

6/28/2017  10:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2017  10:20 PM
This is what made me secure about Phil
He was not good but he kept plugging away at rebuilding and bringing in new young players while valuing drafts

After each season rookies added to team
2014-15: Porzingis, Hernangomez, Grant
2015-16: Kuzminskas, Baker, Randle
2016-17: Ntilikina, Dotson

I'm worried we will send a good asset away for a veteran star.

Even the Porzingis trade talk

It was for two lottery picks young starter AND Noah contract out

Can't say I am sure next guy will be interested in drafting and developing

In NY they want immediate results
If Phil couldn't get patience doubt anyone else would

Chandler

6/28/2017  10:23 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
franco12 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Ujiri already has the keys and is one of the highest paid execs. It seems like he will be the guy when its all said and done though.

I wonder if Presti can be had. Especially if Westbrook decides to bolt. Other then trading away Harden. His draft picks and trades are great.

He got zero for KD. That to me a monster flub. Guy can draft well especially with high picks but his trades are iffy

I'd prefer him to ujiri

(5)(5)
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/28/2017  11:29 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:

Oh look, Briggs figured out a way to mention an imaginary Josh Jackson for KP trade again.

BRIGGS
6/29/2017  12:08 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:

Oh look, Briggs figured out a way to mention an imaginary Josh Jackson for KP trade again.

Id rather an imaginary trade that the sht we are about to endure with Steve Mills. The Knicks are like a relative with cancer--you love them--but you know they are diseased with something God awful. The only true treatment is a person with very large pockets who can buy the team and kick the rest of this BS out. Unfortunately not many of these people exist.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/29/2017  12:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2017  12:46 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:

Id rather an imaginary trade that the sht we are about to endure with Steve Mills. The Knicks are like a relative with cancer--you love them--but you know they are diseased with something God awful. The only true treatment is a person with very large pockets who can buy the team and kick the rest of this BS out. Unfortunately not many of these people exist.

Then stop enduring it.

The Knicks are one asset in a larger publicly traded company, a profitable one. They aren't saleable.

That said, to suggest Phil Jackson would still be here if he had traded porzingis is absent of common sense. That may be the thing that helps you believe you know basketball better than other people, but to suggest James Dolan of all people would be so impressed with swapping a player he likely has never heard of for porzingis, perhaps his star power a factor in Jackson being fired, just lacks any sense.

BRIGGS
6/29/2017  1:42 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:

Then stop enduring it.

The Knicks are one asset in a larger publicly traded company, a profitable one. They aren't saleable.

That said, to suggest Phil Jackson would still be here if he had traded porzingis is absent of common sense. That may be the thing that helps you believe you know basketball better than other people, but to suggest James Dolan of all people would be so impressed with swapping a player he likely has never heard of for porzingis, perhaps his star power a factor in Jackson being fired, just lacks any sense.

LOL What does Jim Dolan know about basketball???? So an owner would not know who a top pick is--thats why we sck! A person with only slight knowledge ultimately makes the calls. Thats why we have won less money per games spent over 20 years--worst ratio in sports history.

We couldve used Jackson badly to balance the team--no desperation for KP with Willy G here. They dont balance each other out. Jackson was the two way player we needed--perfect fit. Alas now he is the 3rd or 4th option on a terribly balanced Suns team.

RIP Crushalot😞
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/29/2017  2:04 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:

Then stop enduring it.

LOL What does Jim Dolan know about basketball???? So an owner would not know who a top pick is--thats why we sck! A person with only slight knowledge ultimately makes the calls. Thats why we have won less money per games spent over 20 years--worst ratio in sports history.

We couldve used Jackson badly to balance the team--no desperation for KP with Willy G here. They dont balance each other out. Jackson was the two way player we needed--perfect fit. Alas now he is the 3rd or 4th option on a terribly balanced Suns team.

He let Phil make all basketball decisions. It is reported that some of te other font office people were talking to him all year about Phil needing to be replaced. Some coaches and players reportedly also were making complaints.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/29/2017  2:04 AM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
reub wrote:

Then stop enduring it.

He let Phil make all basketball decisions. It is reported that some of te other font office people were talking to him all year about Phil needing to be replaced. Some coaches and players reportedly also were making complaints.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
smackeddog
Member: #883
6/29/2017  3:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2017  3:22 AM
All we had to do was stay the course for the next 2 years- get rid of melo, lose so we get high lottery picks, draft wisely. Now we're going to turn back the clocks and go back to treadmill city. Maddening. Knicks fans get what they deserve - how dare Phil say melo holds the ball!

Phil's real crime was he treated the media with contempt, so they laid into him relentlessly and stirred up the fans against him- leapt on anything he said and when he didn't say anything they leapt on that.

Compare his stint to Donnie Walsch's- Donnies was way worse but because he was nice to the writers he gets a pass, compare his coverage to Phil's.

mlby1215
Member: #6486

6/29/2017  5:14 AM
Yeah, everything is man-made. Phil is destroyed by the media and fans behind it. I really think he should not have taken this job. In the building, who has really won anything for the Knicks? He was one of the few. If I were a GM of other teams, I really don't think I would take this job. The money is there, but the power struggle is too much. The media would destroy my career. If a 11 times champion and 2 times champion as knicks player could not save Phil, why would I think I can do better than him? It is death. It is curse.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/29/2017  8:23 AM
franco12 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

If you were Phil, you'd be a senile man addicted to triangles.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/29/2017  8:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2017  8:41 AM
Before Phil got here, Dolan blocked the Lowry trade because he no longer wanted to give up picks. If Ujiri comes, I think you'll still see a rebuild through the draft but it will be done by a man who actually is competent at making trades and signing players too. We won't be overpaying for useless big names like Melo, Rose, and Noah. It will be a much more intelligent rebuild.

Ujiri is a former player and understands the game well. He also understands all the analytics and modern NBA. It's the perfect biography and philosophy for a GM.

BRIGGS
6/29/2017  8:52 AM
Bonn1997 wrote:Before Phil got here, Dolan blocked the Lowry trade because he no longer wanted to give up picks. If Uriji comes, I think you'll still see a rebuild through the draft but it will be done by a man who actually is competent at making trades and signing players too. We won't be overpaying for useless big names like Melo, Rose, and Noah. It will be a much more intelligent rebuild.

Uriji is a former player and understands the game well. He also understands all the analytics and modern NBA. It's the perfect biography and philosophy for a GM.

You mean like giving Demmarre Carroll 4 years and 62mm? Or trading for Serge Ibaka for your young lottery pick player and an additional 1st rd pick as he goes to free agency? Several lottery picks and 1st rounders equaled to nothing? Already had Demar and Lowry on the roster before he took over. How did he improve the team that much-- Complete playoff failure?
Now watch the Raptors--losing Lowry lets see where they are now:)

RIP Crushalot😞
How long before we see a huge asset trade?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy