[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How long before we see a huge asset trade?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/28/2017  6:08 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2017  6:12 PM
Frank n willy G and two number 1s for denadre jordan. It's coming! This is just another knick rehash. Why couldn't we stay with Phil for the full 5 years?

Go back in time. Every few years we trade draft picks and young plYers for one player

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
6/28/2017  6:15 PM
I hope you are playing devils advocate here, because what you are saying makes no sense. You are complaining about a trade that you just made up! I loved the direction Phil was headed from a rebuilding standpoint, but he turned this culture into a bigger circle than ever and a nightmare from a PR standpoint. And to top if off, he was at odds with his biggest rebuilding piece. A piece many teams were willing to sell the farm for. That was my tipping point. I get he was never going to trade him, but you just can't have this poor of a relationship with players, agents, media, etc and run a functional organization.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/28/2017  6:38 PM
Can we go back to the good ole days when we signed players brothers to NBA contracts in order to secure them resigning with us. It is a players league after all.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
6/28/2017  6:40 PM
It's a small ball league. Deandre stock has dropped. Nonsense on that trade.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/28/2017  6:46 PM
It won't be for Deandre, Kyle Lowry or Westbrook are definitely on the radar. We may even send Billy and Nitty and picks along with sign and traded Rose. Be afraid, be very afraid.
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/28/2017  6:46 PM
I hope not till the 2019 off-season
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/28/2017  6:51 PM
Paris907 wrote:It's a small ball league. Deandre stock has dropped. Nonsense on that trade.

KP got the juice now. Willy ain't going anywhere unless KP say so.

But Jordan fits small ball, other than FT% he is the ideal center for it. Defensive anchor who rebounds like a monster and holds a 70 fg% and 60+ ts%.

He would be the Amare, Tyson, Capela role as finisher surrounded by 3 pt shooters. Stretch 4s would give him one on ones for rebounds. Which is why when Blake is ever injured and they put in a stretch 4 next to Jordan instead his numbers sky rocket.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/28/2017  7:00 PM
Knixkik wrote:I hope you are playing devils advocate here, because what you are saying makes no sense. You are complaining about a trade that you just made up! I loved the direction Phil was headed from a rebuilding standpoint, but he turned this culture into a bigger circle than ever and a nightmare from a PR standpoint. And to top if off, he was at odds with his biggest rebuilding piece. A piece many teams were willing to sell the farm for. That was my tipping point. I get he was never going to trade him, but you just can't have this poor of a relationship with players, agents, media, etc and run a functional organization.

Well said. I agree.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/28/2017  7:26 PM
BRIGGS wrote:Frank n willy G and two number 1s for denadre jordan. It's coming! This is just another knick rehash. Why couldn't we stay with Phil for the full 5 years?

Go back in time. Every few years we trade draft picks and young plYers for one player

That would be the worst trade ever . Like ever in the history on knick aweful trades... maybe melo for Jordan and a number 1

Why on earth would we give up two lottery picks in Willy and frank and to add insult to injury two first round picks . For a guy who gets 98% of his points off dunks no offensive game liability on the free throw line ...

Again melo for Jordan I'd be ok with but, to give up two future all stars and 2 number ones picks for a one dimensional border line all star player... Doc would be laughing his ass off and dancing a Jij

Absolutely not, try again

StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/28/2017  7:29 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:Frank n willy G and two number 1s for denadre jordan. It's coming! This is just another knick rehash. Why couldn't we stay with Phil for the full 5 years?

That would be the worst trade ever . Like ever in the history on knick aweful trades... maybe melo for Jordan and a number 1

Why on earth would we give up two lottery picks in Willy and frank and to add insult to injury two first round picks . For a guy who gets 98% of his points off dunks no offensive game liability on the free throw line ...

Again melo for Jordan I'd be ok with but, to give up two future all stars and 2 number ones picks for a one dimensional border line all star player... Doc would be laughing his ass off and dancing a Jij

Pretty sure Briggs was being sarcastic
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/28/2017  7:32 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
fitzfarm wrote:

Pretty sure Briggs was being sarcastic

Lol thank god but you can't put anything past the knicks there like the jets of basketball

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/28/2017  7:32 PM
I'm hopeful that James Dolan got the message from McKinsey, and will not allow future draft picks to be traded. It's the only way to add value to a franchise.
mlby1215
Member: #6486

6/28/2017  7:39 PM
It can be other trades but the theme is the same. New, unproven players exchange for old, proven players. The reason is that it is players league and players do not like picks because it has no arm or leg. Players don't like young players either. They like good, powerful, famous players. They are often old and look for big contracts that is why they have mutual interest with Knicks. Of course Knicks doesn't want to but KP's brother or Melo's source would say Knicks have to show it means business otherwise they would go other teams very soon. Then Dolan would be panic. He killed off a prez to make players happy, why would he care about picks or young players? Willy'd better wants be a bench player because he has to. His best friend plays C and the another powerful victim plays PF best. and Frank? I don't know if he is bust but he'd better know how to pass the ball to KP or Melo if he wants to be here.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/28/2017  7:48 PM

Its going to happen they will appease the malcontent stars, Porzingis has grown up to be just like his chucker idol get ready for another decade of darkness

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
reub
Member: #6227

6/28/2017  7:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2017  7:52 PM

Briggs, the slimy press, Melo and his sidekick KP, and ignorant fans threw Phil aside. And now instead of having a great eye for talent and a guy who keeps all his draft choices in charge we're destined to wander lost in the desert for another 40 years. It's our destiny.

Sinix
Member: #7495

6/28/2017  8:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2017  8:05 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

Its going to happen they will appease the malcontent stars, Porzingis has grown up to be just like his chucker idol get ready for another decade of darkness

This. Melo has taught KP to 'get his' from the front office.

He's copying Melo's off season strategy now with the off season workout videos and talk about focusing on basketball. Bitch, don't skip out on your exit meeting, have a hand in your president getting fired in part for you being a diva, then make these cheesy instagram vids.

This was why I was in favor of trading KP. For however talented he is, he isn't the personality leader the Knicks need right now. He's a better 2nd piece to an alpha personality. I want the Westbrook type who cherishes his role as the leader of his squad. Jackson or Fultz might fit that.

Of course Melo has undermined our efforts to drop in place to get one of these guys because Melo has been flying his own colors a long time ago.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/28/2017  8:16 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Can we go back to the good ole days when we signed players brothers to NBA contracts in order to secure them resigning with us. It is a players league after all.

Well, we do have one Holiday bro. We missed the boat on Cliff Paul, but Marques Teague is out there somewhere.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/28/2017  9:12 PM
Good news is we can't make a trade for Melo. Right?
He is already here.
DWade??? Uh oh!
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/28/2017  9:35 PM
Mills is the temporary (as far as we know) man in charge. Im hoping he works around the edges, no big deals with long term cap implications. Leave as much room to work with as possible for the incoming pres.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/28/2017  9:38 PM
GustavBahler wrote:Mills is the temporary (as far as we know) man in charge. Im hoping he works around the edges, no big deals with long term cap implications. Leave as much room to work with as possible for the incoming pres.

I think that is the plan. I heard that Sam Amick (USA Today) reported that the league office would like for the Knicks to get Ujiri. Not sure how that would happen without them giving up a pick to the Raptors.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
How long before we see a huge asset trade?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy