Phil had to sacrifice himself to get the Knicks out of the media's crosshairs
Author Thread
StarksEwing1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4451

6/28/2017  6:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2017  6:57 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
reub wrote:Since the Phil haters are convinced that all the players in the league love Melo and hated Phil let's see how many of them come over now in free agency and play for the minimum salary.
I think Even the bigtime Melo fans would probably admit that he isn't a draw in his career. I do believe that IF Phil was coaching he would have been more of a draw

If the Knicks had cap space when Melo first came and the team was making the playoffs maybe we would have seen this. The Knicks haven't had cap space during Melo's tenure except for the Rolo, Afflalo offseason and Phil wanted a couple of players.
Melo has never been a draw. I'm not hating on the guy I'm just being honest. Melo simply isn't a guy you can build around...he fits better as the 2nd or third guy on a contender
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/28/2017  6:58 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
reub wrote:Since the Phil haters are convinced that all the players in the league love Melo and hated Phil let's see how many of them come over now in free agency and play for the minimum salary.
I think Even the bigtime Melo fans would probably admit that he isn't a draw in his career. I do believe that IF Phil was coaching he would have been more of a draw

If the Knicks had cap space when Melo first came and the team was making the playoffs maybe we would have seen this. The Knicks haven't had cap space during Melo's tenure except for the Rolo, Afflalo offseason and Phil wanted a couple of players.
Melo has never been a draw. I'm not hating on the guy I'm just being honest. Melo simply isn't a guy you can build around...he fits better as the 2nd or third guy on a contender
When have the Knicks had cap space during his tenure?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
StarksEwing1

6/28/2017  7:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

They had cap space 2 summers ago and free agents weren't exactly running to play with melo.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/28/2017  7:07 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

They had cap space 2 summers ago and free agents weren't exactly running to play with melo.

We signed Noah and Lee... the year before that we signed affalo, Robin, KOQ and Derrick Williams...

Every major free agent that loved Melo turned their back to playing with him

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/28/2017  7:21 PM
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

We signed Noah and Lee... the year before that we signed affalo, Robin, KOQ and Derrick Williams...

When will Fans get it thru their heads that the Banana Boat ain't comin to New York!!! There's no Cavalry comin to the rescue! The YOUTH that Phil brought in will form the majority of this team going forward and we have to GROW OUR OWN STARS and win games until the team is good enough to be a Free Agent destination. That's not a quick fix. This is STILL A REBUILD!

EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/28/2017  7:27 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

When will Fans get it thru their heads that the Banana Boat ain't comin to New York!!! There's no Cavalry comin to the rescue! The YOUTH that Phil brought in will form the majority of this team going forward and we have to GROW OUR OWN STARS and win games until the team is good enough to be a Free Agent destination. That's not a quick fix. This is STILL A REBUILD MOTHERFUCKER

Fixed

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/28/2017  7:29 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

When will Fans get it thru their heads that the Banana Boat ain't comin to New York!!! There's no Cavalry comin to the rescue! The YOUTH that Phil brought in will form the majority of this team going forward and we have to GROW OUR OWN STARS and win games until the team is good enough to be a Free Agent destination. That's not a quick fix. This is STILL A REBUILD!

How about NEVER? Remember half of this country voted for Trump. America and New York for sure has a bad case STOOPID.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
USA
6/28/2017  7:37 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Phil said he wanted to sign two players. The only guy to leave money on the table and go somewhere else was Aldridge. Phil told him he would have to play center so they didn't meet.
StarksEwing1

6/28/2017  7:38 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Phil said he wanted to sign two players. The only guy to leave money on the table and go somewhere else was Aldridge. Phil told him he would have to play center so they didn't meet.
Come on man Aldridge was never coming here anyway.
CrushAlot
USA
6/28/2017  7:39 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

What fans are suggesting that is happening? Can you think Phil was really bad at his job and still want the team to rebuild? Calling three accidental tanks a plan is more than stretching the truth. Come Nix, you are selling people short. Who on this board is asking for picks to be traded etc to bring in stars to play with Melo?
nixluva
USA
6/28/2017  7:47 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

None of this matters anymore. The dye is cast! This team HAS TO REBUILD! There is no other way. The Stars are pretty much all paired up on other teams. Only a few guys left and THEY AIN'T COMIN HERE!

nixluva
USA
6/28/2017  7:50 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

What fans are suggesting that is happening? Can you think Phil was really bad at his job and still want the team to rebuild? Calling three accidental tanks a plan is more than stretching the truth. Come Nix, you are selling people short. Who on this board is asking for picks to be traded etc to bring in stars to play with Melo?

You have obviously not spent much time on Twitter or Real GM. NYK Fans are deluded! They think Phil's firing solves everything and the floodgates will now open. No acknowledgement of the fact that this team is going forward Largely with Phil's players and Free Agency will be modest. Getting rid of Phil was WINDOW DRESSING.

CrushAlot
USA
6/28/2017  8:02 PM
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

You have obviously not spent much time on Twitter or Real GM. NYK Fans are deluded! They think Phil's firing solves everything and the floodgates will now open. No acknowledgement of the fact that this team is going forward Largely with Phil's players and Free Agency will be modest. Getting rid of Phil was WINDOW DRESSING.

I wouldn't bother with guys on realgm. I use twitter differently, I just follow guys I don't tweet much.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/28/2017  9:11 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Come on man Aldridge was never coming here anyway.

He would be a bad fit with Melo regardless. Not enough defense, not enough ball movement.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
reub
Member: #6227

6/28/2017  9:59 PM
Phil died for the sins of the slimy journalists, ungrateful fans and treasonous players. But it was too late to derail the future championship juggernaut that he has already put in place. His big three of Willy, Frank and the treasonous unicorn will bring plenty of future rings and acclaim. Baker, Dotson and Jaramaz plus all our future draft picks that he didn't trade away will partake in the spoils as well. Phil has ensured future greatness and we should all be thankful that he blessed us with his countenance.
Chandler
Member: #6197

6/28/2017  10:28 PM
reub wrote:Phil died for the sins of the slimy journalists, ungrateful fans and treasonous players. But it was too late to derail the future championship juggernaut that he has already put in place. His big three of Willy, Frank and the treasonous unicorn will bring plenty of future rings and acclaim. Baker, Dotson and Jaramaz plus all our future draft picks that he didn't trade away will partake in the spoils as well. Phil has ensured future greatness and we should all be thankful that he blessed us with his countenance.

Haha

Kp = Judas.

Guy has a big bullseye on his back as does Janis. Better put up because there's no one left to blame

(5)(5)
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/28/2017  11:33 PM
If only Phil sacrificed his ego or actually treated this as a full-time job when he first got here.

Goink goink goink gone

mlby1215
Member: #6486

6/28/2017  11:49 PM
Yes, he wanted to buyout Melo so he is fired.......then Knicks is going to buyout Melo? Are we idiots? or Media assume we are? The media think we can not think and they do it for us instead? Either Phil Jackson wanted to buyout Melo or not. If Knicks wants to do the same thing Phil wanted to do, why fired him now? It is pretty sure what Knicks is going to do is not what Phil wanted to do, otherwise he would still be here.
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
6/29/2017  5:33 AM
mlby1215 wrote:Yes, he wanted to buyout Melo so he is fired.......then Knicks is going to buyout Melo? Are we idiots? or Media assume we are? The media think we can not think and they do it for us instead? Either Phil Jackson wanted to buyout Melo or not. If Knicks wants to do the same thing Phil wanted to do, why fired him now? It is pretty sure what Knicks is going to do is not what Phil wanted to do, otherwise he would still be here.

You are right. No good exec in their right mind would buy-out Melo. Phil publicly antagonized the Knicks 2 best players and there was a deep chasm. Phil had to go for that reason. Trade Melo - yes if that is the direction mgmt wants to go. Buy him out - never. Melo is still healthy; productive and a star. People come to MSG and pay good money to watch him and the team play. You don't just send him away for nothing and continue to pay him.

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
reub
Member: #6227

6/29/2017  10:51 AM
Markji wrote:
mlby1215 wrote:Yes, he wanted to buyout Melo so he is fired.......then Knicks is going to buyout Melo? Are we idiots? or Media assume we are? The media think we can not think and they do it for us instead? Either Phil Jackson wanted to buyout Melo or not. If Knicks wants to do the same thing Phil wanted to do, why fired him now? It is pretty sure what Knicks is going to do is not what Phil wanted to do, otherwise he would still be here.

You are right. No good exec in their right mind would buy-out Melo. Phil publicly antagonized the Knicks 2 best players and there was a deep chasm. Phil had to go for that reason. Trade Melo - yes if that is the direction mgmt wants to go. Buy him out - never. Melo is still healthy; productive and a star. People come to MSG and pay good money to watch him and the team play. You don't just send him away for nothing and continue to pay him.

Why wouldn't you want to buy out an aging player making $26 million per who had a WS48 of 0.89, which is worse than an average NBA player?

Phil had to sacrifice himself to get the Knicks out of the media's crosshairs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy