[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Phil had to sacrifice himself to get the Knicks out of the media's crosshairs
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/28/2017  5:23 PM
He's gone now... not fired. They mutually agreed he step down. The Knicks still want to trade Melo. They still want to rebuild with youth. Now we can do that because there is no Phil or triangle to hate on
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
6/28/2017  5:26 PM
So does Melo still want off the Knicks? If so why now that Phil is gone?
PURE KNICKS LOVE
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/28/2017  5:31 PM
Andrew wrote:So does Melo still want off the Knicks? If so why now that Phil is gone?

The Knicks still want to trade Melo according to Wojo. Are you asking what finally caused Dolan to fire Phil?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/28/2017  5:31 PM
I like this take. It's optimistic. I hope you are right and the Knicks follow the direction that Phil has pointed this team in.
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/28/2017  5:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Andrew wrote:So does Melo still want off the Knicks? If so why now that Phil is gone?

The Knicks still want to trade Melo according to Wojo. Are you asking what finally caused Dolan to fire Phil?
We need BOTH phil and melo to be gone to be honest. Need a fresh start with KP
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/28/2017  5:39 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Phil left the team in a rebuilding mode and that benefits KP whether he appreciated it or not. Melo is still 10+ yrs older than the young core of the team. KP is STILL gonna have to learn how to lead and get it done without Melo. Basically nothing changed except Phil's no longer a target for Media and Fan Attack. They got their sacrifice and now the Blood Lust is over but Phil's still left his imprint on the franchise.

StarksEwing1

6/28/2017  5:42 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Phil left the team in a rebuilding mode and that benefits KP whether he appreciated it or not. Melo is still 10+ yrs older than the young core of the team. KP is STILL gonna have to learn how to lead and get it done without Melo. Basically nothing changed except Phil's no longer a target for Media and Fan Attack. They got their sacrifice and now the Blood Lust is over but Phil's still left his imprint on the franchise.

I'm not bashing Phil. I like that he didn't give up our future draft picks. However I understand why he was fire. However I also think melo needs to be gone. We have given a lot to this guy and he just hasn't worked out here. I don't want to see ISO for the next two years instead of developing our future(KP Willy and Frank)
CrushAlot
USA
6/28/2017  5:44 PM
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

What was Phil's imprint?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/28/2017  5:47 PM
EnySpree wrote:He's gone now... not fired. They mutually agreed he step down. The Knicks still want to trade Melo. They still want to rebuild with youth. Now we can do that because there is no Phil or triangle to hate on

This could be one of the slickest ways to continue to rebuild ever. Sacrificing Phil to the angry Mob but STILL carrying thru on the development process. Despite all the delighted Media Heads doing a victory dance Phil still left this team with a viable rebuilding process. All these young players Phil has added and they STILL wanna move Melo.

reub
Member: #6227

6/28/2017  5:49 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

What was Phil's imprint?

KP, Willy and Frank was his imprint. Having all of our draft picks going forward was his imprint. Adding lots of youth and stressing team ball not Melo-ball was his imprint.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/28/2017  5:58 PM
nixluva wrote:
EnySpree wrote:He's gone now... not fired. They mutually agreed he step down. The Knicks still want to trade Melo. They still want to rebuild with youth. Now we can do that because there is no Phil or triangle to hate on

This could be one of the slickest ways to continue to rebuild ever. Sacrificing Phil to the angry Mob but STILL carrying thru on the development process. Despite all the delighted Media Heads doing a victory dance Phil still left this team with a viable rebuilding process. All these young players Phil has added and they STILL wanna move Melo.

Reach. Chances are much higher we will start trading our youth for has been "stars" to satisfy our
black hole.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/28/2017  5:59 PM
nixluva wrote:

If they take any other action but rebuild and asset collection they are stupid.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
StarksEwing1

6/28/2017  6:01 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

Reach. Chances are much higher we will start trading our youth for has been "stars" to satisfy our
black hole.

I hope not. I'm fine with the Phil firing but Dolan needs to finally let Melo go too...it hasnt worked here for 6 years
reub
Member: #6227

6/28/2017  6:05 PM
Since the Phil haters are convinced that all the players in the league love Melo and hated Phil let's see how many of them come over now in free agency and play for the minimum salary.
StarksEwing1

6/28/2017  6:08 PM
reub wrote:Since the Phil haters are convinced that all the players in the league love Melo and hated Phil let's see how many of them come over now in free agency and play for the minimum salary.
I think Even the bigtime Melo fans would probably admit that he isn't a draw in his career. I do believe that IF Phil was coaching he would have been more of a draw
CrushAlot
USA
6/28/2017  6:17 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
reub wrote:Since the Phil haters are convinced that all the players in the league love Melo and hated Phil let's see how many of them come over now in free agency and play for the minimum salary.
I think Even the bigtime Melo fans would probably admit that he isn't a draw in his career. I do believe that IF Phil was coaching he would have been more of a draw

If the Knicks had cap space when Melo first came and the team was making the playoffs maybe we would have seen this. The Knicks haven't had cap space during Melo's tenure except for the Rolo, Afflalo offseason and Phil wanted a couple of players.
CrushAlot
USA
6/28/2017  6:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

If the Knicks had cap space when Melo first came and the team was making the playoffs maybe we would have seen this. The Knicks haven't had cap space during Melo's tenure except for the Rolo, Afflalo offseason and Phil wanted a couple of players.
Tyson did come to NY.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/28/2017  6:26 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Tyson did come to NY.

Tyson was traded to ny.... sigh rookie

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
CrushAlot
USA
6/28/2017  6:33 PM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:

Tyson did come to NY.

Tyson was traded to ny.... sigh rookie

Sigh is right. It was a sign and trade because Tyson wanted to come to NY. The Knicks lost Turiaf and Rautins I believe.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/28/2017  6:35 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:

black hole.

I hope not. I'm fine with the Phil firing but Dolan needs to finally let Melo go too...it hasnt worked here for 6 years

If firing Phil means Dolan gets a brain implant and can get his head out of Melo's ass, thenI would want him to fire Phil three times a day everyday for the test of his pitiful life

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Phil had to sacrifice himself to get the Knicks out of the media's crosshairs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy