[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

SAS reporting Melo doesn't want a trade because he doesn't want to gut his future team
Author Thread
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/28/2017  5:15 PM
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
AUTOADVERT
StarksEwing1
Member: #4451

6/28/2017  5:34 PM
Why couldn't Melo think of this 6 years ago?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/28/2017  6:19 PM
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Actually hope SAS is wrong on this one...but it would mean something to me since I have always condemned the Knicks original trade for him, given the fact that he supposedly wanted to come here.

I'm not a big fan of hypocrisy, from anyone and in any form...and if Melo actually voiced something like this he should be called out on it.

Who is going to call him out. The media works for him.

I'm designating you...

Might be more anti-Phil than pro-Melo, though. Jackson has rubbed people the wrong way in the past...No?

Yes you are right. I am pro Phil use to be a Melo guy once. I quickly realized even before Phil that Melo's game didn't translate into big time winning. That he needs to be lead. I also know that there very few leaders out there in the NBA.

I also know that people who wanted Phil gone are the same reason why rebuilding will not happen in NY. In an era of super teams how are you going to get past GS and Cavs? There aren't enough players out there to team up with Melo and he needs to be lead so a leader has to come aboard.

Phil had the right approach which was to rebuild and create a window down the road. I see all of that disappear with one move that the owner didn't think through once again he caved in to the demands of those that don't know about basketball or how a team is even built. There are factions of people out there that think it's all easy. They don't know about salary caps or anything behind trades.

Melo has undermined enough people already and will continue to do so until his time in the NBA is over. Today to me is a very sad day in the Knicks franchise. We have just learned that all of NYK decisions are made by the media and players. This trend is a continuous trend. When ever a player doesn't like something instead of buying in its complain and get someone fired at the top. Complain to the media and let them run the witch hunt.

Oh man this is a very sad time.

Very disappointed for once a GM committed to rebuilding something that I wanted for such a long time it might be for nothing.

Exactly how I feel

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
meloshouldgo

6/28/2017  6:32 PM
StarksEwing1 wrote:Why couldn't Melo think of this 6 years ago?

If Melo could think we would be championship contenders by now.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
6/28/2017  6:35 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Actually hope SAS is wrong on this one...but it would mean something to me since I have always condemned the Knicks original trade for him, given the fact that he supposedly wanted to come here.

I'm not a big fan of hypocrisy, from anyone and in any form...and if Melo actually voiced something like this he should be called out on it.

I'm designating you...

Might be more anti-Phil than pro-Melo, though. Jackson has rubbed people the wrong way in the past...No?

Yes you are right. I am pro Phil use to be a Melo guy once. I quickly realized even before Phil that Melo's game didn't translate into big time winning. That he needs to be lead. I also know that there very few leaders out there in the NBA.

I also know that people who wanted Phil gone are the same reason why rebuilding will not happen in NY. In an era of super teams how are you going to get past GS and Cavs? There aren't enough players out there to team up with Melo and he needs to be lead so a leader has to come aboard.

Phil had the right approach which was to rebuild and create a window down the road. I see all of that disappear with one move that the owner didn't think through once again he caved in to the demands of those that don't know about basketball or how a team is even built. There are factions of people out there that think it's all easy. They don't know about salary caps or anything behind trades.

Melo has undermined enough people already and will continue to do so until his time in the NBA is over. Today to me is a very sad day in the Knicks franchise. We have just learned that all of NYK decisions are made by the media and players. This trend is a continuous trend. When ever a player doesn't like something instead of buying in its complain and get someone fired at the top. Complain to the media and let them run the witch hunt.

Very disappointed for once a GM committed to rebuilding something that I wanted for such a long time it might be for nothing.

Exactly how I feel

While i agree with most of what you said, I have to hold off judgemebt of this move until we see who the replacement is. Phil did a good job of setting this team up for life beyond Melo by keeping draft picks and only handing out one heinous contract. He was the bridge GM. Wether that was the plan or not. He was the guy who didnt care about the arrows of the NY media to totally just lose and maybe he was brought in to be Dolans shield for that time.

Or maybe he just failed and fell into the role I just explained.

Either way, if we somehow bring in a guy like Ujiri, to actually build the team up, i cant say this is a sad day.

~You can't run from who you are.~
SwishAndDish13
Member: #5700

6/28/2017  9:13 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
StarksEwing1 wrote:Why couldn't Melo think of this 6 years ago?

If Melo could think we would be championship contenders by now.

Lol

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/28/2017  9:32 PM
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I'm designating you...

In some ways Jackson was trapped into resigning Melo at the start of his tenure. No draft picks in the upcoming draft at the time and few real assets on the team.

Could he have done a sign and trade with Melo and gotten some draft picks and expiring contracts?

Could he have waited to get rid of Chandler at the trade deadline, where he might have picked up value similar to what the Cavs gave Denver for Mosogov?

Could he have kept Hardaway while getting rid of JR and Shumpert, who might have been bad influences on him?

Having his own #1 the next year would have made for a good tanking season, but this was not the case.

Calderon, Sam D, and Larkin turned out to be not worth it, and that year's draft seems to have been his worst as team president.

His biggest problems seem to have been his public, and almost religious, push for the Triangle and his lack of person to person skills. Easier to play head games with your players as a coach, or push a system of play that you are directly coaching, than to do things from afar.

I think his heart was in the right place, but factors which he controlled and did not control led to issues which eventually doomed him.

I think he could have done some the things he wanted without all the pushback if he had shown more tact and exhibited better interpersonal skills-unfortunately, that was as difficult for him as learning the Triangle was for JR and D. Rose.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/28/2017  9:36 PM
http://www.msgnetworks.com/videos/stephen-a-smith-on-impact-of-phil-jackson-leaving/
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Caseloads
Member: #41
6/29/2017  12:18 AM
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
Vmart wrote:

I'm designating you...

yup. sad day. inmates run this place
Caseloads
Member: #41
6/29/2017  12:18 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:CP3 lowered his trade kicker to make the trade happen. Melo would not do this as he is SELFISH and just wants his $$

How do you know that? He might have held things up on Phil but Phil did not work on a partnership with Melo to move him. He created bad blood in a situation where a different approach might have resulted in a better outcome.

so true
WaltLongmire

6/29/2017  2:15 AM
Caseloads wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:CP3 lowered his trade kicker to make the trade happen. Melo would not do this as he is SELFISH and just wants his $$

How do you know that? He might have held things up on Phil but Phil did not work on a partnership with Melo to move him. He created bad blood in a situation where a different approach might have resulted in a better outcome.

so true

Not much evidence of Anthony doing anything where he left money on the table, and this started with how he went from Denver to the Knicks, and then opted out of the last year of a contract that, if I remember correctly, was done the way it was so Melo could get the extra year...No?

Jackson far from perfect, but I have no idea how his contract negotiations with Anthony went down, other than the fact that he got a totally one sided deal with a no trade clause, trade kicker and player option.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/29/2017  5:21 AM
Why does it have to be some conspiracy. It seems more logical that aft r what happen with the Knicks, Melo now realizes that you cannot gut the team if you realistically want to win. That is just someone learning from his mistakes.
Trust the Process
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/29/2017  6:54 AM
TheGame wrote:Why does it have to be some conspiracy. It seems more logical that aft r what happen with the Knicks, Melo now realizes that you cannot gut the team if you realistically want to win. That is just someone learning from his mistakes.

he is angling to save face because he realizes that no one is willing to part with anything to get him. Its his choice not to gut the team. In reality if melo was as good as he trys to make himself look contenders would be banging down our door to get him.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Sinix
Member: #7495

6/29/2017  7:03 AM
TheGame wrote:Why does it have to be some conspiracy. It seems more logical that aft r what happen with the Knicks, Melo now realizes that you cannot gut the team if you realistically want to win. That is just someone learning from his mistakes.

He's learning from his mistakes at the Knicks expense. Making these mistakes don't cost melo, he benefits at every corner.

Dudes a slime ball and plays these passive aggressive mind games to get what he wants.

meloshouldgo

6/29/2017  7:03 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2017  8:52 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

he is angling to save face because he realizes that no one is willing to part with anything to get him. Its his choice not to gut the team. In reality if melo was as good as he trys to make himself look contenders would be banging down our door to get him.

Apparently after Phil completely destroyed his value, just saying we were going to listen to offers led to teams banging down the door to trade for KP. But in spite of openly saying he would trade Melo, which meant we were willing to take back bad contacts not one tram has shown even the slightest interest. Pause.

And the on he team that showed some interest at the trade deadline when they were trying to make a run at a championship, thought Austin Rivers was "too much to give up" for this career loser/ team cancer/coach and GM killer

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/29/2017  7:13 AM
Everyone knows what Melo is. He is a scorer. In today's NBA it is valuable.

HOWEVER - with his low BBall IQ, bad attitude and lack of D, he ends up giving up more than he scores, so he is a net negative and no one wants to trade assets for that. He knows it, Phil knows it and now Steve Mills knows it.

Phil was right buy him out but the problem was that he was cheaper to buy out than Melo. So he lost his job.

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/29/2017  7:21 AM
Jmpasq wrote:

Agreed. When he was younger and better people (other than Knicks) didn't want to pay him what he's getting paid. Iirc Bulls offered 17 million

This is ego. E.g. I didn't like that girl anyway after she declines your advance.

Especially embarrassing that his so called friends have done nothing to bring him on board

(5)(5)
mlby1215
Member: #6486

6/29/2017  8:03 AM
I am not sure people have already read it. This is where "players hate triangles" coming from. Players must hate triangle because they could not say otherwise.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/29/carmelo-anthony-not-off-trade-block-despite-phil-jacksons-exit/

“We’re starting to learn it now the way we should and we should have been playing from the beginning of the season,” Porzingis said then. “So we’re a little behind. Hopefully, I don’t know when, we can start using it properly and making some impact playing it. I like the triangle. My whole first season, we played nothing but the triangle so I know it pretty well.’’

According to an NBA source, Anthony was furious to read Porzingis’ positive sentiments on an offense he disdains.

“Melo really chewed him out, lit into him,’’ the source said.

I don't know what to say. I feel like one day many guys will regret it deeply that we once celebrated Phil Jackson got fired.

meloshouldgo

6/29/2017  8:55 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:Everyone knows what Melo is. He is a scorer. In today's NBA it is valuable.

HOWEVER - with his low BBall IQ, bad attitude and lack of D, he ends up giving up more than he scores, so he is a net negative and no one wants to trade assets for that. He knows it, Phil knows it and now Steve Mills knows it.

Phil was right buy him out but the problem was that he was cheaper to buy out than Melo. So he lost his job.

Phil never agreed to buying him out of suggested that he would consider. The media did it for him as speculation. Personally, I definitely wanted him to either buy MElo out, trade or ask him tho stay home.

WaltLongmire

6/29/2017  8:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/29/2017  8:59 AM
mlby1215 wrote:I am not sure people have already read it. This is where "players hate triangles" coming from. Players must hate triangle because they could not say otherwise.

http://nypost.com/2017/06/29/carmelo-anthony-not-off-trade-block-despite-phil-jacksons-exit/

“We’re starting to learn it now the way we should and we should have been playing from the beginning of the season,” Porzingis said then. “So we’re a little behind. Hopefully, I don’t know when, we can start using it properly and making some impact playing it. I like the triangle. My whole first season, we played nothing but the triangle so I know it pretty well.’’

According to an NBA source, Anthony was furious to read Porzingis’ positive sentiments on an offense he disdains.

“Melo really chewed him out, lit into him,’’ the source said.

I don't know what to say. I feel like one day many guys will regret it deeply that we once celebrated Phil Jackson got fired.

If the story about Melo, KP, and the Triangle is true, this puts things in a much different light for me...Tarnishes how I will look at Anthony from now on- and my opinion of him has gone up and down over the years.

Pretty lame leadership.

SAS reporting Melo doesn't want a trade because he doesn't want to gut his future team

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy