Woj: CP3 traded to Rockets
Author Thread
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/28/2017  12:23 PM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:Seems to me Steven A speaking for Harden today. Looks like they want MDA gone.

Incredible if true but how can you trust anything Steven A says.

MDA just transformed Harden in a MVP canidate

This is my gut feeling but that last game of playoffs left me with the impression that Harden didn't enjoy playing MDA basketball.

AUTOADVERT
yellowboy90
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3538

6/28/2017  12:25 PM
EnySpree wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:This could work only if Harden starts to put in the effort on defense. I do think it can work offensively if Harden plays more off the ball.

But it worked already with Harden asst the point... now they are Gonna make cp3 the point? Harden needs the ball. Cp3 absolutely needs the ball.... just doesn't make sense

Harden has played off the ball before, I think Paul is going to have to make the biggest adjustment. Honestly, I see it similar to Cleveland with Kryie and Lebron but with more tempo.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/28/2017  12:33 PM
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:Seems to me Steven A speaking for Harden today. Looks like they want MDA gone.

This is my gut feeling but that last game of playoffs left me with the impression that Harden didn't enjoy playing MDA basketball.

Wasn't there a different story about Harden being linked to some hit job? I thought that was his distraction

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Vmart
USA
6/28/2017  12:36 PM
martin wrote:
Vmart wrote:
martin wrote:

Wasn't there a different story about Harden being linked to some hit job? I thought that was his distraction

Yeah that Moses Malone jr. thing maybe but that was way before though.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/28/2017  12:38 PM
martin wrote:

Makes no sense if Harden is thinking like this. Did not hear SAS talk about it, but I find it had to believe this is true...

...But it is a player's league.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Vmart
USA
6/28/2017  12:45 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Makes no sense if Harden is thinking like this. Did not hear SAS talk about it, but I find it had to believe this is true...

Players and Media's league.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/28/2017  12:53 PM
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah we as fans should continue to encourage both to destroy what little is left of the league. The NBA is a fukking farce

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/28/2017  12:57 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah we as fans should continue to encourage both to destroy what little is left of the league. The NBA is a fukking farce

Yeah, maybe we as fans can sit next to you and Sinix this season and just boo. And maybe ponder a possible login name change?

meloshouldgo

6/28/2017  1:09 PM
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Yeah, maybe we as fans can sit next to you and Sinix this season and just boo. And maybe ponder a possible login name change?

Oh ... Einstein has crawled back out of the woodwork? Now that precious Melo is calling the shots again. Feeling good about the future? Three ring circus is back in town. 44 WINS and first round exits and "win now" are coming up.

Can't fix stupid.

WaltLongmire

6/28/2017  1:48 PM
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Fair point...
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/28/2017  1:57 PM
MDA coach of the year, Harden has MVP type season and they want him out?
WaltLongmire

6/28/2017  1:57 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Oh ... Einstein has crawled back out of the woodwork? Now that precious Melo is calling the shots again. Feeling good about the future? Three ring circus is back in town. 44 WINS and first round exits and "win now" are coming up.

Can't fix stupid.

Many factors to look at...but it would seem that if you keep Melo you have to cater to Melo. This is what Jackson did with the Rose/Lee/Noah acquisitions. They are players for today...not tomorrow, and Melo was the thought behind Phil bringing them to NY.

If Noah is healthy and the player from a few years ago, maybe this would have worked out, but a team looking toward the future would not have picked up Noah and Rose, especially since we gave up Lopez, a blue collar guy in the middle who seemed to thrive in the Triangle, even if he was not the best passer in the world.

Lopez, KP, Willy, and KOQ would have been one of the better frontline groups in the league, IMO, and Lopez had a very good contract, looking at things now.

Looking at a Teague...giving him a significant contract in terms of years, would be another concession to Melo, and the need to build a team around him, and not KP.

meloshouldgo

6/28/2017  2:20 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/28/2017  2:30 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Can't fix stupid.

Many factors to look at...but it would seem that if you keep Melo you have to cater to Melo. This is what Jackson did with the Rose/Lee/Noah acquisitions. They are players for today...not tomorrow, and Melo was the thought behind Phil bringing them to NY.

If Noah is healthy and the player from a few years ago, maybe this would have worked out, but a team looking toward the future would not have picked up Noah and Rose, especially since we gave up Lopez, a blue collar guy in the middle who seemed to thrive in the Triangle, even if he was not the best passer in the world.

Lopez, KP, Willy, and KOQ would have been one of the better frontline groups in the league, IMO, and Lopez had a very good contract, looking at things now.

Looking at a Teague...giving him a significant contract in terms of years, would be another concession to Melo, and the need to build a team around him, and not KP.

Exactly the complete disaster scenario. We would lose our young core and end up with over the hill injured "stars" that are looking to use the Knicks as an ATM machine. Lots of first round exits and very little else coming our way.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/28/2017  2:48 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/28/2017  2:54 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Can't fix stupid.

Exactly the complete disaster scenario. We would lose our young core and end up with over the hill injured "stars" that are looking to use the Knicks as an ATM machine. Lots of first round exits and very little else coming our way.

Reports I have heard are that Mills wanted to move on from Melo. It might be wise to wait and see what happens. Also, Teague would be much better for KP's development then Rose. If Ujifi is in place I would expect smart management to be the rule.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Swishfm3
Member: #392
6/28/2017  3:05 PM
martin wrote:

bullsh!t

Harden's stats have improved every year since he has been with the Rockets and has been considered a top 5-7 player for years. MDA had nothing to do with that.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/28/2017  3:23 PM
Swishfm3 wrote:
martin wrote:

bullsh!t

Harden's stats have improved every year since he has been with the Rockets and has been considered a top 5-7 player for years. MDA had nothing to do with that.

lunacy. IF you dont think Harden has benefitted greatly from MDA's style of play you have your head in the sand. That is different from saying MDA is great or a transformer of players. However he has most certainly 100% raised the production and play of several guys who have played for him. Nash and Harden took big upticks. Hell so did Duhon and Felton.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/28/2017  3:32 PM
From Mike Eaves. Paul lost faith in Doc since he felt that he cared more about his done than improving the team. Said Austin didnt get along with teammates and clear favoritism was shown toward him. The last straw was Doc turning down a deal for Melo and Sasha for Austin, Crawford, Pierce. (Dont know if any picks were included but probably).

One phone so can't really provide link. Probably could find more info if you looked up Mikes Eaves name with CP3 or Austin Rivers

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
meloshouldgo

6/28/2017  3:34 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Can't fix stupid.

Reports I have heard are that Mills wanted to move on from Melo. It might be wise to wait and see what happens. Also, Teague would be much better for KP's development then Rose. If Ujifi is in place I would expect smart management to be the rule.

LOL - Please check with the last 4 people that tried to move on from Melo. This innane hypocrisy that someone other than Melo is calling the shots is ridiculous.

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/28/2017  4:21 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
jrodmc wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Vmart wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
martin wrote:

Can't fix stupid.

LOL - Please check with the last 4 people that tried to move on from Melo. This innane hypocrisy that someone other than Melo is calling the shots is ridiculous.

Dolan calls the shots. If he hires Uriji, you think Melo is calling the shots? You think Melo told Dolan he wants a metrics expert GM?
Woj: CP3 traded to Rockets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy