[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

why isn't there a 100 threads on how to get rid of NOAH
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/27/2017  7:28 PM
Is it because it's hopeless, I don't hear no buy outs, no stretch provision, no lets waive him.

we have a guy on this roster with the 2nd worst contract in franchise history (houstons is #1) yet he seems to be a side convo.

so we need to get rid of 30+ yr old melo who avg 22pg 7 brds, 3 asst, 70+ games and a allstar nod, as oppose to noah, who played in 40 something games avg less than 9 points, 7 brds and 3 asst.

Hornacek was benching NOAH midway through the 1st qtr never to return until the 3rd qtr, where he played a few more minutes, and bench the rest of the game whenever he was healthy.

How the fck is this not a pressing matter, it's by far worse than the NTC..

ES
AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
6/27/2017  7:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  7:31 PM
The plan is to move him with KP
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/27/2017  7:37 PM
I got my proposal on deck.

Knicks trade Noah, Kuz, KOQ
Suns trade Knight & Chandler.

Suns save money.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
knicks1248
Member: #582
6/27/2017  7:41 PM
My proposal would be to have him take rambis place on the coaching staff, and have rambis scout international players with gaines, all year round
ES
Sinix
Member: #7495

6/27/2017  7:48 PM
He's untradeable. What else do you want to discuss about it?
newyorknewyork
6/27/2017  7:48 PM
You win your proposal is better than mine
ekstarks94
Member: #6104

6/27/2017  7:54 PM
Simple....because we cant
newyorknewyork
6/27/2017  8:06 PM
Noah's contract is ugly and was a stupid signing by Phil. But the Knicks can have 80mil in cap space. Won't mean anything. We aren't signing anyone of quality without overpaying a player who either hasn't proven it yet or is past prime until we become an up and coming playoff team with the players we drafted.

We have 19 mil in cap space now. The only thing its good for is to eat a contract for a future draft pick or 2.

CrushAlot
USA
6/27/2017  8:12 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:Noah's contract is ugly and was a stupid signing by Phil. But the Knicks can have 80mil in cap space. Won't mean anything. We aren't signing anyone of quality without overpaying a player who either hasn't proven it yet or is past prime until we become an up and coming playoff team with the players we drafted.

We have 19 mil in cap space now. The only thing its good for is to eat a contract for a future draft pick or 2.

I am not sure if 19 mil is accurate. It is the number I have heard but Nate Duncan's most recent podcast previews the Knicks offseason. They Sid 16 mil unless the Knicks renounce their rights
To Holiday. Also, do you know if that figure is based on Rose being renounced?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/27/2017  8:20 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:Noah's contract is ugly and was a stupid signing by Phil. But the Knicks can have 80mil in cap space. Won't mean anything. We aren't signing anyone of quality without overpaying a player who either hasn't proven it yet or is past prime until we become an up and coming playoff team with the players we drafted.

I am not sure if 19 mil is accurate. It is the number I have heard but Nate Duncan's most recent podcast previews the Knicks offseason. They Sid 16 mil unless the Knicks renounce their rights
To Holiday. Also, do you know if that figure is based on Rose being renounced?

Rose got like a $30M cap hold, so they aren't signing him to that and will renounce I'd guess

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
6/27/2017  8:29 PM
Because Melo is an easier scapegoat for Phil.
newyorknewyork
6/27/2017  8:42 PM
Bonn1997 wrote:Because Melo is an easier scapegoat for Phil.

Fans beef with Melo isn't about the money he makes. He could be making 40 mil a year right now, if he played like Dadmelo fans wouldn't have any beef with him.

Well except you, you have always been the book keeper of the board.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/27/2017  8:52 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Is it because it's hopeless, I don't hear no buy outs, no stretch provision, no lets waive him.

we have a guy on this roster with the 2nd worst contract in franchise history (houstons is #1) yet he seems to be a side convo.

so we need to get rid of 30+ yr old melo who avg 22pg 7 brds, 3 asst, 70+ games and a allstar nod, as oppose to noah, who played in 40 something games avg less than 9 points, 7 brds and 3 asst.

Hornacek was benching NOAH midway through the 1st qtr never to return until the 3rd qtr, where he played a few more minutes, and bench the rest of the game whenever he was healthy.

You said it , its hopeless no point in discussing it. I had hoped a Noah Porzingis, Bledsoe Jackson deal would go through but no chance of that now
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/27/2017  8:58 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Is it because it's hopeless, I don't hear no buy outs, no stretch provision, no lets waive him.

Because Melo is making more. Is able bodied, and all star, and can play.
Because Noah was hurt most of last year.
Because Noah makes less per year than Melo.
Because Noah is not in demand.

That likely does not change until he can stay on the court for most of the season.
But its a good rant subject, right?

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

6/27/2017  9:00 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

Fans beef with Melo isn't about the money he makes. He could be making 40 mil a year right now, if he played like Dadmelo fans wouldn't have any beef with him.

That's not true. Well, I doubt that is true given that DadMelo was just a year ago not 3 seasons ago.

newyorknewyork
6/27/2017  9:17 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

That's not true. Well, I doubt that is true given that DadMelo was just a year ago not 3 seasons ago.

When he was playing like Dadmelo for that stretch. Even DK7TH was praising him. Nobody was bringing up that 5 yr 120 mil contract with the NTC that he signed the off season prior.

Bonn might have still been

CrushAlot
USA
6/27/2017  9:29 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
yellowboy90 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

When he was playing like Dadmelo for that stretch. Even DK7TH was praising him. Nobody was bringing up that 5 yr 120 mil contract with the NTC that he signed the off season prior.

Bonn might have still been

I don't think you see Dad Melo if Rose is brought back.
reub
Member: #6227

6/27/2017  9:33 PM

Noah can't play. Melo won't.

TripleThreat
Member: #3997

6/28/2017  1:31 AM
knicks1248 wrote:we have a guy on this roster with the 2nd worst contract in franchise history (houstons is #1) yet he seems to be a side convo.

In an ideal sense, men understand the concept of LOYALTY

Back when guys were in a tribe. With spears and shields, it mattered that when things got bad, when the enemy attacked, that the guy to your left and right were your brothers. That they'd fight with you to the end. That you could trust them to stand with you and fight and never give up.

The basis of this loyalty is why men have built incredible things on this planet. Think about it. Railroads. Airplanes. Going out into space. Skyscrapers. Computers. All built by men and usually by groups of men committed to a shared vision, sacrificing for the greater good, sacrificing for each other.

When two men have a conflict, they often weigh out an entire history together. Was this person loyal to me? Did they stand by me when I had nothing? Did they try to lift me up when I was down? Often, it all matters.

When a man and a woman have a conflict. The woman will weigh out the last day or so. That's it. But from a survival standpoint, it makes total sense. In previous times, dudes died off fast and hard and women needed to jump from provider/protector to the next one, or her children would die. Women operate based off of - What have you done from me lately? What's in it for me?

Noah is aging and injured. He gives all he has, he can't give anymore than that. If he could, he would. In a group of men, they see his effort, they see his passion, they see his desire to fight and lead. Sure, he's overpaid and he's a bad contract. But he's LOYAL to the group concept and dynamic. Other can trust him.

Melo just doesn't care. He doesn't give all that he has, he could give more than that. If he could, he might, but he probably won't. Everyone else sees his lack of effort, his lack of passion, his lack of desire and leadership. Sure he's overpaid and a bad contract, but what matters is he's DISLOYAL to the group concept and dynamic. If you want to count on him, you can't. You can't trust him to do what's right for everyone.

In any GROUP OF MEN, the biggest sin is to LET YOUR BROTHERS DOWN WHEN THEY NEEDED YOU THE MOST.

You let them down when you could have done more, you could have given a little more, but you chose not to do it. You don't let them down when you give it all you have, and you simply have no more to give. There is a difference. It's a HUGE DIFFERENCE.

"Being perfect is not that scoreboard out there, it's not about winning. It's about your relationship to yourself, your family and your team mates. Being perfect means you told them the truth. That truth is you did everything you could, there isn't one more thing you could have done. Can you live in that moment, with clear eyes, and love in your heart? With joy in your heart? If you can do that, YOU'RE PERFECT" - Gary Gaines, Friday Night Lights

Melo acts like a disloyal woman. What's in it for me? What are you doing for me? What about the attention and validation I want?

You want respect like man, then don't act like a woman. Don't make it all about you all the time.

If you want respect in a group of men, committed to a goal and vision, then be LOYAL to the greater good for the group. You are citing Melo's and Noah's individual stats. That doesn't measure leadership, it doesn't measure loyalty. It doesn't measure character and heart. Can Melo walk in front of his team mates and feel he told them the truth? That he did everything he could, that there was not one more thing he could have done? No wonder Linsanity drove him insane. Here's some undrafted rookie player, with 1/1000th of the talent, who took the ENTIRE WORLD BY STORM. Who got the attention Melo wanted, and lead the team to wins and acted with poise and without fear. Embracing the team concept and the greater good of what team work is supposed to mean. The problem was not that Melo was jealous, it's that he was ashamed. It's not about the points, the stats, the awards, it's about whether your brothers can count on you when they need you the most.

Noah is a toxic contract, he's not a toxic person.

Melo is a toxic contract and a toxic person.

If you can't see the difference because you are looking at some box scores, then I just plain feel sorry for you. And if ANYONE here wants to look at a box score and think that means more when in a group of men than loyalty and being reliable, then I just plain feel sorry for your kids. Because those kids aren't being taught what it fundamentally means to be a man.

TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
6/28/2017  1:45 AM
There is no way to trade Noah unless we include KP or maybe Willy. We are just stuck with him for two more years. He will be traceable the last year of his deal. We just have a high priced backup right now.
Trust the Process
why isn't there a 100 threads on how to get rid of NOAH

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy