[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is melo going to be starburried by the knicks ?
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

6/27/2017  3:51 PM
I don't think we have to buy him out... I think we send him to the bench and bring him off the bench as a instant offense 6th man ... hey if he doesn't like it he'll ask to be traded. Melo is not a starter on a contender, why should our young starter guns suffer from melo taking the ball outta there hands.

Melo as a starter kills team chemistry, melo in a scoring role off the bench helps team chemistry. I say we offer Otto porter are 20 mil and bring melo off the bench .

Frank,baker,OJ
Lee,Dotson,Randal
Porter,Thomas
Willy,melo
KP,Noah

What's the worst thing that happens melo gets pisses and demands a trade? Great! Best thing he buys in to the sixth man role and we have a good year.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/27/2017  3:52 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:If Melo isn't traded, which it doesn't appear he will be, then Jeff is going to use him like the starter that he is. There's no reason to do anything other than that. I suspect that Melo will be on good behavior in terms of buying in. He knows now that this team is in a different mode. I actually expect that the Knicks will IMPROVE next season. Better chemistry and effort. There's no rush to move Melo.

Doing the same thing over and over again sand expecting different results is the definition of insanity. We have proved behind the shadow of a doubt that Melo won't buy in or do what the Knicks need him to do. He is too fukking selfish and dim witted to do that. Thinking this season will be different is what you did the last 5 years, go back and check the results.
Unless we have a bevy of vets that can carry his sorry ass to the playoffs he will deliver another 37 win season. That's the type of "FRANCHISE PLAYER" he is.

I still stand by my belief that there is no rush to move Melo out via a Buy Out. Not unless he substantially cuts his payout. Otherwise I think we should make teams trade for him or let him play out this season and exercise his option if he wishes. There's simply no rush for the Knicks to do anything detrimental to the team. Melo still has value. We'll see how this plays out but if i'm Phil I let Melo and his people stew in their own juices while I make other moves. Let them come way down and then we can talk.

I think you are right. See how things go and revisit at the trade deadline. Maybe after half a season of triangle/rebuild he decides he wants to leave. Maybe he wants his sanity and takes the eto at the end of next season. No rush. He isn't a bad guy and is well liked by his teammates. His deal becomes more moveable the longer the Knicks wait.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
CrushAlot
USA
6/27/2017  3:53 PM
Vmart wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Vmart wrote:I don't know about you guys but in High School the coach at my school was always my way or the highway guy. He strictly want his system run and those that broke it found themselves on the bench and it didn't matter if the player scored.
If his team consisted of the modified seventh graders and the best player in the country for his class running as the varsity does he bench him?

The High School I went to was winning state championships. The coach knew how to win and he knew what winning was and how he wanted to get wins. He had good talent but wanted a team concept.

I wish he was running the Knicks.

matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
6/27/2017  4:01 PM
Most of you guys are all nuts. Melo is not "selfish." He signed an excellent contract (for him) that he negotiated and doesn't owe the Knicks anything. The bad reputation the Knicks are getting around the league is self-inflicted.

Phil and the Knicks were 100% in the driver's seat and they blew it by giving him essentially everything he wanted, contract-wise.

I personally think Melo should want to get traded (why would you want to hang around this mess) but he isn't "selfish" by wanting to stay.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/27/2017  4:08 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:If Melo isn't traded, which it doesn't appear he will be, then Jeff is going to use him like the starter that he is. There's no reason to do anything other than that. I suspect that Melo will be on good behavior in terms of buying in. He knows now that this team is in a different mode. I actually expect that the Knicks will IMPROVE next season. Better chemistry and effort. There's no rush to move Melo.

Doing the same thing over and over again sand expecting different results is the definition of insanity. We have proved behind the shadow of a doubt that Melo won't buy in or do what the Knicks need him to do. He is too fukking selfish and dim witted to do that. Thinking this season will be different is what you did the last 5 years, go back and check the results.
Unless we have a bevy of vets that can carry his sorry ass to the playoffs he will deliver another 37 win season. That's the type of "FRANCHISE PLAYER" he is.

I still stand by my belief that there is no rush to move Melo out via a Buy Out. Not unless he substantially cuts his payout. Otherwise I think we should make teams trade for him or let him play out this season and exercise his option if he wishes. There's simply no rush for the Knicks to do anything detrimental to the team. Melo still has value. We'll see how this plays out but if i'm Phil I let Melo and his people stew in their own juices while I make other moves. Let them come way down and then we can talk.

You are a reasonable guy, you saw the effect he has had on KP. Do you seriously want him to keep poisoning the minds of the kids by his self serving proxy war against management? How is that useful to the team?

Not sure that Anthony would intentionally poison the mind of KP, or any young player, but in KP's case, just having Anthony around and potentially being shut down or in "distress" will be a distraction I don't want for this team.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/27/2017  4:29 PM
matt wrote:Most of you guys are all nuts. Melo is not "selfish." He signed an excellent contract (for him) that he negotiated and doesn't owe the Knicks anything. The bad reputation the Knicks are getting around the league is self-inflicted.

Phil and the Knicks were 100% in the driver's seat and they blew it by giving him essentially everything he wanted, contract-wise.

I personally think Melo should want to get traded (why would you want to hang around this mess) but he isn't "selfish" by wanting to stay.

You can't separate Melo from the Knicks as if he played no part in the mess. Melo is SMACK DAB IN THE MIDDLE of everything that's gone on! He forced his way out of Denver and now he's trying to slip out of NY in a way that HURTS the Knicks. Everyone is so focused on Phil and the Knicks Org but Melo has to also bare some responsibility for the dysfunction.

The Knicks are right to not want to give Melo everything he wants again if it hurts the franchise.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/27/2017  4:51 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  4:54 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

You are a reasonable guy, you saw the effect he has had on KP. Do you seriously want him to keep poisoning the minds of the kids by his self serving proxy war against management? How is that useful to the team?

Not sure that Anthony would intentionally poison the mind of KP, or any young player, but in KP's case, just having Anthony around and potentially being shut down or in "distress" will be a distraction I don't want for this team.

Rookies learn by observing what the vets do. And they learn the most from the established vets that are the leaders. Melo has been fighting a proxy war with Phil and Jeff, and before that with Walsh and MDA. So what the rookies are learning is that if you are the"star" player on the team then get to call the shots failing which you hold the team hostage by playing the victim in the media. And KPs actions are very consistent with those learnings.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/27/2017  8:30 PM
I ain't gonna lie, When the NTC was agreed to on the contract. I thought it was only to prevent the Knicks from trading him to Sacramento or something like that. I always felt that if things didn't work out. Melo would waive it to go to a contender like 99.9% of the players around the league given the circumstances. I never would have guessed that Melo just flat out wouldn't care about winning and not waive his NTC to go to contenders.

You can't bench him outright though that's just silly. Melo and Rose together was bad. I think its tolerable if its just Melo. Leave it up to JH to make the call if he is disrupting the offensive flow to pull him and see if a different combination would work. But we must do what we never do and bite the bullet for one more season. Then either he opts out saving us money or we can waive him and hope a team who has nothing to lose claims him off waivers and eats the contract.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/27/2017  8:50 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:I ain't gonna lie, When the NTC was agreed to on the contract. I thought it was only to prevent the Knicks from trading him to Sacramento or something like that. I always felt that if things didn't work out. Melo would waive it to go to a contender like 99.9% of the players around the league given the circumstances. I never would have guessed that Melo just flat out wouldn't care about winning and not waive his NTC to go to contenders.

You can't bench him outright though that's just silly. Melo and Rose together was bad. I think its tolerable if its just Melo. Leave it up to JH to make the call if he is disrupting the offensive flow to pull him and see if a different combination would work. But we must do what we never do and bite the bullet for one more season. Then either he opts out saving us money or we can waive him and hope a team who has nothing to lose claims him off waivers and eats the contract.

It isn't nearly that simple.

Most true "contenders" are way over the cap. The Clippers would have a hard timed sending back anything of value.

Cleveland is in the same boat.

There may be no options to join a true contender in a trade.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/27/2017  8:55 PM
Shall we call it "StarMellowed" or "MeloBury'd"?

Good discussion, never would have thought Melo a bit of a fading allstar would be this difficult to move. Melo wants to stay with is son, but get a buyout and move to Clev?
So then winning is important. more important than being with is boy?

How about pass the damn ball!!! not for Phil, not for the Triangle, but for Kian!!

CrushAlot
USA
6/27/2017  9:33 PM
One of the articles on the home page mentioned that LaLa is not ruling out a reconciliation. Earlier in the summer everything that I read said they were done.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
6/27/2017  9:42 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:I ain't gonna lie, When the NTC was agreed to on the contract. I thought it was only to prevent the Knicks from trading him to Sacramento or something like that. I always felt that if things didn't work out. Melo would waive it to go to a contender like 99.9% of the players around the league given the circumstances. I never would have guessed that Melo just flat out wouldn't care about winning and not waive his NTC to go to contenders.

It isn't nearly that simple.

Most true "contenders" are way over the cap. The Clippers would have a hard timed sending back anything of value.

Cleveland is in the same boat.

There may be no options to join a true contender in a trade.

Would depend on what the Knicks viewed as value. If the other option is buy him out then trying to get a future pick or 2 might not be viewed as so bad. If Melo was willing to go to LAC. They can move Crawford, Rivers, Johnson and maybe 2020 first rounder and right to swap 2021. Crawfords contract has a team option on the last year while Rivers and Johnson have POs. Any of those can turn into savings. 14mil saved from Crawford and a future draft pick/right to swap would be better then a buy out.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Is melo going to be starburried by the knicks ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy