[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is melo going to be starburried by the knicks ?
Author Thread
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

6/27/2017  11:03 AM
If he won't accept a trade or buyout, will melo ride the pine like stephon marbury when came in to coach. I think it's definitely a possibility considering Phil wants him gone. Would it make melo change his mind to be traded? I think so, and if it's phils plan to starburried melo he should let melo know now.
AUTOADVERT
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
6/27/2017  11:13 AM
I think that would be another PR mess, most if not all players in the NBA would side with Melo, and would be pretty dumb on the Knicks part

... so yeah, probably.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

6/27/2017  11:19 AM
Honestly if melo wants to stay in NYC Phil should talk him into being traded to Brooklyn he can play with his favorite guy in Lin lol
Sinix
Member: #7495

6/27/2017  11:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  11:27 AM
matt wrote:I think that would be another PR mess, most if not all players in the NBA would side with Melo, and would be pretty dumb on the Knicks part

... so yeah, probably.

What would be pretty dumb on the Knicks part is to let Melo hold them hostage with the threat of badmouthing us around the league. It's not up to Melo if and when he plays. You don't let him call the shots if management and coaches decide that benching him is the right move for them to move forward.

Not to mention no player is going to sign to play with an aging Melo anyway. No one signed when he was in his prime, why would they want to play with a breaking down, fat, selfish Melo?

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/27/2017  11:27 AM
I think you underestimate Melo a bit.

http://www.ultimateknicks.com/forum/topic.asp?t=56754

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/27/2017  12:10 PM
Sinix wrote:
matt wrote:I think that would be another PR mess, most if not all players in the NBA would side with Melo, and would be pretty dumb on the Knicks part

... so yeah, probably.

What would be pretty dumb on the Knicks part is to let Melo hold them hostage with the threat of badmouthing us around the league. It's not up to Melo if and when he plays. You don't let him call the shots if management and coaches decide that benching him is the right move for them to move forward.

Not to mention no player is going to sign to play with an aging Melo anyway. No one signed when he was in his prime, why would they want to play with a breaking down, fat, selfish Melo?

YUP

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/27/2017  12:45 PM
I don't know about you guys but in High School the coach at my school was always my way or the highway guy. He strictly want his system run and those that broke it found themselves on the bench and it didn't matter if the player scored.
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/27/2017  1:36 PM
If Melo isn't traded, which it doesn't appear he will be, then Jeff is going to use him like the starter that he is. There's no reason to do anything other than that. I suspect that Melo will be on good behavior in terms of buying in. He knows now that this team is in a different mode. I actually expect that the Knicks will IMPROVE next season. Better chemistry and effort. There's no rush to move Melo.
Vmart
USA
6/27/2017  1:58 PM
nixluva wrote:If Melo isn't traded, which it doesn't appear he will be, then Jeff is going to use him like the starter that he is. There's no reason to do anything other than that. I suspect that Melo will be on good behavior in terms of buying in. He knows now that this team is in a different mode. I actually expect that the Knicks will IMPROVE next season. Better chemistry and effort. There's no rush to move Melo.

How many time can you be fooled. Melo's play is detrimental to anything team. He can't stop himself he just can't do it. If Hornachek plays him then he is practicing delay tactics with the young players. He isn't conducive for growth and you take a risk of more of what has happened with KP. If Melo comes back a Knick it will be really bad look for the Knicks.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/27/2017  2:30 PM
Vmart wrote:I don't know about you guys but in High School the coach at my school was always my way or the highway guy. He strictly want his system run and those that broke it found themselves on the bench and it didn't matter if the player scored.
If his team consisted of the modified seventh graders and the best player in the country for his class running as the varsity does he bench him?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Sinix
Member: #7495

6/27/2017  2:35 PM
nixluva wrote:If Melo isn't traded, which it doesn't appear he will be, then Jeff is going to use him like the starter that he is. There's no reason to do anything other than that. I suspect that Melo will be on good behavior in terms of buying in. He knows now that this team is in a different mode. I actually expect that the Knicks will IMPROVE next season. Better chemistry and effort. There's no rush to move Melo.

A starter and leader of the team carries out the game plan. I'm not so sure Melo fits the bill anymore.

He's talented enough, no question. But that's not all there is to the game.

Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

6/27/2017  2:48 PM

... so yeah, probably.

Uptown

6/27/2017  2:53 PM
Sinix wrote:

... so yeah, probably.

Phil gave Melo the gun, and the ammunition...

Uptown

6/27/2017  2:56 PM
Vmart wrote:I don't know about you guys but in High School the coach at my school was always my way or the highway guy. He strictly want his system run and those that broke it found themselves on the bench and it didn't matter if the player scored.

This ain't HS...This is a players league...With a NBPA....It wouldn't go over well at all.

meloshouldgo

6/27/2017  2:58 PM

Doing the same thing over and over again sand expecting different results is the definition of insanity. We have proved behind the shadow of a doubt that Melo won't buy in or do what the Knicks need him to do. He is too fukking selfish and dim witted to do that. Thinking this season will be different is what you did the last 5 years, go back and check the results.
Unless we have a bevy of vets that can carry his sorry ass to the playoffs he will deliver another 37 win season. That's the type of "FRANCHISE PLAYER" he is.

Vmart
USA
6/27/2017  3:18 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
If his team consisted of the modified seventh graders and the best player in the country for his class running as the varsity does he bench him?

The High School I went to was winning state championships. The coach knew how to win and he knew what winning was and how he wanted to get wins. He had good talent but wanted a team concept.

meloshouldgo

6/27/2017  3:24 PM
Uptown wrote:
Sinix wrote:

... so yeah, probably.

Phil gave Melo the gun, and the ammunition...

Good, now he can take both away by benching his ass and neutering his sullen selfish ego.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/27/2017  3:24 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:

Doing the same thing over and over again sand expecting different results is the definition of insanity. We have proved behind the shadow of a doubt that Melo won't buy in or do what the Knicks need him to do. He is too fukking selfish and dim witted to do that. Thinking this season will be different is what you did the last 5 years, go back and check the results.
Unless we have a bevy of vets that can carry his sorry ass to the playoffs he will deliver another 37 win season. That's the type of "FRANCHISE PLAYER" he is.

I still stand by my belief that there is no rush to move Melo out via a Buy Out. Not unless he substantially cuts his payout. Otherwise I think we should make teams trade for him or let him play out this season and exercise his option if he wishes. There's simply no rush for the Knicks to do anything detrimental to the team. Melo still has value. We'll see how this plays out but if i'm Phil I let Melo and his people stew in their own juices while I make other moves. Let them come way down and then we can talk.

meloshouldgo

6/27/2017  3:27 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

I still stand by my belief that there is no rush to move Melo out via a Buy Out. Not unless he substantially cuts his payout. Otherwise I think we should make teams trade for him or let him play out this season and exercise his option if he wishes. There's simply no rush for the Knicks to do anything detrimental to the team. Melo still has value. We'll see how this plays out but if i'm Phil I let Melo and his people stew in their own juices while I make other moves. Let them come way down and then we can talk.

You are a reasonable guy, you saw the effect he has had on KP. Do you seriously want him to keep poisoning the minds of the kids by his self serving proxy war against management? How is that useful to the team?

Vmart
USA
6/27/2017  3:34 PM
nixluva wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

No way you can bring him back unless it's a 15 man role. He is more a product of shots brings nothing to the table to go forward with. I don't know Inreally don't want him around my young players.

Is melo going to be starburried by the knicks ?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy