[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo was willing to accept trade to Wash or Philly but.....
Author Thread
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

6/26/2017  8:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2017  9:18 PM
he has supposedly changed his stance on that. It's from Frank AssHola so not sure any of this can be believed.

https://t.co/H3uiOvI29a

Carmelo Anthony is currently reluctant to move out of New York for family reasons. Anthony and his wife are estranged and he continues to have a close relationship with his only son.

For that reason, Anthony is no longer as interested in playing in Los Angeles. The Los Angeles Clippers have appeared to be the most realistic trading partner for Anthony in the past.

Anthony was considering accepting a trade to either the Philadelphia 76ers or Washington Wizards, which would keep him close to New York, but his mindset now is to remain with the Knicks.

Phil Jackson confirmed Anthony's position in an interview with MSG Network when the Knicks president said: "We've expressed the fact that we haven't been successful and it might be time for (Carmelo) to find an opportunity to go somewhere else. He's come back and said he'd just as soon stay.

Anthony is owed $54 million over the next two seasons.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/26/2017  9:00 PM
I believe Windhorst said on Lowe's podcast that family considerations were more important than winning to Melo right now. Melo in Washington would be fun to see.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorker4ever

6/26/2017  9:19 PM
CrushAlot wrote:I believe Windhorst said on Lowe's podcast that family considerations were more important than winning to Melo right now. Melo in Washington would be fun to see.

And they're a team that i've been hoping we could trade him to cause they have the kind of assets we need in young players.

reub
Member: #6227

6/26/2017  9:29 PM
If we cut Melo then he can have even more time with his family. And his stripper.
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/26/2017  9:41 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:I believe Windhorst said on Lowe's podcast that family considerations were more important than winning to Melo right now. Melo in Washington would be fun to see.

And they're a team that i've been hoping we could trade him to cause they have the kind of assets we need in young players.

Didnt they try to sign Noah? If they take Noah Id give them Melo
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/26/2017  9:52 PM
This is becoming non story.
Melo doesn't care about winning -- he wants to stay home-play in westchester-- who really cares?
RIP Crushalot😞
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/26/2017  9:54 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2017  9:54 PM
BRIGGS wrote:This is becoming non story.
Melo doesn't care about winning -- he wants to stay home-play in westchester-- who really cares?

Would the Nets take him? Straight up trade for Jarrett Allen
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/26/2017  9:57 PM
Melo doesn't care about winning -- he wants to stay home-

Him and Nowitzki character discredit the NBA.

When Paul and Griffen resign with the Clips, I'm sure their #1 reason will be they think they can beat the Warriors THIS year.

CrushAlot
USA
6/26/2017  10:01 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

They got a steal in Allen that late. I also love the Russell trade. It was a really good week for them.
CTKnicksfan
Member: #572
6/26/2017  10:10 PM
Jmpasq wrote:

Melo for Lin/Mozgov - poetic justice

Honestly, it might be worth a call to the Nets - they have no pick next year so no reason to tank, and making the Nets better depricates the value of Boston's best trade asset. Melo dosen't have to move, gets his $8 mil trade kicker, and gets to show up Phil by torching the Knicks 4x a year for the next two years.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/26/2017  10:47 PM
Might as well accept that Melo is staying! People keep trying to come up with scenarios but Melo wants to stay and Phil doesn't want to just give Melo away for free. The only option is for Melo to stay.
Gudris
Member: #6213

6/27/2017  7:36 AM
He could be best 6th men in a league this year :D
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/27/2017  8:46 AM
Gudris wrote:He could be best 6th men in a league this year :D

The man isn't going to buy in that is the biggest problem. I'm not questioning his talent but it comes at the expense of the system and team.

newyorker4ever

6/27/2017  10:53 AM
The fans get hurt in this whole deal more than anyone else including Phil and Melo but that's never brought up in tweets by the media or in articles. We gave up a ton to get Melo but won't get anything back for him with him refusing to waive his NTC for any team that would actually be able to trade anything with value for him. It's not just Phil that knows he's not a fit for what the Knicks are trying to do cause the smart fans that pay attention to this stuff also know he needs to go so we can start our rebuild the right way, and him refusing to waive his NTC is delaying our rebuild. He's hurting our cap for signing free agents with the 50+ we owe him and he's hurting the young kids in learning the system we're trying to teach them cause he refuses to buy in to it and change his game for him to better fit it. The young kids that look up to a guy like Melo see all of this and might think that if Melo won't buy into the system then why should they. The whole thing is a big cluster f**k and could change if he would just accept that this isn't the right place for him.

THE FANS GET HURT THE MOST IN ALL OF THIS.

CrushAlot
USA
6/27/2017  11:01 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:The fans get hurt in this whole deal more than anyone else including Phil and Melo but that's never brought up in tweets by the media or in articles. We gave up a ton to get Melo but won't get anything back for him with him refusing to waive his NTC for any team that would actually be able to trade anything with value for him. It's not just Phil that knows he's not a fit for what the Knicks are trying to do cause the smart fans that pay attention to this stuff also know he needs to go so we can start our rebuild the right way, and him refusing to waive his NTC is delaying our rebuild. He's hurting our cap for signing free agents with the 50+ we owe him and he's hurting the young kids in learning the system we're trying to teach them cause he refuses to buy in to it and change his game for him to better fit it. The young kids that look up to a guy like Melo see all of this and might think that if Melo won't buy into the system then why should they. The whole thing is a big cluster f**k and could change if he would just accept that this isn't the right place for him.

Isn't all of this on the guy that gave him the contract with the NTC, trade kicker and almost max dollars?
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/27/2017  11:07 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:The fans get hurt in this whole deal more than anyone else including Phil and Melo but that's never brought up in tweets by the media or in articles. We gave up a ton to get Melo but won't get anything back for him with him refusing to waive his NTC for any team that would actually be able to trade anything with value for him. It's not just Phil that knows he's not a fit for what the Knicks are trying to do cause the smart fans that pay attention to this stuff also know he needs to go so we can start our rebuild the right way, and him refusing to waive his NTC is delaying our rebuild. He's hurting our cap for signing free agents with the 50+ we owe him and he's hurting the young kids in learning the system we're trying to teach them cause he refuses to buy in to it and change his game for him to better fit it. The young kids that look up to a guy like Melo see all of this and might think that if Melo won't buy into the system then why should they. The whole thing is a big cluster f**k and could change if he would just accept that this isn't the right place for him.

Isn't all of this on the guy that gave him the contract with the NTC, trade kicker and almost max dollars?

Yeah, if you have blinders on and only look with one eye.

Melo is also the leader of the team, highest paid player and wants to be treated as such. Only plays on one side of the ball, Iso's so much that his home crowd boos him and isn't acting like a leader on or off the court.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/27/2017  11:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  11:10 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Why is who is at fault so important? Does it change anything? Does firing Phil make it possible we don't do anything stupid again? You do realize that ownership structure is how Melo got here and no owner allows an employee to spend 100mil without his consent. Its a process. Blaming Isiah, Walsh, Grunwald, and now Phil over the years gets us know where. The fact is Dolan has backed off and we are not trading picks is the most significant change since Dolan has owned the team.

CrushAlot
USA
6/27/2017  11:10 AM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Melo is also the leader of the team, highest paid player and wants to be treated as such. Only plays on one side of the ball, Iso's so much that his home crowd boos him and isn't acting like a leader on or off the court.

If Melo's contract is the problem, who does that fall back on?
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/27/2017  11:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  11:11 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

If Melo's contract is the problem, who does that fall back on?

Dolan. Now what?

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/27/2017  11:12 AM
martin wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

That's all well and fine, but for fans to expect him to uproot his life and accept a trade for them is just ... well, instead of saying unreasonable I'll say hopelessly and inevitably a path to disappointment.

Melo was willing to accept trade to Wash or Philly but.....

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy