Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Sinix wrote:Any team that is going to want Melo is going to be competing for a championship this season. And if they are competing for a championship seriously, Melo should not be picky.
Windhorst said yesterday on Lowe's podcast that if Melo goes he wants to stay east to be near his family. He said he had heard that this was a very important factor for him.

I don't buy Family Melo anymore. Not after two timing on his wife with a stripper. It's all an act with him.

Sad.

Sports is fun. You've forgotten that.

Then why criticize anyone, ever in sports? Sports is fun. No one should ever get fired or cut ever. Good, realistic, attitude.

Getting fired or cut is active. The people in decision making roles actually DO something.

Your criticism is passive. It does nothing.

At least YOU and are having an active exchange. Unfortunately, I'm not the Knicks, so your criticisms are just doing nothing.

That said, criticism about sports is fine. You've taken to attacking him personally in a forum he won't even hear you.

That just reflects badly on you.

Dude cheats on his wife with a stripper and destroys his family and I'm supposed to turn a blind eye? It reflects on ME badly because I don't approve of what he's done. Get a grip dude. Stop trying to get personal with me.

What does it have to do with basketball?

You can get personal with Melo but I can't get personal with you?

This is the blatant hypocrisy so many sports fans don't even see.

EVERYONE is fair game... except you. How dare anyone criticize you?

The irony is thick.

This kind of brings us back to this point about no other player ever getting so much excuses for having such little resume.

Which you an I haven't disputed.

What does this have to do with basketball? Someone said family might be the reason he doesn't waive NTC.... which is bs. Name 1 other player in the NBA who is such a diva about having to be around his family. Like he doesn't have millions upon millions upon millions to be where he needs to be within hours no matter where he is in the country. The family thing is a convenient excuse and I'm calling Melo out on it after he showed us where his family values are at after choosing the stripper over them.

He didn't ask for a NTC fearing he was going to be moved from a successful team. This is what a NTC is for. To be used.

Like a LOT of people, Melo has decided he wants to decide where to work and live.

*I* enjoy that choice. Now I understand the NBA is a unique work environment, but he had the market power to ask for and get the simple right you and I have. I can't reasonably begrudge him that.

Melo is a Knick and getting paid near 30 mil a year. When he signed a near 30 mil a year contract, he signed up for his life to be public like this. He signed up for the scrutiny attached to a leadership role. Me as a forum guy talking to a bunch of idiot fans, not so much. It's downright weird you are trying to get personal with me.

You said you had a job with the team. Those were your exact words.

So that's out and out what you are saying. You've advocating personally attacking a player, advocating trying to make his playing environment miserable so he's motivated to leave, but despite your job/role with the team, you should be above scrutiny.

I have a hard time wrapping my head around that.

And I got attacked by Briggs yesterday. Not like a can't relate.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/27/2017  11:26 AM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Sinix wrote:Any team that is going to want Melo is going to be competing for a championship this season. And if they are competing for a championship seriously, Melo should not be picky.
Windhorst said yesterday on Lowe's podcast that if Melo goes he wants to stay east to be near his family. He said he had heard that this was a very important factor for him.

I don't buy Family Melo anymore. Not after two timing on his wife with a stripper. It's all an act with him.

Sad.

Then why criticize anyone, ever in sports? Sports is fun. No one should ever get fired or cut ever. Good, realistic, attitude.

Getting fired or cut is active. The people in decision making roles actually DO something.

At least YOU and are having an active exchange. Unfortunately, I'm not the Knicks, so your criticisms are just doing nothing.

That said, criticism about sports is fine. You've taken to attacking him personally in a forum he won't even hear you.

Dude cheats on his wife with a stripper and destroys his family and I'm supposed to turn a blind eye? It reflects on ME badly because I don't approve of what he's done. Get a grip dude. Stop trying to get personal with me.

The irony is thick.

This kind of brings us back to this point about no other player ever getting so much excuses for having such little resume.

What does this have to do with basketball? Someone said family might be the reason he doesn't waive NTC.... which is bs. Name 1 other player in the NBA who is such a diva about having to be around his family. Like he doesn't have millions upon millions upon millions to be where he needs to be within hours no matter where he is in the country. The family thing is a convenient excuse and I'm calling Melo out on it after he showed us where his family values are at after choosing the stripper over them.

He didn't ask for a NTC fearing he was going to be moved from a successful team. This is what a NTC is for. To be used.

Like a LOT of people, Melo has decided he wants to decide where to work and live.

*I* enjoy that choice. Now I understand the NBA is a unique work environment, but he had the market power to ask for and get the simple right you and I have. I can't reasonably begrudge him that.

Melo is a Knick and getting paid near 30 mil a year. When he signed a near 30 mil a year contract, he signed up for his life to be public like this. He signed up for the scrutiny attached to a leadership role. Me as a forum guy talking to a bunch of idiot fans, not so much. It's downright weird you are trying to get personal with me.

So that's out and out what you are saying. You've advocating personally attacking a player, advocating trying to make his playing environment miserable so he's motivated to leave, but despite your job/role with the team, you should be above scrutiny.

Are you ok?
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knickoftime
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3370

6/27/2017  11:29 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sad.

Are you implying that posters on a chat board should not give their opinions on the chat board?

No.

Sounds like you created a moral highground to perch on cause you don't like his content.

If advocating for advancing reasonable, fact-based arguments, not resorting to personal attacks, and keeping things in perspective, then yes, if you' like to call it that.

I like reading opinions, even if I disagree.

So do I. That's why I'm engaging in discussion of the topic.

Sinix
Member: #7495

6/27/2017  11:33 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  11:34 AM

Melo has a NTC and the Knicks cannot break that. However the Knicks can bench him if thats whats best for the team, which it might be at this point if he doesn't want to be moved.

What? I never said I work with the team. Show me where I wrote that lol.

You have a hard time wrapping your head around boo'ing a player that's hurting the franchise you root for? Guess what? Over the years I've boo'd Eddy Curry, Stephon Marbury, Dolan and more. Lots of fans go to sporting events to cheer people and boo people. It's part of engaging in sports as a fan.

What's with defending Melo like he's your dad? I've already talked about my motivations as a Knick fan, what are your motivations as a Melo fan boy?

Knickoftime

6/27/2017  11:35 AM
Sinix wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sad.

Are you implying that posters on a chat board should not give their opinions on the chat board?Sounds like you created a moral highground to perch on cause you don't like his content. But isn't this exactly the place to post those opinions? And while we are at it, if the intention was to get Melo's attention to the fact that he is a poor role model by his behavior, yeah, not the best forum for that. But more so, no one should be telling Melo what he can and can't do in that moral keep your hand out of the cookie jar sense. Right now you just come across as a hall monitor. Wear your sash with pride.

I like reading opinions, even if I disagree. I don't disagree here though.

It's gotten to the territory of 'weird' with how much that poster is attacking me on a personal level. For criticizing a controversial Knicks player on a website designated for discussions like these.

Its not about criticism, it's about the substance of the criticism. In addition to personal attacks, several of them have been factually inaccurate.

I fail to see how my personal life factors into anything whatsoever related to Knicks discussion.

You said you had a job. You described yourself as having a personal role in his dynamic. Why would you then be sheltered from scrutiny when no one else with a role in the dynamic is.

That's a reasonable question.

You're advocating a role in which you hope to influence 1000's of more fans to demonstratively affect Melo's life and career. So why are you above criticism?

Knickoftime

6/27/2017  11:36 AM
fishmike wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sad.

The irony is thick.

Are you ok?

It was rough but after some intense therapy I think I'll pull through.

Knickoftime

6/27/2017  11:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  11:52 AM
Sinix wrote:

Melo has a NTC and the Knicks cannot break that. However the Knicks can bench him if thats whats best for the team, which it might be at this point if he doesn't want to be moved.

Yup. That's within their rights. I'd have no issue with that.

I'll remind you I think the Knicks would be better off without Melo. I'm just not going to let that turn into bitterness and resentment and personal and inaccurate criticism, to Melo, to Jackson, to KP, to his brother, to anyone.

You wrote you had a job as a fan. You really disputing this?

You have a hard time wrapping your head around boo'ing a player that's hurting the franchise you root for?

I think it's stupid as ****, yes.

[Guess what? Over the years I've boo'd Eddy Curry,

Got all his money.

Stephon Marbury,

Got all his money.

Dolan and more.

Still here.

So what good has it done?

What's with defending Melo like he's your dad? I've already talked about my motivations as a Knick fan, what are your motivations as a Melo fan boy?

I'm not defending Melo at all. For a 4th time I'll tell you I wish he was not on the Knicks. I have not and will not defend his personal life/choices or his game.

I will defend his right to exercise the same choices to I enjoy that he was granted by the Knicks.

What I will defend is not treating anybody like objects just to piss all over, particularly as I know from experience "fans" HATE criticism.

Sinix

6/27/2017  12:35 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:

I'll remind you I think the Knicks would be better off without Melo. I'm just not going to let that turn into bitterness and resentment and personal and inaccurate criticism, to Melo, to Jackson, to KP, to his brother, to anyone.

You have a hard time wrapping your head around boo'ing a player that's hurting the franchise you root for?

Got all his money.

Stephon Marbury,

Got all his money.

Dolan and more.

Still here.

I'm not defending Melo at all. For a 4th time I'll tell you I wish he was not on the Knicks. I have not and will not defend his personal life/choices or his game.

I will defend his right to exercise the same choices to I enjoy that he was granted by the Knicks.

What I will defend is not treating anybody like objects just to piss all over, particularly as I know from experience "fans" HATE criticism.

You don't want to piss on melo but you have no heart for melo pissing all over the Knicks franchise and in turn millions of fans.

You say you aren't defending him yet you your position gives him more rights than any player in the league, like ever, despite being a career loser and malignant.

Your priorities are for melo over the knicks. Why?

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
6/27/2017  12:51 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:

Got all his money.

Stephon Marbury,

Got all his money.

Dolan and more.

Still here.

You don't want to piss on melo but you have no heart for melo pissing all over the Knicks franchise and in turn millions of fans.

You say you aren't defending him yet you your position gives him more rights than any player in the league, like ever, despite being a career loser and malignant.

Has Melo shown anything new? Bad or good he's pretty much been the same guy since being here. I dont have issue with Melo's contract. The NTC clause was the poison pill. That being said Melo did the smart thing for Melo. Why settle for just being an asset when you can control your own destiny? I mean this is really on Phil. Always has been. If Melo becomes toxic its totally on Phil as he is the zenmaster who handed Melo all the power he currently yields.

Maybe Melo is waiting out Phil, but it seems that will be a losing prop.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knickoftime

6/27/2017  12:58 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:

Got all his money.

Stephon Marbury,

Got all his money.

Dolan and more.

Still here.

He hasn't. Melo owes me (or you) nothing.

It is not a relationship.

It is not "my position". His NTC clause does. I have nothing to with my his NTC other than recognize it exists for a purpose.

He asked for it, the Knicks gave it to him. That is a fact independent of my "position." I'm not going to change it.

My "position" is it's ridiculous to expect any professional athlete ever to put fan's desires before their own. I've learned through years of experience not to expect that, so I'm not going to whine year after year over something that isn't reasonably ever going to happen.

That's Einstein's definition of crazy.

Lebron left Cleveland. durant left OKC. Jeter retired a year two too late. Arod was suspended a year than had to be shown the door. JPP blew his hand off.

I do NOTHING for them and I don't expect anything in return.

I don't get to have priorities. I'm just a fan. I WISH Melo was elsewhere, but I don't have a say. I can live with this because a.) it's true; and b.) see "a.)"

What I'm not going to do is whine because I can't get what I want. That's what I teach my kid NOT to do.

Sinix

6/27/2017  1:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  1:16 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

Then from that point of view I don't owe Melo anything either. I don't owe him my good will and I don't owe him cheers when he plays for the Knicks. I'd rather boo him because as a Knick fan, I consider him a net negative to the franchise for not moving on but besides that, we don't owe each other anything right?

It is not "my position". His NTC clause does. I have nothing to with my his NTC other than recognize it exists for a purpose.

He asked for it, the Knicks gave it to him. That is a fact independent of my "position." I'm not going to change it.

My "position" is it's ridiculous to expect any professional athlete ever to put fan's desires before their own. I've learned through years of experience not to expect that, so I'm not going to whine year after year over something that isn't reasonably ever going to happen.

That's Einstein's definition of crazy.

Lebron left Cleveland. durant left OKC. Jeter retired a year two too late. Arod was suspended a year than had to be shown the door. JPP blew his hand off.

I do NOTHING for them and I don't expect anything in return.

Your position stretches the power of his NTC. You are doing this while saying you are not defending Melo.

A NTC doesn't give him the power to dictate the direction of the franchise. It doesn't Melo the power to dictate how many minutes Melo is played. It doesn't give Melo the power to dictate how he's used.

With Melo's contract there's an implication that he will carry out managements orders no matter what they may be. In this case it's the triangle. Ball movement. Catch and shoot. How has Melo done carrying this out since he's been signed? He's the god damn leader on the floor for this franchise and he's been undermining management since he got his 200+ mil or whatever it was. Melo knows he has a NTC and has been abusive with it. Scummy guy.

I don't get to have priorities. I'm just a fan. I WISH Melo was elsewhere, but I don't have a say. I can live with this because a.) it's true; and b.) see "a.)"

What I'm not going to do is whine because I can't get what I want. That's what I teach my kid NOT to do.

Your position is SUPER Melo friendly. You clearly support positions that empower Melo and weaken the Knicks. Are you a Knicks fan first and foremost?

Knickoftime

6/27/2017  1:50 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Then from that point of view I don't owe Melo anything either.

Indeed.

I don't owe him my good will and I don't owe him cheers when he plays for the Knicks. I'd rather boo him because as a Knick fan, I consider him a net negative to the franchise for not moving on but besides that, we don't owe each other anything right?

I never said I don't respect your right to boo. In fact, I'd defend it to anyone who argued you don't have the right. .

But at the same time I question the maturity of those who do it beyond having a laugh here or there and the intelligence of anyone who thinks it has any effect on anything.

Your position stretches the power of his NTC. You are doing this while saying you are not defending Melo.

That is objectively wrong. He HAS a full no-trade clause. I have NOTHING to do with that whatsoever. Neither, btw, do you.

A NTC doesn't give him the power to dictate the direction of the franchise.

No one said it did.

It gives him to power to accept or reject any trade proposal at whim. That's it.

It doesn't Melo the power to dictate how many minutes Melo is played. It doesn't give Melo the power to dictate how he's used.

Nope, we 100% agree, he's at the Knicks whim on those. If you want Jackson and Hornachek to exercise that power more, your issue is with them.

With Melo's contract there's an implication that he will carry out managements orders no matter what they may be. In this case it's the triangle. Ball movement. Catch and shoot. How has Melo done carrying this out since he's been signed?

For the most part, nope.

He's the god damn leader on the floor for this franchise and he's been undermining management since he got his 200+ mil or whatever it was. Melo knows he has a NTC and has been abusive with it. Scummy guy.

Looks like you were just late to the party. That was his game before he got his new Knicks deal.

Your position is SUPER Melo friendly. You clearly support positions that empower Melo and weaken the Knicks.

Or reason, whichever term you prefer.

Are you a Knicks fan first and foremost?

No, I like basketball and I like the Knicks and I'm not a big fan of Melo's game, all at the same time. That's it. That's what I am.

You think you're in some kind of war and you have to declare a side and/or a position and even more you possess some ability to decide who is what.

And that's great of that does something for you.

But at the end of the day, Melo is a knicks, Melo will likely continue to play like Melo has always played and he has a NTC and a 2018-19 option, and NOTHING you have to say about him or me or who is or isn't a real fan is going to change that.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

6/27/2017  1:58 PM
is it just me, or does it seem like every single Knicks employee's #1 concern is cashing checks them checks
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Sinix

6/27/2017  2:02 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Nope, we 100% agree, he's at the Knicks whim on those. If you want Jackson and Hornachek to exercise that power more, your issue is with them.

No you position doesn't stop there. You talk about how if the Knicks franchise benches him, it will be at great detriment to the Knicks because it's some sort of disrespectful move to Melo.

If we 100% agree then you have no problem sitting Melo all season if that's what management and coaching staff deem is best for the team.

And if it's gotten to that point it means Melo has made a real effort not to follow the game plan.

No, I like basketball and I like the Knicks and I'm not a big fan of Melo's game, all at the same time. That's it. That's what I am.

You think you're in some kind of war and you have to declare a side and/or a position and even more you possess some ability to decide who is what.

But at the end of the day, Melo is a knicks, Melo will likely continue to play like Melo has always played and he has a NTC and a 2018-19 option, and NOTHING you have to say about him or me or who is or isn't a real fan is going to change that.

It's just odd that your position is so supportive for Melo at the expense of the Knicks. You say one thing but the arguments you paint clearly put you on another side.

Knickoftime

6/27/2017  2:15 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  2:16 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

No you position doesn't stop there. You talk about how if the Knicks franchise benches him, it will be at great detriment to the Knicks because it's some sort of disrespectful move to Melo.

You have me confused with someone else. Check your facts. Don't reply/rely on memory or some impression you have. Check your facts.

If we 100% agree then you have no problem sitting Melo all season if that's what management and coaching staff deem is best for the team.

Of course.

And if it's gotten to that point it means Melo has made a real effort not to follow the game plan.

Not expecting him to.

It's just odd that your position is so supportive for Melo at the expense of the Knicks. You say one thing but the arguments you paint clearly put you on another side.

I didn't say I was on a side. You just seem to have an inability to see anything not filtered through your own lens.

But that's not even the point. Decide for me what "side" I'm on if you must. Again, neither of our sides or positions mean anything other than in some world of fan fiction.

Melo is going to do Melo whether you or I want to burn him in effigy or have his babies.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/27/2017  2:51 PM
Stein reporting that Melo is trying to negotiate a buyout. Knicks are resisting.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Sinix

6/27/2017  3:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  3:03 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Stein reporting that Melo is trying to negotiate a buyout. Knicks are resisting.

Called it. What did I fking say?

Clean
Member: #743
6/27/2017  3:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:Stein reporting that Melo is trying to negotiate a buyout. Knicks are resisting.

We better not buy him out. He made us give away a ton of assets to get him so if he is going to another team we better be getting something in return. I would rather sit him than buy him out.

Knickoftime

6/27/2017  3:16 PM
Clean wrote:

We better not buy him out. He made us give away a ton of assets to get him so if he is going to another team we better be getting something in return. I would rather sit him than buy him out.

No, he didn't.

Clean
Member: #743
6/27/2017  3:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/27/2017  3:25 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Clean wrote:

No, he didn't.

Yes he did. He did not want to wait until the end of the season because if he signed with us then he would make less money than if we traded for him. That is why the Nets came into the equation near the trade deadline. He would have rather gone to them instead of waiting to come to us at the end of the season.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/08/retrospective-carmelo-anthony.html
The relevant section

"Anthony pushed for the trade during the 2010/11 season primarily because of the new CBA in the works that would reduce the maximum contract amount he would be able to re-sign for. With the labor agreement ending June 30th, 2011, and uncertainty surrounding what the next pact would look like, it was in Anthony’s best financial interests to sign an extension as part of an extend-and-trade transaction with the Knicks rather than wait for free agency."

Melo has been angling for a buy-out for a while now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy