Sinix
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7495

6/26/2017  3:45 PM
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:WHOA! This was rough. I don't know if Melo wants to leave. I know he LOVES it here in NY and I think he's too comfortable. Still if he was to return to how he played as DadMelo the previous year then I'd have no problem at all with Melo staying. It's really just about him BUYING IN as Phil has been asking. That's it.
I think he would return to DadMelo if Rose is let go. There was an article awhile back about how Rose's presence killed DadMelo. Unfortunately, exit meetings are very important with the Pres. Phil was impressed with Rose's exit meeting and if you believe Charlie Rosen, Phil will try to bring Rose back.
think about it... imagine Melo explaining that. How would he? "With Derrick gone I can now go back to playing fundamentally sound basketball...." that's nuts.

The only thing I could see is something personal come from him. Like admitting that while going through a terrible year on the domestic front it was tough to be ready and focused night after night despite being in good physical shape. That I could see... Melo then says "regardless of team direction I am here to play hard do what I can for the NY Knicks..."

something like that *might* float. But man... when folks talk about Melo and the major down tick his game took last year the excuses are impressive reaches

When you look back at Melos career as a whole it really isn't that impressive compared to other HOFers. There's countless amounts of guys who have had many all star appearances and only 1 WCF appearance. It's not that special in the grand scheme of the NBA. Yet Melo has had so many excuses, large contracts and teams catered to him over the years. Not just 1 or 2 years. Melo's had over a decade of teams built for him.

What other player, in the history of the NBA, has wielded so much power to kick coaches and players off the team yet only made it to a conference finals once and lost?

TMac... got Doc Rivers pushed out of Orlando, was a top NBA player for a good stretch and Im not sure he ever won a playoff series. 7x all star and 2x first team all NBA

People used to make arguments he was the best player in the league along with Kobe. Melo never sniffed that. Melo doesn't belong in the same phrasing as prime Tmac.

Tmac got his prime cut down terrible injuries. Melo is just fat and lazy.

AUTOADVERT
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/26/2017  3:48 PM
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:WHOA! This was rough. I don't know if Melo wants to leave. I know he LOVES it here in NY and I think he's too comfortable. Still if he was to return to how he played as DadMelo the previous year then I'd have no problem at all with Melo staying. It's really just about him BUYING IN as Phil has been asking. That's it.
I think he would return to DadMelo if Rose is let go. There was an article awhile back about how Rose's presence killed DadMelo. Unfortunately, exit meetings are very important with the Pres. Phil was impressed with Rose's exit meeting and if you believe Charlie Rosen, Phil will try to bring Rose back.
think about it... imagine Melo explaining that. How would he? "With Derrick gone I can now go back to playing fundamentally sound basketball...." that's nuts.

The only thing I could see is something personal come from him. Like admitting that while going through a terrible year on the domestic front it was tough to be ready and focused night after night despite being in good physical shape. That I could see... Melo then says "regardless of team direction I am here to play hard do what I can for the NY Knicks..."

something like that *might* float. But man... when folks talk about Melo and the major down tick his game took last year the excuses are impressive reaches

When you look back at Melos career as a whole it really isn't that impressive compared to other HOFers. There's countless amounts of guys who have had many all star appearances and only 1 WCF appearance. It's not that special in the grand scheme of the NBA. Yet Melo has had so many excuses, large contracts and teams catered to him over the years. Not just 1 or 2 years. Melo's had over a decade of teams built for him.

What other player, in the history of the NBA, has wielded so much power to kick coaches and players off the team yet only made it to a conference finals once and lost?

TMac... got Doc Rivers pushed out of Orlando, was a top NBA player for a good stretch and Im not sure he ever won a playoff series. 7x all star and 2x first team all NBA

People used to make arguments he was the best player in the league along with Kobe. Melo never sniffed that. Melo doesn't belong in the same phrasing as prime Tmac.

So you're mad at Melo for not being as good as you'd like him to be???

Sounds about right.

Sinix

6/26/2017  3:49 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
He can't get more money from NY.

He gets more money as a result of NY buying him out. NY pays him his contract then some other team gives him a contract on top of the Knicks. He's a greedy MFer.

Not necessarily.

This is where you need to focus your anger and use tools available to you as opposed to shooting off theories.

There is something called a set-off. Now I'm not going to explain it to you, but it is in fact the default of the CBA. It can be waived, usually during a negotiated buyout, as opposed to release but I'm pretty sure you don't even know what it is.

It means a team releasing a player pays him LESS by a formulaic amount depending on the new contract he signs for.

Knicks cannot pay him more. Your premise is literally wrong.

What you meant is Melo can make more and, as a result the Knicks would almost certainly pay less.

The part I fault Melo for here then is his constant talking about how NY first he is and how much he wants to be here because he's a NYer. Another lie like when he said he was going to play within the triangle? Or how he posts workout videos every summer teasing that he won't be a fat fk during the season?

Stop listening to professional athletes try to downplay the money in public comments. More of them are telling white lies.

When you stop taking them seriously like I have, that problem is immediately solved.

We just got a fat scammer. No need to become totally jaded. There are players out there that care more about more than scamming NYers out of money. Just look at what our current champions are doing.

How much personal accolades Curry passed over for the betterment of his team and franchise.

Look how much KD risked. Imagine what he'd be facing if he lost because he values being a champion and winning.

When a man publicly makes a statement about his loyalties I hold him to it. He deserves criticisms if he doesn't follow through which is what he is doing now.

Sinix

6/26/2017  3:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2017  3:55 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sounds about right.

No I'm saying putting prime Tmac and prime Melo in the same category is wrong. Prime Tmac was arguably the best player in the league. Prime Melo was never even a top 5 player when you had guys like James, Kobe, CP3, Dirk, Gasol's ect... around. Probably barely top 10.

Sinix

6/26/2017  3:56 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

What coach did melo get fired?

George karl has been fired from every coaching job he's had without melo, phil never gave woodson a shot, and melo had zero to do with fisher getting wack, MDA needs a PG, not a ball dominating sf.. he's a 10x all star..

Im not a melo fan at all, but your arguments trying to discredit his career are weak as hell, and screams of just hate, with no merit.

you can't come to grips with the weak ass support that phil brought in to so call help..baker, sasha, randle..wtf is that

Which coach did he get fired.... better question is, which of his coaches did he actually get along with?

He point blank got MDA fired because he didn't want to pass the ball. MDA just won coach of the year by getting his current star to buy into the system that Melo wouldn't. Now Melo is pulling the SAME EXACT THING with the triangle.

What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Knickoftime

6/26/2017  4:04 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sounds about right.

No I'm saying putting prime Tmac and prime Melo in the same category is wrong. Prime Tmac was arguably the best player in the league. Prime Melo was never even a top 5 player when you had guys like James, Kobe, CP3, Dirk, Gasol's ect... around. Probably barely top 10.

Okay.

So?

Sinix

6/26/2017  4:07 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sounds about right.

Okay.

So?

If you are going to butt into a conversation I'm having with someone else, try to follow.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/26/2017  4:08 PM
Sinix wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

George karl has been fired from every coaching job he's had without melo, phil never gave woodson a shot, and melo had zero to do with fisher getting wack, MDA needs a PG, not a ball dominating sf.. he's a 10x all star..

Im not a melo fan at all, but your arguments trying to discredit his career are weak as hell, and screams of just hate, with no merit.

you can't come to grips with the weak ass support that phil brought in to so call help..baker, sasha, randle..wtf is that

Which coach did he get fired.... better question is, which of his coaches did he actually get along with?

He point blank got MDA fired because he didn't want to pass the ball. MDA just won coach of the year by getting his current star to buy into the system that Melo wouldn't. Now Melo is pulling the SAME EXACT THING with the triangle.

What's the definition of insanity? Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Was D'Antoni's contract up at the end of the season making him a lame duck? Did the new gm hire his successor and make him associate head coach in charge of defense? Did the new gm amnesty his point guard to add a defensive center and go with a more traditional roster? Did D'Antoni resign and get paid the rest of the money owed him on his contract?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Knickoftime

6/26/2017  4:10 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

He gets more money as a result of NY buying him out. NY pays him his contract then some other team gives him a contract on top of the Knicks. He's a greedy MFer.

Not necessarily.

This is where you need to focus your anger and use tools available to you as opposed to shooting off theories.

There is something called a set-off. Now I'm not going to explain it to you, but it is in fact the default of the CBA. It can be waived, usually during a negotiated buyout, as opposed to release but I'm pretty sure you don't even know what it is.

It means a team releasing a player pays him LESS by a formulaic amount depending on the new contract he signs for.

What you meant is Melo can make more and, as a result the Knicks would almost certainly pay less.

The part I fault Melo for here then is his constant talking about how NY first he is and how much he wants to be here because he's a NYer. Another lie like when he said he was going to play within the triangle? Or how he posts workout videos every summer teasing that he won't be a fat fk during the season?

Stop listening to professional athletes try to downplay the money in public comments. More of them are telling white lies.

When you stop taking them seriously like I have, that problem is immediately solved.

We just got a fat scammer. No need to become totally jaded. There are players out there that care more about more than scamming NYers out of money. Just look at what our current champions are doing.

How much personal accolades Curry passed over for the betterment of his team and franchise.

Look how much KD risked. Imagine what he'd be facing if he lost because he values being a champion and winning.

When a man publicly makes a statement about his loyalties I hold him to it. He deserves criticisms if he doesn't follow through which is what he is doing now.

Right. You were wrong about making more money, so you just move on like it didn't happen. While you're spending time getting all worked up about "when a man publicly makes a statement," why don't you apply those standards to yourself and acknowledge you were posting out of your ass. But it's probably just OTHER people that have to stand behind their words, not you.

Okay, he deserves criticism.

And?

Sinix

6/26/2017  4:10 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Sinix wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Was D'Antoni's contract up at the end of the season making him a lame duck? Did the new gm hire his successor and make him associate head coach in charge of defense? Did the new gm amnesty his point guard to add a defensive center and go with a more traditional roster? Did D'Antoni resign and get paid the rest of the money owed him on his contract?

Why are you complicating this? D'antoni told Dolan point blank he couldn't work with Melo anymore.

“Anthony said the team needed to choose between him and D’Antoni.”

“I just went in and quit,” D’Antoni said.

This is the second time in two years D’Antoni has placed the blame on Anthony for sabotaging his coaching in New York, claiming on a podcast with The Vertical last summer that players held resentment toward Jeremy Lin and he couldn’t get Anthony to move to power forward to accommodate the point guard.

The excuses people make for Melo is unreal. No other player has ever been so unaccomplished and has so many excuses attached.

Knickoftime

6/26/2017  4:12 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sounds about right.

Okay.

So?

If you are going to butt into a conversation I'm having with someone else, try to follow.

I can follow it fine.

Melo is not on the same level as superstars like you mention. He's just a very well respected player that routinely got picked to play major minutes on three gold medal winning Olympic teams by one of the most respected coaches in the world.

No argument.

And?

Sinix

6/26/2017  4:13 PM
These moves Melo wouldn't make for D'antoni are the same ones D'antoni made for Houston. Result- they won D'antoni COTY and propelled the Rockets franchise to another level.

Meanwhile Melo is still pulling the same crap with a new system and still a loser. Just like he was before D'antoni too.

I get it. I was a Melo fan once upon a time but after years you gotta call a spade a spade.

Sinix

6/26/2017  4:15 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sounds about right.

Okay.

So?

I can follow it fine.

Melo is not on the same level as superstars like you mention. He's just a very well respected player that routinely got picked to play major minutes on three gold medal winning Olympic teams by one of the most respected coaches in the world.

No argument.

And?

You're not following the discussion I was having at all. The argument I made was that no other player with Melo's level of NBA accomplishments have gotten as much special treatment as him. The other guy compared Melo to Tmac. I said that comparison is way off as prime Tmac is in another world from Melo. That's not a knock on Melo itself. You took it as one because you aren't following the conversation.

Knickoftime

6/26/2017  4:17 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sounds about right.

Okay.

So?

I can follow it fine.

No argument.

And?

You're not following the discussion I was having at all. The argument I made was that no other player with Melo's level of NBA accomplishments have gotten as much special treatment as him. The other guy compared Melo to Tmac. I said that comparison is way off as prime Tmac is in another world from Melo. That's not a knock on Melo itself. You took it as one because you aren't following the conversation.

I am following the conversation.

I'm asking you why that matters?

Sinix

6/26/2017  4:17 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Not necessarily.

Right. You were wrong about making more money, so you just move on like it didn't happen. While you're spending time getting all worked up about "when a man publicly makes a statement," why don't you apply those standards to yourself and acknowledge you were posting out of your ass. But it's probably just OTHER people that have to stand behind their words, not you.

And?

You didn't want to go more into it. You told me to do my own research. I know enough to know the different between buying out, waiving and trading. I know which are good for the Knicks and which cost the Knicks more money and assets.

Melo is making moves to get bought out and not revoke his NTC. That tells you all you need to know.

Knickoftime

6/26/2017  4:22 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Not necessarily.

And?

You didn't want to go more into it. You told me to do my own research. I know enough to know the different between buying out, waiving and trading. I know which are good for the Knicks and which cost the Knicks more money and assets.

Melo is making moves to get bought out and not revoke his NTC. That tells you all you need to know.

It will not cost the Knicks "more" money IF any of those things happen.

It will very likely cost them less and at worst cost them no more than he's contracted for.

Why can't you just acknowledge you were wrong?

Sinix

6/26/2017  4:24 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Sounds about right.

Okay.

So?

I can follow it fine.

No argument.

And?

I am following the conversation.

I'm asking you why that matters?

He's historically not that great compared to other HOFers.

He's not even a Patrick Ewing who gets killed for not winning but he atleast drug the knicks to NBA finals

Melo didn't deserve to have teams catered to him in hindsight

He didn't deserve to have the authority to boot out D'antoni and Lin

He doesn't deserve to have any say whatsoever about the Knicks direction now.

This isn't Michael Jordan or even Lebron James. This guy has made it to the conference finals once in his winding down career. My whole point is that he's been babied and catered to his whole career and his accomplishments haven't warranted it.

We're facing the fruits of that labor now- we have a fat 32 year old prima dona who still has public support and is holding the team hostage. It's time for Melo and the fans to wake up to reality.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/26/2017  4:25 PM
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Sinix wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Why are you complicating this? D'antoni told Dolan point blank he couldn't work with Melo anymore.

This is the second time in two years D’Antoni has placed the blame on Anthony for sabotaging his coaching in New York, claiming on a podcast with The Vertical last summer that players held resentment toward Jeremy Lin and he couldn’t get Anthony to move to power forward to accommodate the point guard.

The excuses people make for Melo is unreal. No other player has ever been so unaccomplished and has so many excuses attached.

Those were the facts that season. D'Antoni said what he did 6 years later when he finally was winning again. Do you think it mattered what he said based on the actions of the gm up to that point? Do you think a team has already moved on if a new gm is hired, the gm builds the roster to play a different system than the coach coaches, the old coach isn't extended, and the new gm hires his college roommate as associate head coach for the current coach on an already established staff?
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Sinix

6/26/2017  4:26 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Not necessarily.

And?

It will not cost the Knicks "more" money IF any of those things happen.

It will very likely cost them less and at worst cost them no more than he's contracted for.

Why can't you just acknowledge you were wrong?

If buying him out will save the Knicks money and won't cost them assets, whats the hold up?

Sinix

6/26/2017  4:28 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
Sinix wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
Sinix wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Those were the facts that season. D'Antoni said what he did 6 years later when he finally was winning again. Do you think it mattered what he said based on the actions of the gm up to that point? Do you think a team has already moved on if a new gm is hired, the gm builds the roster to play a different system than the coach coaches, the old coach isn't extended, and the new gm hires his college roommate as associate head coach for the current coach on an already established staff?

The decision to back Melo over D'antoni probably wasn't made that day D'antoni went into Dolan's office. They picked Melo probably months before.

It was still a Melo decision. If Melo is playing the D'antoni game plan then they aren't moving on from him.

Melo has been angling for a buy-out for a while now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy