[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Melo has been angling for a buy-out for a while now
Author Thread
Sinix
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7495

6/26/2017  1:50 PM
Dude is all about his money and has been playing a PR game to snag more from NY.

Keep in mind this is the guy that forced a trade to NY and in the process the Knicks gave up all their valuable assets. Now in his exit he will not drop his NTC, instead if we want to lose him he will make us buy him out, ensuring we get no assets back for him.

If this is the loyalty he is showing NY, I'll take snake behavior towards Denver any day. At least he left them with assets and got them a WCF trip.

He knows he was a goner since the end of the season and every move he's made has pushed towards buy-out territory.

"I still want to be in NY" - translation - "I'm not waiving my NTC even though we are committed to losing, I'm not interested in playing the game plan & I've had the teams president publicly say I don't fit anymore"

Is anyone naive enough to think Melo really likes NY this much? If so, why did he almost sign with the Bulls in FA?

This ***hole should get boo'd out of MSG next time he's there.

Melo doesn't bleed blue and orange. He's needs some more green for his new stripper baby momma.

AUTOADVERT
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/26/2017  1:55 PM
Sinix wrote:Dude is all about his money and has been playing a PR game to snag more from NY.

Keep in mind this is the guy that forced a trade to NY and in the process the Knicks gave up all their valuable assets. Now in his exit he will not drop his NTC, instead if we want to lose him he will make us buy him out, ensuring we get no assets back for him.

If this is the loyalty he is showing NY, I'll take snake behavior towards Denver any day. At least he left them with assets and got them a WCF trip.

He knows he was a goner since the end of the season and every move he's made has pushed towards buy-out territory.

"I still want to be in NY" - translation - "I'm not waiving my NTC even though we are committed to losing, I'm not interested in playing the game plan & I've had the teams president publicly say I don't fit anymore"

Is anyone naive enough to think Melo really likes NY this much? If so, why did he almost sign with the Bulls in FA?

This ***hole should get boo'd out of MSG next time he's there.

Melo doesn't bleed blue and orange. He's needs some more green for his new stripper baby momma.

Windhorst on Lowe's podcast said being near his family/on the east coast was one of the main factors for him if he is traded or bought out.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

6/26/2017  1:56 PM
There is ZERO chance that I would ever buy Melo out and allow him to walk himself over to sign with the Cavs.

If this guy had in fact lived up to his end of the bargain after his last deal and the current situation was 100% on the Knicks ok -- I'd agree to let the guy go chase a dream because we are too screwed up to help him out.

BUT....this cat never bought into the system the staff wants to run, he played D and passed only when he felt like it and on top of everything he is a mangina.

If he will accept a trade to a reasonable destination with a reasonable return -- fine.

If he wants to play hardball (give him the S-Francis treatment and send him home to collect his paycheck for the next year or 2) and if he wants to do that -- he can spend the last few years of his basketball career on the couch in his penthouse.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/26/2017  1:56 PM
WHOA! This was rough. I don't know if Melo wants to leave. I know he LOVES it here in NY and I think he's too comfortable. Still if he was to return to how he played as DadMelo the previous year then I'd have no problem at all with Melo staying. It's really just about him BUYING IN as Phil has been asking. That's it.
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
6/26/2017  1:58 PM
If he is angling for it don't give it.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/26/2017  1:59 PM
nixluva wrote:WHOA! This was rough. I don't know if Melo wants to leave. I know he LOVES it here in NY and I think he's too comfortable. Still if he was to return to how he played as DadMelo the previous year then I'd have no problem at all with Melo staying. It's really just about him BUYING IN as Phil has been asking. That's it.
I think he would return to DadMelo if Rose is let go. There was an article awhile back about how Rose's presence killed DadMelo. Unfortunately, exit meetings are very important with the Pres. Phil was impressed with Rose's exit meeting and if you believe Charlie Rosen, Phil will try to bring Rose back.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
6/26/2017  2:01 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:WHOA! This was rough. I don't know if Melo wants to leave. I know he LOVES it here in NY and I think he's too comfortable. Still if he was to return to how he played as DadMelo the previous year then I'd have no problem at all with Melo staying. It's really just about him BUYING IN as Phil has been asking. That's it.
I think he would return to DadMelo if Rose is let go. There was an article awhile back about how Rose's presence killed DadMelo. Unfortunately, exit meetings are very important with the Pres. Phil was impressed with Rose's exit meeting and if you believe Charlie Rosen, Phil will try to bring Rose back.

This will be a good case study to see how much Rosen truly speaks for Phil.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Sinix

6/26/2017  2:02 PM
Vmart wrote:If he is angling for it don't give it.

I want him to rot on the bench.

I used to be a fan of his but these past years it's pretty clear he's a very selfish guy. It shows in his play style and personal behavior.

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/26/2017  2:06 PM
Sinix wrote:Dude is all about his money and has been playing a PR game to snag more from NY.

He can't get more money from NY.

Keep in mind this is the guy that forced a trade to NY and in the process the Knicks gave up all their valuable assets.

No.

Melo doesn't bleed blue and orange.

No fan bleeds their team's colors. I've been on enough sports messages boards for enough teams for enough years to know fans bleed their own colors.

It's all about what they think and believe and what they want.

Nobody wants anything for a greater good. They want it for themselves.

MS
Member: #724
6/26/2017  2:07 PM
Smart people are not held hostage. The Knicks, as usual got nervous and gave up too much for him.

We are a **** organization. We lock into bad contracts and give away draft picks. No other organization does stuff like this aside from the NETs.

Why not angle for a buy out at this point. Phil hasn't gotten him the help he needs, he has traded away talent and received little in return. He has few teams he wants to play for, but they are all caped out and don't have the assets, so why not force your way into a buy out. The GM is forcing him into a trade

Sinix

6/26/2017  2:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2017  2:15 PM
MS wrote:Smart people are not held hostage. The Knicks, as usual got nervous and gave up too much for him.

We are a **** organization. We lock into bad contracts and give away draft picks. No other organization does stuff like this aside from the NETs.

Why not angle for a buy out at this point. Phil hasn't gotten him the help he needs, he has traded away talent and received little in return. He has few teams he wants to play for, but they are all caped out and don't have the assets, so why not force your way into a buy out. The GM is forcing him into a trade

ou d

Knicks are getting killed for re-signing Melo. They would of gotten killed even more for letting him walk.

Rule of thumb, you don't let major assets walk.

Can you name 1 NBA team that has willingly let their multiple time all star in their prime walk? Something like Kevin Durant doesn't count because OKC was dying to keep him.

Re-signing Melo was the right move.

You don't give him a buy out because he doesn't deserve one. You don't disrespect management and the game plan and get paid millions for it. It sets a horrible precedent.

Phil should bench him. Tell him he doesn't have to waive his NTC if he doesn't want to but his time playing for the Knicks is done and that's because he hasn't wanted to be a team player when he's had his chances.

Sinix

6/26/2017  2:18 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2017  2:18 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

He gets more money as a result of NY buying him out. NY pays him his contract then some other team gives him a contract on top of the Knicks. He's a greedy MFer.

No fan bleeds their team's colors. I've been on enough sports messages boards for enough teams for enough years to know fans bleed their own colors.

Some people align a greater good with what they want for themselves. Look at Tim Duncan's career.

The part I fault Melo for here then is his constant talking about how NY first he is and how much he wants to be here because he's a NYer. Another lie like when he said he was going to play within the triangle? Or how he posts workout videos every summer teasing that he won't be a fat fk during the season?

knicks1248
Member: #582
6/26/2017  2:26 PM
I said since the trade dead line that the only way melo leaves is a buy out, next season.. There is zero reason to buy him out now..Why the hell would you pay a guy 57 million took go play else where and he's still counts against the cap, if that's the case buy out useless Noah, which would be a few $$ cheaper

Now the media realize melo is not waiving his NTC, the clippers and boston are not destinations, and the cavs have nothing to offer the knicks that makes sense, so they come up with the buyout because that's the last and only option available...

ES
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/26/2017  2:31 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
think about it... imagine Melo explaining that. How would he? "With Derrick gone I can now go back to playing fundamentally sound basketball...." that's nuts.

The only thing I could see is something personal come from him. Like admitting that while going through a terrible year on the domestic front it was tough to be ready and focused night after night despite being in good physical shape. That I could see... Melo then says "regardless of team direction I am here to play hard do what I can for the NY Knicks..."

something like that *might* float. But man... when folks talk about Melo and the major down tick his game took last year the excuses are impressive reaches

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jrodmc
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #805
USA
6/26/2017  2:31 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

Keep in mind this is the guy that forced a trade to NY and in the process the Knicks gave up all their valuable assets.

No.

+1 This

Another great, well thought out hate thread. Filled with idiotic "facts", the same rehash of how we got 'raped' in 'The Trade', with no thought to backing any of this up. Too bad you left out some Linlove and how much Pringles could have meant to the franchise.

Fanatics are exactly that. They are fans of your game when winning 54 games, and you're a selfish, me-first mangina when you're not. As stated, the most rabid, are usually first and foremost fans of their own thought process, and their accepted way of how they would run the universe.

Is anyone blind enough to continue posting pointless hate rants, regurgitating the same vomit over and over, and hoping for different outcome?

Don't buy him out, that costs money. But bench him, that doesn't cost money. That just pays him $27 million to sit on his couch.

Truly brilliant.

Some more thread ideas:
1) Fat Melo. He's fat! Include lots of pictures.
2) Stupid Hat Melo. Easy.
3) Cancer Melo. Make sure you don't accidentally include any links to pre-season PR minicamps.
4) Rape case Melo. Oh wait, wrong mangina.
5) Suspended Melo. Oops, wrong guy again.
6) Teammates secretly hate Melo in their hearts. This might be tricky, but give it a try.
7) Can't Won't Doesn't Play Defense Melo. This is a hallmark, and really can't be overstated. Try to start at least 3 of these at once. martin or Andrew may only care enough to lock one of them.

Sinix

6/26/2017  2:38 PM
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
think about it... imagine Melo explaining that. How would he? "With Derrick gone I can now go back to playing fundamentally sound basketball...." that's nuts.

The only thing I could see is something personal come from him. Like admitting that while going through a terrible year on the domestic front it was tough to be ready and focused night after night despite being in good physical shape. That I could see... Melo then says "regardless of team direction I am here to play hard do what I can for the NY Knicks..."

something like that *might* float. But man... when folks talk about Melo and the major down tick his game took last year the excuses are impressive reaches

When you look back at Melos career as a whole it really isn't that impressive compared to other HOFers. There's countless amounts of guys who have had many all star appearances and only 1 WCF appearance. It's not that special in the grand scheme of the NBA. Yet Melo has had so many excuses, large contracts and teams catered to him over the years. Not just 1 or 2 years. Melo's had over a decade of teams built for him.

What other player, in the history of the NBA, has wielded so much power to kick coaches and players off the team yet only made it to a conference finals once and lost?

Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/26/2017  2:54 PM
jrodmc wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

No.

+1 This

Another great, well thought out hate thread. Filled with idiotic "facts", the same rehash of how we got 'raped' in 'The Trade', with no thought to backing any of this up. Too bad you left out some Linlove and how much Pringles could have meant to the franchise.

Fanatics are exactly that. They are fans of your game when winning 54 games, and you're a selfish, me-first mangina when you're not. As stated, the most rabid, are usually first and foremost fans of their own thought process, and their accepted way of how they would run the universe.

Is anyone blind enough to continue posting pointless hate rants, regurgitating the same vomit over and over, and hoping for different outcome?

Don't buy him out, that costs money. But bench him, that doesn't cost money. That just pays him $27 million to sit on his couch.

Truly brilliant.

Some more thread ideas:
1) Fat Melo. He's fat! Include lots of pictures.
2) Stupid Hat Melo. Easy.
3) Cancer Melo. Make sure you don't accidentally include any links to pre-season PR minicamps.
4) Rape case Melo. Oh wait, wrong mangina.
5) Suspended Melo. Oops, wrong guy again.
6) Teammates secretly hate Melo in their hearts. This might be tricky, but give it a try.
7) Can't Won't Doesn't Play Defense Melo. This is a hallmark, and really can't be overstated. Try to start at least 3 of these at once. martin or Andrew may only care enough to lock one of them.

You know what is more brilliant pointing out truths and trying to make excuses all because you paid for a Melo Jersey.

And you forgot to say Douche.

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
6/26/2017  3:11 PM
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

When you look back at Melos career as a whole it really isn't that impressive compared to other HOFers. There's countless amounts of guys who have had many all star appearances and only 1 WCF appearance. It's not that special in the grand scheme of the NBA. Yet Melo has had so many excuses, large contracts and teams catered to him over the years. Not just 1 or 2 years. Melo's had over a decade of teams built for him.

What other player, in the history of the NBA, has wielded so much power to kick coaches and players off the team yet only made it to a conference finals once and lost?

TMac... got Doc Rivers pushed out of Orlando, was a top NBA player for a good stretch and Im not sure he ever won a playoff series. 7x all star and 2x first team all NBA
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/26/2017  3:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2017  3:24 PM
Sinix wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

He gets more money as a result of NY buying him out. NY pays him his contract then some other team gives him a contract on top of the Knicks. He's a greedy MFer.

Not necessarily.

This is where you need to focus your anger and use tools available to you as opposed to shooting off theories.

There is something called a set-off. Now I'm not going to explain it to you, but it is in fact the default of the CBA. It can be waived, usually during a negotiated buyout, as opposed to release but I'm pretty sure you don't even know what it is.

It means a team releasing a player pays him LESS by a formulaic amount depending on the new contract he signs for.

Knicks cannot pay him more. Your premise is literally wrong.

What you meant is Melo can make more and, as a result the Knicks would almost certainly pay less.

The part I fault Melo for here then is his constant talking about how NY first he is and how much he wants to be here because he's a NYer. Another lie like when he said he was going to play within the triangle? Or how he posts workout videos every summer teasing that he won't be a fat fk during the season?

Stop listening to professional athletes try to downplay the money in public comments. More of them are telling white lies.

When you stop taking them seriously like I have, that problem is immediately solved.

knicks1248
Member: #582
6/26/2017  3:24 PM
Sinix wrote:
fishmike wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

What coach did melo get fired?

George karl has been fired from every coaching job he's had without melo, phil never gave woodson a shot, and melo had zero to do with fisher getting wack, MDA needs a PG, not a ball dominating sf.. he's a 10x all star..

Im not a melo fan at all, but your arguments trying to discredit his career are weak as hell, and screams of just hate, with no merit.

you can't come to grips with the weak ass support that phil brought in to so call help..baker, sasha, randle..wtf is that

ES
Melo has been angling for a buy-out for a while now

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy