Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/25/2017  11:37 PM
I don't kill him for our record
We just weren't going to be a great or even good team
His best move? I think picking Willy G at 36 by using a trade
And sticking with KP at pick 4. I also believe our draft this year will yield success and agree with all 3 picks win lose or draw. Do not think the big men Udfas are nba players
Trades? Ah should've got better for Chandler but I'm not bitching about it.
Worst moves? Well I guess the obvious is Noah. Noah was like buying a falling stock though every indicator out there said stay away. I will personally say the worst move was not executing the trade with Boston to acquire Jackson. From Mj to Kobe and Lebron you're looking at 12 nba titles and so much success that it's stifling. I thought the uber athletic Kackson represented over of those players. We have Willy G-- he can develop into a great 5 man. It's not like they had to prove anything about kp-- but rather balancing out the Knicks and putting in place a player who can be that type of player.
I guess well find out
I'd grade him a C
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
6/26/2017  12:56 AM
would have been awesome for both to trade KP for: #3 pick (JB) from 2016, #3 pick this year (Jackson), Defensive SF, plus a top 5 pick next year. Essentially trading KP for 3 top 5 picks is a huge haul for KP and must be done.

For boston, time to start consolidating assets. KP could be better than towns with the right coaching.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/26/2017  8:16 AM
BRIGGS wrote:I don't kill him for our record
And sticking with KP at pick 4. I also believe our draft this year will yield success and agree with all 3 picks win lose or draw. Do not think the big men Udfas are nba players
Worst moves? Well I guess the obvious is Noah. Noah was like buying a falling stock though every indicator out there said stay away. I will personally say the worst move was not executing the trade with Boston to acquire Jackson. From Mj to Kobe and Lebron you're looking at 12 nba titles and so much success that it's stifling. I thought the uber athletic Kackson represented over of those players. We have Willy G-- he can develop into a great 5 man. It's not like they had to prove anything about kp-- but rather balancing out the Knicks and putting in place a player who can be that type of player.
I guess well find out
I'd grade him a C

Its tough to fault him to much because of what the previous regime did, they handcuffed his ability to build through the draft.When you have no young assets, and no picks your pretty much screwed from the start. By far the Noah signing was the dumbest move he made. I thought they were clearly playing time for Porzingis and Willy at center when they traded Lopez. Should of used that money on a wing instead

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

6/26/2017  8:51 AM
Noah was a real bad one, but we don't know the end value of that. Could Noah come back healthier and change the defensive culture of the team? Noah hasn't forgotten how to defend and rebound. He was still our best big in that. I felt when Noah was injured and we went with the Willy/O'Quinn/KP rotation at 5, our defense was at it's lowest point.

If Noah can come in and be a 20 to 24 minute player with energy, boards, defense. If he can be that guy for us even as a token starter, I think the contract will look different in a year. But for now this is looking by far the worst move in the Phil era.

This is a big year. Phil has to make some tough decisions. Melo. KP. He already did his draft and went with Frank Ntilikina, against popular opinion to take Dennis Smith or Malik Monk. A decison on Rose, or what you do with the free agency money has to be made.

I don't think Phil has been great at his job, but I also think he hasn't been that bad. Not many teams could yield two lottery picks and a starter for one draft pick they made. If they can get that kind of value of one of the picks they made, they're doing someting right. I'd bet Willy's value is also very high. I'd bet we would be able to get a starter in his prime for Willy as well. We have some talent on this team. We just can't seem to win enough games and/or run the preferred system of Phil properly.

Lets see what happens next few months and next season.

knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/26/2017  10:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2017  10:13 AM
Why is he forcing his system on the players despite constant resistance from majaority of players

Can't attract FA with the triangle being your pitch

Stupid to try and build through the draft with just 2 or 3 picks over the life of his contact

Drafting players then trading them

poor development of drafted players

FA that he signed were either waived, not resign, or opted out, or simple never made us better

always blaming Melo even when he's not even playing

RAMBIS is the real locker room cancer

Hire's young in experience coaches so he can control them like puppets

passive aggressive approach towards the media

has not been able to attract any marquee FA

I think melo and Bron are the only players in the league with a NTC

Willy is ok, but is impact is ZERO.

Frank looks like a decent young player, but french player are SOFT non contact players, you see that in all his highlight reels.

So in reality Phill has done nothing well and his record as an exec is the proof.

Right now KP as much as he wants to remain a knick, if phil is extended, KP is out

ES
Vmart
Member: #247
USA
6/26/2017  10:13 AM
Every GM out there has done some good and some bad. It comes with the he territory. Phil's mistake get highlighted by media. Others are allowed to disappear without any attention or very little attention given for their mistakes.

Pat Riley is full of mistakes like giving Bosh a ridiculous contract. Letting LeBron walk and Wade too. He gets the tag by media member as the "Godfather". For what? He did nothing and Wade brought LeBron and Bosh to the Heat. He takes the credit but the reality is that Wade was the real engine behind it.

OKC GM has lost Harden and Durant. Phil's only true mistake was NTC. I still see value in Noah as a mentor to Willie and KP. KP can take notes on passing by big men and get better with Noah being there. Phil's plan is a good one and it's coming around. His draft picks have purpose he is bringing in more shooters with 3-D capabilities. Floor spacers faster pace type players. Media doesn't want to see it but that is what is happening here.

Phil knows he has to have tough skin and he needs to march to the beat that he knows is right. Past GMs succumbed to the whims of the media to win now and with no purpose. Purpose being Championships. Phil only,knows,one purpose and if the team doesn't have it he isn't afraid to make changes until he gets a team with purpose.

In Phil I trust.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/26/2017  10:42 AM
Jmpasq wrote:
I guess well find out
I'd grade him a C

Its tough to fault him to much because of what the previous regime did, they handcuffed his ability to build through the draft.When you have no young assets, and no picks your pretty much screwed from the start. By far the Noah signing was the dumbest move he made. I thought they were clearly playing time for Porzingis and Willy at center when they traded Lopez. Should of used that money on a wing instead

The dumbest move he made was to believe he could change Melo and make him play team ball within the context of the offense instead of standing around, pounding the clock away and chucking contested off balance shots. That more than anything had defined his overall performance to date. He should have cut MElo loose then and moved into full rebuild mode instead of wasting time on this ungrateful scumbag. Just not having that jerk on the team would have paid for itself by now. Phil's failure to do that remains his biggest blooper to date.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
6/26/2017  10:44 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
I guess well find out
I'd grade him a C

The dumbest move he made was to believe he could change Melo and make him play team ball within the context of the offense instead of standing around, pounding the clock away and chucking contested off balance shots. That more than anything had defined his overall performance to date. He should have cut MElo loose then and moved into full rebuild mode instead of wasting time on this ungrateful scumbag. Just not having that jerk on the team would have paid for itself by now. Phil's failure to do that remains his biggest blooper to date.

DadMelo showed up. Melo went back into IsoMelo mode.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
6/26/2017  11:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/26/2017  11:11 AM
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
I guess well find out
I'd grade him a C

Phils job is not only produce a winning bbal club but also to keep MSG profits as high as possible.
Financially MSG doing exceptionally well and Phil facilitated this without sacrificing future assets and even adding some.
Melo may be not a winning player so it Rose.
But they are exceptional moneymakers and entertainers. So is Phil figure himself.
The media drama, constant attention grabs was what doctor ordered for Dolan and Co.
If you listen to many fans (this board included) Melo is huge attraction for bbal lovers casual and even junkies.
Hoah was gambled on to create a huppla about new season and bring energy. This never materialized.
But overall the body of work done by Phil is great from financial perspective which is evident by him being extended to end of his contract.
If he will continue to generate money for the corporation he is due to extension for sure.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
knicks1248
6/26/2017  11:20 AM
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
I guess well find out
I'd grade him a C

maybe the fact that primarily everyone around him shot under 42%, pretty Tough to trust players who can't shoot.

ES
martin
USA
6/26/2017  12:11 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
I guess well find out
I'd grade him a C

maybe the fact that primarily everyone around him shot under 42%, pretty Tough to trust players who can't shoot.

except that isn't true. And maybe if DadMelo showed up, the shooting around him would have been better.

knicks1248
6/26/2017  1:00 PM
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
I guess well find out
I'd grade him a C

except that isn't true. And maybe if DadMelo showed up, the shooting around him would have been better.

they shoot the same weather he's on the floor or not..lol, half the roster are career poor shooters.

it doesn't help either that we are mid range shooting team, a historical low pct shot

ES
martin
USA
6/26/2017  1:14 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
I guess well find out
I'd grade him a C

they shoot the same weather he's on the floor or not..lol, half the roster are career poor shooters.

it doesn't help either that we are mid range shooting team, a historical low pct shot

DadMelo, not when Melo is on versus off court. Move the ball, move yourself, buy into the offense. No IsoMelo

Sinix
Member: #7495

6/26/2017  1:16 PM
This outlines a problem with keeping Melo.

He's still the best player on the team, which inherently puts him in a leadership role, yet Melo is also not respecting the game plan coming from the coaches and management.

So now we are stuck with 2 groups of leaders which are giving the younger Knicks conflicting messages. So basically Melo is a toxic cancer at this point. He won't leave.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/26/2017  1:16 PM
knicks1248 wrote:Why is he forcing his system on the players despite constant resistance from majaority of players

Can't attract FA with the triangle being your pitch

Stupid to try and build through the draft with just 2 or 3 picks over the life of his contact

Drafting players then trading them

poor development of drafted players

FA that he signed were either waived, not resign, or opted out, or simple never made us better

always blaming Melo even when he's not even playing

RAMBIS is the real locker room cancer

Hire's young in experience coaches so he can control them like puppets

passive aggressive approach towards the media

has not been able to attract any marquee FA

I think melo and Bron are the only players in the league with a NTC

Willy is ok, but is impact is ZERO.

Frank looks like a decent young player, but french player are SOFT non contact players, you see that in all his highlight reels.

So in reality Phill has done nothing well and his record as an exec is the proof.

Right now KP as much as he wants to remain a knick, if phil is extended, KP is out

http://www.nba.com/article/2017/06/26/all-rookie-teams-release-2016-17-season

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/26/2017  2:21 PM
martin wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
Jmpasq wrote:
I guess well find out
I'd grade him a C

Yes ok fair point. However, I wasn't convinced that would last or be a permanent change. I mean for how long did he show up? Half a season or less?

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
JesseDark
Member: #467
6/26/2017  2:58 PM
His worst mistake has been devaluing his own assets. As the new season approaches what gm would consider trading for Melo when talk of a buyout is in the air?
Bring back dee-fense
martin
USA
6/26/2017  3:37 PM
JesseDark wrote:His worst mistake has been devaluing his own assets. As the new season approaches what gm would consider trading for Melo when talk of a buyout is in the air?

who put the buyout talk out there? Melo? His agents? Other GMs?

knicks1248
6/26/2017  4:07 PM
martin wrote:
JesseDark wrote:His worst mistake has been devaluing his own assets. As the new season approaches what gm would consider trading for Melo when talk of a buyout is in the air?

Contract is to big to trade to a contender, and a NTC. Buyout is the last option, so some GM put it out there

ES
martin
USA
6/26/2017  4:15 PM
knicks1248 wrote:
martin wrote:

Contract is to big to trade to a contender, and a NTC. Buyout is the last option, so some GM put it out there

anyone can put it out there

Phil has done some good and some bad

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy