nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:
nixluva wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:was just doing a little research and ran across this

The Lakers hired Mike D'Antoni last night in a move that stunned everyone in the basketball world, including Phil Jackson.

Jackson was the heavy favorite to land the job, and had even been prepared to accept the position today if talks went well.

But according to the LA Times, it was Jackson's demands that ultimately made the Lakers pick D'Antoni.

"He was asking for the moon," an unnamed source told the LA Times.

So what does the moon look like?

Here are the rumored demands that came out over the weekend.
• A small stake in ownership, according to the LA Times. The terms were not specified.
• Complete personnel control. According to Ric Bucher of CSN Bay Area, Jackson wanted executive VP Jim Buss to give up control of basketball operations.
• He wanted Brian Shaw and Scottie Pippen on his coaching staff. Shaw is currently an assistant with the Pacers, and is widely considered one of the best assistants in the league. It's unclear what it would have taken to bring him to LA.
• He wanted travel restrictions, including allowing assistants to coach games and run shootarounds, according to Marc Spears of Yahoo!. An ESPN report this morning said Phil never intended to skip any more road games than he did in past years, however.
• He would have earned a lot more than D'Antoni. ESPN says salary was never discussed, but Jackson may have earned somewhere around $10 million per year, Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! mentioned in a column over the weekend. D'Antoni will make $4 million per year.

It also got me to thinking about some of the trades we missed out on because of his outrageous demands, but then again, he has gotten fleeced on the trades he does pull off.

that dimwit dolan, who admitted, knows nothing about building a team, fell right into phils demands that no other organization would give him the time of day..

and you guys talk about melo's EGO

If ANYONE ever deserved to make such demands it's most certainly Phil Jackson! Thing is Phil is not wrong when it comes to his philosophy about what it takes to win. He's been learning all about winning since the 60's!!! WTF do you or any of us know that Phil doesn't about what it takes for an NBA team to win???

The one with an ego problem is you and all these armchair GM's that think they have it all figured out. The Knicks were a BROKEN franchise when Phil took over. He tried some things and some failed but that doesn't mean he's clueless as Isola, Woj or SAS want us to think. Phil is different but he's not wrong. He's not pushing the wrong concepts. Sacrificing for the Team! Ball and Player Movement. Strong Defense! None of this is wrong.

Phil knows what it takes, he just does not know how to build it. We stop being a broken franchise once Marbury was gone.. in 3 yrs he's had close to 50 million in cap space, thats more than any president we have had since signing Allan Houston, Lj and chris childs.

In case you've been in a cave Phil is actively rebuilding this team! Not sure how you can look at the current state of the team and not recognize that Phil is bringing in his kind of players. This is the BEST start to a new roster we've had since Ewing and you're still talking about cap space over the last 3 years. This franchise is in a better place now.

It is Phil's fourth start to a new roster. If you want to make the case that he is more engaged now in player workouts and attending things executives attend I would agree that he has upped that a bit. I do like the summer league team and I think the pick of Frank might mean that he is committed to a rebuild. I like the Frank pick but I also would have loved Smith or Monk there. I think Frank will be a good player. I think Smith in Dallas with Carlisle could end up being the second or third best player in the draft long term. I don't think that Smith would have blossomed like that in NY.

I think NYK Fans tend to look at things under Phil with a jaded view. This team isn't far off what a rebuild would likely be if you started with the KP Draft. That's perhaps how we should view things. The amount of young talent the Knicks are going to have is going to be substantial this season. Not the big names but quality talent that fits the goals of Smart, Team Oriented 2way players!!!

You don't get do you, there won't be any KP in the future, one more losing season, and i'm sure janis will tell the knicks he's not resigning with them (which has been reported as phils biggest fear, which is why he use the word FUTURE, when talking about kp)and once again he will be force to sell for pennies on the dollar because the rest of the league will already know he wants out.

Then you get another decent pick for kp and start rebuild #5 in 5 yrs, with no core, no stars, some d leaguers and 2nd rnd players, noah and some suspect role players like Pj tucker, and patty mills.

Phil didn't do no patch work when he traded for rose and signed NOAH. We desperately needed a penetrating pg, he had no chance in free agency, so he made the trade. with lopez gone, he had to signed noah to sure up the middle and keep the ball moving, and who wouldnt sign a decent player like lee.

None of those moves were catering to melo, but 2 of those moves (Noah's absence and major decline and rose tunnel vision and penchant for going under screens) cost us many games this yr, and he had the audacity to put it on melo.

Phil is so bad at negotiation, even if he was going full rebuild, the draft came and went and he couldn't make a single trade to move up or add a extra pick..WTF...

60 fckng million dollars, highest paid exec in the LEAGUE, making half ass suspect moves. dude is literally sleeping on the damn job

This I must say is one of your most over the top posts. Phil is not sleeping on the job! KP is still developing. This notion that he somehow is fed up with losing after only 2 seasons is ridiculous. It would be the same if he was drafted by the Sixers or any other Lottery Team!!!

One sure way for KP to solve the issue of losing is to play WINNING basketball. He's got it within his power to improve and help the Knicks win. That's ALL he should be focused on. Not trying to tell Phil and Jeff how to do their jobs, as if he really knows more than them what it takes to win in the NBA. KP doesn't know SHYTE! He's just acting out when he should be listening and doing.

Now regarding Phil's rebuilding of the team. You spend so much time rehashing the past that you are completely oblivious to what's actually going on right now. The team is ADDING TALENT. The kind of players that Phil highlighted before the draft. Smart, Skilled 2Way players. Players that excel in a team concept. This is the right way forward for this team. This has to be done incrementally. WAKE UP and OPEN YOUR EYES!!!

So all phil has to do is sit around and tank and draft soft ass Euro players.

Nix do you really think the next president of the knicks (which will be announce in exactly 24 months or sooner) is going to Enforce the triangle on his players and coach.

I can Put my $200.000 dollars house on the line that, 95% of this yrs coming roster will be completely gone in 2 seasons, the front office will be total different, and we will have a new coach.

how many current coaches in this league are still coaching on the same team after 3 straight losing seasons (rebuilding or not) please fwd me that list

Phil is adding the right kind of talent for a team that plays system basketball. He's finally going to have a roster CAPABLE of defending and executing as a team.

Not sure why you keep making this "soft ass Euro players" type comments. It's really not helping to make your point. Both KP and Willy are All NBA First team Rookies. At some point you're going to have to acknowledge the good things going on with the team too.

You keep talking about 2 seasons from now as if any of that matters right now. How about we play out the next season and see how that goes first? you also keep forgetting this is a REBUILD and Jeff is going to be measured on how much improvement the team and players make. You really do need to get with the program in terms of what's actually going on with team right now. Not in the past. Not in the distant future, but right now.

AUTOADVERT
The future is not bright with Uncle Phil

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy