[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summer League Begins Next Saturday (7/1)
Author Thread
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
7/3/2017  3:58 PM

this how i expect the team to be with out melo and rose

ES
AUTOADVERT
nixluva
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #758
USA
7/3/2017  4:21 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

So perhaps you and ASSOLA get the point that this is a REBUILD. Ragging on the SL team is bush league by him. What does it really mean if your team wins all it's SL games or losses all of them? MOST SL players don't make your team. We still had some good results from further developing young players in the "G" League. It may turn out well for some UDFA this year. In any event this isn't about Quick Fixes. There is no QF to getting the Kicks to the Contender level. This team is going to have to grow their own STARS. Next season will be a step in the growth of this young core moving forward. You may need to take a break from following the Knicks if you can't handle a rebuild.

TPercy
Member: #5748

7/3/2017  4:44 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

How does isola still have a job. The more I pay attention to him the dumber he sounds

The Future is Bright!
reub
Member: #6227

7/3/2017  6:33 PM
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

How does isola still have a job. The more I pay attention to him the dumber he sounds

He's just a know-nothing jerk.

What I see from our summer league team is that:

Dotson is the real deal and a nice find by Phil and Gaines. Remember that we got him with the pick from the Rose/Jerian Grant trade and he'll be light years better than Grant.

Kornet can be a useful center in the Markkanen mold with a good point guard feeding him for threes. He offers rim protection too.

Jaramaz isn't ready but he is fearless.

Randle is a shooter but not much else.

Artis has a chance with his ability to shoot and score.

No one else impresses me.

reub
Member: #6227

7/3/2017  6:56 PM
The 5 teams who passed on Jonathan Isaac are going to be very sorry. I'm looking at you, Danny Ainge!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/3/2017  7:07 PM
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

That was your first mistake

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/3/2017  7:08 PM
Watching Ind vs. Miami. Bam Adebayo looks like a beast. Still needs to work on touch, awareness etc. But he should make an immediate just off of his physical tools. T.J Leaf is the opposite. He looks skilled on all three levels offensively, but he a long ways to go physically. He needs that Eddy Curry diet, asap.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

7/3/2017  7:31 PM
TPercy wrote:
knicks1248 wrote:

the more i listen to him, the dumber I get

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

7/3/2017  9:41 PM
I know you guys have not been a big fan of Dante Exum but he looks damn good in summer league. If he's healthy, he might make a jump this year.
BigDaddyG

7/3/2017  11:02 PM
NardDogNation wrote:I know you guys have not been a big fan of Dante Exum but he looks damn good in summer league. If he's healthy, he might make a jump this year.

I agree, he does look good. If he's going to come into his, own next season is the time. No more excuses. Did you see Tatum. He looked smooth and effort less at times. A lot quicker off the first step than I thought. Just needs to get stronger.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Kemet
Member: #6148

7/3/2017  11:09 PM
Bam Adebayo was a man among boys in Monday's Summer League game vs. Indiana, scoring 29 points with 11 rebounds, two blocks and one steal.
Who needs Willie Reed? Bam hit 8-of-14 from the field and 13-of-17 from the line, grabbing five of his rebounds on the offensive glass. Adebayo's been one of the best players of the Orlando Summer League so far, averaging 19.0 points, 10.0 rebounds, 2.3 blocks and 1.3 steals through three games. Hassan Whiteside is expected to take on an even larger role in Miami next season, but Adebayo looks like the favorite to back him up right now and could be a nice handcuff for Whiteside's fantasy owners.
smackeddog
Member: #883
7/4/2017  3:08 AM
Kemet wrote:Bam Adebayo was a man among boys in Monday's Summer League game vs. Indiana, scoring 29 points with 11 rebounds, two blocks and one steal.
Who needs Willie Reed? Bam hit 8-of-14 from the field and 13-of-17 from the line, grabbing five of his rebounds on the offensive glass. Adebayo's been one of the best players of the Orlando Summer League so far, averaging 19.0 points, 10.0 rebounds, 2.3 blocks and 1.3 steals through three games. Hassan Whiteside is expected to take on an even larger role in Miami next season, but Adebayo looks like the favorite to back him up right now and could be a nice handcuff for Whiteside's fantasy owners.

Miami are great at scouting

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/4/2017  1:46 PM
knicks1248 wrote:

Most scouts didn't have a small target to hit like the Knicks scouting dept. had. Their mandate wasn't to find the best players available, it was to find the best players available to play in a very specific system. And with the approval of the team president. Thats a very small target to hit, a target that's easy to miss.

I give credit to Gaines and the scouting staff for still finding talent in spite of being handcuffed. I hope Gaines and staff will be sticking around to show what they can do without those limitations.

Welpee
Member: #6239

7/4/2017  2:53 PM
NardDogNation wrote:I know you guys have not been a big fan of Dante Exum but he looks damn good in summer league. If he's healthy, he might make a jump this year.
He's the guy Frank is always compared to.
BigDaddyG

7/4/2017  3:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/4/2017  3:51 PM
Welpee wrote:

I always thought that was a lazy comparison. Exum has a quicker first step weaker J, isn't as long as Frank and played against weaker competition entering the draft. They just both happened to be young international guards.
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/4/2017  5:07 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Just highlights, but Randle looks really bad.
I don't think he can run a NBA team.
Baker is the right choice and much better guy to have for now until Ntilikina is ready.

I would have liked to have seen Baker and Ntilikina play as a backcourt in the summer league just to test what it could like and if they can get minutes in the NBA together. Right now that experiment happens in preseason.

We don't have much NBA level talent on this team, but I like two guys.

Dotson as a backup 2/3/wing as a 3nD guy who can play in a high pace game.
Kornet as a backup 5 as stretch 5 n anchor guy.

Other than those two don't think any of the other guys are worth bringing in this season. I definitely give Dotson and Kornet contracts for the year and a whole year with the team to see what they can do. Like both guys. Skills that fit in the modern NBA and a spaced out, fast tempo offense. A stretch 5 that can block shots is a valuable commodity in the NBA. Even with below par athleticism.

How is Nigel Hayes playing is ghee playing at all? Can't watch summer league

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
NardDogNation

7/4/2017  9:09 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Welpee wrote:

I always thought that was a lazy comparison. Exum has a quicker first step weaker J, isn't as long as Frank and played against weaker competition entering the draft. They just both happened to be young international guards.

I was about to respond with the same points to his reply. If Frank had Exum's first step, I'd feel so much more comfortable with his projections in this league.

NardDogNation

7/4/2017  9:14 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

I agree, he does look good. If he's going to come into his, own next season is the time. No more excuses. Did you see Tatum. He looked smooth and effort less at times. A lot quicker off the first step than I thought. Just needs to get stronger.

With Hayward leaving, he is big enough to be a point-forward for that team although I don't like his fit next to Ricky Rubio. But I definitely think he's ready to contribute and may have been earlier had it not been for some devastating injuries that delayed his development.

And I only caught the 4th quarter and highlights of that BOS-PHI game but came away more impressed with Tatum. I was a fan of his entering the draft but the critiques of him being a blackhole, left me a little bit more guarded with my optimism of him. He does need to get stronger but I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a 4, when he does.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
7/4/2017  9:50 PM
Mitchell 23pts 5ast, 3stls, 58.8fg% 50% from 3.
https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/5/2017  8:13 AM
Does anyone know if Frank is going to play today? It sounded like they were thinking of sitting for the rest of summer league.
Trust the Process
Summer League Begins Next Saturday (7/1)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy