[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summer League Begins Next Saturday (7/1)
Author Thread
Markji
Alba Posts: -4
Member: #1673
USA
7/2/2017  7:54 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
Ira wrote:Has anyone found a link to the Knicks/Pistons box score? Please post it if you can.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/nba/nba/.element/media/2.0/teamsites/magic/2017_sl_d2g1.pdf

This may be better
http://www.espn.com/nba-summer-league/boxscore?gameId=400959050&league=nba-summer-orlando
The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense. Tom Clancy - author
AUTOADVERT
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/2/2017  8:32 PM
CrushAlot wrote:How did Pierre Jackson look?

He looked pretty good...Quick going to the basket and showed some range on the jumper. Nailed a couple of 3's....Guards couldn't keep him in front of them...

CrushAlot
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #452
USA
7/2/2017  10:04 PM
Uptown wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:How did Pierre Jackson look?

He looked pretty good...Quick going to the basket and showed some range on the jumper. Nailed a couple of 3's....Guards couldn't keep him in front of them...

Thanks. He must be fully recovered then. He might be worth checking out. I was disappointed with Randle yesterday and it doesn't sound like things were better today.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/2/2017  10:31 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/2/2017  10:33 PM
Just highlights, but Randle looks really bad.
I don't think he can run a NBA team.
Baker is the right choice and much better guy to have for now until Ntilikina is ready.

I would have liked to have seen Baker and Ntilikina play as a backcourt in the summer league just to test what it could like and if they can get minutes in the NBA together. Right now that experiment happens in preseason.

We don't have much NBA level talent on this team, but I like two guys.

Dotson as a backup 2/3/wing as a 3nD guy who can play in a high pace game.
Kornet as a backup 5 as stretch 5 n anchor guy.

Other than those two don't think any of the other guys are worth bringing in this season. I definitely give Dotson and Kornet contracts for the year and a whole year with the team to see what they can do. Like both guys. Skills that fit in the modern NBA and a spaced out, fast tempo offense. A stretch 5 that can block shots is a valuable commodity in the NBA. Even with below par athleticism.

reub
Member: #6227

7/2/2017  11:03 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Just highlights, but Randle looks really bad.
Baker is the right choice and much better guy to have for now until Ntilikina is ready.

I would have liked to have seen Baker and Ntilikina play as a backcourt in the summer league just to test what it could like and if they can get minutes in the NBA together. Right now that experiment happens in preseason.

Other than those two don't think any of the other guys are worth bringing in this season. I definitely give Dotson and Kornet contracts for the year and a whole year with the team to see what they can do. Like both guys. Skills that fit in the modern NBA and a spaced out, fast tempo offense. A stretch 5 that can block shots is a valuable commodity in the NBA. Even with below par athleticism.

Labeyrie? I think he's looked pretty good.
CrushAlot
USA
7/3/2017  12:09 AM
reub wrote:
nyknickzingis wrote:Just highlights, but Randle looks really bad.

Labeyrie? I think he's looked pretty good.

I liked what I saw of Labeyrie yesterday. I missed today's game but hs numbers looked good. They are showing the game now if anyone is up and missed it.
TheGame
Member: #1154
USA
7/3/2017  8:33 AM
Plumlee, Dotson, kornet, Randle, and labeyrie are the only guys worth bringing to camp or signing to or keeping on a a contract. Randle has a lot more work to do before he is a pg, but he can play a role as instant offense off the bench. Dotson is a keeper and I think he might make the active roster this season with Holiday leaving. Kornet and Labeyrie are dual contract guys who need a year in the G league before they are ready for the main team. Plumlee should continue to be the 4th center.
Trust the Process
Kemet
Member: #6148

7/3/2017  11:50 AM
We have a LAME clueless coaching-staff that need to be fired like the guy who hired them asap!
I would give Frank Nitty props if he sits out the entire 2017-18 season, after meeting our Lame coaches.
Dotson n Hayes are the only one i would invite to training-camp.

All the raw undeveloped Rookies we had on last season roster need to be on the Knicks SL team right now including the raw clueless undeveloped KP.
Resigning Baker on July 1st, when we could resign Baker in late August were a indication of being a LOTTERY team in the 2018 draft.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/3/2017  12:23 PM
Kemet wrote:We have a LAME clueless coaching-staff that need to be fired like the guy who hired them asap!
I would give Frank Nitty props if he sits out the entire 2017-18 season, after meeting our Lame coaches.

All the raw undeveloped Rookies we had on last season roster need to be on the Knicks SL team right now including the raw clueless undeveloped KP.
Resigning Baker on July 1st, when we could resign Baker in late August were a indication of being a LOTTERY team in the 2018 draft.

I think you should be barred from ever giving Scouting Advice to ANY team. Not even a Rec League team! All of the commentary so far is a bit over the top. This Summer League stuff is not always what you should go on to evaluate talent. Some guys EXPLODE during SL and then are ZEROES in Camp or Preseason. Can't get too up or down on anything in SL. Just look for clues here or there about players but remember that the coaches are looking at different things than we are. They also see more in practice that informs them about a players growth potential.

Last SL Baker was shaky at the start and Randle went nuts. You can't always put too much weight on SL.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
7/3/2017  1:17 PM
Jaramaz has quick feet and fluid hips and recovers pretty well. I don't see the skills we saw in those youtube highlights yet. Might be nerves.
NYKBocker
USA
7/3/2017  1:22 PM
Dominic Jones has sticky fingers
Kemet
Member: #6148

7/3/2017  1:29 PM
nixluva wrote:
Kemet wrote:We have a LAME clueless coaching-staff that need to be fired like the guy who hired them asap!

I think you should be barred from ever giving Scouting Advice to ANY team. Not even a Rec League team! All of the commentary so far is a bit over the top. This Summer League stuff is not always what you should go on to evaluate talent. Some guys EXPLODE during SL and then are ZEROES in Camp or Preseason. Can't get too up or down on anything in SL. Just look for clues here or there about players but remember that the coaches are looking at different things than we are. They also see more in practice that informs them about a players growth potential.

Last SL Baker was shaky at the start and Randle went nuts. You can't always put too much weight on SL.

I recall saying the same thing to u in another forum back in 2005 .. when Herb Williams was getting great chemistry from the unit of Nate/Ariza/Lee/Frye/and a center i cant recall the name.
Baker/Randle/N'dour/Kuz/WHG/Plumlee/and our undeveloped starter 7.3 KP who fear contact in the paint belong on the 2017 SL team .. all has suspect performance that need a lot of work on positioning, ball-movement, screening, pnr, pressure-defense, zone-defense, and help-defense.
Our SL coaching staff gives no input to any of the players on the court .. Jones is a dynamic combo-guard, Dotson is our best catch n shoot perimeter player, Hayes is our hustle rebounder n paint protector.

Our coaching staff let Piston take a 10 pt lead in the first quarter ..
Today our coaching staff let OKC take a 11 pt lead in the first quarter ..

yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/3/2017  1:52 PM
The SL squad is bad. This is the jv summer league and they suck in orl. It is what it is though. What more can you expect from low 2nd picks and udfas
NYKBocker
USA
7/3/2017  2:15 PM
yellowboy90 wrote:The SL squad is bad. This is the jv summer league and they suck in orl. It is what it is though. What more can you expect from low 2nd picks and udfas

If we come away with a couple of udfas to go with our 2nd round picks then I am fine with it. Kornet seems like a keeper. Dotson is shooter. Jaramaz looks like he needs more work and I think is going back to europe. Labeyrie might stick this time.

NYKBocker
USA
7/3/2017  2:18 PM
Jaramaz does has a lot of Lin in him. Lin has the better handle and attacks more but he can be very usefull eventually.
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/3/2017  3:00 PM
I like what I saw from OJ, this is a big transition for him he should get a camp invite to see how he is in real play SL is a joke. Dotson is a player! Dotson should be our back up 2 for sure.

Randal looks like a g league player Randal can score but man he gives up a lot on defense.

Another G league guy is Marshall plumlee I love his spirit, but man he is a awful defender he allows his man to go right under the basket for easy layups, he's a fouling machine, ive never seen a 7 footer get blocked as much as plumlee. This dude is G league all the way .

I see a lot of our opponents actually have second and third year NBA talent, it's like we are the only team with all except Dotson are tryout players.

Hopefully frank can play Wednesday

CrushAlot
USA
7/3/2017  3:04 PM
fitzfarm
Member: #3285

7/3/2017  3:14 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

Interesting why?

SocraticBallin22
Member: #6096

7/3/2017  3:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/3/2017  3:22 PM
1) Our Summer League team is trash. 2) They don't want to be asked about Mills laughing at the Melo workout vid yesterday.
TPercy
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #5748

7/3/2017  3:54 PM
How did artis look?
The Future is Bright!
Summer League Begins Next Saturday (7/1)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy