[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summer League Begins Next Saturday (7/1)
Author Thread
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

7/7/2017  8:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/7/2017  8:37 PM
If interested, Lonzo Ball is about to make his debut on ESPN right now....
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/7/2017  8:45 PM
Uptown wrote:If interested, Lonzo Ball is about to make his debut on ESPN right now....

Passing is legit. Defense....Kendall Marshall is far from a burner and Ball is giving him a lot of space.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

7/7/2017  8:56 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Uptown wrote:If interested, Lonzo Ball is about to make his debut on ESPN right now....

Passing is legit. Defense....Kendall Marshall is far from a burner and Ball is giving him a lot of space.

Ball trying to create a shot with the shotclock winding down, ****s the ball back and gets blocked. Definitely needs to work with that.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
BigDaddyG

7/7/2017  10:41 PM
Last three minutes of the LAC/LAL game. Will be interesting to see how Lonzo creates against intense defensive pressure.
Uptown

7/7/2017  11:50 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Excellent passer...i love the way he passes it up the sideline to start the break...Great passer/vision and bb IQ...However, he will struggle to score as his shot is inconsistent. I think he was 2-11 from the field. He can be a bit too passive at times...Also, his defense is suspect. The pg blew by him a few times with ease....

BigDaddyG

7/8/2017  12:04 AM
Uptown wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Excellent passer...i love the way he passes it up the sideline to start the break...Great passer/vision and bb IQ...However, he will struggle to score as his shot is inconsistent. I think he was 2-11 from the field. He can be a bit too passive at times...Also, his defense is suspect. The pg blew by him a few times with ease....

Yeah, the defense is going to be a problem. I won't kill for the poor shooting performance since it was his first summer league, but he's got to find a way to shoot off the dribble better.
Uptown

7/8/2017  12:13 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2017  12:16 AM
Watching the Kings/Suns right now...Kings have some nice young pieces...Fox, Hield and Justin Jackson...All of them are balling right now. Giles if he stays healthy and Frank Mason is a nice piece to get in the 2nd round.
BigDaddyG

7/8/2017  12:18 AM
How is Josh Jackson looking?
Uptown

7/8/2017  12:21 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:How is Josh Jackson looking?

He's digging in on defense...very active. I missed the 1st q but from what I saw he's struggled a bit on offense. Fox actually blocked his 3 point attempt and he missed an off balance one-hander on the baseline...If he's not running out in transition, he may struggle to score in a half court setting...

Uptown

7/8/2017  12:22 AM
Justin Jackson is balling...He's a professional scorer...He's streaky though.
Uptown

7/8/2017  12:49 AM
Josh Jackson looking better on offense in the 2nd half...some nice baseline moves...D'Aaron Fox is the real deal!!! I like Ball but Fox is a better player right now. Ball lets the game come to him but Fox grabs the game by the throat...aggresive going to the basket, mid range jumper is on point and he will get a ton of steals nxt yr...Fox is legit..wow!
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

7/8/2017  10:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/8/2017  10:31 AM
Uptown wrote:Josh Jackson looking better on offense in the 2nd half...some nice baseline moves...D'Aaron Fox is the real deal!!! I like Ball but Fox is a better player right now. Ball lets the game come to him but Fox grabs the game by the throat...aggresive going to the basket, mid range jumper is on point and he will get a ton of steals nxt yr...Fox is legit..wow!

Kings had the best draft. And they have Buddy from the trade, who also looked good. Mason, Jackson are great picks. Justin looked better than Josh. Fox looked really good. Great court vision and better scorer than I thought. Will be interesting to see if he can create as easily against pros but he sure looked as good or better than those picked before him.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Kemet
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6148

7/11/2017  1:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 7/11/2017  1:17 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
Uptown wrote:Josh Jackson looking better on offense in the 2nd half...some nice baseline moves...D'Aaron Fox is the real deal!!! I like Ball but Fox is a better player right now. Ball lets the game come to him but Fox grabs the game by the throat...aggresive going to the basket, mid range jumper is on point and he will get a ton of steals nxt yr...Fox is legit..wow!

Kings had the best draft. And they have Buddy from the trade, who also looked good. Mason, Jackson are great picks. Justin looked better than Josh. Fox looked really good. Great court vision and better scorer than I thought. Will be interesting to see if he can create as easily against pros but he sure looked as good or better than those picked before him.

Lonzo Ball was injured for the matchup meeting vs Fox (Kansas) in tonights Lakers vs Kings SL showdown ....

The Lakers PG Caruso took the star spot-light tonight in the Lakers / Kings SL game having 16 pts 6 ast at the start of the 3rd qtr.
Caruso's hustle at the point has the rest of the Lakers players moving the ball around as if ready for the NBA.
The Kings star-players Fox n Jackson has been playing isolation ball from the start of the game giving the Lakers a 20 pt lead by 3rd qtr. .. the Kings next rookie star Mason n Buddy had to step up their performance in the 2nd half to bring the Kings back into the game to take a 1 pt Kings lead with 5 minute remaining in the game. Great Game without Lonzo Ball both teams sinking 3 balls in the final minutes of the game Lakers 95 Kings 92 .. Game Ball goes to Caruso !!!

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
7/11/2017  7:02 PM
Pressure will be on Frank N

Both Mitchell and Smith look darn good--as in star like. They have NBA body types--lets hope that Frank can keep up

RIP Crushalot😞
RonRon
Member: #246
7/11/2017  7:16 PM
i think Fox will be LEGIT, he doesn't weigh much but he has great speed/athleticism/quickness/BB IQ/DEF/TEAM LEADERSHIP and isn't exactly "WEAK"
reminds me a bit of a Durant coming out just as a PG/COMBO guard
yellowboy90
Member: #3538

7/13/2017  9:05 PM
Fox vs Smith Jr on espn2
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/16/2017  9:19 PM
RonRon wrote:i think Fox will be LEGIT, he doesn't weigh much but he has great speed/athleticism/quickness/BB IQ/DEF/TEAM LEADERSHIP and isn't exactly "WEAK"

Fox was always the best case scenario for us, but we choose to win idiotic meaningless games instead.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/17/2017  11:12 AM
meloshouldgo wrote:
RonRon wrote:i think Fox will be LEGIT, he doesn't weigh much but he has great speed/athleticism/quickness/BB IQ/DEF/TEAM LEADERSHIP and isn't exactly "WEAK"

Fox was always the best case scenario for us, but we choose to win idiotic meaningless games instead.

Winning games we didn't need to win was one thing...but Fox's stock also went up after his performances in the tournament, and I expect he showed well in workouts. A little bit like our failure to get Curry, who was not considered a top 10 pick at the start of the year.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/17/2017  2:02 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

Winning games we didn't need to win was one thing...but Fox's stock also went up after his performances in the tournament, and I expect he showed well in workouts. A little bit like our failure to get Curry, who was not considered a top 10 pick at the start of the year.

For whatever it's worth, I also think we got lucky with Frank.
He worked out for no one.
He works out and I think he goes up a few spots.

7 foot wingspan
Handles of a PG.
Can shoot the 3.
Youngest player in the draft.
Great size for a PG.
Could be a "french freak".

I think if worked out for teams, he goes higher in the lottery.

Think about Dante Exum how high he went. Not that I think Frank will end up like Dante, just that I think he had serious top 5 potential written all over him.

meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/17/2017  6:59 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:

For whatever it's worth, I also think we got lucky with Frank.
He worked out for no one.
He works out and I think he goes up a few spots.

7 foot wingspan
Handles of a PG.
Can shoot the 3.
Youngest player in the draft.
Great size for a PG.
Could be a "french freak".

I think if worked out for teams, he goes higher in the lottery.

Think about Dante Exum how high he went. Not that I think Frank will end up like Dante, just that I think he had serious top 5 potential written all over him.

I am Soo ready to see the French Frank take the court. Summer league was definite let down.

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Summer League Begins Next Saturday (7/1)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy