[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Summer League Begins Next Saturday (7/1)
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

7/6/2017  9:46 AM
Looks like the Knicks are going to notch their first win in SL. Been watching on and off. One advantage to signing Kornet is KP will be going up against another mobile 7fter in practice. A good way to test out some of those post moves he's supposed to be working on.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
7/6/2017  10:10 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
7/6/2017  10:21 AM
martin
USA
7/6/2017  10:26 AM
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

7/6/2017  11:07 AM
Adding Dotson and Frank is definitely going in the right direction. I like Kornet too because he opens up the defense from the outside and can block a shot and make a pass.
dacash
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1179

7/6/2017  11:36 AM
reub wrote:Adding Dotson and Frank is definitely going in the right direction. I like Kornet too because he opens up the defense from the outside and can block a shot and make a pass.

yes phil seeing his dream coming true............... whoops

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/6/2017  12:02 PM
martin wrote:

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
7/6/2017  12:33 PM
For me it was a successful SL despite losses and not getting to see Nitty. We did learn some things about some of these kids and got some positives heading into next Training Camp. Nitty should be a bit stronger by then as well. Dotson is looking like another good 2nd rd find for Phil and the crew. Hopefully he carries this into next season and beyond. Kornet needs to hit the weights and some post moves but not a bad base to build on.

It's gonna be interesting to see who they give a Training Camp invite. Artis and Rathan-Mayes have some interest for me.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

7/6/2017  12:37 PM
Dotson is a guy you actually take the time to design set plays for. Very confident, and doesn't let misses discourage him.

We should really look to move Lee. What does Memphis have at SG...they lost Allen- do they have a SG on their roster? Not sure Lee is worth a late #1 right now...maybe trade deadline- but I want Dotson getting 20-25MPG this season since he is part of our future, not Lee.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

7/6/2017  1:05 PM
WaltLongmire wrote:Dotson is a guy you actually take the time to design set plays for. Very confident, and doesn't let misses discourage him.

We should really look to move Lee. What does Memphis have at SG...they lost Allen- do they have a SG on their roster? Not sure Lee is worth a late #1 right now...maybe trade deadline- but I want Dotson getting 20-25MPG this season since he is part of our future, not Lee.

I don't see Memphis as buyers for vet players at this point, especially if the Marc Gasol rumors are true. Maybe the Clippers?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
7/6/2017  1:50 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:Dotson is a guy you actually take the time to design set plays for. Very confident, and doesn't let misses discourage him.

I don't see Memphis as buyers for vet players at this point, especially if the Marc Gasol rumors are true. Maybe the Clippers?

What are the Marc Gasol rumors?

Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/6/2017  1:55 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

What are the Marc Gasol rumors?

Some guy (probably on ESPN)speculated that the Celtics could target Gasol. Hence, since it was social media'd, it is now a "rumor".

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

7/6/2017  2:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 7/6/2017  2:38 PM
reub wrote:Adding Dotson and Frank is definitely going in the right direction. I like Kornet too because he opens up the defense from the outside and can block a shot and make a pass.

Totally agree

Our real summer league/development team is with all these guys

Willy - potential 14-8 big (starter/great backup)
Kuz - potential stretch 4 (backup)
Dotson - potential two way sniper (backup)
Baker - potential two way floor general (backup)
Ntilikina - potential defensive star (starter)
Karnet - potential stretch 5 (backup)
Randle - potential 3 point shooter (5th guard on roster type)

All rookies or 1 year of NBA players

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

7/6/2017  5:06 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:

Totally agree

Our real summer league/development team is with all these guys

Willy - potential 14-8 big (starter/great backup)
Kuz - potential stretch 4 (backup)
Dotson - potential two way sniper (backup)
Baker - potential two way floor general (backup)
Ntilikina - potential defensive star (starter)
Karnet - potential stretch 5 (backup)
Randle - potential 3 point shooter (5th guard on roster type)

All rookies or 1 year of NBA players

Do not sleep on the kid Jamaraz....he did not show anything in summer league, but the kid can play...he looked nervous and out of his element, but that guy can attack the tin and is fearless....he may be one of those guys that stay in Europe until his mid 20s and come over for a shot....
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/6/2017  7:11 PM
I have no idea what you guess see in Kornet, he has shown me nothing.
Dotson is automatic - so good tho have an easy target for an outlet pass
I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
7/6/2017  7:35 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:I have no idea what you guess see in Kornet, he has shown me nothing.

It was announced they were singing him to the new two way deal right after the draft. We know he worked out for the Knicks and he can stroke the three. Maybe the thought process is that he will continue to develop as he had the late growth spurt. Right now he is the 16th or 17th man on the roster. The two way deal was a nice addition to the cba. I don't know if the Knicks can still protect players they bring to camp from the d league draft. I need to read more about the two deal. I saw something about exhibition 10? On twitter. It has something to do with converting contracts.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

7/6/2017  9:54 PM
CrushAlot wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:I have no idea what you guess see in Kornet, he has shown me nothing.

It was announced they were singing him to the new two way deal right after the draft. We know he worked out for the Knicks and he can stroke the three. Maybe the thought process is that he will continue to develop as he had the late growth spurt. Right now he is the 16th or 17th man on the roster. The two way deal was a nice addition to the cba. I don't know if the Knicks can still protect players they bring to camp from the d league draft. I need to read more about the two deal. I saw something about exhibition 10? On twitter. It has something to do with converting contracts.

He would be a bench player in the D-league. Yes he shoots 3s, but he isn't exactly going to be Kevin Love. If the two way means we can cut him, we should that ASAP or at a minimum send him to the d- league

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

7/6/2017  10:09 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

He would be a bench player in the D-league. Yes he shoots 3s, but he isn't exactly going to be Kevin Love. If the two way means we can cut him, we should that ASAP or at a minimum send him to the d- league

Welcome to the 'complaining about the 16th and 17th man' era of NBA basketball.

ekstarks94
Member: #6104

7/6/2017  10:23 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
meloshouldgo wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:

Welcome to the 'complaining about the 16th and 17th man' era of NBA basketball.

Line of the week
Cartman718
Member: #1694

7/6/2017  10:24 PM
nixluva wrote:For me it was a successful SL despite losses and not getting to see Nitty. We did learn some things about some of these kids and got some positives heading into next Training Camp. Nitty should be a bit stronger by then as well. Dotson is looking like another good 2nd rd find for Phil and the crew. Hopefully he carries this into next season and beyond. Kornet needs to hit the weights and some post moves but not a bad base to build on.

It's gonna be interesting to see who they give a Training Camp invite. Artis and Rathan-Mayes have some interest for me.

uh how? some positives are seen from every summer league.
i'll ask it differently, what makes a summer league team NOT a success?
Nixluva is posting triangle screen grabs, even when nobody asks - Fishmike. LOL So are we going to reference that thread like the bible now? "The thread of Wroten Page 14 post 9" - EnySpree
Summer League Begins Next Saturday (7/1)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy