[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Questions-- do baker and Holiday remain knicks?
Author Thread
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

6/24/2017  4:12 PM
I would say 99% chance Baker is back and I fully expect him to be part of 4 man guard rotation.

Baker is legit - regardless of his shooting % last year -- kid is going to be a tough, long term NBA player.

Holiday I think is WAY overrated and I think Knicks allow him to walk away.

AUTOADVERT
fwk00
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6048

6/24/2017  6:44 PM
I think Jaramaz will be starting at the two. He makes Rose redundant.

Baker and Randle stick. Holiday likely gone. The speed and defense of Nitty and Jarz will be transformative. Hornacek will look like a genius managing these guys.

Melo sticks probably as the sixth man.

Lee likely gone.

nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/24/2017  6:49 PM
fwk00 wrote:I think Jaramaz will be starting at the two. He makes Rose redundant.

Baker and Randle stick. Holiday likely gone. The speed and defense of Nitty and Jarz will be transformative. Hornacek will look like a genius managing these guys.

Lee likely gone.

Pretty good read. I can see this happening.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
6/24/2017  6:51 PM
Unless He woes at camp 'Kina will sit and rotate until they gradually increase his minutes as warranted. Thus, Baker stays. If you're rebuilding then both Lee and Holiday are expendable. QUINN and Lance as well as it's time to serve youth. Rose shouldnt be resigned-: thus wear Melo out like a ole Mule. Let him heave 22 shots a game as it won't make any difference in wins and losses. I wouldn't bother with free agency. Get a top 3 pick next year. Knowing Phil the kid will be foreign and a player who can be taught.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/24/2017  6:55 PM
nixluva wrote:
fwk00 wrote:I think Jaramaz will be starting at the two. He makes Rose redundant.

Lee likely gone.

Pretty good read. I can see this happening.

I'd be surprised if Juice came over next season. If he does, he's not starting off the bat. He's got a lot to learn, not to mention his J.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
fwk00

6/24/2017  7:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2017  7:01 PM
Paris907 wrote:Unless He woes at camp 'Kina will sit and rotate until they gradually increase his minutes as warranted. Thus, Baker stays. If you're rebuilding then both Lee and Holiday are expendable. QUINN and Lance as well as it's time to serve youth. Rose shouldnt be resigned-: thus wear Melo out like a ole Mule. Let him heave 22 shots a game as it won't make any difference in wins and losses. I wouldn't bother with free agency. Get a top 3 pick next year. Knowing Phil the kid will be foreign and a player who can be taught.

I think the plan will be that Jarz is way more inexpensive than Rose, isn't injured, and brings Sprewell like tools to the game.

EVERY team needs a Baker. He will likely see lots of minutes at both guard positions.

There's more movement to come I'm certain and this won't all click on day one but the defense will be better and Melo and Porgy have been put on notice. I think this team is going to move next season.

Paris907
Member: #6099
USA
6/24/2017  7:23 PM
Porgy. I like that.
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/24/2017  7:44 PM
Ummmmm, if the Knicks had any designs on Jaramaz starting in the backcourt, they would have selected him 44 or moved up to get him.

You don't cross your fingers, hold your breath and hope a projected starter you like that much falls to you at 58.

He likely isn't going to try to play in the NBA this season, an if he does, he'll be a longshot to make the roster.

fwk00

6/25/2017  12:09 AM
Knickoftime wrote:Ummmmm, if the Knicks had any designs on Jaramaz starting in the backcourt, they would have selected him 44 or moved up to get him.

You don't cross your fingers, hold your breath and hope a projected starter you like that much falls to you at 58.

He likely isn't going to try to play in the NBA this season, an if he does, he'll be a longshot to make the roster.

He wont start initially but he should make the roster. He's older so I think he sticks and Hornacek is a guard-friendly coach. You can see the Knicks learned from the championship games that CLE got tired chasing around GS and their passing game. Looks like Phil stocked up on some of that.

CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/25/2017  12:47 AM

Lee likely gone.

From Fraschilla,
“Chances are he’ll never play in the NBA and Knicks fans will never see him other than summer league,’’ Fraschilla said. “He’s an older international kid, very limited upside. He’s a hard-nosed competitor but not really a great athlete or shooter.”

I hope Fran is wrong. I like O.J. a lot but I have only watched a couple of highlight videos. He was the 58th pick. Those guys usually do not make it. The Knicks have scouted very well and have some undrafted second year guys that might be a part of their future. Hopefully O. J. is another positive find.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

6/25/2017  7:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2017  7:26 AM
CrushAlot wrote:

Lee likely gone.

From Fraschilla,
“Chances are he’ll never play in the NBA and Knicks fans will never see him other than summer league,’’ Fraschilla said. “He’s an older international kid, very limited upside. He’s a hard-nosed competitor but not really a great athlete or shooter.”

I hope Fran is wrong. I like O.J. a lot but I have only watched a couple of highlight videos. He was the 58th pick. Those guys usually do not make it. The Knicks have scouted very well and have some undrafted second year guys that might be a part of their future. Hopefully O. J. is another positive find.

Yeah. Dotson is the guy I think gets minutes and makes the team. This 58th picked guy is a stash and see guy. Bring him over after another year. I liked how Chasson played at season's end. We should run a 3 man rotation at PG with Ntilikina, Baker and Randle. Top 2 to be determined at training camp and preseason. At 2 guard we should have Lee, Doston and Vujacic. Sasha knows the system really well and is active on defense. He can be a nice cheap 3rd rotation guy.

Where we need to focus on right now is the 3. We need to find a young athlete there who can get up on player's defensively and has some skill on offense. Melo is great on O, but we need a defender at this position. With Ntilikina/Baker/Lee/Vujacic or Dotson, I think our backcourt defense will be much better next season believe ir or not. If keep Melo we need to use him at 4. We need to find a starting 3 and Lance Thomas is a very good defensive backup 3 or 4. He gets up on people and fights on defense. His 3 pointer is really good now.

Focus this season should be on players that play active high motor defense, defensive skills, and players that can fit into the system on offense. "talent" wise we won't really do much better than Willy, KP, Melo and Ntilikina. That's as good as it gets for us in rich talent. We have to find the right rotation, right role players for this team now. We need to make a decision on Melo soon, because if we keep him, for defensive purposes we need to play him at 4.

I think this team could even make the playoffs and develop young players if Melo/KP come with the right attitude on defense and play different roles.

If we keep Melo, maybe sign a free agent like PJ Tucker who can defend and athletically is good enough to match up with starters in the league.

Starting 5
Porzingis (Sub out KP early for Willy bring him backwith 2nd unit)
Melo
Tucker
Lee
Ntilikina

2nd unit
Willy
Porzingis
Thomas
Dotson or Sasha
Baker or Randle

I like that team better than last year's. Think we can realistically win half of our games. Maybe even make the playoffs while developing young players like KP, Ntilikina, Willy, Dotson and Baker.

NardDogNation
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #5555

6/25/2017  1:27 PM    LAST EDITED: 6/25/2017  1:32 PM
I'd let Holiday walk. Yes, he's a solid ball player but I don't think we'd benefit long term from paying him his market value. In my opinion, the best case scenario involving him would be to seek a sign and trade to a team in a financial bind that is willing to give up draft picks and/or assets to acquire him.

Enter: the Pelicans. They already have his brother Jrue Holiday on a cap hold and desperately need 3-and-D guys to put around Davis-Cousins on the perimeter. Unfortunately for them, they only have about $12 million of cap space to work with if they DON'T retain Jrue; if they do that cap space will be gone. They do, however, have several bad contracts on the books though and I think this is where we could leverage the situation in re-uniting the two brothers.

I'm thinking Justin Holiday (sign and trade) and Lance Thomas for Omer Asik, Quincy Pondexter (expirer), an unprotected 2018 second round pick, an unprotected 2019 second round pick and first round pick swaps in 2018 and 2019 would be worthwhile for us. At the end of the day, we'd only be adding a net increase of $2 million per year during the 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 season swapping the Lance Thomas contract for Omer Asik, which is negligible against an ~$100 million cap. That is more than reasonable for the possibility of two good second round picks and possibly better positioning in two upcoming drafts in the first round. There is, after all, a fair chance this Davis-Cousins pairing ends disastrously and with injury riddled seasons that has this team missing the playoffs and with no real means to upgrade the talent around them before the trade deadline. But the Pelicans would get two guys they could and would start at the 2 and 3 spots, which leads me tk believe that they do the deal especially with Dell Demps on the hot seat.

And FYI, I'd waive and stretch Asik's contract. Dude is trash and we already have Noah as the backup center.

Questions-- do baker and Holiday remain knicks?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy