[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Questions-- do baker and Holiday remain knicks?
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
6/24/2017  9:41 AM
One thing the Knicks have done poorly is not securing years 2-3 with their UDFA
I didn't know baker is already free agent. Need to do what houston does. 3 year contract with low level guarantees in the last 2 years

Getting back to question 1 does holiday and baker stay?

RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
newyorker4ever
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #5816

6/24/2017  9:46 AM
Answer--maybe Ron Burgandy but most likely not Holiday cause he's about to get paid more than we can afford right now.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/24/2017  9:47 AM
I think Baker definitely stays. He was a favorite of the coaching staff. I think cost determines if Holiday stays. He is 28? and has a shot at getting a pretty good contract. He also wants to play with his brother. I don't think the Knicks should bring in Jrue. I think of the two, Holiday probably leaves.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
Jmpasq
Member: #4182

6/24/2017  9:53 AM
BRIGGS wrote:One thing the Knicks have done poorly is not securing years 2-3 with their UDFA
I didn't know baker is already free agent. Need to do what houston does. 3 year contract with low level guarantees in the last 2 years

Getting back to question 1 does holiday and baker stay?

Depends on money, If we didnt have Lee Id keep holiday but you have to let him walk
Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
Sangfroid
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #2784

6/24/2017  9:54 AM
Can't say much about Dotson's defense, but if we re-sign Holiday, we'd have two guys that do what Lee does at a lot of dollars less.
"We are playing a game. We are playing at not playing a game..."
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

6/24/2017  9:57 AM
They leave and its two less players who know this system (somewhat) That's not the only reason to keep them of course, both have shown they can contribute. Unless the Knicks are planning to tank, I would bring them back.
WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/24/2017  11:33 AM
Knicks like Baker- Phil has mentioned him by name and we know Hornacek likes him...I expect Baker will be the one who eventually decides whether he wants to stay with the Knicks. Every team should have a player like Baker...I was not that surprised that the Cavs suffered a bit when Dellevedova left. Iggy on GS, Allen on Memphis, Bradley on Boston- I'm not saying Baker has their talent, but these are all guys who play hard-nosed D and are proud of hit. Right now Baker is that guy for the Knicks. The fact that he seems to be a better PG in our system than we anticipated is icing on the cake, and if he gets the J back on track he becomes a keeper.

I think Lee will be gone at the trade deadline. I was surprised that we didn't try to deal him for pick(s) in this draft. He should have some value to playoff contending teams, IMO.

Like Holiday a great deal, but I figure the nice year he had will earn him a spot on another team. I have no idea how he feels about the dysfunction on the team, or how the Knicks feel about him. To be honest, I might prefer to keep him over Lee at this point, but the Knicks invested in Lee, so I think Holiday will be the guy leaving the team.

EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
knicks1248
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #582
6/24/2017  11:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 6/24/2017  11:58 AM
Baker most recently as 2 wks ago, said several teams have reached out to his agent, . Just like Golloway, if im baker im going where the $$ is at.

Why would baker want to remain here in a 3rd string roll for under a million dollars. There's plenty of teams that will give him 2 to 4 mill on a 2 to 3 yr deal.

After the draft, four teams called Baker’s agent interested in signing him for summer league/training camp: Oklahoma City, which almost drafted him and is located an hour from his hometown of Scott City, Kansas, the Nets, the Cavaliers and the Bulls. There’s keen mutual interest in re-signing but money has to be a factor.

Baker, 24, said he’s unclear if he’ll visit other clubs and stressed his agents are in charge.

“It’s kind of up in the air,’’ Baker said of summer league. “I’m not sure how the (free-agent) process works. I think I played a lot of quality minutes. I feel like the Knicks and other organizations know what I bring. Not that I’m shying away from summer league. Free agency is obviously a very important part of an athlete’s career. The decision not to play might be better than to actually play sometimes.’’

That is why Baker is one of a small handful of Knicks at their Tarrytown training facility since Memorial Day. Baker is doing three-hour workouts in the mornings before the pre-draft candidates — some of whom he’s played against — come in.

“Seems we’re bringing in a lot of four-year guys,’’ Baker said.
Modal TriggerRon BakerNBAE/Getty Images
Baker was one of those four-year collegians — one factor in why Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek bonded with him, with their similar backgrounds. Hornacek, the former Jazz shooting coach, is now drilling Baker on his shooting technique, showing him footage on the iPad regarding his guide hand becoming steadier.

“Nothing complex,’’ Baker said. “Working on my shot, trying to be more efficient from 3-point land. Trying to simplify things as for my fundamentals when I shoot the ball.’’

Last June, Baker was amid 13 pre-draft workouts, spanning 31 days. With an eye on purchasing a second-rounder, Knicks executives interviewed Baker at the Chicago combine, then brought him in for an early-June workout. It was definitely unique.

“Theirs was more attention to detail,’’ Baker recalled. “We did touch base on the triangle. There were four guys in the group, so it was footwork, entries into the triangle, different cuts. We did that 10 minutes, got shots up but the rest of the time was playing 1-on-1.

“They just wanted to see how well you competed. During these workouts, it’s important to play hard and compete. Our scouts Clarence (Gaines Jr.) and Kristian (Petesic), they see you play quite a bit. They know what you can do before you get to the workout. You go in there and it’s how you interact and how you compete is pretty much the top priority.’’

The Knicks have three picks Thursday — 8, 44 and 58. Several prospects have commented that the triangle is a big part of the Knicks workout. Baker believes if he’s back, a better-executed triangle will result in better defense. The Knicks ranked 23rd in defense (allowing 108 ppg) last season.

ES
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/24/2017  11:48 AM
newyorker4ever wrote:Answer--maybe Ron Burgandy but most likely not Holiday cause he's about to get paid more than we can afford right now.

Yeah, Holiday is going to get a nice pay boost. That's regardless of the lowered salary cap projections. I don't think Baker has shown enough to get a big deal, so we should be able to cover. He showed flashes along with plenty of weaknesses.i don't see teams going crazy over Baker.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Knickoftime
Member: #3370

6/24/2017  12:06 PM
BRIGGS wrote:One thing the Knicks have done poorly is not securing years 2-3 with their UDFA

Like Hernangomez, you mean?

Like that?

rickyd
Member: #7499

6/24/2017  12:13 PM
Let be real about the Baker and Holiday. Baker just did make the team because of Randle(jaw or eye)he wouldn't have been a Knick. Holiday show that he is a good backup at SG and should be kept. Now all this talk about letting Lee go is crazy. Who is going to take his place??? Who is going to Rose Place??? Remember there isn't a anyone to score the ball if Melo(that good), Rose and Lee. So in your Greatest Wisdom let think of these things before posting stuff that makes no sense in the long run.

** If the thinking is to get the #1 pick next year!! Then you might have a point!!!

nyknickzingis
Member: #6207

6/24/2017  1:00 PM
Baker is a restricted free agent. I think we match most reasonable offers or just agree to terms.
Holiday I think will be lost via FA.

SG: Lee/Dotson/Vujacic
PG: Ntilikina/Baker/Randle

We stash #58 in Europe a year.
With CLee being a good veteran that can still play at a starting level and a team guy, I think we keep him another year. Dotson and Sasha his backups. Sasha because he knows the system better than any. Dotson as a development player who could become a sniper off the bench.

BRIGGS
6/24/2017  1:28 PM
Knickoftime wrote:

Like that?

Willy G was a high 2 nd rounder they traded for -- baker was the UDFA hey whoever did the contract and didn't protect him in Knicks management was wrong.

RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

6/24/2017  1:38 PM
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Like that?

Willy G was a high 2 nd rounder they traded for -- baker was the UDFA hey whoever did the contract and didn't protect him in Knicks management was wrong.

Like Plumlee, you mean?

Like that?

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
6/24/2017  1:49 PM
who the heck is signing Baker? Besides us?

Now - that said - we should give him a deal ASAP because while we're going to suck, he does have a year in the system and I don't think we can throw out either of our draft picks (frank/OJ) into the starting line up.

Holiday did develop nicely, but he is 28 and not really a fit for where we are as an organization. Make room for Dotson to get some minutes.

WaltLongmire
Member: #5843

6/24/2017  1:55 PM
nyknickzingis wrote:Baker is a restricted free agent. I think we match most reasonable offers or just agree to terms.
Holiday I think will be lost via FA.

SG: Lee/Dotson/Vujacic
PG: Ntilikina/Baker/Randle

We stash #58 in Europe a year.
With CLee being a good veteran that can still play at a starting level and a team guy, I think we keep him another year. Dotson and Sasha his backups. Sasha because he knows the system better than any. Dotson as a development player who could become a sniper off the bench.

Not sure Sasha is sticking...but we will see. I would like to see him as a coach, but I figure he's too young to consider that right now as a career option.
EnySpree: Can we agree to agree not to mention Phil Jackson and triangle for the rest of our lives?
BRIGGS
6/24/2017  2:04 PM
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Like that?

Like Plumlee, you mean?

Like that?

If a team acquires a player they like in UFDA--what sense does it make not to put some relatively minor insurance on them with 2 and 3 yr contracts like Houston always does to protect the asset?? Those contracts have no guarantee in those years but allows the team to keep their rights????
RIP Crushalot😞
Knickoftime

6/24/2017  2:13 PM
d
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Like that?

Like Plumlee, you mean?

Like that?

If a team acquires a player they like in UFDA--what sense does it make not to put some relatively minor insurance on them with 2 and 3 yr contracts like Houston always does to protect the asset?? Those contracts have no guarantee in those years but allows the team to keep their rights????

Knicks did that with Plumlee. So obviously it is on their radar.

The question you should be asking yourself is was Baker interested?

You can't just assume players have no say.

Fans have to get crawl out of their own asses long enough not assume that if something happened they don't like someone somewhere is to blame.

It's really an adolescent POV.

Chandler
Member: #6197

6/24/2017  3:20 PM
i hope they stay

some players who have left for greener pastures have found them not too green: e.g., Afflalo was cut, D. Williams has bounced around

at least on Knicks there's an opportunity for growth

(5)(5)
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/24/2017  3:25 PM
Knickoftime wrote:d
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:
BRIGGS wrote:
Knickoftime wrote:

Like that?

Like Plumlee, you mean?

Like that?

Knicks did that with Plumlee. So obviously it is on their radar.

The question you should be asking yourself is was Baker interested?

You can't just assume players have no say.

Fans have to get crawl out of their own asses long enough not assume that if something happened they don't like someone somewhere is to blame.

It's really an adolescent POV.

EXACTLY!!! Players have Agents. It's not always so cut and dry. In any event I expect Baker to be back. Holiday may have played himself out of NY. I really like him but there's no need to overspend for a 28 yr old 3nD guy at this point.
Questions-- do baker and Holiday remain knicks?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy