[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Ognjen Jaramaz at 58
Author Thread
reub
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6227

6/24/2017  4:21 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:OJ is single minded with the ball...when he penetrates he rarely looks for the pass off, but you can see him being popular with the fans if he makes the roster. Looks like he has short arms, but he is fearless.

Frank needs to be more aggressive looking for his shot, but he looked polished and you can see his defensive ability. Had a great block at one point. Needs to tighten up on his foul shooting...show more concentration. Made some good passes out there.

Frank does need to be more aggressive, but part of his perceived passiveness has to do with the coach's game plan. He gave the keys to his more experienced guards, Walker and Slaughter, to create. He probably would've taken a more prominent role if he stayed a year.

Frank is uber aggressive on defense. And all of the time. I stand with Frank!

AUTOADVERT
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/24/2017  6:00 PM
reub wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
WaltLongmire wrote:OJ is single minded with the ball...when he penetrates he rarely looks for the pass off, but you can see him being popular with the fans if he makes the roster. Looks like he has short arms, but he is fearless.

Frank needs to be more aggressive looking for his shot, but he looked polished and you can see his defensive ability. Had a great block at one point. Needs to tighten up on his foul shooting...show more concentration. Made some good passes out there.

Frank does need to be more aggressive, but part of his perceived passiveness has to do with the coach's game plan. He gave the keys to his more experienced guards, Walker and Slaughter, to create. He probably would've taken a more prominent role if he stayed a year.

How can any ou'd you have such a strong opinion about a guy just buy looking at highlights? His stats from his current season is horrible. Very mediocre.

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

6/24/2017  6:50 PM
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

How can any ou'd you have such a strong opinion about a guy just buy looking at highlights? His stats from his current season is horrible. Very mediocre.

Who, OJ or Frank? They both get decent playing time from their respective clubs.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
blkexec
Member: #748
6/24/2017  7:40 PM
1. Frank Ntilikina (1998, 6-5, PG, France, Strasbourg)

Frank Ntilikina
Frank Ntilikina
He is considered – and for good reason – the best International prospect of this year's class. Barring any unexpected circumstances, Frank Ntilikina is probably the only International player who is going to get drafted in the lottery this year. The French prospect has had scouts drooling for months now. After he played mostly as a back up point guard at the beginning of the season, he blew everyone away with his performances in FIBA's U18 European Championship – in Turkey, where he earned MVP honors – and afterward he was promoted to starting point guard in 2017, becoming a really solid player at the senior level. Ntilikina is a true point guard, with the potential to be a great two-way player. He is already a great passer and is improving as a shooter and a scorer. What excites everybody though is his defensive potential, since he has all the tools to become an elite defender, and a secret weapon with his 7'1 wingspan. He is far from a finished project, since he needs to bulk up and continue improving his shooting, and may see time in the D-league next year, but his upside makes it almost certain that he will be a top 10 pick.

10. Ognjen Jaramaz (1995, 6-4, PG, Serbia, Mega Leks)

The Serbian prospect had a season with a lot of ups and downs with Mega Leks. He looked like a Euroleague level player at best. And then adidas Eurocamp happened! Jaramaz played only two days there, but he managed to steal the show from more advertised players and win the MVP trophy, although it has to be noted that he was one of the oldest player there. That doesn't change the fact though that he was really impressive, showing his very solid athleticism, explosive first step and ability to score the ball. His decision making still needs work and at times looks more like a combo guard than a point guard, but he definitely looked like an NBA prospect in Treviso, which works on his favor.

http://www.nbadraft.net/top-10-international-prospects-2

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/24/2017  10:52 PM
TripleThreat wrote:Was hoping Knicks would take Blossingame. Spurs ended up taking him not much later. Bit ominous there....

Be interesting to see how it turns out.

I was thinking about him too. Tho I trust the scouts if they felt that strongly about Jaramaz. It's hard to imagine they'd pass up known guys for an unknown Euro unless they saw things that really lit up their list of criteria.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
6/25/2017  9:23 AM
On some of Frank's highlights he was doing up against OJ. Frank did what he wanted against OJ. OJ didn't have any highlights against Frank. Thought I would share that ☺
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/25/2017  9:40 AM
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I didn't get to watch his league championship ame but I know some guys did. I know there links out there where you can watch entire games for Frank. Maybe opinions are based on what guys are seeing. I know I am going to watch a couple of his games this week.
I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

6/26/2017  11:08 AM
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I didn't get to watch his league championship ame but I know some guys did. I know there links out there where you can watch entire games for Frank. Maybe opinions are based on what guys are seeing. I know I am going to watch a couple of his games this week.

alot of his major highlights were in the under 18 league. This year he played in the big league and the season stats don't lie. I haven't thought to look for the championship game on Friday. I will now and post back

Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BigDaddyG

6/26/2017  11:21 AM
EnySpree wrote:
CrushAlot wrote:
EnySpree wrote:
reub wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

alot of his major highlights were in the under 18 league. This year he played in the big league and the season stats don't lie. I haven't thought to look for the championship game on Friday. I will now and post back

He got about 18 min per at Strasbourg, which is the same that Willy got here. Not major minutes, but enough time to get a feel for what he can do. You can find games on YouTube. There are also highlights of him playing for Strasbourg, but you have to take those with a grain of salt. The same goes for highlight reels at any level.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
6/26/2017  11:30 AM
OJ? Lets give him his own name!

1. Oggy
2. Maz
3. Og-J

His release is Lin-like. I see the resemblance. Likes to dunk strong but hold that rim. Knicks going Euro, them AAU entitled guys not part of this culture.

newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/26/2017  11:48 AM
Fran Fraschilla says he doesn't think OJ will ever make it to the NBA. He doesn't think he has the skills to be in the NBA. Of course nobody can say for sure but if anyone can it would be Fran.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
6/26/2017  12:26 PM
newyorker4ever wrote:Fran Fraschilla says he doesn't think OJ will ever make it to the NBA. He doesn't think he has the skills to be in the NBA. Of course nobody can say for sure but if anyone can it would be Fran.

That surprised me. Why pick him the? NY scouts must see something.

Nalod
USA
6/26/2017  1:30 PM
Why is fran Frachilla an international expert? He never coached/played overseas, has not coached in 14 years.
He covers this on draft nite.

Oggy will be 22 this summer and picked 58th in the second round. That alone tells me he is a long shot.
Making stretch picks has deep rewards. Our Very own Willy just made all rookie team!! Mostly on the last two months of the season.
That was a stretch pick, stashed for a year and well groomed by our staff over a season.
Im sure Fran is correct. Can we get knicks to wear that color scheme as alternative jersey???

BigDaddyG

6/26/2017  2:51 PM
Nalod wrote:Why is fran Frachilla an international expert? He never coached/played overseas, has not coached in 14 years.

Oggy will be 22 this summer and picked 58th in the second round. That alone tells me he is a long shot.
Making stretch picks has deep rewards. Our Very own Willy just made all rookie team!! Mostly on the last two months of the season.
That was a stretch pick, stashed for a year and well groomed by our staff over a season.
Im sure Fran is correct. Can we get knicks to wear that color scheme as alternative jersey???

Are you trying to lose Knicks fans? I can't get high enough to sit through an entire game featuring mega leks uniforms. That explains why they've so many "sleepers." I don't think scouts have the will to sit through a game either. They just look at box scores.
CrushAlot
Member: #452
USA
6/26/2017  9:06 PM
Nalod wrote:Why is fran Frachilla an international expert? He never coached/played overseas, has not coached in 14 years.

I hope Fran is wrong. I remember reading this article about Fran when the Knicks took KP.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/26/sports/basketball/for-fran-fraschilla-espns-draft-interpreter-overseas-talent-must-be-translated.html

I'm tired,I'm tired, I'm so tired right now......Kristaps Porzingis 1/3/18
newyorker4ever
Member: #5816

6/27/2017  11:22 AM
GoNyGoNyGo wrote:
newyorker4ever wrote:Fran Fraschilla says he doesn't think OJ will ever make it to the NBA. He doesn't think he has the skills to be in the NBA. Of course nobody can say for sure but if anyone can it would be Fran.

That surprised me. Why pick him the? NY scouts must see something.

Yeah i'm not so sure why but if our scouts think he does have a chance to play in then NA then i have no problem with the pick especially with it being at #58 and being able to stash him in europe for a year or two probably had a lot to do with it as well.

Nalod
USA
6/27/2017  12:25 PM
CrushAlot wrote:

I hope Fran is wrong. I remember reading this article about Fran when the Knicks took KP.

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/26/sports/basketball/for-fran-fraschilla-espns-draft-interpreter-overseas-talent-must-be-translated.html

Thanks for posting. Bascially he covers it and kind of collects other reports. He really has not the background in scouting of foreign players.
he said KP would struggle, he was runner up rookie of the year. Thats not struggle.

anrst
Member: #1054
USA
6/27/2017  12:30 PM
does he ever pass?
meloshouldgo
Member: #5801

6/30/2017  7:37 PM
Nalod wrote:OJ? Lets give him his own name!

1. Oggy
2. Maz
3. Og-J

His release is Lin-like. I see the resemblance. Likes to dunk strong but hold that rim. Knicks going Euro, them AAU entitled guys not part of this culture.

NjenJa

I cannot teach anybody anything. I can only try to make them think - Socrates
nixluva
Member: #758
USA
6/30/2017  7:45 PM
meloshouldgo wrote:
Nalod wrote:OJ? Lets give him his own name!

1. Oggy
2. Maz
3. Og-J

NjenJa

MAZ!!!

Ognjen Jaramaz at 58

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy